PDA

View Full Version : How well do you get on with your uncles and aunties?



DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I would say I dont get on too well, not that I have arguments or anything of that sort but just that we dont have much to talk about. I see many people that get on really well with their aunties and uncles but it usually is because there isn't such a big age diffrence. I was just wondering how well you get on with yours? and is it to do with the age??
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
well we aint like best friends, but i love n respect them :)

:wasalamex
Reply

SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't really know them cos they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old!
However my husband gets on really well with his aunts and uncle. (Even though he didn't marry into their family! lol!)
Reply

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I have one uncle that I know and wish I didn't. He is a sorry excuse for a human being. The rest of my aunts and uncles I don't really know and don't really care if I ever do.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm an aunt myself with nieces and nephews only a couple of years younger then me. They love me like crazy......or so they say, when they want me to talk to their parents about letting them do stuff!
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM
^ good point, i act like friends with my nieces and nephews, maybe its a younger generation thing :?
Reply

FBI
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM
:sl:

U know how it is everyone is an aunt or uncle.
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah that's an advantage if you get on well with them, you can take em to school when you get in trouble.lol
Reply

SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Oh yeah that's an advantage if you get on well with them, you can take em to school when you get in trouble.lol
Not everyone's like you.........
Reply

FBI
01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ good point, i act like friends with my nieces and nephews, maybe its a younger generation thing :?
:sl:

My nieces and nephews are all older then them.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Oh yeah that's an advantage if you get on well with them, you can take em to school when you get in trouble.lol
arent like older bros and older cousins for that :p
Reply

Pk_#2
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Well,

All are wicked lovely sweet kind :) :D

Cept one :rant: :hiding:

Nah shes cool :rolleyes:
Reply

SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ good point, i act like friends with my nieces and nephews, maybe its a younger generation thing :?
How old are they?
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
01-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
How old are they?
9/8/7/3/3/2/1

their still young mashaAllaah but still kids are funny so its easy to be friendly with them.

:salamext:
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
arent like older bros and older cousins for that :p
thats only if you have em that older then you...but then blackmail becomes an issue??:rolleyes:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
01-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
thats only if you have em that older then you...but then blackmail becomes an issue??:rolleyes:
naa, me n ma bros/cousins use to gang up on the blackmailers. blackmailing is just disgusting man
Reply

Helena
01-30-2007, 11:23 PM
good question.......

erm my connection/relation with my uncles and aunts are good...alhamdulilah...

may be the fact some of them are my age...and couple younger and others older.....not much difference in our age group......its similar...

we get along fine...alhamdulilah.....like going out/eating out/playing with the Wii/talking about anything in general...

we have a strong bond....alahmdulilah.....once in a day....they come around...mashAllah....

i dnt have favs.....but love dem equally.....
Reply

Woodrow
01-31-2007, 12:45 AM
I had one Uncle I was very close too. He was quite a person. He was the one who taught me how to fish, how to navigate a small boat out on the open sea, how to shoot a rifle and pistol. Many things.

He was a proverbial bachelor and never married. He had a good job and earned quite a bit of money, but there was no evidence that he had ever saved a penny.

It was only after he died did we discover that he had "adopted" a number of WW2 families that he had met in Germany, Poland , Hungry and Belgium. He had been sending them all of his money every month to help them to rebuild their lives.
Reply

tomtomsmom
01-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
I had one Uncle I was very close too. He was quite a person. He was the one who taught me how to fish, how to navigate a small boat out on the open sea, how to shoot a rifle and pistol. Many things.

He was a proverbial bachelor and never married. He had a good job and earned quite a bit of money, but there was no evidence that he had ever saved a penny.

It was only after he died did we discover that he had "adopted" a number of WW2 families that he had met in Germany, Poland , Hungry and Belgium. He had been sending them all of his money every month to help them to rebuild their lives.
Aww that is soo sweet. Wish I had a heart warming story to tell of my uncle but alas he was and still is a bum.
Reply

al Amaanah
01-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I would say I dont get on too well, not that I have arguments or anything of that sort but just that we dont have much to talk about. I see many people that get on really well with their aunties and uncles but it usually is because there isn't such a big age diffrence. I was just wondering how well you get on with yours? and is it to do with the age??
Alhamdulillah I get pretty well on with my uncles and aunties, and my uncles and aunties arent young at all. All above 55.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm pretty friendly with my aunts, not really the uncles except for a few maybe. Others im not so free with. My nieces and nephews like me a lot. They always want me too play. And I do lol, im sucha kid :X
Reply

starfortress
01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
:sl:
My aunts are just like my mom in all aspects because they are sisters lol seriously they are siblings.But my uncle is like a brother to me because we are both shared the same interest about cars,same job,same status of the first son.I wouldn't discuss anything related about car with my father,cause it will endup with me always wrong and he always right,but thats the best thing about father and son.:D
Reply

cihad
02-01-2007, 11:10 AM
all of them are okay for me ,i'm closer to some than others but hey!

but i seem to have a problem with all of their husbands/wives-i dunno why,maybe its just me and maybe i am too critical- i think so -i am like the most critical person i have met,i need help lol
Reply

Snowflake
02-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I would say I dont get on too well, not that I have arguments or anything of that sort but just that we dont have much to talk about. I see many people that get on really well with their aunties and uncles but it usually is because there isn't such a big age diffrence. I was just wondering how well you get on with yours? and is it to do with the age??
Lol this may be hard to believe but I get on with every one of my aunts and uncles. We're like friends.. laughing, joking and when my uncle (aunt's hubby) told me to find a wife for his son. I joked that, "Uncle, it's a shame he's too young or I'd have married him myself!" He belly-laughed and said.. "Well, age doesn't matter you know!" lololol. Uncle, I was only JOKING! ;D
Reply

Nawal89
02-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm really close to some of my aunts, and just get along with the rest. As for my uncles...hmm..I never talked to them much. But they're good muslims alhamdulillah. I know that much :p
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 02:22 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!