/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parent's evening at school

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't know about other countries but here in England we have and evening where the parents are invited to the school about twice a year to disciuss the child progress aat school. Do you remember your parent's evening?? I used to dread them soo much lol :nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
:sl:

I'd put the letters in the bin lol.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
i use to just take my olda bro and he use to just come back home tell me to fix up what i have to and then he use to tell my parents that im a good boy lol

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-30-2007, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

:w:

lool. Ditto :offended:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Yeah, i even you P's for Poor into G's for Good but when you have younger siblings who look forward to going it gets tougher to evade. I think my school used to send the letters home lol:mad:

SUMMAYAH
01-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I wish my parents had attended. I was totally well behaved and really smart compared to the rest of my class, yet no one gave a toss. My brother would attend for the sake of it and never really gave my parents the feedback!!!!!

FBI
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Yeah, i even you P's for Poor into G's for Good but when you have younger siblings who look forward to going it gets tougher to evade. I think my school used to send the letters home lol:mad:
Best way to get out of it say it has something to do with sex education then they'll never think of going.

Kittygyal
01-30-2007, 07:44 PM
salamualikum.
goes down the drain. Never told me mam about parents evening but then again had family issues then so ah well.
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
01-30-2007, 08:09 PM
^^^^^^^
its okay for all you people, i still have parents evenings at school and mosque!!!

FBI
01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
^^^^^^^
its okay for all you people, i still have parents evenings at school and mosque!!!
lol your still a skoolie bro :happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 08:11 PM
The funny one used to be when pupils used to bring their parents that couldn't speak or understand English so they would and to translate what the teacher was saying. the teacher would be like " your child has really bad attitude to staff and is very lazy in doing his work" after it had been translated the parent would be like:D :thumbs_up

Ofcourse I was never involved with such mischief ;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-30-2007, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
^^^^^^^
ohhh brother I feel your pain :nervous:

FBI
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
The funny one used to be when pupils used to bring their parents that couldn't speak or understand English so they would and to translate what the teacher was saying. the teacher would be like " your child has really bad attitude to staff and is very lazy in doing his work" after it had been translated the parent would be like:D :thumbs_up

Ofcourse I was never involved with such mischief ;D
Those freshies get away with everything.

Snowflake
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
How can I forget parents evening (aged 9) when my mom told my teacher in broken english, that I thought he looked like a Gorilla! I was mortified. Thank God my teacher saw the funny side of his hairyness.

FBI
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
How can I forget parents evening (aged 9) when my mom told my teacher in broken english, that I thought he looked like a Gorilla! I was mortified. Thank God my teacher saw the funny side of his hairyness.
:happy:

chacha_jalebi
01-30-2007, 10:05 PM
lol good topic :D

when i was small, like 5 years old, the teacher used to call me in the class and i used to purposedly blank her:shade: and at parents evenin she told my mum she was worried i havve a hearin disorder and for 2 years, i used to go to hearin classes at the hospital:(

and like when i was older, i jus used to go parents evenin with my friends & say there was a family problem or someone died :p so parents couldnt make it, and the year reports i used to jus hide them or throw them away :D

Helena
01-30-2007, 11:26 PM
parents evening ....they still give me the creeps....

perhaps i was achieving low in my subjects......in some and not all...remember that....

i use to hear lectures man.....well it was worth it alhamulilah.....

on other hand it didnt really effect me...because i was always a goody girl.....

but still i hated it.......

Sabbir_1
01-31-2007, 12:27 AM
yeh i hated them too, i hated the reports.. mine was always messed up...didnt concentrate, got distracted. blah blah.. load of BS, they couldnt think of anything els to write.. so they just make up lies about you..

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-31-2007, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
yeh i hated them too, i hated the reports.. mine was always messed up...didnt concentrate, got distracted. blah blah.. load of BS, they couldnt think of anything els to write.. so they just make up lies about you..
That's true, soo many tings they said were lies but you cant do nothing about it.

Sabbir_1
01-31-2007, 01:05 AM
That's true, soo many tings they said were lies but you cant do nothing about it.
you still got your reports, i kept mine.. dont know why.. read them when im bored.. i got it from yr8-12 reports..

mohammed farah
01-31-2007, 01:10 AM
my parent evenings was great.................for my brother because only he was allowed to go so the teacher would be able to tell the truth about me,

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-31-2007, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
you still got your reports, i kept mine.. dont know why.. read them when im bored.. i got it from yr8-12 reports..
I remember reading one a lil while back, they're funny lol .

'Abd al-Baari
01-31-2007, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
lol :happy:

S_87
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM

yes it ended up with my dad asking the teachers how much did she pay you to say all of this.
or once how he pretended he could only speak a little english. :hiding:

in high school we not only had parents evening we had a review day too where parents had to come and discuss with the form tutor how we could improve etc. a whole day off for that.

when my friends got a bad report from a teacher their excuse would always be- shes racist. how many of you used that??

al Amaanah
01-31-2007, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i use to just take my olda bro and he use to just come back home tell me to fix up what i have to and then he use to tell my parents that im a good boy lol
lol same

Kittygyal
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
salamualikum.
grr tommorrow i have one of me neice && nephews parents evening but as their 'E-Portal' is not working they will not write but instead they will talk grr i will have to go for there 'parents evening' grr even though there mam && papa be at work grr don't wana go but then again might aswel earn a reward :D, inshallah i will be going 'IF' i remember though :p
Ma'assalama

Beblessed
01-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Parents evening :lol:
My mum dont no english soo am allright :D but my dad knows english but he doesnt go .. too busy lol thats cool but i am allright tho No problem :D Allhmdulilah no parents evening in clg thats kool

amirah_87
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM

Parents evening in Primary school were Kool :shade: I was a Quiet one so it was basically; She's A very bright Intelligent Pupil but Your daughter needs to get involved in Class discussions more!! :rollseyes
I was a teacher's Pet too BIG TIME!!.. not a Squealer, but The Angelic , Goody two shoes , "Why don't you be like Her" type!! ;D
So I did'nt need to worry about gettin bad rep @ parents evening Alhmadulillah.

And Also My Father was the School Governer! :offended: ......So Yuh!! :D

when my friends got a bad report from a teacher their excuse would always be- shes racist. how many of you used that??
That's a Classic!!..

Kittygyal
01-31-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Parents evening in Primary school were Kool :shade: I was a Quiet one so it was basically; She's A very bright Intelligent Pupil but Your daughter needs to get involved in Class discussions more!! :rollseyes
I was a teacher's Pet too BIG TIME!!.. not a Squealer, but The Angelic , Goody two shoes , "Why don't you be like Her" type!! ;D
So I did'nt need to worry about gettin bad rep @ parents evening Alhmadulillah.

And Also My Father was the School Governer! :offended: ......So Yuh!! :D
salamualikum.
aww bless ukthi, talking about 'school governer' that must be hard how did you feel about your papa being a school governer?
Ma'assalama

amirah_87
02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
aww bless ukthi, talking about 'school governer' that must be hard how did you feel about your papa being a school governer?
Ma'assalama
Wa Alaykum As Salaam,

Naah It was'nt hard at All Sis,I did'nt even know He was the School Gov until years later.. when I understood what it was!! :)
We knew he was involved in the school somehow, but we just did'nt know what! .. Too young to understand I think!
But Yeah, it's nice havin your parents involved in the running of your school. :)

Kittygyal
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
Wa Alaykum As Salaam,

Naah It was'nt hard at All Sis,I did'nt even know He was the School Gov until years later.. when I understood what it was!! :)
We knew he was involved in the school somehow, but we just did'nt know what! .. Too young to understand I think!
But Yeah, it's nice havin your parents involved in the running of your school. :)
salamualikum.
aww bless Ukthi :)
Ma'assalama

strider
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Haha, parent's evenings! I remember them!

My primary school ones were great seeing that i was an 'ideal pupil' even though i was alittle too loud. :D I've always managed to get really good reports even when i messed up an entire term. Now, nobody is bothered with parent's evening.

Angel
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Haha, parent's evenings! I remember them!

My primary school ones were great seeing that i was an 'ideal pupil' even though i was alittle too loud. :D I've always managed to get really good reports even when i messed up an entire term. Now, nobody is bothered with parent's evening.
hehe luky u sis i used to dread it god!! da fink was i couldnt get out of it they send the laters home! and my parents went n i wud hear from them teling me to stop chatting n being loud n u no so onn, i reli used to hate it!!
im soo clad im out of secondary!
soo awful *shivers* i nevr used 2 beahve i was abit wild bak den but now im calmed!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.