/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umrah

Fishman
01-28-2007, 07:48 PM
:sl:
Today one of my friends said he would take me for Umrah to Saudi Arabia with him. I was really happy, and was thinking about it all the way home. When I told my mum though, she said no, quite understandably because she didn't want me to go all that way with a stranger. How can I convice her to let me go, and show that my friend is really a very good person? She does not have any time that she could talk to him, and probably won't change her mind if I just keep saying that he is very good.
Going to Makkah is one of my dreams, and I really don't want to lose my chance!
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
01-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Ahhh! i was in makkah around a month ago i miss it soooooooooooo much its the best place on earth Allah Akbar,

i suggest u tell ur mum and make dua, before i went to makkah my father wasnt letting me go i was so upset, but talking to him gently and making dua to allah swt helped me with it. Just try your best and leave the rest up to allah. Pray istihrka and ask your friends and relatives and see what they think.

because remember When Allah swt has decreed something no body can change it not even your mum, so if allah has decreed you go do umrah with that person then no one could stop u if not then kayeer inshalllah.

may allah allow you to do umrah with them if their good for u ameen

Fishman
01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

Ahhh! i was in makkah around a month ago i miss it soooooooooooo much its the best place on earth Allah Akbar,

i suggest u tell ur mum and make dua, before i went to makkah my father wasnt letting me go i was so upset, but talking to him gently and making dua to allah swt helped me with it. Just try your best and leave the rest up to allah. Pray istihrka and ask your friends and relatives and see what they think.

because remember When Allah swt has decreed something no body can change it not even your mum, so if allah has decreed you go do umrah with that person then no one could stop u if not then kayeer inshalllah.

may allah allow you to do umrah with them if their good for u ameen
But my parents aren't Muslims, they probably would not want me to go even if I went when I was older and not living with them. They care about my safety in this life, not my safety in the hereafter.

S_87
01-28-2007, 08:35 PM

how about taking your friend home one day so your mum has to meet him?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

how about taking your friend home one day so your mum has to meet him?
He's not a school friend, he's a man who goes to the same Masjid as me, and takes me to classes and lectures in the evenings. He's a taxi driver, so he's normally very busy.

afriend
01-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Get your friend to come to your house and speak with your parents...If you can do that?

Fishman
01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Get your friend to come to your house and speak with your parents...If you can do that?
I don't think he has time, he sometimes works until 1:00 in the morning. But insha'allah I will ask him.

afriend
01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah try...I have many family members who do cabbing, they have atleast 1 day off a week.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Uff thats a tough one because I think you are quite young. Just keep trying, asking and if Allah will it will happen if not then it doesn't mean you can never go in the future.

snakelegs
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
i think very few parents would allow their 14 year old kid travel to a foreign country with a man they didn't know (and just being introduced and spending a little time together is not really knowing a person). i would not allow it.
it's frustrating, but i think you will just have to have patience and hopefully, you will be able to go as soon as you are old enough.
being a kid can be exasperating, i remember it well.

afriend
01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Many kids have travelled to far off countries on their own. Age doesn't really matter too much. In this case, there is a guide/friend/companion. I think he should be fine :)

Helena
01-28-2007, 08:56 PM
i can understand ur mums point of view......in a day a person character cannot be seen...or cannot it?....

it is worrying/concern for your mum....at the end we know how mums are alike....traveling alone with a person...a stranger

on the other hand as others have suggested bring ur fellow friend in...from this ur mum can see....

have u explained to ur mum the journey to umrah?..what it means to us....

InshAllah may Allah(swt) accept ur intention inshAllah...may it be filled....

woah just read the above info...omg ur 14 surely that is understandable.....brother wait......till ur at a certain age.....

Daffodil
01-28-2007, 08:59 PM
lucky guy. i would just go, but then again u gotta obey ur parents. hmmm. dunno

BlissfullyJaded
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Given the fact that you've just reverted, and I'm sure its a hard adjustment for your parents to make accepting that, I don't think travelling alone to another country with a man they hardly know will go over well. Especially when they country you're planning on travelling to has so many sterotypes attached to it.

Sure, many teenagers have travelled on their own, but there also are many parents who would feel queasy about letting their child travel with somebody they don't know. But it depends on the parents, and what they see as acceptable. If you think your mother is the type who let you travel somewhere on your own, then you know what to do. Convince, convince, convince. If it doesn't work out, you know you tried, and inshaAllah you will have many opportunities to go for Umrah in the future!

S_87
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM

oh another thing, would she be less reluctant if you go with an actual group? they provide youth umrahs with proper organised saudi approved agents in the summer. and your friend could also go then too. suggest that and get the leaflet etc to show your mum its all an official thing?

al Amaanah
01-28-2007, 09:08 PM
may Allah ease this for you

afriend
01-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah...But look at it this way also, only 3 more years until we're free...woohoo! :) In the meantime, if you are patient it will feel better when you go, with your own revenues and with a more understanding mind.

I still haven't been...:-\ Insha'Allah one day :)

Malaikah
01-29-2007, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i think very few parents would allow their 14 year old kid travel to a foreign country with a man they didn't know (and just being introduced and spending a little time together is not really knowing a person). i would not allow it.
Neither would I!! Heck, I wouldn't even go myself, whether my parents let me or not...

format_quote Originally Posted by amani
oh another thing, would she be less reluctant if you go with an actual group? they provide youth umrahs with proper organised saudi approved agents in the summer. and your friend could also go then too. suggest that and get the leaflet etc to show your mum its all an official thing?

That is an excellent idea! Sounds like fun too.. :D

Fishman, I think it would be almost a miracle if your parents agree, Muslim or not, good parents just don't send their young kids off overseas with someone who isn't close friend/family...

NiceGuy1987
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM

ohh your 14 years old umm... i would say just wait a bit 14 is a good age to go but ur parents arnt muslim and i would understand their worries. as the sister or brother from above said wait until summer and see. remember

Allah will make a way if it is decreed for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.