/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel swears in first Muslim cabinet minister

abdmez
01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
JERUSALEM (Reuters) -Israel's first Muslim cabinet minister was sworn in by parliament on Monday after a weeks-long battle over his nomination that drew fire from far-right parties as well as Arab lawmakers.

The parliamentary confirmation was expected after Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's cabinet voted on Sunday to make Galeb Magadla of Israel's Labour party a minister without portfolio.

"I am certain that minister Galeb Magadla will be a place to turn to help deal with the gaps between the Arab and Jewish sectors," said Defense Minister and Labour party leader Amir Peretz.

Arabs make up about 20 percent of Israel's population and have long complained of being treated like second-class citizens and about a paucity of government funds for their towns and villages.

"The first step has been taken and this has given Israeli Arabs a feeling of belonging," Magadla told Army Radio on Sunday.

But several Muslim lawmakers spoke out against his nomination, saying Magadla would only represent his party's ideology and not the entire Arab population.

Others said he was joining a government that was not interested in making peace with its Arab neighbors.

Israeli officials have denied any policy of discrimination against the country's Arab citizens, saying they enjoyed more political freedom in Israel than in anywhere in the Muslim world and had a strong representation in parliament.

Magadla was nominated by the Labour Party for a ministerial post after one of its members quit the cabinet in protest at the addition of the ultranationalist Yisrael Beitenu faction to Olmert's coalition government in October.

Israeli media said Strategic Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman of Yisrael Beitenu was the only cabinet member to vote against the appointment.

In 2001, an Israeli Druze became the first non-Jewish member of the cabinet, serving as a minister without portfolio.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070129/...el_minister_dc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
01-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Salaam,

As i have always siad before,using brother against brother.

I would believe in the future the Isrealis will say,see this muslim minister approved the action..

And thus by defaut makes all Muslim Isrealis in cohoot with murders.

It is the same ploy used ,to use their own people againt them..

It is time we learn and do the same,,,
Human weakness would do that,but Inshallah muslim will remain true to Allah

Dawud_uk
01-30-2007, 04:01 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

Allah will deal with this renegade in the next life unless he repents, but he has certainly committed clear acts of apostasy and should be warned, if warnings are not accepted then action should be taken against him in this life also.

Assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Keltoi
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

Allah will deal with this renegade in the next life unless he repents, but he has certainly committed clear acts of apostasy and should be warned, if warnings are not accepted then action should be taken against him in this life also.

Assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
This man is an Israeli citizen. He is no more a "renegade" for achieving a politcal position in his own country than Olmert is for being president.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rav
01-30-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

As i have always siad before,using brother against brother.

I would believe in the future the Isrealis will say,see this muslim minister approved the action..

And thus by defaut makes all Muslim Isrealis in cohoot with murders.

It is the same ploy used ,to use their own people againt them..

It is time we learn and do the same,,,
Human weakness would do that,but Inshallah muslim will remain true to Allah
No it is more of a "see, we Jews have no problem electing Muslims".

action should be taken against him in this life also.
Does your solution always deal with loss of life? Is your existance that sad? I am guessing so.

Trumble
01-30-2007, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdmez
But several Muslim lawmakers spoke out against his nomination, saying Magadla would only represent his party's ideology and not the entire Arab population.
I would have thought that was to be welcomed if it was true, although the political balance in Israel suggests it is not. Politicians generally only represent their party's ideology (except perhaps in helping their particular constituents) ... that is why they are elected. That ideology in this case, incidently, is generally far more favourable to the Palestinians than that of the major alternatives in Israel.

- Qatada -
01-30-2007, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rav
No it is more of a "see, we Jews have no problem electing Muslims".
No, we as muslims submit to the law of Allaah. Hence we shouldn't really be governing by any other law anyway. Hence what the guy is doing may not be the right thing to do.

Does your solution always deal with loss of life? Is your existance that sad? I am guessing so.

We don't have an islamic state so we don't apply no punishment on him.

rav
01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
No, we as muslims submit to the law of Allaah. Hence we shouldn't really be governing by any other law anyway. Hence what the guy is doing may not be the right thing to do
Yet out of about all the majority Muslim countries on this earth, how many are run by Shariah law? Are these nations not just as at fault. Israel gives all the freedoms to its Arab citizens they need to follow every law. The lack of pork and the following of a strict diatary code in Israel by many resturaunts similar to Islams diet makes it better than half of the countries Muslims reside in today anyway.

- Qatada -
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rav
Yet out of about all the majority Muslim countries on this earth, how many are run by Shariah law? Are these nations not just as at fault. Israel gives all the freedoms to its Arab citizens they need to follow every law. The lack of pork and the following of a strict diatary code in Israel by many resturaunts similar to Islams diet makes it better than half of the countries Muslims reside in today anyway.

We don't have an islamic state i agree, no country in the world fully applies the islamic law. That's one of the reasons why we're in the situation we are in today. Even if we don't have an islamic law, we still shouldn't accept the laws of someone else over the law of Allaah.

Peace.

lavikor201
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
We don't have an islamic state i agree, no country in the world fully applies the islamic law. That's one of the reasons why we're in the situation we are in today. Even if we don't have an islamic law, we still shouldn't accept the laws of someone else over the law of Allaah.

Peace.
Who says he is accepting the laws of someone else other than our religion by being minister?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Because he'll be using laws that aren't the Laws of Allah, make sense?
Btw, I'm just clarifying what bro Fi said.

lavikor201
01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Because he'll be using laws that aren't the Laws of Allah, make sense?
Btw, I'm just clarifying what bro Fi said.
The laws do not contradict what his laws are. I do not believe there to be one law Israel has that forces Muslims to violate the Quran.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Dont tell me, I'm just clarifying what the bro said. I dont know much to say nething.

lavikor201
01-30-2007, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Dont tell me, I'm just clarifying what the bro said. I dont know much to say nething.
I must say, that I am sorry if I come off as weird but your post is actually very beautiful in my eyes. When someone does not know something they often do not have the courage to say they do not know and wait for someone with more knowledge. The admitting that you do not know of something is a great quality to have and I hope to be able to mirror your amazing character by admitting more often that I do not have an answer and I am not smart enough to know.

Thank you and Peace.

Zulkiflim
01-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Salaam,

As i have always siad,the Islamic law..

Muslim do not kill muslims..

So warmogners always try to blur the line by cusing proxies to fight their war.

Many Judaist or ISrealis come here and say look ,we have muslim minster or muslims in parliment,,,as if that makes the murdr and genocide and holocasut of the palestinan right.

But when muslim read this when we see that msulim are in a goverment that throw bombs and murder children,it splits us more.

And with this action the Isrealis,will and are going to do more EVIL.

And when they do this,they will say A MUSLIM MINISTER SUPPORT THIS..

lavikor201
01-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Salaam,

As i have always siad,the Islamic law..

Muslim do not kill muslims..

So warmogners always try to blur the line by cusing proxies to fight their war.

Many Judaist or ISrealis come here and say look ,we have muslim minster or muslims in parliment,,,as if that makes the murdr and genocide and holocasut of the palestinan right.

But when muslim read this when we see that msulim are in a goverment that throw bombs and murder children,it splits us more.

And with this action the Isrealis,will and are going to do more EVIL.

And when they do this,they will say A MUSLIM MINISTER SUPPORT THIS..
Well that is your tainted view.

Zulkiflim
01-31-2007, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Well that is your tainted view.
Salaam,

OF course i wish for the best that the ISrealis will listen to reason and given up the lands they have taken by force and allow back the Palestinain their restitution for becoming exiled in their own land.

Of course i would like justice for both sides and for all murderer,govermental officers of lone murerers to be tried by a just court.

So we shall see...

Look at Lebanon,a western dictated Prime Minister weeps and begs for the bombing to end,,,,,his hands tied,,he ask of those who armed their enemy.

while Hezbollah fight the war and won the war and the heart of Lebanese.

So as i said Brother against brother.

snakelegs
01-31-2007, 07:07 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

Assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
dawud,
excuse me, but who are you to be passing judgment on this man?
if you had a chance, would you "take action against him in this life"?

Dawud_uk
01-31-2007, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
dawud,
excuse me, but who are you to be passing judgment on this man?
if you had a chance, would you "take action against him in this life"?
it is not my judgement for the judgement of Allah, the one committing an act of apostasy is warned publically and if they refuse to accept this then they are executed.

i would not do so if he came to the uk as we should behave in accordance with the agreements we have made in agreeing to live here according to the laws of the land here,

but if such a man came to the uk and one of the leaders of the jihad sent a man to kill him either here or in israel then such an act would be fully legitimate but not for us to carry out the act here.

Abu Abdullah

abubakr rishel
01-31-2007, 04:58 PM
abu abdullah who gave you the right to call this man a kafr? are you a qadi? or at least an alim? by what evidence do you have to say this man is a kafr and that it is ok if he is assainated? it is true he is doing nothing to help this ummah or the palistinians as this was not the way of our prophet salallahu alahi wa salam, this is not your job to call a man a kafr, fear Allah, if you are wrong about him than the tille of kafr goes to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S_87
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
:sl:

traitor!

Keltoi
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

traitor!
:thumbs_do

cihad
01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
jeeps! lets not start a war on the web now!!

lavikor201
01-31-2007, 07:10 PM

traitor!
Oh so, at first it is, israel is terrible Israel doesn't have any Muslim minister. Now it is "Traitor" only a bad muslim joins Israel.

Your seriously confused and should really straighten up.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Can we just let people say what they think without backfiring.

S_87
01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh so, at first it is, israel is terrible Israel doesn't have any Muslim minister. Now it is "Traitor" only a bad muslim joins Israel.

Your seriously confused and should really straighten up.

ahem no one in their right mind called israel terrible for not having a muslim minister because NO muslim in their right mind would support such a illegal terrorist opressive state.
im confused? ha! its that minister thats confused. lets not go down the road of good/bad muslim. no muslim joins israel

And if any amongst you takes them (as friends), then surely, he is one of them
5:51

lavikor201
01-31-2007, 07:19 PM
ahem no one in their right mind called israel terrible for not having a muslim minister because NO muslim in their right mind would support such a illegal terrorist opressive state.
im confused? ha! its that minister thats confused. lets not go down the road of good/bad muslim. no muslim joins israel
Israel is a democracy. Plenty of Muslims live in it and enjoy more rights then they would in opressive Arab countries. Your Arab propaganda has brainwashed you. We have a Muslim Israeli/Palestinian on this board. Ask him.

S_87
01-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Israel is a democracy. Plenty of Muslims live in it and enjoy more rights then they would in opressive Arab countries. Your Arab propaganda has brainwashed you. We have a Muslim Israeli/Palestinian on this board. Ask him.
what 'arab propaganda' do you refer to. please do tell me

Fishman
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
What's better for Palestine, an all-Jewish government or one that has at least one Muslim (who probably feels some sympathy for the Palestinians) making desicions?
:w:

lavikor201
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
what 'arab propaganda' do you refer to. please do tell me
The kind that gives you only one side of the story.

Keltoi
01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
I just find this odd. I've read posts in here slamming Israel for not having any Muslim or Palestinian representation on the government. Now that a Muslim has achieved high office in Israel people are denouncing him and calling him a traitor. Seems like some want to hate Israel regardless of the situation.

Agnostic
01-31-2007, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I just find this odd. I've read posts in here slamming Israel for not having any Muslim or Palestinian representation on the government. Now that a Muslim has achieved high office in Israel people are denouncing him and calling him a traitor. Seems like some want to hate Israel regardless of the situation.
Agree
It kind reminds me of the post about the Dublin Imam who spoke out against violence, many called him "unIslamic" or a "kufar"

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Maybe the world affairs section should be banned :X

snakelegs
01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
it is not my judgement for the judgement of Allah, the one committing an act of apostasy is warned publically and if they refuse to accept this then they are executed.

i would not do so if he came to the uk as we should behave in accordance with the agreements we have made in agreeing to live here according to the laws of the land here,

but if such a man came to the uk and one of the leaders of the jihad sent a man to kill him either here or in israel then such an act would be fully legitimate but not for us to carry out the act here.

Abu Abdullah
do you think it is right to call this man an apostate (an extremely serious charge)? you think what he is doing is wrong, that he is being an "uncle tom" etc etc and maybe you're right, but can you see into his heart and proclaim him an apostate???
has he denounced islam? taken a partner to god? announced that he has stopped praying etc etc?
do you think it's right for muslims to go around making takfir whenever they are angry about something another muslim has done?
again, who are you??
mind you i am not defending this man's actions - i know nothing about him other than what was in the article - i have no opinion one way or the other. his appointment probably means nothing, anymore than having a black woman secretary of state in the u.s. means anything. i don't know what's in his heart any more than you do.

snakelegs
01-31-2007, 09:55 PM

traitor!
as a contrast to dawud declaring the man an apostate, i see nothing wrong at all with someone considering him a traitor.

north_malaysian
02-01-2007, 06:06 AM
In 2001, an Israeli Druze became the first non-Jewish member of the cabinet, serving as a minister without portfolio.
Druzes are Muslims, thus this new fella is the second Muslim cabinet minister in Israel...

abubakr rishel
02-01-2007, 07:20 AM
arnt the druuz a form of extream shia, dont they belive ali is allah?

snakelegs
02-01-2007, 07:47 AM
"The Druze or Druz (also known as Druse; Arabic: derzī or durzī درزي, pl. durūz دروز, Hebrew: דרוזים‎, Druzim) are a distinct religious community based mostly in the Middle East who are an offshoot of Islam and influenced by other religions and philosophies, including Greek philosophy. The Druze consider themselves theologically as "an Islamic Unist, reformatory sect",[1] although they are not considered Muslims by most Muslims in the region[citation needed]. The Druze call themselves The People of Monotheism or Muwahhidūn ("Monotheists"). The origin of the name Druze is traced to Nashtakin ad-Darazi, one of the first preachers of the religion."

for more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze

Dawud_uk
02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
do you think it is right to call this man an apostate (an extremely serious charge)? you think what he is doing is wrong, that he is being an "uncle tom" etc etc and maybe you're right, but can you see into his heart and proclaim him an apostate???
has he denounced islam? taken a partner to god? announced that he has stopped praying etc etc?
do you think it's right for muslims to go around making takfir whenever they are angry about something another muslim has done?
again, who are you??
mind you i am not defending this man's actions - i know nothing about him other than what was in the article - i have no opinion one way or the other. his appointment probably means nothing, anymore than having a black woman secretary of state in the u.s. means anything. i don't know what's in his heart any more than you do.
assalaamu alaykum,

the rulings of the scholars are clear, ruling by other than the rule of Allah is kufr, siding with the kuffar during war is kufr, you take the jews or christians as your protectors then you are amongst them.

clearly this man has done so many acts of apostasy, true he might secretly have a gun to his back we dont know about but i cannot think of any other excuse for him but this.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Dawud_uk
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Druzes are Muslims, thus this new fella is the second Muslim cabinet minister in Israel...
assalaamu alaykum north malaysian,

why do you continue with these untruths? the druze are kaffirs and as a kaffir sect should be dealt with as such and we should be open in calling them such to warn others from following their disbelief.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Dawud_uk
02-01-2007, 09:58 AM
i find it strange that people who believe Allah can reincarnate in Ali (ra) and other shi'a imams are muslims?

they are kaffirs, they should be treated as such.

Assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

abubakr rishel
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
abu abdullah, please refrain from saying so and so is a kafr. that is not your job evan if theire aqeedah is kufr, this is for the ulema because make takfir on somebody that says la ilaha ilallah require that they have knowledge of their kufr and then they deny it. it is ok to say this aqeedah is kufr or believing the kafr law is better than shariah is kufr but do not say so and so is a kafr.

Goku
02-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm glad a Muslim got elected into Israeli parliament. They need more Muslim representitives, maybe that way peace can really become a reality between Palestine and Israel.

FBI
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
I'm glad a Muslim got elected into Israeli parliament. They need more Muslim representitives, maybe that way peace can really become a reality between Palestine and Israel.
Your gonna need all 8 dragonballs before that happens.

Skillganon
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Even if Israel swears in it's first Dog, it still does not make a difference.

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Even if Israel swears in it's first Dog, it still does not make a difference.
lol :D I think they've got some female dogs in their goverment.

Goku
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
Your gonna need all 8 dragonballs before that happens.
You mean all 7 Dragonballs :D

However i can see why, its important for Israel to withdraw from occupied territories captured in the 1967 war and stop kicking Palestinians out their home to make room for Jewish "settlers." I feel for the Palestinian people and do pray for Peace Insha'Allah. Which can be achieved with a 2 state solution, Israel in the 1948 borders and the rest Palestine, Insha'Allah.

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:09 PM

You mean all 7 Dragonballs
I could've sworn they were 8 oh well.

Goku
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

I could've sworn they were 8 oh well.
Definately 7.

Zulkiflim
02-02-2007, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

Salaam,

Are druzes muslim?

Hmm,,the only thinng i know is that druzes are a nomadic tribe and work in the IDF...

Did you know that a Druze unsure muslim or not,was made a guinui pig for akilling a palestinian child,he did kill her,but the upper authorities deny giving the order..

A druze,,,

IzakHalevas
02-02-2007, 01:45 AM
You sound very educated. :rolleyes:

Zulkiflim
02-02-2007, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
You sound very educated. :rolleyes:
Salaam,

Why thank you LOLOL...:muddlehea

Anyway check out these link and do contradict me if it wrong..

I live for understanding..dont you..

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/il_druze.html

Above is an image of a Druze flag in Jerusalem University...

About Druze

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive...%20in%20Israel

[PIE]The Druze religion has no ceremonies or rituals, and no obligation to perform precepts in public. The main tenets that obligate all Druze, both uqqal and juhal, are:
Speaking the truth (instead of prayer)
Supporting your brethren (instead of charity)
Abandoning the old creeds (instead of fasting)
Purification from heresy (instead of pilgrimage)
Accepting the unity of God
Submitting to the will of God (instead of holy war)

The uqqal are bound by more precepts than the juhal. Their external appearance is also different: the men have a shaven head covered by a white turban, a mustache and a beard; the women wear a white head scarf, called a naqab. The most pious among the women hide all their hair under a separate covering, the iraqiyah, which is fastened around the head underneath the white scarf.

Druze are forbidden to eat pork, smoke, or drink alcohol.[/PIE]

Another link

http://www.jcpa.org/jl/vp464.htm

Dawud_uk
02-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Salaam,

Why thank you LOLOL...:muddlehea

Anyway check out these link and do contradict me if it wrong..

I live for understanding..dont you..

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/il_druze.html

Above is an image of a Druze flag in Jerusalem University...

About Druze

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive...%20in%20Israel

[PIE]The Druze religion has no ceremonies or rituals, and no obligation to perform precepts in public. The main tenets that obligate all Druze, both uqqal and juhal, are:
Speaking the truth (instead of prayer)
Supporting your brethren (instead of charity)
Abandoning the old creeds (instead of fasting)
Purification from heresy (instead of pilgrimage)
Accepting the unity of God
Submitting to the will of God (instead of holy war)

The uqqal are bound by more precepts than the juhal. Their external appearance is also different: the men have a shaven head covered by a white turban, a mustache and a beard; the women wear a white head scarf, called a naqab. The most pious among the women hide all their hair under a separate covering, the iraqiyah, which is fastened around the head underneath the white scarf.

Druze are forbidden to eat pork, smoke, or drink alcohol.[/PIE]

Another link

http://www.jcpa.org/jl/vp464.htm
exactly, they deny islam and anyone who rejects even one pillar is a kaffir and this is not my takfir but the takfir of just about every scholar known to the ummah.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

rav
02-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Why thank you LOLOL...

Umm... sorry, I was refering to all the participants in the "dragonballs" discussion. :okay:

snakelegs
02-04-2007, 02:54 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

the rulings of the scholars are clear, ruling by other than the rule of Allah is kufr, siding with the kuffar during war is kufr, you take the jews or christians as your protectors then you are amongst them.

clearly this man has done so many acts of apostasy, true he might secretly have a gun to his back we dont know about but i cannot think of any other excuse for him but this.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
dawud,
i don't understand how his participation in the israeli government is necessarily taking sides - maybe he actually thinks he can do some good?
i don't think a muslim is supposed to lightly charge another muslim with the very serious crime of apostasy, are they?
anyway, though i usually disagree with you 101%, i just wanted to say that even tho your views drive me nuts, you always reply and honestly state your feelings, and you are always polite.

eagleye
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
why would a Muslim enter an Israeli Parliament while genocide is been practice by the Zionists? (as been point out in another thread)

lavikor201
02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eagleye
why would a Muslim enter an Israeli Parliament while genocide is been practice by the Zionists? (as been point out in another thread)
Because the Muslims in Israel know that genocide is not taking place in Israel. There is a Palestinian on this board who says it is not taken place. Israel wouldn't even be occupying the territories if it was not for Arab attacks and agression!

Your naive to believe all these things you hear.

Do you even know what genocide is? A quarter of the dead from this conflict are Jews!

Abdihakim
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM

All isreal wants is to drive out the muslims that live in occupied Palestine. And this a step forward for them because will use the minister to blackmail the muslims in occupied Palestine.

For surely they are the ones who beheaded Yahya (A.S) and tried to kill Isa (A.S) and they will not stop till they have complete control of all of the world. Furthermore their strongest power is the U.S which they use as a toy instead of doing their own dirty work. And this is one of their atempts.

:w:
Abdihakim

eagleye
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Because the Muslims in Israel know that genocide is not taking place in Israel. There is a Palestinian on this board who says it is not taken place. Israel wouldn't even be occupying the territories if it was not for Arab attacks and agression!

Your naive to believe all these things you hear.

Do you even know what genocide is? A quarter of the dead from this conflict are Jews!
I know what genocide is a did not born yesterday. now come to think of it. someone perpetuate a lie over genocide that eventually is not there.

that is an interesting scenario. a minister elected represent certain collective of people.
can anyone imagine in Nazi Germany a Jewish minister gets ellected...

I am a bit naive
you know Israelis are not exempt from wrongdoings...? I guess we need dig more to get the picture more clearer.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-04-2007, 04:04 PM
JERUSALEM (Reuters) -Israel's first Muslim cabinet minister was sworn in by parliament on Monday after a weeks-long battle over his nomination that drew fire from far-right parties as well as Arab lawmakers.

The parliamentary confirmation was expected after Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's cabinet voted on Sunday to make Galeb Magadla of Israel's Labour party a minister without portfolio.

"I am certain that minister Galeb Magadla will be a place to turn to help deal with the gaps between the Arab and Jewish sectors," said Defense Minister and Labour party leader Amir Peretz.

Arabs make up about 20 percent of Israel's population and have long complained of being treated like second-class citizens and about a paucity of government funds for their towns and villages.

"The first step has been taken and this has given Israeli Arabs a feeling of belonging," Magadla told Army Radio on Sunday.

Others said he was joining a government that was not interested in making peace with its Arab neighbors.

Israeli officials have denied any policy of discrimination against the country's Arab citizens, saying they enjoyed more political freedom in Israel than in anywhere in the Muslim world and had a strong representation in parliament.

Magadla was nominated by the Labour Party for a ministerial post after one of its members quit the cabinet in protest at the addition of the ultranationalist Yisrael Beitenu faction to Olmert's coalition government in October.

Israeli media said Strategic Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman of Yisrael Beitenu was the only cabinet member to vote against the appointment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070129/...el_minister_dc
as salaamu alikum
it is the same in my country 18% muslim , three miniters out of 20
but they are clowns .they perform hajj and then make hindu rituals publicly
muslim and even hindu are very angry
the problem is money for them nothing else ,i hope this is not the case for u

eagleye
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdihakim
All isreal wants is to drive out the muslims that live in occupied Palestine. And this a step forward for them because will use the minister to blackmail the muslims in occupied Palestine.
is it coded in their charta?

eagleye
02-04-2007, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdihakim
For surely they are the ones who beheaded Yahya (A.S) and tried to kill Isa (A.S) and they will not stop till they have complete control of all of the world. Furthermore their strongest power is the U.S which they use as a toy instead of doing their own dirty work. And this is one of their atempts.
who is yahya? isa?

arabiyyah
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
ummm.. that is kind mean and inconsiderate. i hate it when people generalize muslims and call us all terrorists so i certainly wont turn a blind eye when you make references to jews like "they are the ones that", not all jews did that.

i think you make a lot of generalizations/.

deen_2007
02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
really?

abdmez
02-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm a Muslim and I am not under the impression that they want to drive me out. If they did, then why would they pay for one of my sons college education, in an ongoing effort to make it so, Muslims can become part of society and have a chance to have good jobs and be sucessfull in life?

I disagree, and unless your a Palestinian, and living in the middle of this conflict, I must tell you that your opinion is not worth much, since it holds no factual info.

eagleye
02-04-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
ummm.. that is kind mean and inconsiderate. i hate it when people generalize muslims and call us all terrorists so i certainly wont turn a blind eye when you make references to jews like "they are the ones that", not all jews did that.

i think you make a lot of generalizations/.
it is like to sue the president Mubarak, for what Pharaohs did in the bible. I think it is unrealistic. and burden to self delusion. IMO

abdmez
02-05-2007, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eagleye
it is like to sue the president Mubarak, for what Pharaohs did in the bible. I think it is unrealistic. and burden to self delusion. IMO
Yeah, true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.