/* */

PDA

View Full Version : random question..have you tried chinese food?

Helena
01-29-2007, 02:20 PM
:w:

Its just a random question......have u guys eaten any chinese food...home or either resturants...and how wud u rate it?

prefer it mild or spicy?

chicken/veggie?

know any halaal resturants around london?

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
i havent.. but i wud like 2 :D

FBI
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Yes, I had sweet and sour rice and some other stuff while I was in mekkah.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2007, 02:25 PM
its nastiness man, the first thing which i thought after havin it is "can food get much more flavorless?"

but Alhamdulillaah, its good to eat simple food

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
01-29-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
i havent.. but i wud like 2 :D
we usually at home make...both my bro and dad made it couple of times...

basically adding....noodles, strips of frid chicken, and vegetables...such as peppers and such...

and den add our secret asian ingredient.....erm guess........wot....

.........spice.....please........

Helena
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Yes, I had sweet and sour rice and some other stuff while I was in mekkah.
are u kidding me....they had chinese food in makkah?....never seen it or tried it....i was stuck with KFC, burger kind, pizza.......

ya...where about was it? location?

Helena
01-29-2007, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
its nastiness man, the first thing which i thought after havin it is "can food get much more flavorless?"

but Alhamdulillaah, its good to eat simple food
LOL......soo agree with you....after watching documentaries of bizzare chinese food....wallahi...i was soo put off....

home made is the best.......

my mummy is afriad to have it in a resturant.....never know......:nervous:

FBI
01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
are u kidding me....they had chinese food in makkah?....never seen it or tried it....i was stuck with KFC, burger kind, pizza.......

ya...where about was it? location?
By the haram, it was in some building it had other restruants there ect.

Helena
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
By the haram, it was in some building it had other restruants there ect.
by the haram..which entrance...near abdul aziz gate?....erm is it next to the shopping mall?.....or?....near the market?....

S_87
01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
yes. i love fried rice and chow meins one of my fave meals.
like spicy. and both chicken and veg

Erundur
01-29-2007, 02:41 PM
:salamext:

General zao's orange chicken and the low mein is the best :thumbs_up

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I only ever had it once, it was in Pakistan. It tasted decent, to my suprise.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
chinese food in bangladesh iz sooo famous.. ul c a chinese restaurant everywher u go :p i probably hav actually tried it but cnt remember lol

FBI
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM

shopping mall
Must have been the shopping mall since there were loads of people there.

aamirsaab
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Stir fry chicken is nice.

That's the extent of my chinese food consumption.

Al-Hanbali
01-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Yh I have...and yh it is quite nice especially a dish called CHICKEN MANCHURIAN....:) Yh i went to this place called "FUSIONHALAL". Its in Tooting. :)

netprince
01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Being someone who has eaten spicy food all his life i found chinese food to be very very very bland and tasteless.....

.....on a slightly more positive note, when we have cooked chinese style food and added the missing ingredients, namely spices, the food tasted very good :D

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I totally agree!
I think it's cos I had the proper tradition stuff from a Chinese place. However I had some chicken lollipops at an asian resturant and they were not too bad...

seeker_of_ilm
01-29-2007, 07:39 PM

Hmm, well I've had "Chinese" at some guys house, but to me it looked like Indian/Pakistani food with Noodles. Then of course I have had Indo-Chinese food at a restaurant which is really nice. But I have not actually had the opportunity to eat Chinese food at a restaurant yet.

I have however had proper Thai Food at a restaurant, it was AWESOME! Thai Food is one of my best styles of food...though not my absolute best

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
i was stuck with KFC, burger kind, pizza.......
Yeah i go crazy at KFC and Burger King in Saudia cos you can't have it in UK!!

Tania
01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
chicken lollipops
Which part of bird is this :?

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Is sushi chinise or thai?

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Which part of bird are this :?
It's what we call the 'drumsticks'

amirah_87
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM

I have'nt tried chinese yet, but im really crazed up about givin sushi a go!! :D *InshaAllah*

I have however had proper Thai Food at a restaurant, it was AWESOME! Thai Food is one of my best styles of food...though not my absolute best
Same here,

I've only had Thai which was really nice but a wee bit too greasy for me!

But overall the meal was really lovely, Sea Food is beautiful SubhanAllah!!

SUMMAYAH
01-29-2007, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

I have'nt tried chinese yet, but i really crazed up about givin sushi a go!! :D *InshaAllah*
I could never eat anything raw.............

- Qatada -
01-29-2007, 07:57 PM

Sis traveller, i think on Islam Channel theres an advert for a chinese food kind of restaurant, its called Fusion i think.

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 07:59 PM

Its just a random question......have u guys eaten any chinese food...home or either resturants...and how wud u rate it?

prefer it mild or spicy?

chicken/veggie?

know any halaal resturants around london?

yeh... some of it is arlight... but i just dont get how they mix sweet and chilli and things like that... das just beyond me :heated: that sorta fodo puts me off.

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Sis traveller, i think on Islam Channel theres an advert for a chinese food kind of restaurant, its called Fusion i think.
fusion cooking? oh god that's the worst man... well 90% of the combinations are just... beyond belief.. but das not chinese innit? its like some sort of fashion that recently emerged... erghhh

:w: :D

Helena
01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
chinese food in bangladesh iz sooo famous.. ul c a chinese restaurant everywher u go :p i probably hav actually tried it but cnt remember lol
woah it can found in both Pakistan and Bangladesh......erm havnt to Bangladesh yet.....wudnt have any idea or soo......

in tooting..erm seen the adverts...theres a local in my place...erm gormei buffet in ilford....£4.50 for a buffet....pretty cheap i guess....and its halaal...egg rice, prawn stir fry is pretty good...lemon chicken tasty...

only prob was very very bland.....that was the only problem.....and and the drinks were not free refill...that made it worse...lol...

Plus i remembered having it after teraweeh in ELM during ramadan surely was spicy and delicious....

the other time was in EXCel.....was abit watery......good thou...

whats sushi? .....:nervous:

Al-Hanbali
01-29-2007, 08:23 PM

SUSHI......raw fish+o( .....i cannot imagine why ppl would eat raw fish....+o(

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

SUSHI......raw fish+o( .....i cannot imagine why ppl would eat raw fish....+o(
believe it or not i was just told that tuna is raw fish too :uuh:

Al-Hanbali
01-29-2007, 08:31 PM

what:uuh: serious? well tuna mayo is alright.....

Kittygyal
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
salamualikum.
tried chineese noodles && rice NO COMMENT :X
Ma'assalama

lolwatever

what:uuh: serious?
yep :offended:

Kittygyal
SALAMUALIKUM.
TUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA NO WAY!
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
01-29-2007, 08:34 PM
salamualikum.
Lolwateva thats garbbage u made it up dude
Ma'assalama

M.I.A.
01-29-2007, 08:38 PM
id love to try sushi:playing: ..but aint had a chance yet.

as for chinese food.. i once got too much chicken and ended up making chinese food all weekend. the wok has been in hibernation ever since.

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
SALAMUALIKUM.
TUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA NO WAY!
Ma'assalama
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
Lolwateva thats garbbage u made it up dude
Ma'assalama
lol i swear im srs!! those canned tuna u get.... it was my frend who was tellin me tht when i told him raw fish sux.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Chinese food (anything that has chicken in it) + Spicy = :thumbs_up

:happy:

lolwatever
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
There are different methods of canning tuna using either raw or precooked tuna. There are two reasons canned tuna sold commercially are precooked prior to canning. First, precooking removes much of the body oil of tuna; that oil causes the meat to be somewhat bitter. Second, precooking improves the appearance, flavor, and texture of the product. After precooking, tuna meat is packed in oil (cottonseed, soy, or vegetable), water, or oil and water.
http://www.cfast.vt.edu/Publications/tuna.shtml

these guys say its light, watever tht means http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/23538

i hope th eone we use isn't raw :uuh: but i swear das wat my frend was sayin.. he was tryin 2convince me 2try sushi by sayin dat even tuna is raw...
:offended:

Kittygyal
01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
lol i swear im srs!! those canned tuna u get.... it was my frend who was tellin me tht when i told him raw fish sux.
salamualikum.
i smell TUNA thats false it can't be OMG! :offended: :offended:
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
01-29-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
http://www.cfast.vt.edu/Publications/tuna.shtml

these guys say its light, watever tht means http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/23538

i hope th eone we use isn't raw :uuh: but i swear das wat my frend was sayin.. he was tryin 2convince me 2try sushi by sayin dat even tuna is raw...
salamualikum.
Grocious! false dude :offended: it can't be grr thats it am gonna report to the cops haha :mad:
Ma'assalama

Woodrow
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
All of the canned tuna is cooked. The raw tuna used for sushi is much too expensive to use for the canned tuna.

Sushi involves a bit more than just putting a dead fish on a platter.

Also Sushi is Japanese not Chinese.

Helena
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

LOL...thats sounds soo like moi....

shushi.....erm will never try....+o( ...how can tuna be raw? or is it?

Muezzin
01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Chicken Chow Mein rocks.

Someone mentioned the Japanese food sushi, which is also nice. It's an acquired taste though.

Al-Hanbali
01-29-2007, 10:32 PM

They must cook the tuna before....well i hope they do.....if its raw i aint touching that again

snakelegs
01-30-2007, 02:04 AM
yeah, chinese food is ok once in awhile. you have to be a little careful, tho cuz they use pork quite a bit.
i prefer indian/pakistani or mexican.

sevgi
01-30-2007, 05:23 AM
yes,,,well i think it was chinese. never been to a resaturant for it... my frend just tried to make some. it was ok.

lolwatever
01-30-2007, 07:24 AM

They must cook the tuna before....well i hope they do.....if its raw i aint touching that again

well looks liek there's only two sorts... raw or pre-cooked (Watever precooked is)

sevgi
01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
raw fish is more japanese than chinese.

in japan, i went to a sushi train restaurant...and there was a hair in my sushi+o( i hate sushi...then they gave us some fishy soup thingy...that was also ew. then we found out that green tea was for free also, but that was also ew...coz they dnt put sugar in it. well..they dnt really put sugar in anything.:muddlehea

amirah_87
01-30-2007, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
raw fish is more japanese than chinese.

in japan, i went to a sushi train restaurant...and there was a hair in my sushi+o( i hate sushi...then they gave us some fishy soup thingy...that was also ew. then we found out that green tea was for free also, but that was also ew...coz they dnt put sugar in it. well..they dnt really put sugar in anything.:muddlehea

I can't belive you actually went there and did'nt like it!?... :eek:

I'd like to try it out there soups, especially the Miso soup!!

I lurrv fishy stuff! :statisfie ..

Sushi's soo pretty aswell, eatin it is like a sin! :p

Al-Zaara
01-30-2007, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

Agreed. :happy: But I still prefer Turkish food.

I've tried sushi... It's not too bad really, but not what I expected either.

SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 10:10 AM
For all the peeps that want to try out sushi, here's a video clip on how to eat it with the correct manners, without offending the chef........

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-eat-sushi

sevgi
01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

Agreed. :happy: But I still prefer Turkish food.

I've tried sushi... It's not too bad really, but not what I expected either.
go turkish food!!! whoohoo...wats ur favourite turkish food? if u ever come to australia, i can make it for ya!!!:D

^..sTr!vEr..^
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
iav eaten chinese food loads of tymzz n i luv it :)

Al-Zaara
01-30-2007, 10:35 AM
go turkish food!!! whoohoo...wats ur favourite turkish food? if u ever come to australia, i can make it for ya!!!:D
Well, as I'm partly Turkish, I love everything about Turkish food and get to taste it almost everyday (my Mum's and mine cooking)! :D

I love Dolmaas, köfte and sarmas!

Now if talking about fast food, I'd say düner kebab... And If we're talking about any Turkish sweet, I'll roar: Lokum!!!
Now there's one reason more for me to go to Australia, insha'Allah! :happy:

sevgi
01-30-2007, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Well, as I'm partly Turkish, I love everything about Turkish food and get to taste it almost everyday (my Mum's and mine cooking)! :D

I love Dolmaas, köfte and sarmas!

Now if talking about fast food, I'd say düner kebab... And If we're talking about any Turkish sweet, I'll roar: Lokum!!!
Now there's one reason more for me to go to Australia, insha'Allah! :happy:
part turkish? where in Turkey are u from?

i hate lokum:eek: , i love sarma, i dnt mind kofte and dolma, i dnt like kebabs(i worked in a kebab shop for way too long to like kebabs anymore:)

if ur eva in sydney let me know...but ur mum probably cooks better than me...

Al-Zaara
01-30-2007, 10:44 AM
part turkish? where in Turkey are u from?

i hate lokum:eek: , i love sarma, i dnt mind kofte and dolma, i dnt like kebabs(i worked in a kebab shop for way too long to like kebabs anymore:)
Hahaha! Oh my goodness, never heard of a Turk not liking kebab! :eek:
And lokum rocks. :cry:

Well, the father of my grand-father from Dad's side was a Turk, from Bursa. I am a Kosovo Albanian, but got roots from Turkey too. Maybe you know when the Ottomans took over Kosovo? That's why many Albanians from there are partly Turkish, like me.

I've got relatives in both Bursa and Istanbul. :happy:

edit: sorry for going off topic. :X

Naheezah
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
any1 try "chop Seuy"(dats a chinese food) here??!!:eek:

i ate dat 1 day n felt real sick... i got all kind of stomach prob/indigestion prob etc:cry: imsad ya Allah ill nver tke dat again!!:hiding:

Tania
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM
.they dnt really put sugar in anything.:muddlehea
In Holland, i heard from my colleagues, they put sugar in everything, including in soup. In exchange they are not using the salt. She had big problems to find salt even in supermarkets.

starfortress
01-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I know those Chinese like to put a fire on their wok during cookings.

England
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I ate a chinese tonight but all I can eat is chips, rice, mushrooms, curry sauce. Still nice.

jzcasejz
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I Had It..It Was Like Thick Noodley Stuff, Was Dark Brown..And Ermm...Veggie In It...And Yeah...Tasted Great...

EDIT: oh ma bad..ermm..i didnt have it spicy...it was mild-ey...still very nice though...4got da place though..ma sis'd kno...

but for da record...itz chicken n chipz anyday :D

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I just got done eating some and it was MmmmmmMmmmmmMmmmmmm GOOD!!!!
spicy honey chicken with rice. yummy :D

seeker_of_ilm
01-30-2007, 08:42 PM

I say you should all forget about everything you've eaten, Chinese or not. One taste of my cooking, and you'll be hooked on it. And I don't say this out of arrogance and boastfullness :hiding:

England
01-30-2007, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I say you should all forget about everything you've eaten, Chinese or not. One taste of my cooking, and you'll be hooked on it. And I don't say this out of arrogance and boastfullness :hiding:

I'm a better cook than you :mad:

FBI
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM

Just don't forget to tell that to your future wife :happy:

Helena
01-30-2007, 08:56 PM
guys theres no pint annoying him...he seems offline...:hiding: ...hehe...:rolleyes: ...

erm surely no can beat me.......:shade: :shade: :shade: .....

Kittygyal
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM

salamualikum.
aww bless akhi, inshallah you will do a great job for your future wife inshallah :D
Ma'assalama

England
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm the best cook here. I can make vegetables more enjoyable than chicken or steak :D

Helena
01-30-2007, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I'm the best cook here. I can make vegetables more enjoyable than chicken or steak :D
okie i cant argue there.......but hey no one can beat me mum....lol...beat that?....:D :shade: ....(am only kidding, just a joke)

okie lads back to the topic.....we shud create a sep thread on whose the best cook around...:happy:

Kittygyal
01-30-2007, 09:06 PM
salamualikum.
am gonna admit am the poor cook here thats because i don't like cooking have better things to do so yeah :embarrass, ah well i did admit to it
Ma'assalama

England
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I cook my own food. I don't particularly like people cooking for me. I have to admit though with all credit to Indians I use their spices which makes my meal smell and taste delicious :happy: Herbs and spices make all the difference.

Al-Hanbali
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM

I heard that Chinese food contains some sort of substance which comes from Pork in every dish.......just wondering if anyone else heard bout this.

Kittygyal
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM

I heard that Chinese food contains some sort of substance which comes from Pork in every dish.......just wondering if anyone else heard bout this.
salamualikum.
i heard something along those lines && i heard about that they eat mice && other un-healthy animals allah hu alim.
Ma'assalama

Keltoi
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Just had Chinese food last night. Fried rice with shrimp, beef, and chicken.

Woodrow
02-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Traditional Chinese cooking is actualy quite simple. It is all based on including equal amounts of opposites. the Yin-Yang of cooking, you put something sweet, you add something sour. You put something green you add something red, you put something soft you add something crunchy etc.

well maybe not so simple. But, if you are eating Chinese food that tastes bland, it is not traditional Chinese. Authentic Chinese will either sizzle your tongue or blow the top of your head off.

learningislam
02-03-2007, 06:25 AM

we dont eat real chinese at restaurants...but yeah do try at home....still its too modified.....like sis traveler said....adding spices and all....
I know....no body at home can eat chinese.... i lately cooked something that might be called chinese ....( i call it chinese rice)...it was so colourful and tasted well too, but not everyone enjoyed it. I will share the recepie when i cook next time coz i fluctuated the ingredients too much.
Just to give an idea....it had eggs, soya sauce, vinegar, pepper , salt(NaCl) , rice, chicken, beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower and oil.
I have acquired the taste to this food.....and i really like it. Plus its so simple and, quick to make.

:wasalamex

Muezzin
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I like me some chicken chow mein.

crayon
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Yup, it's pretty good. It's not my FAVORITE kind of food, but it's nice every so often. We make it at home as well.

Now it's Japanese food that I don't like. Sushi.... :hmm: let's just say it's not one of my favorites.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.