/* */

PDA

View Full Version : daydream in prayer

AnonymousPoster
01-31-2007, 06:51 PM
:sl:

I sincerely make dua to stop it, my nafl prayers have better concentration than my fardh ones.

My mind goes off on 1000 thoughts when i'm praying fardh. I do my best, but I get sucked out and only regain 'conciousness' in the last half of the last rakah.

it's a disaster. Advice?

I reiterate, it's strange, my nafl prayers tend to be many times better than the obligatory ones, it's almost like i suffer from a syndrome because i almost feel unconcious during the prayer except last rakah (i literally don't sense/recall the imam doing anything).

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-31-2007, 07:06 PM
:wasalamex

i hope this lecture benefits you insha'Allaah :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-lecture.html?

Kittygyal
01-31-2007, 07:52 PM
salamualikum.
Akhi/Ukthi i heard this is 'satan' whom is leading you to this && wispering in your ear, think about it dearest in this duniya you may get away with it now i know it's very difficult to focus alone, but you need to remember do you wana enter 'Janan-Ul-Firdus' the highest place do you?, maybe start of by sitting in a room where your alone && pray by your self, learn by having the intenion first && if you drose off in 'another world' then simple brake your salah && start all over again. i suggest you to listen to the lecture brother Fis.... has provided you mashallah it's very formatic. You will definately realise this life is a 'test', Also practice by just performing extra nafl after isha salah && when you realise your drosing off then break your salah there && then && start all over again inshallah. Read surah Yasin && blow it on your self && also the place you are in whilst performing salah.

read Qura'an && ask for forgivness from allah subahwnatallah inshallah :), Please forgive me if i have said anything bad or made a whole in your fence inshallah
Ma'assalama

AnonymousPoster
02-01-2007, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
my nafl prayers have better concentration than my fardh ones.

It's weird- that happens to me too. I think it is because the devil isn't as interested in distracting us in nafl prayer as he is in fardh prayer, and also because I pray nafl prayer because I feel like it, where as fardh is prayed because it is compulsory.

May Allah forgive and help us.imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I tend to lose concentration now and then. But I started to really really focus on my salah and it alhumdilillah it's helped a great deal.

Before you start praying, it's a good idea to remind yourself that this time is specifically for Allah. And that you are are not going to let shaytaan distract you. Nor, will you give worldly thoughts a place in your worship of your Lord. Because this time you're in contact with Allah and praising Him because only He is worthy of it.

Focus on these thoughts before you begin and continue to keep them in the back of your head during salah.

Focus on the words of the salah and their meanings. What are you saying to Allah? For instance, when you are reciting 'Maliki yawmi-d-Din', are you aware that you are praising/acknowledging Allah as 'Owner of the Day of Judgement'?

Knowing the meanings helps to focus. The words 'Owner of the Day of Judgement' reminds of Qiyamah and that on that Day only Allah will be our judge. Saying 'Ihdina-sirat al-mustaqim' is asking Allah to us the Right Path.
Therefore we focus on our deeds and what we are doing.

It isn't difficult. Drill into your head that Allah is worthy 100% of your focus and concentration. The mind is very powerful. Use it to your advantage and inshaAllah you won't suffer loss of concentration when praising your Rabb.

Umar001
02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Shaykh Munajjid has a book on Kushu, I think named 33 ways to increase kushoo.

I have it at home, I had it online somewhere but cant find it.

seeker_of_ilm
02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

http://www.islamicawakening.com/view...p?articleID=2&

Skillganon
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I think it happens to everyone to a certain degree & time. LOL.

al Amaanah
02-01-2007, 06:10 PM

na3am its a great book masha Allah!

Malaikah
02-02-2007, 06:30 AM

It is on his website:
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...&article_id=21

AnonymousPoster
02-02-2007, 06:30 AM

thanks bro :)

^ can someone givme link pls :)

jazakum allah khayr!

(jazaks Fi btw, will listen when i get time... flat out atmoment)

Malaikah
02-02-2007, 06:35 AM

I gave the link above:

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

AnonymousPoster
02-02-2007, 06:36 AM
jazakilah khayr, just saw link after i posted it!

thanks once again.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.