/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist plot foiled in Britain

England
01-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Target: British Muslim Soldier

Nine people are in custody after being arrested by police investigating an alleged Iraq-style kidnapping and beheading plot in the UK.

Anti-terror officers say they are at the "foot-hills" of a major inquiry.

Eight men were detrained in raids in Birmingham in the early hours, the ninth on a motorway later in the day.

Assistant Chief Constable David Shaw, of West Midlands Police, revealed the last suspect was stopped on a motorway near the city.

He said officers were carrying out a "very, very major investigation" that would take "days if not weeks" to complete.

It has been reported the alleged plotters intended to post a video of the hostage being tortured and killed on the internet.

The target was a British Muslim soldier in his twentieswho is now under police protection.

The soldier, who has not been named, has served with UK forces in Afghanistan.

His abduction would have mirrored the kidnappings of the British hostages Ken Bigley and Margaret Hassan by Iraqi insurgents.

The suspects - believed to be of Pakistani origin - were detainedunder the Terrorism Act after a six-month surveillance operation.

It is thought they are being held in Coventry. Two are said to be males aged 31 and 29.

The latter has been named locally as Amjad Mahmood.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said officers feared the alleged plot was "coming to fruition".

The fact the aim was apparently not to cause mass casualties, as in previous terror attacks, signalled a "chilling" change in tactics.

The suspects had been tracked in a combined police operation led by the Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.

They were supported by officers from the West Midlands police and the Metropolitan Police.

Officers swooped on 12 addresses in the Sparkhill, Washwood Heath, Kingstanding and Edgbaston areas of Birmingham.

Police said eight people were held "on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000.

The statement warned: "We are mindful that communities, locations or individuals don't become a target as a result of recent events.

"Hate crime will not be tolerated and we will take robust action where necessary."

A Home Office spokesman said: "This operation is a reminder of the real and serious nature of the terrorist threat we face."

The arrests come after police detained a total of five people in anti-terror raids in Manchester and Halifax, West Yorkshire, last week.

:: If you've taken any pictures you can send them to us by dialling 07738 501501. Alternatively, if you've used a camera, email the pictures to us at newsonline@bskyb.com.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...249593,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sami Zaatari
01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
lets wait and see what happens, these guys will most likely be freed in one month as usual. like the other fake alarms that the UK police commonly do, they just arrest a bunch of muslims, make some claim up and it goes on the news, then they release the suspects saying sorry it was a mistake, yet the release of suspects barely gets any coverage leaving the public with a fake story to cause paranoia and fear among the public :).

wilberhum
02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
lets wait and see what happens, these guys will most likely be freed in one month as usual. like the other fake alarms that the UK police commonly do, they just arrest a bunch of muslims, make some claim up and it goes on the news, then they release the suspects saying sorry it was a mistake, yet the release of suspects barely gets any coverage leaving the public with a fake story to cause paranoia and fear among the public :).
There must be massive crime in the UK since the police only arrest innocent people. :hiding: :hiding:
Do you have to be a criminal to stay out of reach of the law?
:rolleyes:

Sami Zaatari
02-01-2007, 12:09 AM
they actually dont arrest much, 90% of rapists are let free when caught, same goes with many other criminals, u know how many ppl were murdered and killed by ppl who were released from jail before serving their sentence under supposed 'police supervision' the system in uk stinks badly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm just glad this guy wasn't kidnapped and the plot was foiled.

wilberhum
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
they actually dont arrest much, 90% of rapists are let free when caught, same goes with many other criminals, u know how many ppl were murdered and killed by ppl who were released from jail before serving their sentence under supposed 'police supervision' the system in uk stinks badly.
Do you realize that 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot with no supporting evidence? :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I'm just glad this guy wasn't kidnapped and the plot was foiled.
I agree that what the guys were 'allegedly' planning was totally out of order n wrong. I just dont see what could be achieved by doing something like that.

England
02-01-2007, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I agree that what the guys were 'allegedly' planning was totally out of order n wrong. I just dont see what could be achieved by doing something like that.

Scaring muslims into not joining the army. That was objective.

FBI
02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Being Handed a one way ticket out of islam should be enough of a scare :happy:

Goku
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Dear me, Iraq style beheadings in the UK? :offended: :thumbs_do

Hope it was nothing more than rumour, but if it was going to happen, i'm glad it got foiled, as well as the so called terrorist plot, if it is true. I still remember forest gate.

England
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
The police have been given an EXTRA 7 days to question them.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...565710,00.html

One thing is that you shouldn't give in to terrorism. I was listening to a British muslim soldier on the ITV news last night. His message to these terrorists were "we will not be intimidated. I am happy to have joined the British army." When asked what he would say to these terrorists he replied something along the lines of "recheck your religion. Islam is a religion of peace."

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Islam is a religion of peace
Joining the armed forces isn't exactly peaceful is it :D

Skillganon
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM
The police have been given an EXTRA 7 days to question them.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...565710,00.html

One thing is that you shouldn't give in to terrorism. I was listening to a British muslim soldier on the ITV news last night. His message to these terrorists were "we will not be intimidated. I am happy to have joined the British army." When asked what he would say to these terrorists he replied something along the lines of "recheck your religion. Islam is a religion of peace."
So did Bush say that. LOL.
I think he needs to re-check his religion. If he really has something against terrorist he will not be picky and include Bush and Blair and all the terrorist(non-muslim) in his own country.

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
:sl:

"recheck your religion
I seriously doubt this chap knows anything of his religion but then again allah knows best.

strider
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I guess that solider will have to check his books again, seeing that Islam is a religion of submission, primarily. Unless Muslims are not being persecuted Islam condemns violence against its enemies.

IMO, the police have a difficult job. You know what they say: they are da.med if they do and da.med if they don't. If the intelligence turns out to be concrete everybody will be congratulating them and if it turns out to be another Forest Gate then people would be calling for their heads.

I'm not going to pass comment and say whether the guys arrested are innocent or not because the simple fact is: we just don't know.

p.s. why is 'da.med' being censored?

England
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
Joining the armed forces isn't exactly peaceful is it :D
You tell him that :rolleyes:

So muslims aren't allowed join the armed forces? Iraq has a military consisting of muslims. Iran has an army consisting of muslims, Pakistan too. The list goes on....

strider
02-01-2007, 07:14 PM

So muslims aren't allowed join the armed forces? Iraq has a military consisting of muslims. Iran has an army consisting of muslims, Pakistan too. The list goes on....
If they register as conscienous objectors, IMO it's a personal decision at the end of the day and there isn't really wrong with it.

England
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
So did Bush say that. LOL.
I think he needs to re-check his religion. If he really has something against terrorist he will not be picky and include Bush and Blair and all the terrorist(non-muslim) in his own country.
Are you calling me a terrorist?

FBI

He was being a hyprocrite by saying "Islam is Peace" while he's in the armed forces". what he ment is islam doesn't condone fighting while he him self is a solider oh the irony.

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Dear me, Iraq style beheadings in the UK? :offended: :thumbs_do

Hope it was nothing more than rumour, but if it was going to happen, i'm glad it got foiled, as well as the so called terrorist plot, if it is true. I still remember forest gate.
I always remember the forrest gate incident, I see the brothers going on with their daily life. To think that brother could have been dead due to some stupid inteligence

England
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM

He was being a hyprocrite by saying "Islam is Peace" while he's in the armed forces". what he ment is islam doesn't condone fighting while he him self is a solider oh the irony.
No comments on the Islamic army all over the middle east?

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
What do you mean?

strider
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Don't you think the keyword in that question is: Islamic?

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't call them islamic armies, fighting for nationalism or political reasons is haraam, so I apply the same ruling to them.

England
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I always remember the forrest gate incident, I see the brothers going on with their daily life. To think that brother could have been dead due to some stupid inteligence
You have to put those incidents behind you. If you dwell on it and think "this could be a plot of terrorism, BUT let's give it the benefit of the doubt just in case this mirrors that incident" then you can say goodbye to common sense. Goodbye to freedom, pray that you aren't next.

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Don't you think the keyword in that question is: Islamic?
EXACTLY. what is Islamic these days. The nations and armies that are Muslim do not hold 100% Islamic principles. So they will not be successful.

Goku
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
It was saddening, there was an interview with the affected brother on Islam channel. The police even threw in some baseless pedophilia charges on the poor man, they as well as the so called terrorist charges proved to be completely false.

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
You have to put those incidents behind you. If you dwell on it and think "this could be a plot of terrorism, BUT let's give it the benefit of the doubt just in case this mirrors that incident" then you can say goodbye to common sense. Goodbye to freedom, pray that you aren't next.

Are u willing to forget 7/7 and 9/11

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah I know. I just get a sense that the inteligence that they recieve is a phone call from Mrs Robinson saying "oh i say, we've got a bunch of muslim lads plotting sumthing, please come and check it out.....oh yeah bring guns with you". Is it me or does that sum it up?

England
02-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't call them islamic armies, fighting for nationalism or political reasons is haraam, so I apply the same ruling to them.

The British muslim fighting in Afghanistan was fighting terrorists. He was fighting the Taliban. A regime that has killed many Islamic school teachers, Islamic children, Islamic women who had done nothing wrong. Osama Bin Laden has VERY close links to the Taliban who has killed many of our innocent people in the U.S and threatens to cause more harm to innocent men, women and children. He is the enemy that needs exterminating.

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
It was saddening, there was an interview with the affected brother on Islam channel. The police even threw in some baseless pedophilia charges on the poor man, they as well as the so called terrorist charges proved to be completely false.
Yeah bro i couldnt believe the accusation that they made about him afterwards? Its like they couldnt discredit him anymore so they had to finf somthing. IDIOTHAS

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Man they're is gonna be some sad faces on the day of judgment!

England
02-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Are u willing to forget 7/7 and 9/11
No as it is a reminder of the danger of the terrorists can cause to innocent people if we are unprepared, give them the benefit of the doubt. If this happens then this re-occur. Don't YOU forget 7/7 and 9/11, no-one should forget them. It's a reminder of what could happen if you give terrorists the space.

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Look the point is that this incident did not take place, that is the main thing. Whether its a true case or its just another police mis-hap, we will find out.

FBI
No as it is a reminder of the danger of the terrorists can cause to innocent people if we are unprepared, give them the benefit of the doubt. If this happens then this re-occur. Don't YOU forget 7/7 and 9/11, no-one should forget them. It's a reminder of what could happen if you give terrorists the space.
fair enough, I agree, but we should also remember 'Forest Gate' and the 'Air Line Plot'.

England
Yeah I know. I just get a sense that the inteligence that they recieve is a phone call from Mrs Robinson saying "oh i say, we've got a bunch of muslim lads plotting sumthing, please come and check it out.....oh yeah bring guns with you". Is it me or does that sum it up?
It's not a case of that. The MI5 have been listening into their conversations. They have been spying on them. The MI5 are one of the best intelligence organisations in the world.

SATalha
02-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah if you say so...

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:33 PM
It's not a case of that. The MI5 have been listening into their conversations. They have been spying on them. The MI5 are one of the best intelligence organisations in the world.
were MI5 envolved in the airline plot, forest gate?

Muezzin
02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
We should just wait and see what happens with these suspects. Unless and until incriminating evidence is presented, it is innocent until proven guilty.

England
02-01-2007, 07:41 PM
were MI5 envolved in the airline plot, forest gate?

Do you realise how high the threat of terrorism is in this country? There will be mistakes made. The FBI make mistakes. There are THOUSANDS of plots being made up. Mistakes are inevitable, but one thing is for sure, they are on their toes. They are obviously working hard to keep this country safe. There will be mistakes in the future, but at the same time there has and will also be plots successfully foiled.

The MI5 are keeping on their toes. If these men are proven guilty I have a feeling people in here will say "police probably framed them, you know what they're like" :rolleyes:

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
We should just wait and see what happens with these suspects. Unless and until incriminating evidence is presented, it is innocent until proven guilty.
Sadly the whole world doesn't think so :confused:

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:43 PM

Do you realise how high the threat of terrorism is in this country? There will be mistakes made. The FBI make mistakes. There are THOUSANDS of plots being made up. Mistakes are inevitable, but one thing is for sure, they are on their toes. They are obviously working hard to keep this country safe. There will be mistakes in the future, but at the same time there has and will also be plots successfully foiled.
lol, don't act like u know whats going on all u know is what u hear on the 6.00 PM news.

England
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM

lol, don't act like u know whats going on all u know is what u hear on the 6.00 PM news.
Come again? :confused: If it wasn't for the British Intelligence we'd have 7/7 attacks every single solitary day. The 21/7 attempted bombers wouldn't have been caught. They would be free today to have another attempt at blowing up innocent men, women and little children. Real men these terrorists are :happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
There is no need to scare them, there are hardly any there to begin with.

England
02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
There is no need to scare them, there are hardly any there to begin with.
But there are still muslims in the British army for them to scare.

FBI
02-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Come again? :confused: If it wasn't for the British Intelligence we'd have 7/7 attacks every single solitary day. The 21/7 attempted bombers wouldn't have been caught. They would be free today to have another attempt at blowing up innocent men, women and little children. Real men these terrorists are :happy:

Really? Well u better hope the folks at MI5 are doing a good job then mate :D

England
02-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Really? Well u better hope the folks at MI5 are doing a good job then mate :D

They are doing a good job. Mistakes will be made, but plots will be foiled too.

FBI
02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
They are doing a good job. Mistakes will be made, but plots will be foiled too.
and gullible people will watch 'spooks' and actually belief MI5 are all powerful. :D

England
02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
and gullible people will watch 'spooks' and actually belief MI5 are all powerful. :D
Erm... the MI5 are doing a great job. The word "powerful" wasn't even used. :rolleyes:

FBI
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Erm... the MI5 are doing a great job. The word "powerful" wasn't even used. :rolleyes:
But your sure thinking it arn't u :happy:

NobleMuslimUK
02-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Well I watch BBC news where I get like 50% of my information the rest is online on forums or news websites. I must admit you hear a lot about the arrests but dont hear about when they are released free of charge. Muslims in the British army are fractional number and joined because of their own choice, If its true what they're telling us than that would have been a barbaric act and am glad it was foiled.
As you can see the mistrust of authorities in the muslim communities due to prior such hoaxes.
We as muslims must also draw lines, if we do notice this type of activity amongst anyone then a stop has to be put to it. I think the bigger issues facing muslims who follow culture more is they need more educating in Islam along the issues of honor killings and forced marriages.

Keltoi
02-01-2007, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Well I watch BBC news where I get like 50% of my information the rest is online on forums or news websites. I must admit you hear a lot about the arrests but dont hear about when they are released free of charge. Muslims in the British army are fractional number and joined because of their own choice, If its true what they're telling us than that would have been a barbaric act and am glad it was foiled.
As you can see the mistrust of authorities in the muslim communities due to prior such hoaxes.
We as muslims must also draw lines, if we do notice this type of activity amongst anyone then a stop has to be put to it. I think the bigger issues facing muslims who follow culture more is they need more educating in Islam along the issues of honor killings and forced marriages.
This post was....extremely reasonable. Am I in the Twighlight Zone?

Malaikah
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Man they're is gonna be some sad faces on the day of judgment!

Subhanallah, that's the most meaningful comment made in this whole thread. People are so obsessed with this dunya that they forget to look at the bigger picture. :offended:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.