/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yemen

Pages : 1 [2]

umm-sulaim
07-07-2007, 10:39 AM
^ yh but sis...they don't allow tullaab in Dammaaj if their from the west, cos our umaraa say send em back innit
you have to say your in yemen for tourism or to learn arabic in their schools or something like that.
so ravenous asaabat...as soon as u enter Dammaaj khalaas mate....ok so as not to scare anyone, basically i mean, if ur caught outside Dammaaj and they find out your from the west expect deportation with a stamp on your passport showing that you were turfed from their country and unless you change your passport or something you can't get back in...
so anyone wanting to go dammaaj don't tell 'em you wanna go, seriosuly otherwise they'll send u back pronto.
If your Somali they don't really give you grief cos they assume your staright from Somalia, jus don't speak any other language. Even mali's have been deported cos they were bustin english infront of soldiers qaddar Allaah...

Most people pay the hefty sum at the end either way alhamdulillaah as long as u seek knowledge n benefit from ur stay, it's worth it lolz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
07-07-2007, 12:09 PM
:salamext:

Got some more questions.

How much sum does one need in Dammaj per year for single and couple, and like not the hardest standard of living in Dammaj but not the best either, 3 meals and normal things you need?

How much books are in Dammaj?

umm-sulaim
07-07-2007, 02:11 PM
A single person in Dammaaj can live on 50 dollars a month, the value of yemeni money has increased in Yemen but I still think 50's enough and this is what most single brothers live on there. This is excluding rent.

Books are not expensive in Dammaaj alhamdulillaah, you can buy saheeh Bukhari (full) for like 5,000 riyals perhaps less, that's almost a score.

ravenous
07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
What I mean is that even if you go through the trouble of getting all your papers and blood tests, dammaj is on so-called watchlists, so the yemeni government, in order to remain in good standing with their western backers, have to make a show of throwing out people occasionally. That way they show they are tough on extremism, you get me? If you look in their newspapers, they post annual quotas of people arrested in the fight on extremism. It's how they qualify for aid money.

Think of it as a don't ask, don't tell policy. They are smart enough to figure by now that most brothers who enter yemen with short pants and long beards and the sisters with the niqaabs are hoping to head one place, but they turn a blind eye, so long as you don't make a show of your intentions. They won't ask you if you're going, and you don't tell them where your headed, pay your hefty fees, and pass through.

As for paying legally, in a country like yemen, there is no such thing. With no sound bureaucratic system, you are paying thousands of dollars to shady middlemen, who pocket half of it, and give the other half to their contacts. While you end up with no iqaamah. If you enter legally through a mahad, they won't release you or your passport, because if they do, they lose the money you are paying them to keep you in the country, so they essentially hold your passport hostage to prevent you fro going to the D. I've heard of brothers who actually had to fight for or steal their passports from so called salafi mahads!!! I could tell you nightmare story after nightmare story about brothers bein ripped off, but I don't have the time, and it might take me a few days.

The truth is, because their system is so whacked, paying the fines at the end of your stay is actually the only valid way of making sure the money gets to the officials instead of the crooks. Because when you pay your fine, they have an actual system of calculating how much you owe, and an actual release process. To give you an example, I paid 500 USD to a guy who was supposed to give me an iqaamah, which to this day, I have no idea that he ever made. Upon leaving, I had to go the officials and pay a fine on the 9 months I was in Yemen anyway, so I ended up paying double, once to a crook for something I thought was gonna make me legal, and then second to an official for something that cleared me of being illegal!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Subhaan Allaah..

format_quote Originally Posted by ravenous
I've heard of brothers who actually had to fight for or steal their passports from so called salafi mahads!!! I could tell you nightmare story after nightmare story about brothers bein ripped off, but I don't have the time, and it might take me a few days.

Whenever you have the time.. please do insha Allaah.

Umar001
07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Im confused, so they make you pay according to how long you've stayed there? Escuse my naivity, but I thought you could just kinda ride a camel to saudi or something, or a boat to africa.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-09-2007, 12:12 PM

JazakAllah khayr all. I have some new questions:

What else apart from Arabic did you do in your years there?

If ur leaving Dammaj and after a few years and you have say alot of Books because 4 years of studying your going to have alot of books and books full of notes. Is it hard to travel through with a lot of weight and would you recommend a brother or a sister knowing Arabic before they go to Dammaj?

What Arabic books did you go through? Jazakallah khayr.

umm-sulaim
07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Al-Habeshi, yh that's what your meant to do, you pay the hefty sum ravenous was referrin to (gharaamah) when you're leavin, ppl do this usually cos they wanna go back, or cos it's the law of the country. If you don't pay n you re-enter Yemen they'd be like hey where's ur khurouj (exit) stamp.
Those that leave n can't afford to pay the penalty money get a stamp with no-return on it.
It's usually our brothers straight from the east that don't want all this hassle and since they didn't come in through airports get boats to Africa or hitch rides to Saudi, even though the Saudi route is a bit dangerous if your goin illegally.

If i'm wrong sis's correct me.

Al Muwahhidah we also studied aqeedah, fiqh, science of hadeeth n usoul fiqh.
Yh saheeh after 4 years you're gonna have loadsa stuff to take back with you, but we didn't travel with them. For example I took my aqeedah note book that i cherished the most n a few more note books like that n like 3 text books. As for all the other books we shipped them to the UK, or sometimes if someone's comin back to the UK they carry a few books back for u. Just recently we got the last of our books shipped to us.

As for arabic sis, we didn't know any when we went. Alhamdulillaah we had a wonderful teacher. I think you pick it up quickly cos of the environment so i don't really think it matters if you don't have it. Nowadays teachers for both brothers n sisters are so abundant!
It's recommended that you do qur'aan n arabic for 2 years before any other lessons. We didn't cos we didn't have the patience lolz but that is great advice.
If however you're gonna be here for a while before headin out, then inshaa'Allaah make use of your time n learn arabic. The more you know the quicker you can get the lingo side of stuff out the way n you can dive into all those lovely duruos!

wassalaamu alaykum

amirah_87
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ravenous
What I mean is that even if you go through the trouble of getting all your papers and blood tests, dammaj is on so-called watchlists, so the yemeni government, in order to remain in good standing with their western backers, have to make a show of throwing out people occasionally. That way they show they are tough on extremism, you get me? If you look in their newspapers, they post annual quotas of people arrested in the fight on extremism. It's how they qualify for aid money.

Think of it as a don't ask, don't tell policy. They are smart enough to figure by now that most brothers who enter yemen with short pants and long beards and the sisters with the niqaabs are hoping to head one place, but they turn a blind eye, so long as you don't make a show of your intentions. They won't ask you if you're going, and you don't tell them where your headed, pay your hefty fees, and pass through.

As for paying legally, in a country like yemen, there is no such thing. With no sound bureaucratic system, you are paying thousands of dollars to shady middlemen, who pocket half of it, and give the other half to their contacts. While you end up with no iqaamah. If you enter legally through a mahad, they won't release you or your passport, because if they do, they lose the money you are paying them to keep you in the country, so they essentially hold your passport hostage to prevent you fro going to the D. I've heard of brothers who actually had to fight for or steal their passports from so called salafi mahads!!! I could tell you nightmare story after nightmare story about brothers bein ripped off, but I don't have the time, and it might take me a few days.

The truth is, because their system is so whacked, paying the fines at the end of your stay is actually the only valid way of making sure the money gets to the officials instead of the crooks. Because when you pay your fine, they have an actual system of calculating how much you owe, and an actual release process. To give you an example, I paid 500 USD to a guy who was supposed to give me an iqaamah, which to this day, I have no idea that he ever made. Upon leaving, I had to go the officials and pay a fine on the 9 months I was in Yemen anyway, so I ended up paying double, once to a crook for something I thought was gonna make me legal, and then second to an official for something that cleared me of being illegal!
Iyy Na'am, I understand what you're saying sis.

Saheeh, I've heard of stuff like that happenening wallaahu musta'aan. I've heard of people getting ripped off too SubhanAllah.
As for us I dont think we experienced anything like that walhamdulillaah. It was just pure luck..

But Na'am, I agree that the system can be real whacked, Wallaahul Musta'aan.

ravenous
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Whenever you have the time.. please do insha Allaah.
that would be like me taking days to tell you what not to do, a waste of my time and yours. my suggestion is you ask questions about what you should do, and there are plenty of people available to answer those.

Im confused, so they make you pay according to how long you've stayed there? Escuse my naivity, but I thought you could just kinda ride a camel to saudi or something, or a boat to africa.
you're naivete is excused. we are in a sense, victims of the bureaucracies in which we are born. if you are arab or african, chances are you don't even have a passport or know when you are born, so you might be able to hitch a ride on a camel (cringes at stereotype...just because we are in the UK or America doesn't mean we still ride donkeys or use a horse and cart, they do have cars, you know). Although in most cases you'll still need a passport. a few nationalities have free access into yemen, most arabs can enter without any problem, and palestinians, iraqis and somalis have asylum status. Just so you know, it was originally muslims who created the concept of a passport.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Some more questions, jazakAllah khayr so far:

How much rent for a normal place?

When is the best time of year to go Dammaj?

amirah_87
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullaahi,

The average rent for say a 3 bedroom house over there is roughly $50 it could be more now Allaahu a'lam.

The best time of year to go Dammaaj?
I'd say straight after the Hajj season orr around now. That's because new lessons tend to open alot at those times. :)

ummAbdillah
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
who welcomes new commers and are they given some kind of a timetable
on the lessons?
:wasalamex

umm-sulaim
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
walaykum assalaam wa Rahmatullaah

Unless u have someone you already know there, you don't get welcomed but all new students must report to sheikh Yahya hafidhahullaah upon arrival, and he welcomes u i guess, what's better than that lolz. N people there are really friendly alhamdulillah so don't worry bout that sis.

You don't receive timetables, like many study camps Damaaj isn't organised the way schools are. Depending on your level of islamic knowledge and arabic you request a lesson to be opened for u or u join a class.
Students will advice you on what to study and u can use their experiences to guide you through the lessons you need/want to study. Sometimes teachers will recommend you to study a certain book to help u gain more knowledge in a certain field like fiqh for example, before studying a book of a higher level.

wassalaamu alaykum

Umu 'Isa
07-12-2007, 07:41 AM

I was wondering if any of you know about the jammatul emaan university in sana'a? I know someone who goes there I was just wondering what it's like :D

:w:

amirah_87
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
:sl:

^ Jaami'atul Eemaan it sure rings a bell, was it the place that sister was going to a while back?
I don't know much about it. But I know that ALOT of foreigners go there.

Mawaddah
07-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I think that's the Uni where Az-Zindani taught no? Jaami'atul Iman...

Allahu A'lam i'm pretty sure it's that though.

umm-sulaim
07-13-2007, 10:12 AM
yh maw..it's Directed by a brother called Zindaani and well the ulemaa (scholars) criticise him n the uni highly. :X

wassalaamu alaykum

Mawaddah
07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Aaahh Saheeh saheeeh, Zindaani's place. How could I forget! lol :D

I thought it rang a bell. But yeah, It's criticised highly. Mainly in the aspects of the deen right? Aqeedah and such..

Edit: OoOops. :-[

- amirah

umm-sulaim
07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
yh exactly sis...

Alhamdulillaah there are plenty of other places to study in Yemen innit

Umu 'Isa
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
oh really? subhan Allaah. I heard they talk about jihad too much there too. Way too much.

barak Allaah feekum!

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM

How much for a one bedroom place?

And what level are you guys at in terms of speaking arabic? Can you write, speak and read (taking good fast notes, writing essays or letters) like the way you do in English?

Sorry about all these questions!

umm-sulaim
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Wa alaykum assalaam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatukh

When we were there rooms ranged from anything between $200-$500 dollars, but it could be more or less than that sis, cos it depends on the size of the room and if it was renovated n stuff. You'll find that rooms being sold by brothers from the west tend to cost more bacuse of the work they put into it.
Sometimes they would share a house n chip in on the rent. Sisters don't have single rooms though, they're expected to be with their family.
Prices may have increased, there was a period where all the prices went sky high...i dunno how things are at the moment sis.

As for the arabic, yh alhamdulillaah we're able to take fast notes etc, just like in english. Some lessons like the sheikha Aisha's n sheikh Yahya's (hafidhuma Allaah) are just lectures, u write down what u get, n since u don't wanna miss anything, u learn to write everything she/he says.

wassalaamu alaykum

ummAbdillah
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Were there any sisters that spoke good english when you were in Dammaj?
(I am sorry this question might have been asked before...)

umm-sulaim
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
wa alaykum assalaam

Yeah sis, there were sisters from the UK, the USA n sisters from France who spoke good english. Now there are even more sisters from the west maasha'Allaah!

ummAbdillah
07-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Asalamu Alaykum,
MashaAllah, that's great, Jazakillah Khayr for the quick reply.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Which books on Fiqh and Usool Fiqh do they teach there inshallah? Also if possible, the other books on Sciences of hadeeth and Aqeeda?

thirdwatch512
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
yemen = third nicest muslim country in the middle east. go for it!

amirah_87
07-20-2007, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah

Which books on Fiqh and Usool Fiqh do they teach there inshallah? Also if possible, the other books on Sciences of hadeeth and Aqeeda?
From the Books in Fiqh that are taught there:

- Bukhari.
- Muslim.
- Al Mustadrak.
- Umdatul Ahkaam.
- Buluughul Maraam.
- Subul As-salaam
- Ad Daraareey al-Mudee'ah.
- Ad Durarul Bahiyyah
- Kitaab as-sunnah.
- Al Warqaat fee Usuul Al-Fiqh.
- Nadhamul Waraqaat.
- Al-Mulakhass al-Fiqhiyy (Fawzaan)
- Al Muntaqaa Al-Akhbaar.
- Al Qawaa'idul fiqhiyyah.
- Sifatus-Salaatun-Nabee.
- Al Muhallaa.

.. And more.

Aqeedah/Tawheed:

- Usuul At-Thalaatha.
- Qawlul Mufeed.
- Qawaa'idul Arba'a.
- Qawaa'idul Muthlaa.
- Luma'tul 'Itiqaad.
- Usuul Al Imaan.
- Kitaab At-Tawheed.
- Fathul Majeed.
- Aqeedatul Wasitiyyah ( + The Sharh).
- Aqeedatut-Tahaawiyyah ( + The Sharh).
- Aqeedatul Hamawiyyah.
- Tatheerul I'tiqaad.
- Ar-Risaalatul Waafiyah Fil I'tiqaad.

.. And more.

Mustalah (Science of Hadith):

- Sharh Al-Bayquuniyyah.
- Al-Baa'ith aL-Hatheeth.
- Nuzhatun Nadhr
- Nukhbatul Fikr.
- At-Taqyeed wal Iydaah.
- Tayseerul Mutsalah.
- Tawaabit al jarh wa ta'deel.
- Al Muwaaqtha.
- Lessons on Baht (Research).

Al Usuul:

- Al Usuul min Ilmil Usuul.
- Al Waraqaat.
- Sharh Al Waraqaat.
- Al Lam'u.
- Mudhaakiratu Usuul Al-Fiqh.
- Ar-Risaalah.

There are also lessons in Tafseer, Imlaa (Handwritting) , Talqeen Al Qur'aan, Tajweed, Arabic Nahw (Arabic Syntax), Sarf (Conjugation), Balaagha (Arabic Eloquence), The study of giving sermons, Studying styles of arabic poetry & Inheritance.

I hope that helps inshaAllah.

If I've missed anything out Akhwaatiy, please add it in.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-21-2007, 02:23 PM

Very helpful mashaAllah. JazakAllah khayr.

Maimunah
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
woooooooooow mashaAllah

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Perhaps you sisters could do a study circle on usool ath-thalaatha?:happy:

mujahideenryder
08-20-2007, 05:07 PM
there is also dar ul mustafa in Tarim, Yemen

Abdelraheem
08-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Salam alaykum

I have a request for the brothers and sisters in yemen , could someone kindly post some contact details of brothers dealing in Honey, preferably a shop in the Honey Souq or a trader exporting Honey.

Barakallahufeekum

ravenous
08-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Biggest, most reputable shop in Sana'a, so therefore yemen, located on shaari' al-qasr, opposite al-huda supermarket:
"http://www.al-shifaa.com/feedback.php"
the webpage is all in arabic, so i've just put a link directly to the contact page here. if that doesn't work, try typing in "http://al-shifaa.com" without the "www"

ravenous
08-22-2007, 11:09 AM
i've been there by the way, it's beautiful, and they carry an excellent selection.

Abdelraheem
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
ok thanks I have seen that site before,

Do you know if they have just normal dawani-douani? I know their sidr is a bit expensive. BTW how do i edit -delete the excess posts i made on this thread (accidental due to bad connection)

Kittygyal
08-22-2007, 12:42 PM
^ you need 50 posts first then u can edit. No-One can delete there own posts ONLY mods/admin can but u can edit once become full active member. ISA

Abdelraheem
08-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Salam ravenous that site doesnt work for me the homepage opens and when i try to choose an option nothing happens. Do you know of a any other traders.

I want to buy wholesale I think they are too big to deal with me at the price I want, and the Small qty Im after.

thanks

amirah_87
08-22-2007, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdelraheem
Salam alaykum , to the brother in sisters a small request please can someone post some contact details for a reputable honey shop or trader in Sanaa Yemen please.

Jazakhallahukhayr

Al-Shifa For Yemeni Honey, Yemen

Head Office: Al-Zubairy Str, Al-Matari Building , Sana'a - Yemen.
Tel: (967-1)498000-498498 - Fax: (967-1)441080
e-mail: info@al-shifaa.com , Web site: www.al-shifaa.com

Source

Do you know if they have just normal dawani-douani? I know their sidr is a bit expensive.
The Dawa'ani being the best in quality is the most expensive type of Honey over there I'd have to say.
I cant remember whether they sell that type in Al Shifaa' though, but I have a strong feeling they do cause they have a wide range mashaAllah, Wallaahu a'lam.

Abdelraheem
08-22-2007, 08:15 PM
salam alaykum

thanks for the help, I believe sidr maliki is most expensive which is from douan, there are some normal douani honeys like mixed types much yet health benefits.

btw amirah_87 can you delete the first two posts i made in particular the one you quoted, My net kept logging off and before i knew it I had posted 3 incorrect posts.

please ask a admin to at least remove the first one, which you quoted.

amirah_87
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Updating Dammaaj:

Everything's back to normal and some phonelines are back n' running walhamdulillaah. :)

isa123
10-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatu.

Jazaakamullahu khayr for the information everyone has provided. I have a few questions though.

1 - If anyone has been to Damaj recently, how much exactly (in british pounds) per month for a single person.

2 - How far away from the duroos is the furthest house that you can rent.

3 - Is there malaria, mosquitos or any other types of diseases in Damaj.

4 - Other than accomodation, what do you really need to spend your money on.

5 - how much is a motor/generator for electric (in british pounds)

6 - Can you get the proper Sidr honey (not the sugar one) in Damaj and if you can how much.

This is all I could think of for now but if anyone could answer them I would be most grateful. Jazaakamullahu khayr wa Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatu.

jihaadu nafs
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
how do you apply to studdy at damaaj, and how can you get accomadation

amirah_87
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by isa123
Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatu.

Jazaakamullahu khayr for the information everyone has provided. I have a few questions though.
Wa alaykum as salaam,

1 - If anyone has been to Damaj recently, how much exactly (in british pounds) per month for a single person.
I haven't been to Dammaaj since '05, but inshaAllaah I'll answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

The amount for a single person to live on varies. It depends on whether the person wants to live simply or lavishly. I'd say the monthly expense for a single person is around $50-100 (£25-50). Setting aside the rent which is about £25 max a month.
For singles brothers they have their own section (dormitories) which is located away from the other houses. You can either buy your own (which isn't that expensive) or rent one.

2 - How far away from the duroos is the furthest house that you can rent.
The furthest house is about a 15-20 walk fromt the masjid. Allaahu a'lam if they're available for rent.

3 - Is there malaria, mosquitos or any other types of diseases in Damaj.
Yes there is. Not the lethal type though. There's also Typhoid. People get Arthritis from the cold in the winter.
You've just got to make sure you look after your health out there and not to take any risks.
Take a Misquito net with you. Vitamins, basic medicines .. etc

4 - Other than accomodation, what do you really need to spend your money on.
Food, Books, The electricity bill (if you don't have your own Motor) and phone bill. The bill's aren't expensive at all, The phone bills used to cost us 2,000 YRI max, which is roughly $10 (£5)
5 - how much is a motor/generator for electric (in british pounds)
They're about $100+ (£50+).

6 - Can you get the proper Sidr honey (not the sugar one) in Damaj and if you can how much.
I'm not too sure if Sidr can be found In Dammaaj. I have a strong feeling it can, but if it's not available you can always asks one of the Yemeni or Somali brothers to get it for you when they're going to Sa'dah or San'aa.

This is all I could think of for now but if anyone could answer them I would be most grateful. Jazaakamullahu khayr wa Salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatu.
Wa Iyyaak. Hope that helped.

Wa 'alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullaaahi wa baarkaatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Alhamdulillaah, i have rekindled my desire to study in dammaaj, but im wondering who is the new sheikh after sheikh muqbil?

also if we study in dammaaj would we be able to visit awlaki in sana' prison?

amirah_87
11-16-2007, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jihaadu nafs
how do you apply to studdy at damaaj, and how can you get accomadation
If you meet and approve of those four requirements mentioned on this thread earlier. All you need to do is phone the Sheikh to inform him that you'll be coming. Pack your bags.. and go! Walalahu a'lam

Accomadation if you don't know anyone there at the moment, you'll only be able to sort it out once you're over theer inshaAllaah.

Hope all goes well.

amirah_87
11-16-2007, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Alhamdulillaah, i have rekindled my desire to study in dammaaj, but im wondering who is the new sheikh after sheikh muqbil?
Wa 'alaykum as aalam wa arahamtullaah,

MashaAllaah!

The next Sheikh after Sheikh Muqbil is his Student/Predecessor; Yahya bin 'Ali Al-Hujuuriy.

also if we study in dammaaj would we be able to visit awlaki in sana' prison?
Foriegners have been demanded to be sent back to their countries by their governments. So authorities are always on the look out for us there. Walking into a Prison would just be a fast track ticket home for you..

jihaadu nafs
11-16-2007, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
If All you need to do is phone the Sheikh to inform him that you'll be coming. Pack your bags.. and go! Walalahu a'lam

mashaa allah you make everything soo easy

al-muslimah
11-17-2007, 12:43 AM
My father is planning to send me to an islamic university next year in sulaalah, oman you can try there they have nice universties in sudan my uncle is a scholar there and i might live with him there while studying he is in his last year in isalmic university and well get his master's degree i shariah inshallah.He's like 23 if he did all that you youth of Islam can do it to.

Nájlá
11-19-2007, 08:30 AM
i am from yemen but i live in the uk and i've got a family there i'll ask them. i hope i can get information from them.

Abdullah Al-Kas
12-09-2007, 01:39 PM
As Selam A3leikum iam from Germany barakallhu fikum
Can i get a visa to dammaj and go every 2 Jears back to germany for dawa

truemuslim
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Anonumous 2!

Salaam :) ,
My parents r origninally 4rm yemen..
Yes Yemen is da best place masha'allah

me 2.. i love yemen... its beautiful, i just came back from there not too long ago... You should stuy somewhere nice... my fave place is Aden...LOVELY, and if you swim in the sea there, you can say you swan in the arabian sea, lol. I got seashells from there when I went on vacation. Also another nice place there is Al-Hudaida or Ibb... taiiz..hmm...a bit boring for studying but still lovely.

Beblessed
12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
me 2.. i love yemen... its beautiful, i just came back from there not too long ago... You should stuy somewhere nice... my fave place is Aden...LOVELY, and if you swim in the sea there, you can say you swan in the arabian sea, lol. I got seashells from there when I went on vacation. Also another nice place there is Al-Hudaida or Ibb... taiiz..hmm...a bit boring for studying but still lovely.
mashallah I went to Aden too lol I love it there especially the sea in Aden :D
btw i went there in October was great! :shade:
and inshallah when i go back to yemen i'll check out damaaj (sa3daa)

AHMED_GUREY
12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Sana'a old quarter of the city

Panorama

truemuslim
12-12-2007, 03:49 AM
and now time to go to the beautiful parts of yemen. :

:D

truemuslim
12-12-2007, 11:47 PM
does no1 find yemen amazing?

syilla
12-13-2007, 03:14 AM
MashaAllah, it is amazing... :)

syilla
12-13-2007, 03:26 AM
do u think you can post more pics

Ummu Sufyaan
12-13-2007, 03:39 AM
sis, truemuslim, dumb qn, but are those pics real??

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
sis, truemuslim, dumb qn, but are those pics real??

lol yea, do u mean if they are drawn or if they are really in yemen? yes, they are real..not drawn. and yes i will post more.

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 03:49 AM
Here:

wow..thats as much as i can

umm-sulaim
12-15-2007, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah Al-Kas
As Selam A3leikum iam from Germany barakallhu fikum
Can i get a visa to dammaj and go every 2 Jears back to germany for dawa
Wa alaykum ussalaam wa rahmatullaah

I think it is possible for you to go back every 2 years, however sometimes it's tricky to leave Dammaaj as foreigners take the back root (mountains) but more difficult than that is coming into Yemen as they will ask you about the nature of your visit etc so they might make the obtainment of your visa slightly difficult...
The past few months however, people have been going to Dammaaj with no problems alhamdulillaah.

May Allaah make your journey easy for you.

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM

^^^ Yes, alhamdulillah my friend went to dammaaj with her brother in November and it was fairly easy for her.

Al-Hanbali
12-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Do you have to like apply for a place at the institutions or is it just like you go there and sit in the lectures etc?

umm-sulaim
12-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Wa alaykum ussalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Alhamdulillaah in Dammaaj we don't have to enroll or apply and stuff like that. But what you must do is, upon arrival go to Sheikh Yahya (hafidhahullaah) and inform him of your presence and generally introduce yourself. This is one the conditions of your stay and is seen as a part of the mannerisms of seeking knowledge.

Once you have done that you introduce yourself to brothers or go straight to the masjid and look for a teacher/lessons. It's usually better to take a Arabic speaking foreigner with you to assist you.

wassalaamu alaykum

Al-Hanbali
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM

Oh masha'Allah, thats good.

And what about the accomadation>

umm-sulaim
12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Wa alaykum ussalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

As for accommodation, single brothers tend to rent rooms in an area specifically for the 3uzzaab (single brothers) or they could rent a room in a house shared by other brothers or alternatively they could sleep in the masjid, Most foreigners tend to opt for the first 2 though. Rent is usually around $50 a month, but this can vary depending on the size of the room.

We're told that now many people are buying land in Dammaaj (you don't have full ownership, the landlord still owns it too) and houses are being sold now from around $6,000 to $9,000.

amirah_87
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM

Yeah.. MashaAllaah for those who are looking to buy a house, Houses seem to be getting cheaper. :)

Maimunah
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
oh mashaAllah. that sounds good. make dua 4 me as i wana go inshaAllah.

amirah_87
12-19-2007, 10:16 PM

^ InshaAllaah, If you're interested in going within the next year, and you're looking to buy a house soon. Drop me (or umm-sulaim) a PM and we just might be able to help you out inshaAllaah.

May Allaah make everything easier for both you and your ba'al (zawj).

Al-Hanbali
12-19-2007, 10:19 PM

Jazakumullah Khair for the info.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-20-2007, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
Wa alaykum ussalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Alhamdulillaah in Dammaaj we don't have to enroll or apply and stuff like that. But what you must do is, upon arrival go to Sheikh Yahya (hafidhahullaah) and inform him of your presence and generally introduce yourself. This is one the conditions of your stay and is seen as a part of the mannerisms of seeking knowledge.

Once you have done that you introduce yourself to brothers or go straight to the masjid and look for a teacher/lessons. It's usually better to take a Arabic speaking foreigner with you to assist you.

wassalaamu alaykum
is that all. wow. easy huh?:sunny: is this uni called jama3at ul-imaan by any vhance, or this tht something completely different...

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM

As far as I know, it's called 'Daarul Hadeeth'. Allaahu A'lam.

amirah_87
12-20-2007, 05:55 PM
is that all. wow. easy huh?:sunny: is this uni called jama3at ul-imaan by any vhance, or this tht something completely different...

That's something completely different. That Jaami'ah is based in Sana'a (capital city of Yemen, whereas Dammaaj is based in the town of Sa'dah) and those who run it aren't from Ahlus-sunnah. Wallaahu a'lam.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-21-2007, 10:32 AM
okay, now im confused...i thought dammaaj was a city? its really a uni :? and i thought all yemenis were ahl us-sunnah :?
p.s sis amirah, i didnt appreciate your present :p, and im not ya fan the moment. grrr. :D

truemuslim
12-21-2007, 06:14 PM
^^^ noway, im not sunnah, niether are about 100 other people i knowqi n yemen...lol

amirah_87
12-21-2007, 09:17 PM
okay, now im confused...i thought dammaaj was a city? its really a uni :? and i thought all yemenis were ahl us-sunna
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Dammaaj is a village in the town of sa'dah. It neither a City nor a Uni Darl'. :p

And about all Yemenis being Ahlus-sunnaah. Lol that gave me a good chuckle! :D
Naah they ain't all ahlus-sunnah ukhtiy, just like sister truemuslim said. The Ahlus-sunnah are infact the minority and Allaah knows best. More than half the countries popultaion is mainly Shi'ite and all that branches off from that such as the; Ruwaafidh, Zaidi, Ja'fari and all the other Ahluz-zayq wadh-dhalaalah wal-'iyaathu billaah..
They're even Yemeni Jews, they have their own designated towns and all too.

[p.s sis amirah, i didnt appreciate your present :p, and im not ya fan the moment. grrr. :D
Awww how come?! :giggling: Qaala Ta'alaa: "Wa la-inn shakrtum la-azeedannakum, wa la-in kafartum.... inna 'athaabiy la-shadeed!"

:p

Ummu Sufyaan
12-22-2007, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Dammaaj is a village in the town of sa'dah. It ain't a city Darl'. :p

And about all Yemenis being Ahlus-sunnaah. Lol that gave me a good chuckle! :D
really, what a let down imsad. so there's weirdos there too huh? :X i thought it was one of the normal countries. imsad
They're even Yemeni Jews, they have their own designated towns and all too.
yeah, i knew about that one :sunny:

Awww how come?! :giggling:
:p
uff uff! :raging::mad: :p:D

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 02:52 AM
oh, im not sunnah, we are...in the middle... following rasulallah. so i aint sunnah or shi'a.

munssif
01-04-2008, 04:11 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,
i have heard Yemen is a better place to study the ISlamic teaching in a pure way.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
^^^ it is... in ramadan someone got arrested for breaking fast before the time during the entire ramadan by smoking, drinking and chewing... gosh its sick... but thats why there are lots of muslims there... lovely

plus there are quraan schools in the mosques for free and anyone is allowed there...boys..any boys are allowed there... girls...even better a lady teacher comes to your house and teaches u quraan, i learned all i kno from her...plus tajweed

anonymous
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Jazakallah khayr to the sisters for being very patient and helpful in this thread. I'd really appreciate it if you could answer some more below:

1. Someone asked what time of year one should go to Yemen, but are there any official term dates or anything? Is it a matter of going whenever you want and just jumping into something? What about taking holidays - are there any fixed times/allowances... will you miss out on studies if you visit home?

2. I'm a bit worried about the freelance style of the studying... does it allow you to understand properly and take sufficient notes? Especially with so many students, it may be difficult to get much attention from teachers. You did say that things get repeated, but how often would that be?

3. This is more of a general question - I assume a lot of memorising of texts in involved, so how does one retain all that knowledge after leaving Yemen? In your experience, have you had much difficulty or anything... have you been teaching etc.

4. About making arrangements to go, if I've got this right, I should do the following (correct if wrong):
- Contact Shaykh Yahya and send him any information as required
- Go about the normal stuff as if going to Yemen for a holiday
- Go to the Masjid in San'a and get a ride to Dammaj.

5. I'm still a bit unsure about the fine upon leaving... will somebody take your passport until you decide to leave the place? Will it be a bigger fine if you stay for longer? Is this what causes people to go back quicker?

6. Lastly, I read there aren't many jobs available there. Does that include teaching English there - is there any opportunity for it, or any other way to earn something to keep going?

May Allah reward you for your help, ameen.

Nájlá
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
6. Lastly, I read there aren't many jobs available there. Does that include teaching English there - is there any opportunity for it, or any other way to earn something to keep going?

erm i am yemeni and i lived in yemen for 8 years and now i just go there for holidays and i am sure that there will jobs their especially if u are an english teacher because some primary schools dont have an english lesson until they go to secondry school and thats because there isnt enough english teachers to go to every schools.. but u could take privet lessons that will mean the teacher to go to the student house....

i hope i have gave u a good answer to ur question but that is all i know even though i lived 8 years in yemen and still go there for holidays.:sunny::sunny:

truemuslim
01-08-2008, 12:06 AM
OH YEAH DEFIDENTALY ^^^ in this one school, its all english but every one has a really bad accent in english so if you go the kids would learn MUCH better... its private... "mohammed ali othman" is its name...

umm-sulaim
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM

Jazakallah khayr to the sisters for being very patient and helpful in this thread. I'd really appreciate it if you could answer some more below:

1. Someone asked what time of year one should go to Yemen, but are there any official term dates or anything? Is it a matter of going whenever you want and just jumping into something? What about taking holidays - are there any fixed times/allowances... will you miss out on studies if you visit home?

2. I'm a bit worried about the freelance style of the studying... does it allow you to understand properly and take sufficient notes? Especially with so many students, it may be difficult to get much attention from teachers. You did say that things get repeated, but how often would that be?

3. This is more of a general question - I assume a lot of memorising of texts in involved, so how does one retain all that knowledge after leaving Yemen? In your experience, have you had much difficulty or anything... have you been teaching etc.

4. About making arrangements to go, if I've got this right, I should do the following (correct if wrong):
- Contact Shaykh Yahya and send him any information as required
- Go about the normal stuff as if going to Yemen for a holiday
- Go to the Masjid in San'a and get a ride to Dammaj.

5. I'm still a bit unsure about the fine upon leaving... will somebody take your passport until you decide to leave the place? Will it be a bigger fine if you stay for longer? Is this what causes people to go back quicker?

Wa alaykum ussalaam wa rahmatullaah,

1. There isn't a specific time one should go, I guess that is upto the individual inshaa'Allaah but most lessons start in the summer, so it might be good to go at this time...

2. Alhamdulillaah with the freelance style teaching there are various ways you could study...If you feel that perhaps you will not benefit in a big group as much as you would on your own, then it's up to you to find a teacher who is willing to teach you privately but alhamdulillaah this is not uncommon...Also you can record lessons. People also revise in pairs, I mean that you and someone else in your class can revise all your notes together Inshaa'Allaah, many students if not all do this...
In popular lessons were many students attend they print out malzamahs (the teacher's notes, or a student's notes) and you can buy it for a very cheap price...

3. Yes, every lesson you learn you're expected to memorise the matan (handbooks of original texts) plus your quraan on top of that...We're told that our studies are half understanding and half memory. I find this the most challenging here...You have to try your best to maintain everything you memorised and studied. We do teach so alhamdulillaah some lessons may stick more than others now...

4. That's right, or you could contact sheikh Yahya hafidhahullaah upon arrival...

5. If you don't pay the fine and you attempt to leave they could take your passport until the fine is payed. In some circumstances people request a no return stamp so leave without paying anything but if you want to come back...this wouldn't be a good option. In extreme circumstances people may be imrisoned...I think it's best to get a years visa so that If you did need to return or go on a holiday etc you could leave hassle free and come back the same way inshaa'Allaah

6. If you mean in Damaaj, then yeah you'd be right, there aren't really jobs there unless you intend to open your own business or use a certain skill you have like carpentry, plumming, sewing, electrician and book binding (these are some jobs there) But in San'aa etc we're told that teachers are demanded especially English teachers. In Dammaaj what some students do is buy another house and rent it out and live off that throughout their stay...

Hope you find this useful Inshaa'Allaah

Wassalaamu alaykum

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM

In Dammaaj what some students do is buy another house and rent it out and live off that throughout their stay...
That's really clever! Could you live like that forever...or... is it too risky?

umm-sulaim
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
wa alaykum ussalam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

I reckon you could you know, maasha'Allaah because new people are always coming, Allaahu a3lam though...

adeeb
01-10-2008, 02:06 PM
i heard dammaj is the best place to study islam... many islamic scholars were from there...:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

it's going to be a great opportunity for u to go there...i hope i can go there in the future , insya Allah...

May Allah make it easy for u to study there...:bravo:

Muhammad
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM

On the topic of comparing Dammaaj to Madeenah, I have heard that Madeenah would be better as a starting place, because there are many scholars there who are easy to access as they are in one place, and the style of teaching is more structured. And in terms of lifestyle, it would be easier to live in Madeenah compared to the simplicity of life found in Yemen.

At the end of the day, someone who really wants to study and benefit can do so in either place, and anyone who isn't so serious won't benefit anywhere or maybe very little only.

This is what I have heard, and Allaah (swt) knows best.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
wa alaykum ussalam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

I reckon you could you know, maasha'Allaah because new people are always coming, Allaahu a3lam though...

Wow, subhanAllaah. How much would a house for an average-sized family cost, roughly? And are a lot of the landowners trustworthy?

amirah_87
01-16-2008, 09:39 PM

How much would a house for an average-sized family cost, roughly?
An average sized house would cost about $6-9,000 . It depends on where it's situated, how many bedrooms, whether it's furnished or not..etc

And are a lot of the landowners trustworthy?
Some of the landowners are trustworthy and some aren't. The trustworthy one's are usually the native tullaab (students of knowledge) and the not-so trustworthy one's are the 'awwaam (non-practicing natives), but that's not always the case.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-17-2008, 02:29 PM

JazakAllaah khayr!

Al-Hanbali
01-17-2008, 02:36 PM

I was advised that if you are intending on studying arabic language, its better to study somewhere like Egypt, because the simple living conditions in Dammaaj may be very difficult for us foreigners to get accustomed to.

Umm Yoosuf
01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

Poem about Dammaj with pictures.

http://musamills.wordpress.com/2007/...with-pictures/

ummAbdillah
01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
ohh its good mashaAllah! jazakillah khair! :w:

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-18-2008, 06:35 PM

Picture from inside the Masjid:

Another Picture from inside the Masjid:

Source

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Shaykh Muhammad al-Bannaa on the Allegations that the Students of Shaykh Muqbil Have Changed After His Death - Shaykh Muhammad Ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab al-Bannaa refutes that allegation that the students of Shaykh Muqbil (d.1421H) have changed and altered after his death. He further clarifies that the school of Shaykh Muqbil in Dammaaj is the best place today to learn true Salafiyyah with knowledge and action.

Media Tags are no longer supported

MaashaAllaah. :thumbs_up

strict2thesunna
10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
salaamualaikum,
I know this topic is pretty old, but ya ikhwa I want to go to dammaj immediatly but i have no contacts there, so if anyone can help me, please EMAIL ME AT <link removed by moderator> , b/c i might not come back on the site..
jazakumAllahu Khairun.

strict2thesunna
05-26-2009, 06:06 PM
is no one going to help me

Yanal
05-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Perhaps no one is from there...

7oor El 3ayn
06-14-2009, 08:33 AM
I hope this helps inshaALLAH:

http://fearthedunya.wordpress.com/20...-damaaj-yemen/

inshaALLAH, someday I will go to Dammaj to study *smiles*

sudais1
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
who can inform me with regards to Iman University? :D
Last I heard that our beloved Imam Awlaki was teaching classes there? Can someone verify this?

syilla
08-28-2009, 02:42 AM
I found a nice blog on yemen... thought of sharing

http://thedowra.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

malayloveislam
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I checked the record of my paternal grandfather village opening because before this I found that my family background in Malaysia is quite obscure. Later when I consult the people from the village and, I find out that my first ancestor entered here in 17th C as a missionary due to local royal request and he's from Yemen... Would like to check, is a place called al-Mahdali exist in Yemen? How far is it from Yemen's capital? Thanks...

Apathy
09-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Jazak Allah for this informative thread, i am my self going to study abroad next year insh'Allah! just need permission from the folks imsad but Insh'Allah it will work out!

*Maysun
08-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Now new plac they opened called FIUWSH (Sheikh Abdulrahamaan Almaree)

أبو سليمان عمر
11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Maysun
Now new plac they opened called FIUWSH (Sheikh Abdulrahamaan Almaree)
Asalamu alaykum this place you have mentioned is a place that should be avoided Barak Allah feek Also i seen someone ask about Jamitul iman and this is a place of dunya not deen there are many marakz in yemen and the mother of them all is Dammaj that is the place for those who can get there should try

as for dammaj it is a place of seeking ilm for the sake of Allah no diploma if a person can get there they should they have over 50 classes a day for the brothers and there are class for the sisters by Shyakhh Muqbils daughter and shaykh yahya wife and some other sister who teach there you can learn anything to do with deen Aqeedah fiqh arabic tafsir seerah u naam it they teach it and All based on Kitab wa sunnah as understood but the salaf of this ummah i would leave u with what some scholars say about dammaj and shaykh yahya

A questioner asked: Is it not as some of the people say that they (the
students of Dammaaj) have changed and replaced (the good) after the
death of Shaikh Muqbil?

The Shaikh answered: By Allah I don't know what to say. By Allah I
don't know what to say. I mean right now the best place if you want to
learn the true salafiyyah with knowledge and action is Dammaaj; I
swear by Allah. The penniless cheaters ['al khawaan al muflisoon'
which is a play of words on "al ikhwan al muslimoon" - the muslim
brotherhood] have entered Makkah and spoilt it, by Allah. So the one
who wants to learn the correct salafiyyah with action (then it is) in
Dammaaj.

Then the shaikh said, "By Allah they are the best of people now."

(This was recorded a few months before Ramadan 1429 and the tape is
available at Al Yaqadah Tape Shop in Sanaa)

Attachment 4179 is the full article

أبو سليمان عمر
11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
BUT...I agree that study Islam in Dammaj is one of the best :thumbs_up :peace: . And beside Dammaj you can also study in syaikh Abul Hasan's camp, where? I forget :rolleyes: But also in Yemen. Maybe our sisters here can help. Insha Allah.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
naam akhi Dammaj is one of the best places to go but as for abul hasan almisre well read what scholars have said about him His is an evil man and should not seek knowldge with him .. This knowledge Is Deen, So Look To The One You Take Your Deen

Umm-Ruqayyah
11-19-2010, 04:29 AM
Bismilaahi Rahmaani Rahiem

Yes Damaaj is a great place to study!

I live in Sana'a Yemen for 1 year now. Yemen in general is a good country to live in if you want to practice your deen. Many 'awaam accept what you say to them about the deen, that for example music is haraam. Ok they might still listen to it, but many of them will not attack you about these issues.

Even in Sana'a there are many maraakaz where you can study. The most famous ones are:

* Sharqain
* Masjid al- khair

أبو سليمان عمر
11-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Bismilaahi Rahmaani Rahiem

Yes Damaaj is a great place to study!
indeed
I live in Sana'a Yemen for 1 year now. Yemen in general is a good country to live in if you want to practice your deen. Many 'awaam accept what you say to them about the deen, that for example music is haraam. Ok they might still listen to it, but many of them will not attack you about these issues.
yes very true for the most part
Even in Sana'a there are many maraakaz where you can study. The most famous ones are:
i dont know if there is many but there are a few insha Allah
* Sharqain
i wont recommand this one it isnt what it use to be Barak Allah feeki
* Masjid al- khair
naam the one with muhammed asummali?there is also misjid bashir alkhair for shyakh ali alhajaji

Brasco
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
بسم الله
والحمد لله
والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Does anyone know if the situation has changed in regard of foreigners? Can they live in Yemen easily? And are there any possibilities to work there just to make ends meet?

Ghazalah
03-02-2011, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco
Does anyone know if the situation has changed in regard of foreigners? Can they live in Yemen easily? And are there any possibilities to work there just to make ends meet?
Despite the protests, my aunty and her family have just left a week ago to live there for three years (her son is to study there inshAllah) but I think if things don't calm down in Yemen then the situation will escalate then soon you won't find an airline that will fly there. My parents are still planning to go this summer, if no European airlines accommodate that then they will fly to Arab country (Dubai, Qatar) and take it from there inshAllah.

In regards to work it depends, if you know English fluently as well as fusa7 arby and Yemeni araby you should find a job okayish, else things are quite tough.

Brasco
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
The job is needed for getting by. I mean, I do not want something major or the like. I just would like to study at Dammaj and I want to work just to have enough money for the time I am there.

Ghazalah
03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
If you have contacts that can get you a job there it'll be better for you. Bear in mind most jobs are not as organised as they are here, I have a cousin who was a taxi driver and studying at the same time, they would randomly call him to do rounds but he couldn't he would be in class so they sacked him :hmm: So inshAllaah look for one that won't intervene with your studies. Are you looking for a city job? Or like, closer to Dammaj? Less travelling methinks..

Brasco
03-03-2011, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
If you have contacts that can get you a job there it'll be better for you. Bear in mind most jobs are not as organised as they are here, I have a cousin who was a taxi driver and studying at the same time, they would randomly call him to do rounds but he couldn't he would be in class so they sacked him :hmm: So inshAllaah look for one that won't intervene with your studies. Are you looking for a city job? Or like, closer to Dammaj? Less travelling methinks..

It would be great if the job was close to Dammaj and even a job on a farm would be okay.

*Maysun
03-04-2011, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
Asalamu alaykum this place you have mentioned is a place that should be avoided Barak Allah feek Also i seen someone ask about Jamitul iman and this is a place of dunya not deen there are many marakz in yemen and the mother of them all is Dammaj that is the place for those who can get there should try

as for dammaj it is a place of seeking ilm for the sake of Allah no diploma if a person can get there they should they have over 50 classes a day for the brothers and there are class for the sisters by Shyakhh Muqbils daughter and shaykh yahya wife and some other sister who teach there you can learn anything to do with deen Aqeedah fiqh arabic tafsir seerah u naam it they teach it and All based on Kitab wa sunnah as understood but the salaf of this ummah i would leave u with what some scholars say about dammaj and shaykh yahya

A questioner asked: Is it not as some of the people say that they (the
students of Dammaaj) have changed and replaced (the good) after the
death of Shaikh Muqbil?

The Shaikh answered: By Allah I don't know what to say. By Allah I
don't know what to say. I mean right now the best place if you want to
learn the true salafiyyah with knowledge and action is Dammaaj; I
swear by Allah. The penniless cheaters ['al khawaan al muflisoon'
which is a play of words on "al ikhwan al muslimoon" - the muslim
brotherhood] have entered Makkah and spoilt it, by Allah. So the one
who wants to learn the correct salafiyyah with action (then it is) in
Dammaaj.

Then the shaikh said, "By Allah they are the best of people now."

(This was recorded a few months before Ramadan 1429 and the tape is
available at Al Yaqadah Tape Shop in Sanaa)

Attachment 4179 is the full article

You are wrong to say this

because i went there?? have you seen there first????

its a place to study deen only..
its like dammaj .. nothing difference.. :: Sheikh Yahya and Sheikh Abdulrahman Maree are the students of Sheikh Muqbil
.. Sheikh Yahya is the responsibilty of Dammaj .. and Sheikh Abdulrahman Maree is responsibilty of Fuwish

the two places are The markaz of Salaaf

وبالله التوفيق

zcassy
04-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Brother,

I heard they have stopped teaching is Dammaj because of the war. Have they resumed teaching now? Do you have the latest information about Studying and living in Dammaj.

Any information will be appreciated

Jazakallah Khairan

zcassy
04-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Brother,

I heard they have stopped teaching is Dammaj because of the war. Have they resumed teaching now? Do you have the latest information about Studying and living in Dammaj.

Any information will be appreciated

Jazakallah Khairan

Banu_Hashim
04-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Would you say that Yemen is less structured (or more flexible, depends how you want to look at it) in terms of classes, lectures, subjects etc than the Islamic University in Madinah?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.