/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Home Made remedies

extinction
04-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I know there are many cures in Quran and hadith...however this thread is merely for all those shortcut remedies that work....I would like to mention a few I know that pretty much work for me...i.e when I get minor burns from the iron stove lighter etc...I put toothpaste over the burn...and voila in few hours the burn is gone no mark nothing...I'm serious!!!...for those throat aches instead of having chloraseptic or strepsils..I gargle with warm water+salt and there after twice that day I also have warm tea with honey and lemon...also something else that works!! when I have a cold I drink ginger tea...theres quite a few more out there so if anyone knows of some home-made or traditional remedy that they have personally tried or know of feel free to mention them...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
04-13-2006, 06:41 PM
LOL i've never heard of that toothpaste one LOL

1) when you have a cold just get ''vicks'' :p
2) when you got a stomach pain instead of taken tablets there's this white powder thing if anyone knows the name please do tell us :)
3) when you got sore throat just take warm water,and add abit of lemon and a bit of honey or you can blackcurrent medicne that you can get from the chemist for sore throats :)

take care

extinction
04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
LOL i've never heard of that toothpaste one LOL

1) when you have a cold just get ''vicks'' :p
2) when you got a stomach pain instead of taken tablets there's this white powder thing if anyone knows the name please do tell us :)
3) when you got sore throat just take warm water,and add abit of lemon and a bit of honey or you can blackcurrent medicne that you can get from the chemist for sore throats :)

take care
the white powder thing..I think you are referring to alka-selzer?

Kittygyal
04-13-2006, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
the white powder thing..I think you are referring to alka-selzer?

i don't have a clue whats it's called i'll find out for you :)

ok there's alot more that i know i'll try to post them once am free :p

1) when you've got chest pains drink plenty of water and keep something warm near your chest :p
2) when you get these dirty filthy spots get cotton wool and tiny little bit wet it and burn it and then put it on the spot and believe me the next day you wake up it's not there

now i will add some more in abit ok :)

take care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
i don't have a clue whats it's called i'll find out for you :)

ok there's alot more that i know i'll try to post them once am free :p

1) when you've got chest pains drink plenty of water and keep something warm near your chest :p
2) when you get these dirty filthy spots get cotton wool and tiny little bit wet it and burn it and then put it on the spot and believe me the next day you wake up it's not there

now i will add some more in abit ok :)

take care
will wait for more...*sighs*

Kittygyal
04-13-2006, 07:00 PM
will wait for more...*sighs*

ok heres another one

1) when your ear is hurting then go and get a cotton wool and put it in you ear and lay on the side that you ''ear'' is hurting and then it will be fine :p
2) when you heart is burning drink ''cold'' milk or you can go to the chemist and there's heart burning sweets :p

add some more in a bit :)

take care

Kittygyal
04-13-2006, 07:02 PM
also when you have a cold drink green tea (but later on you may need the bin :p)

take care

extinction
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
also when you have a cold drink green tea (but later on you may need the bin :p)

take care
lol....laughs at the idea..I like green tea its nice!!

Kittygyal
04-13-2006, 07:07 PM
lol....laughs at the idea..I like green tea its nice!!

sickning! when i drink ''green tea'' it doesn't even go down that's cause of the dirty smell! :rant:

take care

cleo
04-14-2006, 03:41 AM
sickning! when i drink ''green tea'' it doesn't even go down that's cause of the dirty smell! :rant:

take care
It is awful, I agree....

Umu 'Isa
04-14-2006, 03:50 AM
noo green tea is nice!

ok i hav some
- for coughs drink thyme, hyssop and sage tea
- for fatigue drink fennell and rosemary tea
- for fevers drink sage and peppermint tea
- for indigestion/heart burn drink 1/2 tspn baking soda n 1/2 cup of water together
- for coughs drink honey and lemon together
- for hayfever relief drink 1 tspn fenugreek n 1cup of water

extinction
04-20-2006, 04:10 AM
wow so cool I didnt know alot of these.....

Khadeejah
04-20-2006, 04:15 AM
When you have an ear aches or infection vinegar and water helps

*noor
04-25-2006, 09:21 PM
if you get burned, run to the nearest jar of honey......im serious......just quickly put some right on the burn....it'll give an intense burning sensation at first, but after about a couple of minutes, it feels cool......leave it on from a half hour to however long...depends on how severe your burn is. Believe me, this works, i've tried it before and more than once. And the best thing about it, it doesnt leave a burn mark. Just remember, don't apply water to your burn right after you get burned......go straight for the honey.

we need 2 unite
04-25-2006, 09:29 PM
if you get a cut you should spray perfume, it will sting but it will disinfect it.
and if you get sore lips or coleslaw on your lips put honey

*noor
04-27-2006, 04:42 PM
does anyone know a good remedy for a cold??

extinction
04-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I heard ginger tea helps

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Salam

yes.get hot water (mild),add lemon and drink. or theres honey that you can eat or get satches for flue that works :)

W.salam

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I heard ginger tea helps

Salam,

do you mean ''green tea?''

if thats a yes then green tea is cool but you need the dustbin at the end tho:X

W.salam

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cleo
It is awful, I agree....

Salam,

at then end you need the dustbin:X

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
I heard ginger tea helps

what's ginger tea??

extinction
04-27-2006, 04:47 PM
I dont know which cause alhamdulillah I drink loads of orang juice and hydrate plenty so in a whole year I tend to get a cold only once and it lasts for a day or two and for some reason its always in ramadhan and thats about it

extinction
04-27-2006, 04:47 PM
ginger tea its ginger made with tea as for the recipe I have no idea

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:49 PM
ginger tea its ginger made with tea as for the recipe I have no idea

Salam,

isn't that green tea?:? :rollseyes

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 04:49 PM
I dont know which cause alhamdulillah I drink loads of orang juice and hydrate plenty so in a whole year I tend to get a cold only once and it lasts for a day or two and for some reason its always in ramadhan and thats about it
good.......im going to have some orange juice right now........if it prevents colds, it probably treats them 2.

*noor
04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Salam,

isn't that green tea?:? :rollseyes

W.salam
well, im not a big fan of green tea.

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
good.......im going to have some orange juice right now........if it prevents colds, it probably treats them 2.

Salam,

pure orange juice is good and oranges cause got Vitamin C in :happy:

W.salam

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:51 PM
well, im not a big fan of green tea.

Salam,

same ere cause at the end you need the dustbin or someones lap:giggling: :X

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
lolz!!

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Salam,

have a green leaf or sniff Vicks :p

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
this morning my mom told me to use some vicks but i hate it, having a cold sucks, [MAD]i hate missing school on thursdays[/MAD]

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 04:57 PM
this morning my mom told me to use some vicks but i hate it, having a cold sucks, [MAD]i hate missing school on thursdays[/MAD]

Salam,

aw bless look sis your mum cares about you and listen to her for her sake look think about me i don't have a mum it's 4years and you've got her and she cares about you and you refuse to follw her instructions :offended:

Sis its best to stay home and rest until you get better :)

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Salam,

aw bless look sis your mum cares about you and listen to her for her sake look think about me i don't have a mum it's 4years and you've got her and she cares about you and you refuse to follw her instructions :offended:

Sis its best to stay home and rest until you get better :)

W.salam

yeah ur right about that........ok.........ill use the vicks

inshallah Alah will always be with you and watch over you

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah ur right about that........ok.........ill use the vicks

inshallah Alah will always be with you and watch over you

Salam,

thats true sis :happy:

erm anymore remidies you want:?

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Salam,

thats true sis :happy:

erm anymore remidies you want:?

W.salam

no, its okay.......maybe ill make myself some black seed tea with honey

Jazakum Allah sis :thankyou:

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
no, its okay.......maybe ill make myself some black seed tea with honey

Jazakum Allah sis :thankyou:

Salam,

yep. thats a good idea to have something for your cold also go to the chemist and get satches for flue the definately work cause i take them everywhere i go in me handbag:X

W.salam

extinction
04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
vicks is good although that smell uggh ... your from america...god I really forgot if you can get someone to go to cvs or walgreens tell them to get theraflu it comes in these satchets and omg I must say they are the bomb!! but get the one thats relevant to you like they have some for congestion or for sore throats and of course for the cold and flu...they taste a little bitter but hey close your eyes drink it up and then drink orange juice to get rid of the taste but it really helps........

*noor
04-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Salam,

yep. thats a good idea to have something for your cold also go to the chemist and get satches for flue the definately work cause i take them everywhere i go in me handbag:X

W.salam
by chemist, do you mean pharmacist?

and what are satches??

extinction
04-27-2006, 05:23 PM
yes she mean pharmacists and staches is meant to be satchets but we know them as packets lol

*noor
04-27-2006, 05:25 PM
yes she mean pharmacists and staches is meant to be satchets but we know them as packets lol
ooooooooooohhh.............ok....thanks for the explanation

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 05:30 PM
by chemist, do you mean pharmacist?

and what are satches??

Salam,

erm.. no chemist well thats what it is called where you go and get medicnes and you take prescriptions :p

and satches are powder that you put in water and then drink... its a dissolve thingy :p

W.salam

*noor
04-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Salam,

erm.. no chemist well thats what it is called where you go and get medicnes and you take prescriptions :p

and satches are powder that you put in water and then drink... its a dissolve thingy :p

W.salam
ok.........in the United States we call that pharmacist :)

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 05:43 PM
ok.........in the United States we call that pharmacist :)

Salam,

hmmm.. i give up cause all me cats LOLz call it chemist :)

W.salam

(anymore remidies?)

*noor
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Salam,

hmmm.. i give up cause all me cats LOLz call it chemist :)

W.salam

(anymore remidies?)
no thanks.......Jazakum Allah:thankyou:

Snowflake
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM
what's ginger tea??
It's just grated ginger steeped in hot water for five mins. Drain and drink. It's great if you're feeling nauseous.

here's some more....

*travel sickness.. ginger tea or ginger biscuits

*earache... burn some chopped garlic in olive oil. Allow to cool, then add 2-3 drops in your ear

*toothache.... dab on some clove oil with a cotton bud

*cough... mix honey and black pepper and lick little bit at a time

*home-made mask for dry skin.... mix oats, olive oil and honey to form a paste.. cover face, avoiding eye-area, then wash of with luke-warm water.. lovely softening and exfoliating effect.

NJUSA
04-28-2006, 11:38 PM
for bad scrapes or even small cuts, honey is gentler and more effective than antibiotic creams. Just cover it with a bandage, and don t lick!

*noor
04-28-2006, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
*earache... burn some chopped garlic in olive oil. Allow to cool, then add 2-3 drops in your ear
i dont think i could ever in a million years put garlic in my ear!!!!!:confused:

Snowflake
04-29-2006, 08:11 PM
i dont think i could ever in a million years put garlic in my ear!!!!!:confused:
:giggling: sorry sis, i should've been clearer on that. You don't put the garlic in your ear looool.. just the oil it's been burnt in.

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2006, 08:17 PM
mashallah @ all d contributions :) , id fort i do me bit aswell so eres a remedy :p !!! wen ur ill ye, we all no dat we jus dnt wana b eatin anytin & ders ppl dat r forcin medicines in our mouths, wen dat happens u can mash up d paracetamol & dissolve it in water & drink it!! it still works :) , mmmm hav i jus stated d obvious:embarrass

Snowflake
05-01-2006, 07:59 AM
^lololol..just found that really funny! But I bet it tastes horrible though.. we'd probably need a jalebi or two afterwards bro.

Syed Hussain
05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
ASW
the best cure is whenever u are ill just have PARACETAMOL. its gna go
lol
ASW

Kittygyal
05-01-2006, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Hussain
ASW
the best cure is whenever u are ill just have PARACETAMOL. its gna go
lol
ASW

Salam,

bro just have a co-codomol (hope i spelt it ryt) ;D

W.salam

Sunflower
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
if uve got aches in ur bones like feet hands etc oil and black seed mixed and rub into the skin..it really works. when my sis was younger she had an ear infection that wouldnt go my mum put the black seed and ...voila...it never came back..

i no there is a hadith that the prophet (saw) said that black seed can cure any disease exept death...but i cant remeber who narrted it so if any1 could tell..itd b appreciated...Jazakallah:)

Snowflake
05-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Awww I think the makers of paracetamol should give us Asians a share of their profits. They'd be nothing without us! But I think admitting that would be a bitter pill to swallow. :X :embarrass

extinction
05-01-2006, 10:10 PM
hey people this is so you dont have to take paracetamol if I wanted to know meds I would have stated so and probably gave you all a lesson while i was at it lol...but i wnted to know more home-made alternatives......

*noor
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
use honey for just about anything and everything

*noor
05-01-2006, 10:14 PM
black seed boosts the immune system in general

chacha_jalebi
05-01-2006, 10:27 PM
yup lik RasoolAllah (saw) sed - "black seed has d cure 4 everyfin, apart frm death"

woo hoo black seeds ere i cum :p lol

extinction
05-01-2006, 10:31 PM
shea butter is good for the skin

Snowflake
05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh and if you got dry skin and are out of moisturiser, use vegetable oil. If you got a dry scalp, wash ur hair with yogurt (not the Ski one, only plain). ;D

extinction
05-05-2006, 05:10 AM
yeah I knew about the yoghurt one....

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Zam zam water has a cure for every illness except death. it's the only liquid u drink while standing up facing the Kiblah.
But u hav to firmly believe in Allah's might

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Also read that honey and cardamom added to hot olive oil is good for treating hair loss. Leave 5 to 15 minutes before hair wash

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 06:29 AM
For toothache,cloves are a good analgesic. The strong aroma is soothing.

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 06:32 AM
honey with some bicarbonate powder is effective for soar gums!for eg when u knocked ur toothbrush against ur gums!
Fee amaanillah

extinction
05-05-2006, 06:38 AM
wow thanks nafiisah

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Ok........I've got some traditional Malay Remedies here :)

Eating Onion with some Plain Yoghurt helps to bring on Sleep.

For a sore throat take some Tamarind and mix with water and drink twice daily

For a tootheache take some lemongrass and pound. Then mix it with some warm water and add a little salt. Gargle.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
yup lik RasoolAllah (saw) sed - "black seed has d cure 4 everyfin, apart frm death"

woo hoo black seeds ere i cum :p lol
ye but i heard for black seeds to work u really gotta believe it will... lol

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Eating Onion with some Plain Yoghurt helps to bring on Sleep.

sleep is the brother of death and that mixture sounds DEADLY!!!!! lol

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Edit

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
^ I thought it sounded pretty disgusting my self bro :p but then dont yoghurt and onion go together in biryani? hehehe

Ah well, I was just taking it off from a malay website :D
i hav biryani quite a lot, lol im gnna ask my brother in law how he makes it now!!! :p

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Edit

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 03:56 PM
wow thanks nafiisah
3Afwan

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 03:58 PM
honey and cinnamon is good for stomach ulcers or aches too. In fact honey is a blessing from Allah. Isa(3alaihi salaam) was fed from it along with milk.

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nafiisah
honey and cinnamon is good for stomach ulcers or aches too. In fact honey is a blessing from Allah. Isa(3alaihi salaam) was fed from it along with milk.

salam,

wow sis never knew that one thanks alot but sis Isa(3alaihi salaam):?

w.salam

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, the son of Mariam, Isa(3alaihi salaam) was fed with honey provided in his finger by Allah ta'ala. He sucked milk from his thumb and honey i think from the first finger. His mother used to leave Him to go back to town(please someone confirm) where she lived and he was in the care of the Almighty.
Wa salaam 'alaikum

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 04:37 PM
salam,

ta sis for the explanation really appreciated :)

w.salam

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 05:21 PM
salam,

ta sis for the explanation really appreciated :)

w.salam
Happy that it was of some help.
erm, here's another useful remedy:
warmwater in a "hot water bottle"(made of elastic material which keeps the water hot for some time) soothes pain. For example abdominal pains. It makes the pain wane by.

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 05:23 PM
a clean towel soaked in warm water and used as a comprss is soothing to fatigued eyes

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 05:23 PM
i mean compress,sorry

Snowflake
05-07-2006, 08:32 AM
For a nasty cough, boil a couple of cinnamon sticks in water for five minutes and drink. Even more beneficial if sweetened with honey.

*noor
05-14-2006, 09:40 PM
use toothpaste for acne.

Khadeejah
05-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Tooth paste??? seriously wouldnt that make it worse???

*noor
05-14-2006, 09:46 PM
well, it depends, if u have sensitive skin, u probably shouldnt try it, but if u have oily skin or even normal skin, it really works.

Snowflake
05-16-2006, 07:42 PM
You're right Nurofislam (I nearly wrote Nurofen :( )

Toothpaste dries the spot out. I heard that's how models blast their zits too.

Newayz, I had a stinkin cold recently so I boiled some fennel seeds, cardamom seeds, cinnamon and a couple of cloves in water and drank 3 cups a day. It made a difference straightaway and made me feel like a scientist who's just dicovered a new formula! try it, it really works! :)

ishkabab
05-16-2006, 08:34 PM
heres a 2 remedies for women ....or men...to get rid of Stretch Marks..:
>You can try this homemade recipe: Mix one ounce of carrier oil ( try avocado, sweet almond, jojoba, they are the best ) with seven drops of lavender and five drops of chamomile..and last but not least massage it on to the marks.

>Here is another good recipe:
1/2 cup virgin olive oil.
1/4 cup aloe vera gel.
liquid from 6 capsules of Vitamin E.
liquid from 4 capsules of Vitamin A.
Mix all the ingredients together in a blender. After that pour the mixture into a jar and store it in the fridge. Apply the oil externally all over the places where the stretch marks commonly appear ( abdomen, hips, thighs and chest ). If you do this consistently every day, you may prevent stretch marks.

ishkabab
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
heres a remedy...for FAIR GLOWING SKIN:
) Take a sandalwood stick (chandan) and rub it on a stone with water or rose water to make a thick paste. Apply on the face for 10 – 15 minutes till it becomes dry and then remove. This is to make your skin glowing and fair.

ishkabab
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Some home remedies for acne cure
1.Orange peel pounded well with water. Applied to affected acne areas

2.Cucumber leaves or grated pieces. Apply to area for acne cure.

3.Rub the pimple( acne) with a fresh cut clove of garlic.

4.Drinking atleast 1 litre of water a day to impart a healthy glow to the skin

5.Clove based face mask or a paste of Fenugreek (Methi ) leaves applied overnight on acne and washed off next morning

ishkabab
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
home remedy dandruff cure
aloe vera dandruff cure - with aloe vera gel . About 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair, rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp. leave it on for 10 minutes, and shampoo your hair like you regulary do. if you do this everyday the dandruff will stay away.

Using lime juice to wash hair.

Soak 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning grind into a fine paste. Apply all over scalp and leave for ½ an hour. Wash with mild shampoo.

Ingredients: Olive oil and almond oil
Instructions: Mix the olive oil with the almond oil. Leave it on about 5 min.s after it starts to burn. Rinse well to clear dandruff.

Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and apply the juice of 2 lemons, steam your hair and leave the oil on for about 2 hours. Shampoo with a mild shampoo. Repeat 2-3 times a week.

Boil a handful of neem leaves in 4 teacups of water. After cooling and filtering, use for rinsing hair.

ishkabab
05-16-2006, 08:47 PM
heres something for Asthma treatment:
Express the juice from garlic. Mix 10 – 15 drops in warm water and take internally for asthma relief.

Mix, onion juice ¼ cup, honey 1 tablespoon and black pepper 1/8 tablespoon.

Mix licorice and ginger together. Take ½ tablespoon in 1 cup of water for relief from asthma.

Drink a glass of 2/3 carrot juice, 1/3 spinach juice, 3 times a day .

Add 30-40 leaves of Basil in a liter of water, strain the leaves and drink the water throughout the day effective for asthma.

ishkabab
05-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Use chicken oil for a skin burn and u'll see inshAllah it will be gone without a trace!!!!

*noor
05-17-2006, 01:11 AM
here's something for a glowing complexion- believe me it really works

a teaspoon of plain yogurt
a teaspoon of honey (clover or wildflower)

mix them togehter thoroughly
wash your face with lukewarm water and dry
apply to face using your fingertips
leave on for 20 minutes
do this about 3 times a week
and you wont be sorry
believe me, honey is mentioned in the Quran and it is very beneficial in many ways.
and milk is mentioned in the Quran too, and yogurt is made from milk
so there you have it

P.S. Try not to talk or smile when you have it on to prevent wrinkles because honey is sticky and you should keep your face still when having it on your face.

Snowflake
05-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow ishkabab sis, some good remedies there!

NurofIslam.. I got a bright red spot on the end of my nose two days ago. It looked awful cuz my cheeks were red too lol. So what did I do? yeah, you guessed it I covered it with Colgate and by the next morning my spot had disappeared :D *so happy*

ishkabab
05-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow ishkabab sis, some good remedies there!

NurofIslam.. I got a bright red spot on the end of my nose two days ago. It looked awful cuz my cheeks were red too lol. So what did I do? yeah, you guessed it I covered it with Colgate and by the next morning my spot had disappeared :D *so happy*
JazakAllah

ishkabab
05-17-2006, 01:46 PM
heres something for toothaches.....Home remedy : Ice is excellent in numbing nerve endings. Try to compress the affected area with ice. But if it aggravates the pain, discontinue it.

Toothache needs an emergency treatment. A sharp, throbbing pain is usually irreversible, and the above remedy only relieves the pain, not cure it. Maintaining proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing toothaches. The best way to prevent tooth decay is to brush at least twice a day, preferably after every meal and snack.

ishkabab
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
homemade anti-wrinkle cream for reducing, removing wrinkles

Apply coconut oil on the portions of skin and face where wrinkles set in and gently massage every night at bedtime.

Banana is wonderful as an anti-wrinkle treatment. Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy. Spread all over face and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water followed by a dash of cold. Gently pat dry.

ishkabab
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Remedy for Longer Healthier Hair:
To make gorgeous hair grow longer, oxygen and nutrients should reach the hair follicles, rub coconut oil or sesame oil into the hair, leave it on for an hour, and then wash it with a paste made from methi seeds and gram powder. It leaves the hair clean and glowing. You will have long silken tresses over which you can gloat. Use egg and curd as conditioners.

Snowflake
05-18-2006, 08:41 AM
wowow ishkabab sis, you're gonna make us look gorgeous with all them tips :giggling:

ishkabab
05-22-2006, 09:36 PM
:D
wowow ishkabab sis, you're gonna make us look gorgeous with all them tips :giggling:
:coolsis: :okay:

Nafiisah
05-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Citronelle is good for cough or as a warm beneficial drink. The plant itself is a mosquito repellant
I forgot the exact scientific name for this herb Citronella something...
Its long blade leves have to be boiled or the tender part just above the roots

Nafiisah
05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Mint is good for tummy-ache! So chew some leaves next time and drink some water afterwards. Really refreshing, alhamdulillah!

SistaHH
06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
:sl:

Does anyone know any natural tips to get rid of marks left behind from spots? I heard rubbing lemon makes them fade- has anyone tried this?

Snowflake
06-11-2006, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SistaHH

Does anyone know any natural tips to get rid of marks left behind from spots? I heard rubbing lemon makes them fade- has anyone tried this?

Yes, it's true. Lemon juice has a bleaching effect on hair and skin, so it really does work. It's especially good for facial blemishes, or softening skin on elbows and knees.

If you have dry skin, mix lemon juice with a small amount of single-double cream and apply. Leave for 10 mins, then rinse of with luke warm water. When used on face, you'll be left with a bright glowing complexion.

:w:

SistaHH
06-11-2006, 12:40 PM

Yes, it's true. Lemon juice has a bleaching effect on hair and skin, so it really does work. It's especially good for facial blemishes, or softening skin on elbows and knees.

If you have dry skin, mix lemon juice with a small amount of single-double cream and apply. Leave for 10 mins, then rinse of with luke warm water. When used on face, you'll be left with a bright glowing complexion.

Jazakhallah Khair sis for the tip- I will try it out.

Also does anyone know how to remove dark marks left on feet- I don't wear tight shoes or anything but I have had some marks on the knuckly part of my big toe (if that makes any sense! :statisfie) for ages. It isn't dry or hard skin. Lemon juice again?

Sweet_Boy
06-11-2006, 12:52 PM
SistaHH are you on this forum day and night darn .. you have sooo many posts are some machine ...

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:27 PM
does any1 know a home made remedy 4 colsslaw woteva it is lol dat fin unda ur lips :D cos zovirax dnt work :p

n any1 know how 2 get rid of a flu quickly

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Paki flu? I.e standard cold...well get some warm water squeeze some lemon into it and a spoon of honey and in the evening warm some water put a spoon of vix thin in it and put a towel over yo head and smel it << gd fo blocked noses...and tha ova fin' duno wha u chattin bout so cant giv ma expertise advice *eyes rolly* Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

amirah_87
06-11-2006, 02:31 PM
does any1 know a home made remedy 4 colsslaw woteva it is lol dat fin unda ur lips :D cos zovirax dnt work :p

BLACK SEED AND HONEY TEA..........USUALLY WORKS FOR ME..

OR EATIN' A WHOLE GARLIC..IF I'M REALLY DESPERATE!!!

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Paki flu? I.e standard cold...well get some warm water squeeze some lemon into it and a spoon of honey and in the evening warm some water put a spoon of vix thin in it and put a towel over yo head and smel it << gd fo blocked noses...and tha ova fin' duno wha u chattin bout so cant giv ma expertise advice *eyes rolly* Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

lol @ expertise advice, i can see me knowlegde is rubbin off on2 ppl :D

woh blud i only got a small flu, u told me sum long ting lik im dieing :p

u no colssaw??? d fin @ bottom of lips come on mateys!!! :D

*noor
06-11-2006, 02:36 PM

for a cold sore, you should try toothpaste.....put it on and let it dry and do it again. eventually your cold sore would have disappeared.

to get rid of a flu, have plenty of fluids, rest, and tea with honey. and black seed is good too.

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:37 PM
dats is cold sore lol jazakhallah sista :D

chanks :D

amirah_87
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
for a cold sore, you should try toothpaste.....put it on and let it dry and do it again. eventually your cold sore would have disappeared.

HEY I THOUGH TOOTHPASTE WAS GOOD FOR SPOTS...WOA AND NOW YOU CAN USE IT 4 FLU!!!!!!!!!
WHERE DO YOU PUT IT THOUGH???...ON YOUR NOSE??

*noor
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
dats is cold sore lol jazakhallah sista :D

chanks :D

waiyyaakum brother........try the toothpaste.

*noor
06-11-2006, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
HEY I THOUGH TOOTHPASTE WAS GOOD FOR SPOTS...WOA AND NOW YOU CAN USE IT 4 FLU!!!!!!!!!
WHERE DO YOU PUT IT THOUGH???...ON YOUR NOSE??

not for the actual flu.....for a cold sore to dry it out and then it disappears.

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
but lol wont we jus end up lickin d toothpaste off :D

toothpaste tastes nice u no :p

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
lol @ expertise advice, i can see me knowlegde is rubbin off on2 ppl :D

woh blud i only got a small flu, u told me sum long ting lik im dieing :p

u no colssaw??? d fin @ bottom of lips come on mateys!!! :D
:rollseyes Dun flatta yoself breda...
Yuh that was ma hidden agenda, ta kill u wit ma 'expertise advice' muhahahahahaha...Nah cuzin dat works try it enit, Me gots cold n it helps bare...U aint got a flu btw u gotz a cold...ders a diff...flu lasts tymmm n u cant blumin get up...yo a paki so tis normal fo u 2 get it mixed up :rollseyes
Well laaaa dee daa...Mr doctor saab fankz fo that :D...Thas gonna help meh in lyf to no that lol..Now find meh a cure enit! Pshhhh
Peace x

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:42 PM
jus chew airwaves and eat dem nice sweeties d peach 1s mmmmm, dat is a easy cure sista :D

see im helpin :D

amirah_87
06-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Chicken Soup Is The Best For Flu!!!!!!!!

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Airwaves are heaviiiii specialli the cherry ones buh wah sweetis you talkin bout?? ...must go purchase them str8 away...muahahahaha... Yo not helpin, yo just teln meh the firs thin dat cums on yo mind lol.....Wahz gd fo a stomach ache btw??? Peace x

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:46 PM
7up!! or lemon n water is heavy 4 a upset stomach!! or jus go toilet :p

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 02:48 PM
LOOOL!...7UP?? WDH!...FWEEK!!...lol@ de las coment ...nah sum1 tat can give sum serious advice inshAllah..if i go by wit this bwoy i prolly get a disease :X...lol...Peace x

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:51 PM
LOOOL!...7UP?? WDH!...FWEEK!!...lol@ de las coment ...nah sum1 tat can give sum serious advice inshAllah..if i go by wit this bwoy i prolly get a disease :X...lol...Peace x
:ooh: disease, sista my cures r new on d market & we need a volunteer :D hint hint,

naa jus drink dat eno thin, or lemon water is good, inshallah ya will be kool, but 7up is also heavy!!! or a hot water bottle alwyz does d trick, if it aint got any holes in it :p

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Lol, your misunderstood yano dat? lol...Chears big earz imma try that inshAlllah...new on the market pshhhh...more like the freshy they dumped on the side :X lol...
Fanks tho willl try it Peace x

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:59 PM
how me mis understood??

also any1 know any home made remedies for muscle stretches cos if i go gym or play footy or cricket :D me arms muslces kills, so r der anythin?? i use sum spray but dat smells lol so any home made thins??

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Lol, u got sum freeky characteristics :P hehe...Oh for muscle pains, massage joint with oil :) Peace x

amirah_87
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Any One Know A Good Way Of Killin' Nits...................lol

MIND YOU DON'T HAVE ANY

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Use that ointment that docs give you *eyes rolly*...speaking from no experiance wahsoeva muhahaha...nah they do i fink and in chemists they have that lil comb thing?? ...meh confuzled hehe...makes meh feel good given medical advice though lol...Peace x

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Lol, u got sum freeky characteristics

its called uniqueness :p

but d only oil i use is black seed n dat smells lol hai hai, a easy way dat i do 4 pains r jus put hand ova hurtin part n say bismillah!! :D

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 03:06 PM
lol by a hair knit comb!! i remember in our primary skool & everyone went pakistan in d summer hols & by christmas nex year our skool in the weekly newsletter gave out FREE knit hair combs!! and in the newsletter it sed we dont know where they the knits have come from, HAHAHAHA :p

but yesh sista knit combs r best!!!

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Breda ery1 entitled to being unique buh u 2222 unique lol....
Yuh blak seed smells buh parently lota gdness in it?...I would just use standard massage oil and rub it in where the pain is and do warmups befo u play :) Peace x

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 03:08 PM
:D C meh always ryt muahhahahaha lol Peace out x

Snowflake
06-12-2006, 08:44 AM

What a coincidence! Just yesterday I read that Liquorice balm can help cold sores. It's also shown to reduce the occurence of cold sores as well as the severity of an outbreak.

Liquorice balm is available from www.skinshop.co.uk. Use daily for two weeks to see the best results.

I don't think you have flu. Probably a cold. Over-dose on vitamin C. Trust me it really kills colds and flu. And don't worry about over-dosing as ur body will get rid of excess. Take 3-4, one-a-day pills everyday and watch the difference inshaAllah.

There's also a chinese remedy for colds/flu on this forum somewhere, I will try to find it inshaAllah.

chacha_jalebi
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
liquorice:heated: is nasty, even though it dnt have gelatine in it, it mite aswell :p

but jazakhallah for info sista :D

Snowflake
06-13-2006, 09:53 AM
liquorice:heated: is nasty, even though it dnt have gelatine in it, it mite aswell :p

but jazakhallah for info sista :D
LOl, I didn't say eat it! Feed it to the cold sore. There are other things you can do, but I will get back to ya with them inshaAllah.

To the person who wanted to know how to get rid of nits.

Use tea-tree oil in your hair (follow instructions) and not only will it kill the nits but also prevent them from coming back again. They just simply hate the smell.

jameelash
06-13-2006, 10:34 AM
salam-for muscle pain give cold water bath .ie u may keep a bottle water in the fridge and in need roll it where it hurts.some use hotwater.I prefer cold.paracetamol tabs helps.

amirah_87
06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
lol by a hair knit comb!! i remember in our primary skool & everyone went pakistan in d summer hols & by christmas nex year our skool in the weekly newsletter gave out FREE knit hair combs!! and in the newsletter it sed we dont know where they the knits have come from, HAHAHAHA :p

but yesh sista knit combs r best!!!
I KNOW WOT YOU MEAN!!!!!!!...I GOT NITS LIKE EVERY SUMMER WHEN I WAS IN PRIMARY!!...OUR SCHOOL GOT SOO BAD THEY STARTED TO ACTUALLY GET AN INSPECTER TO GO ROUND AND CHECK THE PUPILS HEAD!!!;D ;D

Mawaddah
06-13-2006, 06:22 PM
^ Hey Princess!! Why dont you just do the Yemeni Method of killing nits :

Soak yer head in Kerosene oil!!! ;D ;D just make sure you dont get close to any open flames for a loooooong time after that :lol:

Oh My God........do you remember the nits those children used to have? :X

amirah_87
06-17-2006, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

Soak yer head in Kerosene oil!!! ;D ;D just make sure you dont get close to any open flames for a loooooong time after that :lol:

dont' even go there....of course i remember Maw'!!!!.......disgustin'!!!!! u shuold've seen this family who live in the same area as abu zaynab in sana'ah.....
the children were crwalin' with nits...actually the nits were crawlin' all over the children!!.....it was sooo disgustin' Maw!!!...it looked like the children had dandruff.......or they were going grey!!!..that's how much was in their heads!!
my khala tried to help them clean it out ..but she said they ruled the whole head!!!...when she would open one side ........they would all scatter to the other........LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Mawaddah
06-18-2006, 11:08 PM
^ Oh Subhanallah........I really wanted to heave up my dinner reading that, YUCK. Poor little kiddies, you know, I knew a British family in Yemen like that too :D it's sick.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-19-2006, 01:45 AM

Excuse me, can you tell me what is nits? Do U mean its a little animal whos walking around your head and make your head itchy? :?

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 10:51 AM
^ Yes bro, that's exactly what it is, I think the Malays call it kutu or something like that, and actually the proper term for it in English is 'headlice'

Asyur an-Nagi
06-19-2006, 11:56 AM

when i visited the holy city of madina, one of it's citizen told me three remedies included in hadits:
1.dates (to substitute energy loss and an excellent source for fibers)
2.black fennel oil (for years ago i did my thesis on this and they contained excellent antiinflamation substances)
3.bekam/ ar bekum or what (i dunno what was that??somebody could tell me?)

shukran

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
^ bekam is the sunnah of cupping. In other words 'hijamah'. I know someone who does it regularly, and I've thought of doing it also, In fact I REALLY want to do it,.....but it gives me the creeps so bad. But it's really good and it gets rid of all the bad blood and all of that.

06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I've heard of cupping but what exactly is it? :?

------
06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeh same here I don't know exactly....

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I have this VCD thingy which shows how it's done but I just cant bring myself to look at it......:(

But heres a little description about it :
Cupping is a method of treatment in which a jar is attached to the skin surface to cause local congestion through the negative pressure created. An incision lightly made to allow the congested blood to ooze out. This type of treatment has been practised by the chinese and the Arabs for thousand of years.Cupping is a therapeutic process of removing this unclean blood from the body . It is a form of medical treatment which has been recommended by Shariah.

In Malay this practice is known as 'BEKAM' and in Arabic it is called 'AL-HIJAMAH' while in China 'gua-sha'. In Arabic this method of therapy was popularised by our Prophet Muhammad(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) as stated in many Hadith

http://members.tripod.com/maseeh1/advices7/id108.htm

06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanx sis, i finally get it:statisfie . I'd be way to creeped to ever get it done though:rollseyes

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
^ I knowwwwww I even get freaked out if I have to get an injection, and this sounds way too creepy for me.....however it's sunnah.....maybe I'll give it a try.... after a long long time :D

amirah_87
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
OH HIJAAMAH!!...oh dear god...that's soo disgusting!!...i faint @ the sight of a needle!!...women don't need to get it done as much as men...cause our dirty blood ends up ..you know where!!

Dhulqarnaeen
06-20-2006, 02:06 AM
I have this VCD thingy which shows how it's done but I just cant bring myself to look at it......:(

Cupping is a method of treatment in which a jar is attached to the skin surface to cause local congestion through the negative pressure created. An incision lightly made to allow the congested blood to ooze out. This type of treatment has been practised by the chinese and the Arabs for thousand of years.Cupping is a therapeutic process of removing this unclean blood from the body . It is a form of medical treatment which has been recommended by Shariah.

In Malay this practice is known as 'BEKAM' and in Arabic it is called 'AL-HIJAMAH' while in China 'gua-sha'. In Arabic this method of therapy was popularised by our Prophet Muhammad(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) as stated in many Hadith

Addition:
Al Hijamah is a method of healling that was done by Rasulullah. Rasulullah did hijamah to get the poison out when he was poisoned by the jews woman. This method at first was commanded by Jibreel while Rasulullah had his Isra wal mi'raj. In Rasulullahs time it was done by using a horn of animal. But nowadays they have made the complete tools, using many jars in different sizes. And it have its own tools to suck the blood.

The ruling
The ruling in hijamah is we may not eat about 4 or 5 hours before hijamah, and may not jima' between husband and wife a night before doing hijamah. May not have low blood pressure, cause will cause someone get feint. And it have many certain point in the body according to the sickness, so someone best who may do hijamah is someone who is capable enough and have knowledge in hadith which concern about hijamah and also have knowledges of health scientific. And hadith have explained that hijamah can cure all diseases, and the best point to do this is on the top of our head called "Ummul mughits". Its so great for someone who have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, miraine and all disease. I always hijamah once a month and I took blood on the top of my head and the blood so black, and someone times theres no red at all. Completely black, its a sign that I have this cholesterol problem inside my body.
BAsically we can do hijamah whenever we feel sick, but theres hadith that forbid we do hijamah on wednesday cause it can cause leprosy, so if someone who do hijamah ( I mean the tabib) dont know much about hadith concern hijamah, then they will cup the wrong places in the body or they wont know that we may not do hijamah on wednesday, and for some cases its so dangerous cause its concern health.
And according sunnah, its so good to do hijamah on dates 17,19,21 on hijriyah month, hadith said about it. (I cant quote the hadith cause I dont remember exactly the words but its said like this) And the scientist proved Rasulullah said that its good to do hijamah on these datesbecause the moon on its highest altitude and in this kinda time the blood circulation is also higher so we can do hijamah effectifely.

Experiences of someone who ever do hijamah.
1. Theres someone who ever got heart attack. And then he became paralized. Some part of his body cant work. And then he did hijamah, and not for long he could walk normally again and now I heard he can rde his motorcycle back.
2. I have a book shop. And I always make hijamah twice a month in here. So someday there was a man who ever had heart attack and it cause his left arm freeze and he couldnt raise his left arms up. So he did hijamah, and right after did hijamah he tried to raise his left arm, and step by step about an hour after hijamah he could raise his arm completely, walhamdulillah. He was soooooo gladand he holded the tabib. (The tabib is my teacher and also friend of mine walhamdulillah)
3. Theres a man who had problems with sexual acticity. And after do hijamah his problem is solved.
4. Some Palestinian told my bro in law. Once he had some sickness, and he checked it to the DR. And the DR said that he had cancer and it had spreaded to all over the place of his body. And he said that he wouldnt life any longer after that. And he said "Only Allah who can decide how long I will life". And then he went to Saudi to make Hajj. HE did hijamah, drink zam zam, and tok habbas saudahand other Islamic medicines. And after that he came to the DR again to have his cancer checked. And the DR was so surprised and told him " Its not your body!!! How can the cancer cells gone, what did you do?".
And many others experiences which proves that hijamah is so great, and so eeffectife healing diseases and cause no side-effects, but have to be done with the expert. EEEEEEeeeverything mst be based with knowledge, and in this hijamah case, it must be done by someone who also understand about hadith which concern hijamah. And its sunnah of Islam, and not chinese and all. Cause Rasulullah is the first man who explained about hijamah. Maybe the chinese got it when Islam ever came to their country long ago, Allahu A'lam.

And also we have habbas saudah that Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam said " in Habbas saudah theres a cure of every sickness except death". And also we have honey beey in Islam, zam-zam, water of the rain, fasting and all. I hope this post manfaat and can encourage people to do sunnah healing. Believe me, I have seen many people have better progress with their sickness by doing hijamah, masha Allah :brother: . So Do it, and dont be scared cause its really not that paintfull. Just like an ant bite ;D. And more blood come out is better I think. I always feel satisfied if theres more blood come out of me :) . Ooh and the best tools to do hijamah is not a needle, more effectife with the razor cause will be more blood can come out so hijamah can be done effectifely :brother: .

SistaHH
06-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Jazakhallah Khair for the info on Al Hijamah. I had never actually even heard of it before.

Asyur an-Nagi
06-21-2006, 06:51 AM

aaah..got it! in Indonesia they call it tanggik and instead of cup, they use buffalo's horn to perform the medication. it use to be some traditional rites in east indonesian archipelagos. thanks for da info:)

Dhulqarnaeen
06-30-2006, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi

aaah..got it! in Indonesia they call it tanggik and instead of cup, they use buffalo's horn to perform the medication. it use to be some traditional rites in east indonesian archipelagos. thanks for da info:)
Bro...you make Indonesia sounded really ancient :rant: but its fnny to ;D . But thats not right, I always hijamah once a moth, and we always use the cup and the injection, its a modern way. If you dont have it yet, please contact me, I will send you the good one ;D . Leave the horn and let those poor animal alone, they also need the hornU know :uhwhat ;D

Asyur an-Nagi
06-30-2006, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
Bro...you make Indonesia sounded really ancient :rant: but its fnny to ;D . But thats not right, I always hijamah once a moth, and we always use the cup and the injection, its a modern way. If you dont have it yet, please contact me, I will send you the good one ;D . Leave the horn and let those poor animal alone, they also need the hornU know :uhwhat ;D
well, i made indonesia sound exotic:) i didn't leave the buffalo hornless, though:happy: yeah, send me the cup (but a cup of peppermint tea would be preferable);D

shanu
07-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Salam
it would be much better if we have those remedies from The Quran and the Sunnah...does anyone have the book of medicine of the prophet mohammed Pbuh ::D>>?pls share wid us

sweetbanana86
07-05-2006, 02:08 AM
When you have chicken poxs, soak yourself in a bath of oatmeal, it's very good but also messy,

and for dry hair trying mixing honey and water and add to your head while shampooing

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Is there any home remedies your family uses or you know of? I don't know if all of them work but there are some good ones. One that most people might be familiar with is gargling warm water mixed with salt.

There are quite a few that my family use but I don't know they are made, 'kava' and 'chawani'...I think Muslimah_sis might know what i'm talking about, anyway lets hear some home remedies that you know of.

Kittygyal
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
salamualikum.
there was already a thread similer to this one :X

anywho erm nah not really me nan used to do alot of home remides.
Ma'assalama

Al-Zaara
01-30-2007, 08:38 AM
*Threads merged*

I'd love to see more remedies, if people have any. :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.