What are your biggest regrets in life?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
:sl:

viewing this thread I demand a refund on the wasted time joke :D

jzcasejz
01-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I Guess It'd Be Wasting My Time And Not Using It Effectively...

tomtomsmom
01-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't have any. Sure there are lots of things in my life that I did and shouldn't have, but I wouldn't change a single one of them. If it weren't for the mistakes I have made then I wouldn't be the person I am today. The way I see it if you are always looking in your past then you will never see your future.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
My regrets are the way I treated people when I was at school, especially a certain girl that I considered "ugly" just to look "cool" with my mates. I actually liked the girl as a person, she gave me a valentine card but popularity was more important unfortunately. I also used to get into fights for something as stupid as losing a football match at lunch breaks. I cringe but I feel bad about the way I treated that girl. She did nothing wrong.

Jayda
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
My regrets are the way I treated people when I was at school, especially a certain girl that I considered "ugly" just to look "cool" with my mates. I actually liked the girl as a person, she gave me a valentine card but popularity was more important unfortunately. I also used to get into fights for something as stupid as losing a football match at lunch breaks. I cringe but I feel bad about the way I treated that girl. She did nothing wrong.
hola England

find her and say you are sorry and she did not deserve to be treated like that :)

i have only one regret but it is private... but that one regret aside i have no others.. even that one is only a half regret...

Dios te bendiga

England
01-30-2007, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola England

find her and say you are sorry and she did not deserve to be treated like that :)

i have only one regret but it is private... but that one regret aside i have no others.. even that one is only a half regret...

Dios te bendiga
That's what makes it all the worst. I've not seen her since we left school in 2001 along with most of my mates. Everyone has seemed to have dissappeared :uuh:

Woodrow
01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
wasting so many years before realizing I was Muslim.

'Abd al-Baari
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM
not working hard in school for me!

Jayda
01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
That's what makes it all the worst. I've not seen her since we left school in 2001 along with most of my mates. Everyone has seemed to have dissappeared :uuh:

hola England,

im sure it is not so difficult as you would think, im sure if you went back to your school and asked teachers whether she was from the area or just asked around in your community you could find her...

or you could take out a full page ad in the paper apologizing :) i think that would be so cute!

it is very difficult to stay in touch with friends from school... my husband and i are going to our first high school reunion (5 years) this year and will see all the people we have not seen in years... i do not think anybody will be surprised we married but maybe our girls will be a surprise...

people come and go in life, that is why family is so important... and that is why it is so important to make a positive impact in a strangers life now, you may never have the chance to do it again...

Dios te bendiga

England
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
wasting so many years before realizing I was Muslim.
What do you find so great about being a muslim? Not that I have any interest in converting at all. I'm just curious as to how it has changed your life for the good?

Kittygyal
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
salamualikum.
well i will keep them to my self && only me && my creator should know, don't feel right speaking aloud inshallah.
Ma'assalama

Jayda
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
well i will keep them to my self && only me && my creator should know, don't feel right speaking aloud inshallah.
Ma'assalama
i agree Kittygyal

glo
01-30-2007, 09:18 PM
What are your biggest regrets in life?
Walking away from God for many years, thinking I could live as I liked without him.

England
01-30-2007, 09:18 PM
:)
hola England,

im sure it is not so difficult as you would think, im sure if you went back to your school and asked teachers whether she was from the area or just asked around in your community you could find her...

or you could take out a full page ad in the paper apologizing :) i think that would be so cute!

it is very difficult to stay in touch with friends from school... my husband and i are going to our first high school reunion (5 years) this year and will see all the people we have not seen in years... i do not think anybody will be surprised we married but maybe our girls will be a surprise...

people come and go in life, that is why family is so important... and that is why it is so important to make a positive impact in a strangers life now, you may never have the chance to do it again...

Dios te bendiga

No no no lol, I don't do cute. I will be the laughing stock of Nottingham :uuh:
One thing you have reminded me of is the friendsreunited site. I might check that and if she's on see how she's doing. :)

Jayda
01-30-2007, 09:23 PM
:)

No no no lol, I don't do cute. I will be the laughing stock of Nottingham :uuh:
One thing you have reminded me of is the friendsreunited site. I might check that and if she's on see how she's doing. :)
hola England,

i do not mean to sound like i am mocking you, but isnt that line of thinking what lead you to this situation where you now feel ashamed?

apologizing to her i think would be a very good thing... but maybe you should also examine some of the things about yourself that made you do this, and maybe you could change those things about yourself...

doing something nice for somebody is never something that should make you a laughingstock, and if that is true then it is nottingham that is wrong, not you... you should not let them have such power over you that they prevent you from doing something good for somebody...

Dios te bendiga

England
01-30-2007, 09:29 PM
hola England,

i do not mean to sound like i am mocking you, but isnt that line of thinking what lead you to this situation where you now feel ashamed?

apologizing to her i think would be a very good thing... but maybe you should also examine some of the things about yourself that made you do this, and maybe you could change those things about yourself...

doing something nice for somebody is never something that should make you a laughingstock, and if that is true then it is nottingham that is wrong, not you... you should not let them have such power over you that they prevent you from doing something good for somebody...

Dios te bendiga
I know you wasn't mocking. She will reappear one day. They always do and I will make sure I do apologise to her.
I know why I did this. It was popularity. At school popularity is everything. Fit with the gang. It's what kids do but I already have changed alot from my time at school. I treat everyone with respect, especially females no matter what they look like. I'm a well liked person because of that.

syilla
01-31-2007, 01:05 AM
not using my time effectively...and be a successful person

mohammed farah
01-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Not working hard enough in school.

snakelegs
01-31-2007, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I don't have any. Sure there are lots of things in my life that I did and shouldn't have, but I wouldn't change a single one of them. If it weren't for the mistakes I have made then I wouldn't be the person I am today. The way I see it if you are always looking in your past then you will never see your future.
this is exactly how i feel.

sevgi
01-31-2007, 08:51 AM
wasting time...
not reading enough in my early teens
learning to read quran properly like arabic people do.
one more thing,,,but dnt worry about that one.

if i could change these, it wouldnt affect my personality, jst make me a lot smarter.:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.