/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LETHAL PERFUME - scam

SUMMAYAH
02-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Salaams: Here's an email someone sent to me today.........

I know not all of you are women that I am sending this to, but I am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother, sisters, etc.

Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day - Pipe bombs in mailboxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume. Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 PM in the Tesco car park near the University of Ulster by two males who asked what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate.

I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume?' scam.

Someone walks up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price.

THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER!

When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables And heaven knows what else. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing at them and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the info!!! What people will do these days!!
Guess my mom was right..... never talk to strangers!!!!!

Woodrow
02-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Another Urban legend. That E-mail has been circulating since 1999

Check the Snopes Report:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp

SUMMAYAH
02-01-2007, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Another Urban legend. That E-mail has been circulating since 1999

Check the Snopes Report:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp
Lol!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Still, don't trust men who hang around in car parks and ask you to sniff them. It's just wrong.

mariam.
02-01-2007, 08:29 PM
oh my God :offended: !!!
why this people doing this terrible thing?!

can I ask a stupid Question? what does LoL mean?

tomtomsmom
02-01-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
oh my God :offended: !!!
why this people doing this terrible thing?!

can I ask a stupid Question? what does LoL mean?
cause some people are terrible.

LOL=laugh out loud:happy:

mariam.
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
cause some people are terrible.

LOL=laugh out loud:happy:
LOL ... thank you tomtomsmom :happy:

Samee
02-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Ether is a very lethal thing, but it can't knock you out on 50 sprays, let alone one. The way to knock someone out using Either is to pour it on a cloth, and then to grab someone and hold that cloth on their face. You need to press hard and keep the cloth there for around 20-30 seconds in order to make the person pass out. When you spray ether, it goes in all directions.

So yeah, it is false, but it just goes to show that we should all be careful at all times.

SUMMAYAH
02-04-2007, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee
The way to knock someone out using Either is to pour it on a cloth, and then to grab someone and hold that cloth on their face. You need to press hard and keep the cloth there for around 20-30 seconds in order to make the person pass out.
Thanks for the advise......lol!

deen_2007
02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
by the way........wat country is this happening in? cos its no use worrying if it is only happening in one country......thanks 4 d info though...(personally i wudnt let any guys approach me like that...but ill inform my friends)

SATalha
02-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for that

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.