/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON !

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2007, 09:39 PM
:salamext:

So today as i was walking around outside i noticed three things,

1. Best Selling book about osama bin laden portraying muslims as bad people stuck right at the front where everybody is likely to see.

2. Best selling book about Al-Qaeda and radical muslims again same as no.1

3. On the papers theres Radical Muslims written on the front page in BIG WRITING.

My Qestion:
Are your mates/friends/family scared of islam? Do they have a bad view of islam?

Thanks for taking time to answer this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Chechen
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I see it everyday. People are trying to make muslims look like bad guys. Sometimes they do it openly sometimes they do it in some subliminal messages and stuff but it's really annoying because you hear words like terrorist everyday and I'm seriously starting to get sick of it.

SATalha
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I think this rise in Hate is something that we all should of expected? Some hadith narrate this, sorry i dont have the daleel at the moment. I certainly get the looks when me and my Paps walk down in the city. We are dresses in the tub and white hat, people look and i just wonder what they are thinking in their 1000 pound suits.

Chechen
01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I think this rise in Hate is something that we all should of expected? Some hadith narrate this, sorry i dont have the daleel at the moment. I certainly get the looks when me and my Paps walk down in the city. We are dresses in the tub and white hat, people look and i just wonder what they are thinking in their 1000 pound suits.

When I walk around in the street people look at me and my mother with angry faces and I start feeling uncomfortable but then I think to myself: why should I care what these people think of me? I don't care what they think of me I only about what Allah thinks of me and they can't judge me cause they're simple humans like me. So that's what I tell myself. I just tell myself that they're jealous of me:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechen
When I walk around in the street people look at me and my mother with angry faces and I start feeling uncomfortable but then I think to myself: why should I care what these people think of me? I don't care what they think of me I only about what Allah thinks of me and they can't judge me cause they're simple humans like me. So that's what I tell myself. I just tell myself that they're jealous of me:D

But they're not jealous of you...

Chechen
01-29-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
But they're not jealous of you...

Maybe they aren't I just tell myself that to make myself feel better:D

SATalha
01-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah bro sometimes it scary, specialy in friday nights when the non-muslims are drunk they go bonkers. you see we Bengalis are small in size and these guys are like 6ft pluse...But we do pack a punch. Not that i want to anyway.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I think i read the hadith,

it says something like the mu'mins will be feared by everyone but they will fear none but Allaah.

The fear might be the islamaphobia?

wilberhum
01-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I see it everyday. People are trying to make muslims look like bad guys. Sometimes they do it openly sometimes they do it in some subliminal messages and stuff but it's really annoying because you hear words like terrorist everyday and I'm seriously starting to get sick of it.
I don't think people have to try to hard to make Muslims look like bad guys. Some Muslims are doing a good job of it.

IE.
Groups claim Israel suicide blasthttp://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...469430E96A.htm
Islamic Jihad and al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades have claimed joint responsibility for the first-ever suicide attack in the Israeli town of Eilat in which three people were killed.

A 21-year-old from Gaza was named as carrying out Monday's bombing in the first suicide attack by Palestinian fighters in Israel in nine months.

The bomber's mother said she was proud of the attack.
Mohammed's brother, Naim, agreed. "We can hold our heads high after this brave martyr operation," he said.

The bakery owner and two employees were killed in addition to the bomber.
Yes, what a brave man, killed a baker and two employees.
Bread makers are the most evil of all. What courage it must take to blow up unarmed civilians at honest work.

Now I ask you, who is making Muslims look like the bad guys?

Chechen
Yeah bro sometimes it scary, specialy in friday nights when the non-muslims are drunk they go bonkers. you see we Bengalis are small in size and these guys are like 6ft pluse...But we do pack a punch. Not that i want to anyway.
That must suck you should just get yourself some Chechen brothers to help you and that'll be the end to all your problems:D If I was there I'd help you:happy:

Chechen
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I think i read the hadith,

it says something like the mu'mins will be feared by everyone but they will fear none but Allaah.

The fear might be the islamaphobia?

I believe I read it somewhere myself but I can't remember it anymore...

Chechen
01-29-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I don't think people have to try to hard to make Muslims look like bad guys. Some Muslims are doing a good job of it.

IE.
Groups claim Israel suicide blasthttp://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...469430E96A.htm

Yes, what a brave man, killed a baker and two employees.
Bread makers are the most evil of all. What courage it must take to blow up unarmed civilians at honest work.

Now I ask you, who is making Muslims look like the bad guys?

I agree with you that what is told in the article is wrong and I don't agree with actions like that but believe me people here hate all muslims and it's not just because a few suicide bombings that happened thousands of miles away from here. I don't know but a lot on TV and in the streets you see anti muslims stuff and it's there for everyone to see. I mean people look at my mother like if she was a dangerous armed person but what can a woman with a bag of groceries do??

tomtomsmom
01-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Here in America I didn't know what a muslim was until 9/11. Sure I had seen the women but didn't know the religion was why they had on head scarves. I thought it was some strange culture thing. Then in late 2002 I started working at a pizza shop owned by muslims. That is where I met my husband and got to know his close friend. They both began to teach me about the religion and cultures. I must admit that in the begining my family didn't aprove. Most of all my father. But then it only took one meeting between the two of them for my father to accept him. He has affected all of my families veiw on Islam. Because of him they realize that it isn't what the media makes it out to be.
Now I try to spread the word as much as I can to anyone I meet. Americans need to know that there is no need to be afraid of Islam. It is a peaceful religion that in SOME cases has been distorted to fit peoples needs to justify their evil actions. Islam is not any where near being evil but the people who abuse it are. I think that is the message that the Islamic community in America need to get out to the public.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
wilberhum, thats not islaam mate, thats muslims, learn the difference ;)

IbnAbdulHakim
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
btw wilberhum you didnt answer the question, do most poeple you know see islam as a bad thing?

Chechen
01-29-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
Here in America I didn't know what a muslim was until 9/11. Sure I had seen the women but didn't know the religion was why they had on head scarves. I thought it was some strange culture thing. Then in late 2002 I started working at a pizza shop owned by muslims. That is where I met my husband and got to know his close friend. They both began to teach me about the religion and cultures. I must admit that in the begining my family didn't aprove. Most of all my father. But then it only took one meeting between the two of them for my father to accept him. He has affected all of my families veiw on Islam. Because of him they realize that it isn't what the media makes it out to be.
Now I try to spread the word as much as I can to anyone I meet. Americans need to know that there is no need to be afraid of Islam. It is a peaceful religion that in SOME cases has been distorted to fit peoples needs to justify their evil actions. Islam is not any where near being evil but the people who abuse it are. I think that is the message that the Islamic community in America need to get out to the public.

:thumbs_up It's true people need to know more about Islam. They only know Islam because of television and the television always tells them that muslims are evil people who have nothing better to do than blow themselves up.

Woodrow
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
In the US it is going to make a difference as to where you live. The states with the largest Muslim populations seem to have the most understanding and acceptance.

I will only speak for Austin, we are a very diverse culture with many religions and races living in peace. Hate crimes are very rare here and very minor.

wilberhum
01-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree with you that what is told in the article is wrong and I don't agree with actions like that but believe me people here hate all muslims and it's not just because a few suicide bombings that happened thousands of miles away from here. I don't know but a lot on TV and in the streets you see anti muslims stuff and it's there for everyone to see. I mean people look at my mother like if she was a dangerous armed person but what can a woman with a bag of groceries do??
Whoever discriminates against one because of the actions of another is wrong. We are responsible for our own actions and not that of others.

My only point was that it not only non-Muslims that are causing discrimination against Muslims.

And yes I know people who think Islam is evil.

There opinions were not created by what Islam says or non-Muslims say. They came to the conclusion because of what some Muslims do in the name of god.

tomtomsmom
01-29-2007, 10:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Reza_Taheri-azar
This is what we hear about in my state. There are never stories on the news of how the local mosques feed the homeless in the area. Or the FREE classes the have to help people learn english or further thier education. It makes me sick that people only hear the negative side of things. The muslim population here is fairly small compared to other states so unless you personally know someone then all you hear about is what is on the news. None of this is taught in school. Just like I had no idea that Isreal wasn't even a country until 1947. I found that out from my husband. The majority of americans really need to open their eyes to what is really going on.

snakelegs
01-29-2007, 10:33 PM
My Qestion:
Are your mates/friends/family scared of islam? Do they have a bad view of islam?
Thanks for taking time to answer this
no, but i am extremely selective about the kind of people i spend time around and i don't hang out with bigots.

Muezzin
01-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Bigots can be a great source of comedy as they are so dang easy to scare. All you have to do is say 'Look! A gay guy, a black guy, a Jew and a Muslim! They must all have AIDS!'

Comedy ensues.

Sometimes.

Jayda
01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
hola,

i thought maybe this question was addressed to nonmuslims because it says "calling the non-muslims" is that so?

also what does "YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON ! " mean...

muchos gracias...

snakelegs
01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
hola jayda,
i think it's just the arabic translation for the enlish - like "hey, you non-muslim folk!"

Pk_#2
01-29-2007, 11:28 PM
No,

not that i know of!

Non-Muslim family members and freinds are fine with Islam :D and Muslims!

Also, I'm a lion :shade: :hiding:

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!!

Erundur
01-30-2007, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola,

i thought maybe this question was addressed to nonmuslims because it says "calling the non-muslims" is that so?

also what does "YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON ! " mean...

muchos gracias...
:salamext:

Its from Surat-al-Kafiroon (chapter 109)

Say, "O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

:sl:

limitless
01-30-2007, 02:11 AM
:sl:

I grew up with non-muslims, their my friends, its sad, but it is the truth. I have always been an excellent "Muslim" type of person to people around me. They all love, respect and are amazed by my personality and surprise to hear that I am Muslim. Their views on Islam have never been as what people describe; terroist and etc. I met one Muslim girl, who gave up on Islam, but talking to me she regained and started to practice Islam again. I never came across a Jew or Christian that disliked Islam.

There was this case regards to Muslims and certain Christian females. She (not practicing Muslim) said that all Muslims guys are "pathetic" and etc, and they all prefer "Caucasian" females, and "I hate Islam for that". It took awhile to make her realize thats not how Islam is, but what she said is true. Thus, my friends don't have a bad view of Islam, nor does my private school; Notre Dame Catholic School and its staff.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
^ But bro, from what you said i gather that they dont have a bad view of you as a muslim, how can you be sure that they dont have a bad view of islam.

These days i even worry that some of the weak muslims might have a bad view of islam... audhubillaah!

Grace Seeker
02-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Can't really check any of the answers in your poll. Some do have a negative view of Islam, some don't. And I relate to them on so many different levels that one general response does not work for them as a group.

Keltoi
02-21-2007, 03:05 AM
I agree with Grace Seeker here, the poll options aren't really nuanced enough to choose one. Many of the people I know criticize Islam for one reason or another. Usually it has to do with what they percieve as the violent nature of the religion's followers. I know plenty of people who criticize Christianity for similar reasons.

Akil
02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
I know many people who have a negative opinion of Islam but the majority of them are US soldiers, some who have had bad experiences and lost good friends in Iraq and Afghanistan and others who see all Muslims as representing or supporting extremist ideology.

I never back down from educating someone, ever. Not if they’re an officer, not if it’s in front of my entire battalion, not if their a good friend, not if their antagonistic, not for any reason at all. Education is the key to solving ignorance. Ignorance is one of the root causes of hate.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
. Education is the key to solving ignorance. Ignorance is one of the root causes of hate.
:) thats great :)

Keltoi
03-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with Akil, education and experience will trump hate in most cases. Perhaps I was lucky in that I have known quite a few Muslims from a very young age. I have a Muslim friend that I drink coffee with at Starbucks and talk about history for an hour every other morning. Our discussions have nothing to do with religion and we aren't separated by the issue. The more interaction people of all faiths have with one another, the more tolerance and acceptance one will see.

chacha_jalebi
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
salaam

lol @ ya ayyuhal kafiroon :p

one thing you must always remember that everyone is gona judge you by your actions, so if gay laden does his thins people are gona judge all muslims like that, so what you gota do is represent islam yourself, show people that its the most peaceful and beautiful religion, like we are normal peeps we have fun, we go out, but we just do it modestly and make sure its not againist the religion, many non muslims have negative stereo types of muslims, due to ignorance, but i think its up to the muslims to try to fix it up:D

^..sTr!vEr..^
03-02-2007, 04:31 PM
"They aim to extiguish Allah's light with their utterances, but Allah has willed to spread his light in all his fullness, however hateful this maybe to those who deny the truth." [61:8]

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
hmm, quite a lot of people do seem to have a bad view of islam according to the innacurate poll :p but honsetly if you think about it the disbelievers always did and always will have a bad view of islam. Its because it doesnt agree with their system and islam is a way of life, to accept it is to be a part of it... kinda

England
03-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes my family do have a bad view of muslims. They believe, especially my dad, that muslims have an extreme hatred for non muslims. They believe that muslims want everything their way. Basically their picture of Islam is the same as the media and the BNP.

cihad
03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
^sad

IbnAbdulHakim
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Basically their picture of Islam is the same as the media and the BNP.
Peace England and i congratulate you for being in such an environment and yet coming to a muslim forum to find out more. Thats something impressive.

Well we do want things our way, ie halal food, people punished for sins etc to create a better civilization but at the same time we're very open to allow people to worship the way they want, we give freedom, we just like a good society you know. People covered up to protect modesty so that girls can have a good esteem and not feel like looks are everything also we need some justice... how many robbers and murderers come out of jail only to repeat what they've done?

nevesirth
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
jazakallah kahir akhi, allahuakbar!!!!!!!!!!

czgibson
03-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Greetings,

Like several of the previous posters, I know people on all sides of the question, so it's difficult for me to choose an option in the poll.

There is one sizable group whose views worry me immensely, though, and that's the majority of the kids I teach at school, for whom Muslim = terrorist. There are very few people of any colour other than white at the school, and no Muslims at all, so the chances of many of the pupils having met a real-life Muslim are slim. Staff members often have to tell kids off for saying things about Muslims that are truly ignorant and hateful. This hatred is coming from somewhere, and it shows little sign of diminishing.

Peace

Akil
03-29-2007, 10:55 PM
This hatred is coming from somewhere, and it shows little sign of diminishing.
I think a lot of it is the same reason we hate the French. Most people have not met anyone from France nor know anything about France. What people know via the media is that the French dislike us. So we equally dislike them.

American kids see Arabs and Muslims protesting against America, calling for our destruction and death, burning the American flag etc

So a natural response would be to; hate back.

That’s what hate does, it multiplies like fire.

It will take alot to overcome this cycle.

Grace Seeker
03-30-2007, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
I think a lot of it is the same reason we hate the French. Most people have not met anyone from France nor know anything about France. What people know via the media is that the French dislike us. So we equally dislike them.

American kids see Arabs and Muslims protesting against America, calling for our destruction and death, burning the American flag etc

So a natural response would be to; hate back.

That’s what hate does, it multiplies like fire.

It will take alot to overcome this cycle.

And sadly it really doesn't take a lot to incite it either.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

This hatred is coming from somewhere, and it shows little sign of diminishing.

Peace
yes as Akil has quite clearly stated, the hatred is from the false images portrayed through media. The american government hates muslims, so blair follows bush in his hate for muslims thus leading to most of the west hating muslims.

wilberhum
03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
:? :?
The american government hates muslims,
Now I understand why Muslims keep imigrating to the US. DA:?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 07:52 PM
i wouldnt expect you to understand.

Bearded brothers are treated as criminal suspects. niqaabi sisters treated as unsociable, brothers shot on the doorstep oh and the goverment 100% backs it up as mr blair says. i still remember the 5 brothers who were also taken in at canada, see how far its spreading, mosques were completely destroyed just because of that little incident. How many times have mosques been interrogated in UK, just last ramadan our mosque went through a thorough interrogation.

You call it duty and prevention of crime, i call it hate towards islam and wanting to stop the muslims from truelly practising their deen!

Grace Seeker
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
yes as Akil has quite clearly stated, the hatred is from the false images portrayed through media. The american government hates muslims, so blair follows bush in his hate for muslims thus leading to most of the west hating muslims.

Exactly!

What makes you feel that the American government hates Muslims?

It seems that perhaps you hate the American government and have subsequently projected your feelings on to them. Not saying that you actually have, but just saying that your comment raises that as a serious question.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
It seems that perhaps you hate the American government and have subsequently projected your feelings on to them. Not saying that you actually have, but just saying that your comment raises that as a serious question.
the constant back up of israel, the treatment of the mosques, the covering up when muslims are attacked all these factors lead me to feel this way!

Grace Seeker
03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
the constant back up of israel, the treatment of the mosques, the covering up when muslims are attacked all these factors lead me to feel this way!

And do those things lead you to hate the American government?

wilberhum
03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
So supporting Israel means we hate Muslims! Interesting. :skeleton:

I suppose since I don't support illegal immigration, I have Mexicans! :?

Really good logic. da da :raging: :raging: :raging:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
So supporting Israel means we hate Muslims! Interesting. :skeleton:

I suppose since I don't support illegal immigration, I have Mexicans! :?

Really good logic. da da :raging: :raging: :raging:
oh narrow minded one, i gave far more examples then that.

And do those things lead you to hate the American government?
the government yes, the people no!

Theres a lot of people with beautiful open haerts, and for them i wish the best of this world and the hereafter. The best of this world is islam, and the best of the hereafter is heaven :)

wilberhum
03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
That is exactly why I hate the Mexican government. :D

When do you celebrate your 15th birthday? :skeleton:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 08:20 PM
That is exactly why I hate the Mexican government. :D
expand?

what is the mexican government doing?

If the mexican government oppresses your people or religion then isnt it a good reason to hate them :?

wilberhum
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
expand?
I'm being as stupid as you are. It is just that simple.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm being as stupid as you are. It is just that simple.

please take your blind arrogance out of my thread :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 08:27 PM
seriously how blind can you be if you cant see that the most targetted people by the west is muslims.

its amazing...

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2007, 08:28 PM
someone close this thread please.

its going no-where

wilberhum
03-30-2007, 08:33 PM

its going no-where
That is because every open minded person knows that America does not hate Muslims. Some do, but then some hate everything.

Blacks still have it 10 worse than Muslims. But you don't see that because you ONLY care about Muslims. If you start caring for humanity, you will see things differently.

Grace Seeker
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM

its going no-where
If it is going no where, you don't have to participate in it. This thread seeks to engage non-Muslims in discussion about things important to Muslims. That is great. We are here. Do you only want us to listen, and not speak? If so, then do not ask questions of us, nor pretend to speak for us.

In answer to one of your previous questions, No, I actually don't see that the American government hates Muslims. In fact, it might be the American people you wish to hate, not the government. While not all Americans hate Muslims, sadly, there are many who do. They hate them out of fear, prejuidice, and mostly ignorance, but hate is probably a good word for the attitude of some.

On the other hand, I don't think that the American government cares about Muslims one way or another. The American government is pretty much emotionless.

The present administration in leadership of the American government (which is only slightly different than the government itself, but for this thread an important difference) doesn't hate Muslims either. But I think it fears the actions of many who are Muslims and therefore has serious paranoia with respect to all Muslims.

If you check out Bush's speech immediately after 9/11, Bush said, "Islam is a religion of peace." He wasn't merely being politicaly correct, Bush was echoing the words of Yusuf Islam, "Today, I am aghast at the horror of recent events and feel it a duty to speak out. Not only did terrorists hijack planes and destroy lifel they also hijacked the beautiful religion of Islam."

As long as there is conflict in which Americans feel ill-at-ease with regard to their personal safety or their interests around the world, then they will ask their government leaders to do something to make them feel safer. I don't think that our government's leaders always make the right choice in what to do. But what they do is NOT born out of hatred for Muslims. It is born out of fear, paranoia, and a desire to keep their own voting base of support pacified.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.