/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Msa Needs Help

sweetbanana86
01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Salam alaikum

i need some serious advice, my msa needs help, like at our meetings there is nothing to do, we tried having halaqa's but now ppl are starting to get board with that, so if you please help us.........it would be extremely helpful

what do you do the MSA meetings at your school

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
01-28-2007, 08:56 PM
What's MSA?

Helena
01-28-2007, 08:59 PM
yeah am wondering the same...MSA?...never heard of it before?

Pk_#2
01-28-2007, 09:00 PM
We don't have any?

:oS

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
01-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I think it's like the 'Islamic Society' in colleges...

Al_Imaan
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
It stands for Muslim Students Association. ^^that's what it is

BlissfullyJaded
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
:sl:

MSA = Muslim Students Association.

I haven't got a clue what goes on there though, since I've never been a part of any of 'em.

zanjabeela
01-29-2007, 04:46 AM
The MSA at my school usually organizes get-together's around Eid times. Host iftaars during Ramadaan (not sure who provides the food, if all members contribute or what). They have a da'wah table once a week, where I guess they distribute literature and talk one-on-one with people going by. Oh, and during Islamic Awareness Week (or is it Month?), they host a series of da'wah oriented lectures. Oh, and of course they do have the weekly halaqa's for guys and girls. You can go into the MSA web sites at different universities to get a feel for what they do to keep things moving along.

The one and only thing I benefitted from them (Alhamdulillah) was the prayer/meditation room they arranged to be available for our salaah. Yes, we do have to share it with other faiths...but seeing as how Muslims are really the only ones using it, its really cool. MashaAllah.

Good luck!

aamirsaab
01-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Set up either a pool/snooker, football or tekken tournament. Keep the doors open and purchase a truck load of fanta.

=

Successful MSA.

sevgi
01-30-2007, 03:02 AM
we have sis dinner nights and "best dressed awards" every year.
we have an annual islamic awareness week wheer we do dawah work
we have friday lunches after friday prayer where we order a dozen boxes of pizza or something
we have islamic trivia nights
we have bbq's
we have a guest lecturer or imam come in and give a series of speeches every week...this year, ever wednesday at lunch time, we had a speaker talk on "the footsteps of Prophet Muhammed (saw)" so he started from his birth till after his death.

stuff like that.:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!