/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this hadeeth saheeh?

Name
02-01-2007, 08:49 PM
i need strong proof of this hadeeth although its says bukhari and muslim im very sceptical about it

it is so which hadeeth number is it in bukhari and muslim and under what chapter is it?

It is narrated by Bukhari and Muslim and mentioned by Jalaluddin as-Suyuti, from other collections, that 'Ali bin Abi Talib (r) said, "I asked the Prophet (s) one time, 'O Messenger of Allah, guide me to the shortest way to Allah's Presence, and the easiest way to worship, and the best way for Allah, Almighty and Exalted. The Prophet (s) said, 'O 'Ali, you have to be continuously making Dhikrullah, silently and aloud.' I replied, 'O Prophet (s), all human beings are making dhikr. Give me something special.' The Prophet (s) said, 'O 'Ali, the best of what I, and all prophets before me, said is, la ilaha illallah. If all the heavens and earth were placed on one side of the balance and la ilaha illallah were placed in the other, la ilaha illallah would be heavier. Judgment Day will never come as long as there are people on this earth saying la ilaha illallah.' Then I said, 'How should I recite.' The Prophet (s) said, 'Close your eyes and listen to me reciting la ilaha ill-Allah three times. Then you say it three times and I will listen to you.' Then the Prophet (s) said it and I repeated it in a loud voice."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
02-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Assalaamu ALaikum

I have never come across that hadith before. Insha Allah someone will be able to help.

Skillganon
02-02-2007, 12:42 AM
EDIT: I never heard of that one before.

Anway I seriously don't know if it is authentic or not.

Umar001
02-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Who was your source?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
02-02-2007, 03:00 PM
:sl:

not aware if there is such a hadith in the sahihain but this hadith reminds me of a hadith regarding moosa AS..not the close eyes part just that beginning part. ill find it inshaAllah
(you can search hadiths on searchtruth.com and see if anything like the hadith comes up though.)

found it

Abu saeed al khudri RA narrated that Allah's Messenger :arabic5: said:

Musa said: oh my Rubb teach me something through which i can remember You and supplicate to You.
Allah answered: Say, oh musa La ila illallah. Musa said: oh my Rubb all your slaves say these words. Allah said: oh Musa if the seven heavans and all they contain other than Me and the seven earths as well were all put in one side of the scale and la ila illallah put in the other the latter would overweigh them.
reported ibn hibban and al hakim declared it sahih.

Name
02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
its okay now found it and its saheeh its from bukhari and muslim

you can close this thread now

MH-UK
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YaRusulallah
its okay now found it and its saheeh its from bukhari and muslim

you can close this thread now

Sorry I still couldn't find it, could you post the source so we can all benefit,

Jazak'Allah khayr

Umar001
02-02-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

not aware if there is such a hadith in the sahihain but this hadith reminds me of a hadith regarding moosa AS..not the close eyes part just that beginning part. ill find it inshaAllah
(you can search hadiths on searchtruth.com and see if anything like the hadith comes up though.)

found it

Abu saeed al khudri RA narrated that Allah's Messenger :arabic5: said:

Musa said: oh my Rubb teach me something through which i can remember You and supplicate to You.
Allah answered: Say, oh musa La ila illallah. Musa said: oh my Rubb all your slaves say these words. Allah said: oh Musa if the seven heavans and all they contain other than Me and the seven earths as well were all put in one side of the scale and la ila illallah put in the other the latter would overweigh them.
reported ibn hibban and al hakim declared it sahih.
I have doubts about this hadeth, do you know the chain of narration, it is usually found in the Arabic books.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
i dont get it, whats all the doubting about :?

Umar001
02-02-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i dont get it, whats all the doubting about :?
You really want to know? It's pretty long I do not want to type it up if you aint gonna read it.

Mohsin
02-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm really confused, I acnt see anything "sceptical" or anything doubtful in this hadeeth. can the bros please shed light on what seems to be worrying in this hadith?

As far as i see Ali RA asks the prophet pbuh how can i get closer to allah, the prophet rpelies do constant dhikr of him, 'ali replies, but every1 does it, and the prophet infroms him there is nothing more worthy than saying the kalimah. It seems fine to me, unless i am missing something or it has been edited.

also what is so sufi about it????

Mohsin
02-02-2007, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
You really want to know? It's pretty long I do not want to type it up if you aint gonna read it.
i'll read it bro :)

Khalisah
02-02-2007, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I have doubts about this hadeth, do you know the chain of narration, it is usually found in the Arabic books.
:sl: I could be wrong in saying this... so I'm going to apologigize beforehand.... but isnt the chain of narration in the book 'Kitab al-Tawhid' page 31? which seems to grade it weak... "Al-albani graded it weak..." "However there is a more agreed upon hadith with different wording that gives a much desired meaning for the context of this point. 'Abdullah bin Amr bin al-As narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) said; "When death visited Allah's prophet Nuh (pbuh) he said to his son; 'I shall narrate to you the will. I will command you two things that I forbid you from two things: I command you with La ilaha illa Allah. Surely if the seven heavens and the seven earths were placed on a pan of a scale, and La ilaha illa Allah was placed on the other pan of the scale they would give in to La ilaha illa Allah...." This hadith was recored by al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad, Ahmad, Al-Bayhaqi in al-Asma............. al-Albani included it in al-sahiha no.134.......
sorry... don't know if that was useful at all.... you all probably knew that all anyway...
Take care...

Umar001
02-02-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkchocolate
:sl: I could be wrong in saying this... so I'm going to apologigize beforehand.... but isnt the chain of narration in the book 'Kitab al-Tawhid' page 31? which seems to grade it weak... "Al-albani graded it weak..." "However there is a more agreed upon hadith with different wording that gives a much desired meaning for the context of this point. 'Abdullah bin Amr bin al-As narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) said; "When death visited Allah's prophet Nuh (pbuh) he said to his son; 'I shall narrate to you the will. I will command you two things that I forbid you from two things: I command you with La ilaha illa Allah. Surely if the seven heavens and the seven earths were placed on a pan of a scale, and La ilaha illa Allah was placed on the other pan of the scale they would give in to La ilaha illa Allah...." This hadith was recored by al-Bukhari in al-Adab al-Mufrad, Ahmad, Al-Bayhaqi in al-Asma............. al-Albani included it in al-sahiha no.134.......
sorry... don't know if that was useful at all.... you all probably knew that all anyway...
Take care...
I was going to type part of that, though you have left abit out, which is important, there are different chains for the narration I think, some are weak that was what i was going to point out.

EDIT: Let me type it out insha'Allah...

4. This hadith was recorded by Ibn Hibban, al-Hakim, al-Nasa'i in al-Yawm wal-Laylah, al-Tabarani in al-Du'a and Al-Bayhaqi in al-Asma' wa l- Sifat. Al-Hakim graded it sahih, and al-Dhahabi was silent about it, usually indicating his approval. Similarly Ibn Hajar graded it sahih in Fath al-Bari 11:208, it has a slightly different chain of narrators with al-Tabarani and Abu Ya'la about which Al-Haythami said (al-Majma') "It is recorded by Abu Ya'la and its men are trutworthy, but among them thre is some weakness." Commenting on the chain of Ibn Hibban, 'Alush (Tashnif al-Adhan no.927) says, "Its chain is weak, Daraj Abu Sumah is weak in his reports from Abu al-Haytham." Ibn al-Mundhir listed Daraj Abu Sumah among the narrators who the hadith scholars differ over saying, "Abu Hatim declared him weak, as did al-Daraqutni and others, Ahmad said, 'His hadiths are rejected' al-Nasa'i said, 'Rejected'" Yet others considered him trustworthy like Yahya bin Ma'in (it seems that quotes from him are what al-Hakim depended upon according to Al-Mundhiri's comments in al-Targhib) and 'Ali bin al-Madini - and particularly al-Tirmidhi in case he reports from Abu al-Haytham (as in this case!). Likewise he was quoted for support by Ibn Khuzaymah. Al-Albani calls him the possesor and author of manakir (rejected hadiths) see al-Da'ifah 1:294 and 254. Al-Albani graded it weak in Da'if Mawarid al-Zaman no.295, as did Muqbil bin Hadi in al-Mustadrak no.1988.
There is however a more agreed upon authentic hadith with different wording that gives much of the desired meaning for the context of this point. 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin al-'As narrated that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said; "When death visited Allah's Prophet Nuh, peace and blessings be upon him, he said to his son; 'I shall narrate to you the will. I command you with two things and I forbid you from two things: I command you with La ilaha illah Allah. Surely if the seven heavens and the seven earths were placed on a pan of a scale, and La ilaha illah Allah was placed on the other pan of the scale, they would give in to La ilaha illah Allah.." This hadith was recorded by al-Bukhari in Al-Adab al-Mufrad, Ahmad, Al-Bayhaqi in al-Asma', and also Al-Tabarani according to Al-Haythami who said, "This isnad is sahih." Al-Albani included it in al-Sahihah no.134, and Shaykh Muqbil bin Hadi included Ahmad's hadith in Sahih al-Musnad manma Laysa fi al-Sahihayn v.1 p.544 and he said, "This haith is sahih."

At the start of the quote, when it says 'This hadith' the hadith refered to was:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said; "Musa (alayhi al-salam) said; 'O Lord! Teach me something I can remember you and call upon you with!' He, Glory and Exalted be He, said, 'O Musa! If the seven heavens and what is in them other than Me, and the seven earths were in a pan (of the Scale) and La ilaha illah Allah was in another pan, then La ilaha illah Allah would outwigh them.'" Recorded by Ibn Hibban and al-Hakim who graded it sahih.4

snakelegs
02-09-2007, 09:30 PM
of course i have no idea whether it's saheeh or not, but it's a nice one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.