/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what does ukhtee mean?

sevgi
01-30-2007, 09:32 AM
its probably not worth a thread but i just want to know what "ukhtee" means...everyone keeps sayn it...is it arabic?:confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 09:35 AM
It means 'sister'
'akhi' means brother.

amirah_87
01-30-2007, 09:38 AM
:sl:

I'd like to add inshaAllah:

Ukht: means Sister.

Ukhtiy/Ukhtee : means My Sister.

And like the sister said:

Akh: Brother

Akhee/Akhiy would be My Brother

Hope that helps InshaAllah. And Yes, it's arabic. ;)

sevgi
01-30-2007, 09:38 AM
OOOOOOO ok...thank u....that was embarrasing...but u gotta ask if you want answers.

jazakallah khayr sis:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
as Salaamu Uhkti

Since it is impossible to get the exact pronunciation using English letters you will also see it spelled many ways. Ukhtee, ukti, ukthi, uhkti etc. None are the exact pronunciation but each is close enough to recognize.

sevgi
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM

thank you akhi:D

:w:

SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

thank you akhi:D

:w:
Hey, that's the way to go.........:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!