/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum with good intentions

mansaf
02-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I believe the people in this forum have good intentions. You sympathize very well with sinners but do not criticize them. You indulge in comparitive religion faking a desire to understand each other. You try too hard to give a modern or liberal face to Islam at the expense of adding "bed3a" to Islamic faith. I hold nothing against any of you, but I will not hesitate to speak out the truth. I will leave this forum in peace with everyone. My mentality differs from most of the people in this forum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
02-01-2007, 08:08 PM
:sl:

Am I missing something here what the hell happened?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-01-2007, 08:11 PM
examples???

sojourner
02-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Is it because you allow us non-Muslims in to interact with you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
He mansaf. :)

First of all, this forum is working hard to promote the idea of following the Qur'an and Sunnah according the way of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.) Those who follow their way are the successful ones. And anyone who innovates a form of worship without proof from the way of the Messenger is performing an act of bid'ah which is an innovation. Which isn't permitted in islaam.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Every newly invented affair is an innovation. Every innovation is an error and every error is in the fire.” This is an authentic hadîth related by al-Tirmidhî and others.

In regard to sympathizing with sinners - we are all sinners and the best of sinners are those who repent. To help a person repent, you be merciful to them in order that they feel encouraged to repent. If we were to be harsh against them;

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh*hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

[3:159]

We hope that you will follow the way of the Messenger of Allaah and his companions too. :) And thankyou for the positive feedback when you said that this forum has good intentions. May Allaah allow us to have firmly good intentions for His sake. ameen.

Peace.

Skillganon
02-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Thank you brother Mansaf for you concerns and comments. I assure you we are not here to compromise anything in our religion. We do try to follow the islamic Etiquette when dealing with the non-muslim here and even muslims.

Just to remind one that we have different members, amount of knowledge, understanding at different ages coupled with their up-bringing will make people diverse in their opinions and affect how they approach a subject or give answer's.

*charisma*
02-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

He's right:

You sympathize very well with sinners but do not criticize them.
If our intention is towards Allah, we have no right to criticize anyone. We don't know them as Allah subhana wa ta'ala does. We give them naseeha as we are supposed to. Just as they are sinners, we all are as well.

You indulge in comparitive religion faking a desire to understand each other.
You're right, I do see some people doing that.

You try too hard to give a modern or liberal face to Islam at the expense of adding "bed3a" to Islamic faith.
I see that sometimes as well, Sugar coating Islam.

I hold nothing against any of you, but I will not hesitate to speak out the truth. I will leave this forum in peace with everyone. My mentality differs from most of the people in this forum.
Alhemdulilah wa mashallah. If we cannot help your iman in any way and if you feel there's no way you can give dawah, then walaikum asalaam wa rahmatallah wa barakatu ekhi.

glo
02-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I think mansaf is referring to this thread.

May you walk with God, mansaf, and may he guide you in truth and peace and understanding.

peace

glo
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
We do try to follow the islamic Etiquette when dealing with the non-muslim here.
Well said, Skillganon. And this is something I have always respected this forum for. :)

Peace

tomtomsmom
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I think I must have missed something cause I don't understand.

Kittygyal
02-01-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I think I must have missed something cause I don't understand.
same here :uuh:

Woodrow
02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
This forum is very unique in that while promoting Islam, we have an open door and allow all people to come in. we have a very strong belief that each and everyone of us is responsible for worshiping as we do. This is a very serious decision and the most important one any of us will every make.

Some information about all sources needs to be presented if any of us are to truly believe based on what we investigate and learn to be true.

In addition, there is a strong need and responsibility for each of us to do what we can to help promote peace in this world. Part of that comes through understanding. Understanding does not mean agreement, it means knowing why a person does what they do. Understanding is the first step to tolerance. Tolerance is simply the ability to co-exist without fear of each other.

Education about each other is an excellent way to reduce unfounded fears.

islamway
02-01-2007, 09:54 PM
All praises to Allah

well what i would like to say is brother wood is right i have seen one thing in forums how can you talk to a person and do daawah .forums are just like posting and going and then so many people with so many replies and in those replies there might be people from different sects and if you talk in forums and do daawah it wouldnt look like daawah as so many sects and other religion people can reply with their own made up hadeeths and all and the person your trying to daawah will get confused and he will get the wrong information of islam and that time who is to blame for his wrong direction.So the best way is to chat with a person personally with the person you want to do daawah.well only in forums we muslim brother hood and sister hood could make threads of any topics and talk about those topics through the knowledge of quran and sunnah.Till today what i have seen in reality some people even did daawah through chatting directly to the person which is the easiest way and got succeded also but i have never seen people only doing daawah through forums as in forums there are many people of different religions and sects .So you decide is forums good way to do daawah.

islamway
02-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Forums can only help people to gain more knowledge of islam through every topic of thread according to quran and sunnah.:happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.