/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons and proofs that quran is a word of god

07-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmutullahi wa barakatu.

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam. Last Year, i attended a conference and among the lecturers, was Shabir Ally. Alhamdullillah, he did a lecture which was called 'Top 10 Reasons & Proofs that the Qur'aan IS the word of God' and from my notes what i wrote down in the lesson. i would just like to share the knowledge what i recieved with you.

1) Sincerity of the Prophet (saw) - Muhammad (saw) was always known to tell the truth, even BEFORE prophethood. His enemies themselves called him 'Al-amin' (The Trustworthy). Moreover Throughout his 23 years of Prophethood, he suffered persecution, refused to compromise & even had proposal's offered to him (e.g. Dar-un-nadwa) Yet he still maintained his messege

2) Illiteracy Of the Prophet (saw) - Majority of the people around the world (mostly Muslims) knows that Muhammad (saw) was Illiterate. He was physically unable to write The Qur'an. History has him as an unlettered man who could not write anything more than his own name. How could he write a book?

3) Psychological Examination - Meaning that it is Someone else's words in the Qur'an & not Muhammad (saw) & those words in the Qur'an is the words of Allah (swt). In many surahs of the Qur'an, there are ayahs commanding Muhammad (saw), informing him and warning him also.
E.g. {Verily, you (O Muhammad) guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are guided} [Qur'an 28:56]

4) Historical Events - E.g. Pharoah's slave etc.

5) Future events - E.g. Pharoah's drowning etc. Just ONE of the things which was slim to nil of Muhammad (saw) having a chance of knowing about.
{We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!} [Qur'an 10:92]

6) Scientific Miracles & Mathematical Structure - E.g.
{Have We not made the earth as a bed, and the mountains as pegs?} [Qur'an 78:6-7]
Taken from the book 'A brief Illustrated Guide to understanding Islam', it states;
'Modern earth sciences have proven that mountains have deep roots under the surface of the ground and that these roots can reach several times their elevations above the surface of the ground. So the most suitable word to describe mountains on the basis of this information is the word ‘peg,’ since most of a properly set peg is hidden under the surface of the ground.

7) No Errors, contadictions etc. Allah challenges mankind to find a contradiction. Yet no one has been able to do it

8) Challenge to produce a similar chapter or verse. Yet no one has been able to do it. pathetic attempts have been made (e.g. that joke they call 'The Furqan' on many internet sites)
{And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur’ân) to Our slave (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسل&#1605, then produce a Sûrah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allâh, if you are truthful.
But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.} [Qur'an 2:23-24]

9) Contains spiritual values. One of the virtues of the Qur'an is that it increases believers imaan up.

10) Consistent with the previous scriptures of God, e.g. Torah, Psalms, and the Gospels. (Updated version does away with falsehood)

(BONUS ONE!!)

11) Authenticity of the Qur'an. has not been changed (not even a dot) within the space of 114 years!! Plus millions around the world (arab and non arab) have memorised it. Which christian or jew has memorised the torah or the bible page for page, word for word?..........i rest my case.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
root
07-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I often wonder on what basis Muslim's validate their beliefs. It would have been good to see something "substantial".

Unfortunately your "proof" would not even stand in a British legal court, and only goes to further assure me that Islam is but another flavour of religion.

Without prejudice.....

Root

Sheikh Haroon
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Peace Root.

I am deeply curious as to how you perceive it as so. Care to have a discussion, wherein you point out what you find wrong with Islam?

In the mean times, be my guest at the UI forum:

http://forums.understanding-islam.or...ity/index.php?

Regards

Khattab
07-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi Root,

I have a question for you hopefully you can answer it, was Muhammed (SWH) in your opinion a liar or was he crazy/deluded ?

thanks

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
root
07-14-2005, 06:14 PM
I have a question for you hopefully you can answer it, was Muhammed (SWH) in your opinion a liar or was he crazy/deluded ?
In my opinion, probably none of the above.

Khattab
07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Hi, if not any of the above what then?

peace

root
07-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi, if not any of the above what then?
What do you mean exactly.

Khattab
07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
I mean when Muhammed (SWH) claimed prophethood, do you think he was lying to the people that he was recieving divine inspiration or was he basically crazy imaging such a thing? What was his aim in making such a claim that he was a prophet?

root
07-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I beleive that when Muhammed claimed prophethood he beleived himself to be a prophet. On this basis after the Mogal empire reigned Gengis Khan too started to question himself as a prophet also, but then he died unexpectantly (Make what you will of that)!!!

However, back to Muhammed. I think this summs it up for me:

"A great theorist is seldom a great leader. An Agitator is more likely to posses these qualities. He will always be a great leader. For leadership means ability to move masses of men. The talents to produce ideas has nothing in common with capacity for leadership." "But", he says, "The Union of theorists, organizer and leader in one man, is the rarest phenomenon on this earth; Therein consists greatness."

Muezzin
07-14-2005, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I beleive that when Muhammed claimed prophethood he beleived himself to be a prophet. On this basis after the Mogal empire reigned Gengis Khan too started to question himself as a prophet also, but then he died unexpectantly (Make what you will of that)!!!
This is completely off-topic, but Gengis Khan kicked so much butt it's not even funny. Just thought I'd reiterate that little fun (in a violent kinda way) fact. :)

Back on topic...

Khattab
07-15-2005, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root

However, back to Muhammed. I think this summs it up for me:

"A great theorist is seldom a great leader. An Agitator is more likely to posses these qualities. He will always be a great leader. For leadership means ability to move masses of men. The talents to produce ideas has nothing in common with capacity for leadership." "But", he says, "The Union of theorists, organizer and leader in one man, is the rarest phenomenon on this earth; Therein consists greatness."
I dont want to be putting words in your mouth but you said "I beleive that when Muhammed claimed prophethood he beleived himself to be a prophet" so you being an athiest someone who denies God or rejections the notion of a creator, to you if he truly beleived he was a prophet then he must be crazy not right in the mind, correct?

Genghis Khan most likely felt untouchable because he never lost a battle, and because of this he must have felt above everyone. I have never heard of him claiming prophethood.

Anyway as for Muhammed (SWH) he was neither learned, he could not read nor write, he was not even a leader within his own tribe, he was just a simple man till his prophethood at the age of 40.

But the question still remains what did he seek to achive with his mission, in your opinion?

Peace

Khattab
07-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi root awaiting reply.

thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.