/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Raising money for Darfur

rav
02-01-2007, 04:07 AM
My Shul and many others in the area are rasining millions ot send to help the black Muslims of Darfur survive.

I am just curious if there are any special programs or fund raisers at your mosques raising money to send over there.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IzakHalevas
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I wish my shul would.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I think my mosque is doing it. Btw, when you refer to Muslims, dont say Black or White. There's no such thing.

Peace

IzakHalevas
02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
I think my mosque is doing it. Btw, when you refer to Muslims, dont say Black or White. There's no such thing.

Peace
That difference is created by Muslims, when you have Muslims of Arab ethnicity commiting genocide against Muslims of African/Black ethnicity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Doesn't mean u should follow it. And its not just created by Muslims, so no finger pointing :okay: Just dont say it, it ticks me off mucho.

Cognescenti
02-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Point of clarification. The overwhelming bulk of the victims in Darfur are Africans of the Christian faith. The perpetrators (the janjuid militia and the central Sudanese government) are largely Muslim.

This may have something to do with any difficulty you might be having raising funds for the victims of Darfur.

arabiyyah
02-02-2007, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Point of clarification. The overwhelming bulk of the victims in Darfur are Africans of the Christian faith. The perpetrators (the janjuid militia and the central Sudanese government) are largely Muslim.

This may have something to do with any difficulty you might be having raising funds for the victims of Darfur.
ummm... no they arent.

Darfur, which is about the size of Texas, is made up of both desert and lush grasslands. Most Darfurians are Muslim and appear indistinguishable to outsiders. However, the people of Darfur divide themselves into two basic identity groups, "Arabs" and "Africans." The Arab groups tend to be nomads while the Africans are usually farmers. Arabs and Africans have always competed over water and land, but tribal councils have traditionally been able to resolve these disputes.

http://www.beyondintractability.org/...r.jsp?nid=5101
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040830fa_fact1

Cognescenti
02-02-2007, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
ummm... no they arent.

Darfur, which is about the size of Texas, is made up of both desert and lush grasslands. Most Darfurians are Muslim and appear indistinguishable to outsiders. However, the people of Darfur divide themselves into two basic identity groups, "Arabs" and "Africans." The Arab groups tend to be nomads while the Africans are usually farmers. Arabs and Africans have always competed over water and land, but tribal councils have traditionally been able to resolve these disputes.

http://www.beyondintractability.org/...r.jsp?nid=5101
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040830fa_fact1
You are right. Darfur, which is Western Sudan is mostly Muslim. Southern Sudan, which was victimized in the Civil War is mostly Christian (and Animist).

The persecution of Christians in the South has diminished, or at least, is not as tragic as the situation in Darfur. Thanks for the correction, arabiyyah. Hope you enjoyed that. :happy:

BTW...which country has accepted the greatest number of permanent Darfurian refugees? Saudi Arabia, with it's spectacular oil wealth? Iran? Egypt..right next door? Lybia? Tunisia? Morocco? Turkey? Kuwait? Indonesia? Malaysia? UAE? Pakistan?

Nope.

arabiyyah
02-02-2007, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
You are right. Darfur, which is Western Sudan is mostly Muslim. Southern Sudan, which was victimized in the Civil War is mostly Christian (and Animist).

The persecution of Christians in the South has diminished, or at least, is not as tragic as the situation in Darfur. Thanks for the correction, arabiyyah. Hope you enjoyed that. :happy:

BTW...which country has accepted the greatest number of permanent Darfurian refugees? Saudi Arabia, with it's spectacular oil wealth? Iran? Egypt..right next door? Lybia? Tunisia? Morocco? Turkey? Kuwait? Indonesia? Malaysia? UAE? Pakistan?

Nope.
who? :muddlehea

Muezzin
02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Can you guys discuss charity without starting an argument? Please?

Erundur
02-03-2007, 04:32 PM
:salamext:

They have flyers in stuff in the local mosques around my area saying please donate to "the children who have been victims of war"

I usually give what I can.

:sl:

arabiyyah
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur
:salamext:

They have flyers in stuff in the local mosques around my area saying please donate to "the children who have been victims of war"

I usually give what I can.

:sl:
thats cool bro, your a good person.

Cognescenti
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Can you guys discuss charity without starting an argument? Please?
You do have a point there, Muezzin. Sorry

PS..I think Aribiyyah and I made up already. :smile:

IzakHalevas
02-11-2007, 04:20 AM
My shul just began a huge fundraiser. Hopefully it will be a sucess and help a lot of people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.