/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Covering up??

Maidah
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
I have never worn the hijab before and i just recently started. That is all fine but i don't know why i also feel like wearing the jilbab. My question is that is it obligatory to wear it, and does everyone wear it? Has anyone ever had this doubt where they want to do something but they just cant get themselves to do it? :confused:

Salam

P.S if there are other sisters out there who have been through this how did u get yourself to start wearing it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
02-02-2007, 10:57 PM
salaam sis,

hijab is wajiib because Allah has said in the quraan ""O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed..." (Qur'an 33:59)".

check this link for it might help

http://www.muhajabah.com/hjbscared.htm

as for me, i was raised up with hijaab alhamdulilaah. i never had any difficulty in wearing the hijaab alhamdulilaah. it will easy as soon as you know the command. Allah has said "It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path suraa ahzaab"

may Allah give you the strenght and taqwa sis:)

wasalaam

Um_ahmad
02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Thank you for the site. Its helpful.

lyesh
02-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Assalamualaikum,

:) I've gone through that sis! lol... I started the hijab when I was really young. I wasnt even practicing. But my dad urged me. So i been wearing it for about 6 years. well, then I started practicing Islam.. alhamdulillah. My husband was a good man. and he just gave me advice. never forced me. I always wanted to wear.... but shaitan kept on telling me to get some jilbaab's first, or he'd make me think that I would be fired from job and people would mock at me. anyway..... one day I was listening to this lecture.. and all of a sudden, I wanted to wear the jilbaab. Coz my clothing was not islamically fit even if i wore the hijab. I didnt want even a bit of my shape to be noticed. So that night I wore it. No body even knew I was going to wear it! My husband was really suprised. And I had only one jilbaab when i first started wearing it... lol. But we bought some more few days later. :) wear it sis! when u take a step towards Allah, you'll want to take more! thts the feeling ur getting!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fatimahnz
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatula Iwa Barakatu,

Dear Sister,

Farj Allah, I never experienced that I put a hijab on just before I took my Shahaddah. The person said I didn't have to wear one but I new better Alhamdulilah. I was absolutely furious when I found out that a pair of jeans and a small hijab was not appropriate because people were scared to say anything when I found out I put my nekarb on and apart for a small time frame of a couple of months when shaytan came to me and I took it off. I put my nekarb back on and have never taken it off again. Alhamdulilah I have been muslim for seven years. Hope this helps there are conditions to wearing a covering for the body.

1. Pull your Jalabiah over your whole body.
2. The Hijab should be long
3. The Hijab should not be an attractive color.
4. The Hijah should not be transparent.
5. You should not dress like a man.
6. Your clothes should be loose, loose jeans are no acceptable.
7. No makeup
8. No parfume.

The reason I put it on is because there is a hadith that a woman who exposes her awrah those parts will be thrown into hellfire.

Sister its an act of Ibadaah not a fashion statement as you see so many others doing.

Maidah
02-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Jazakallah khair sisters for your replies. Really helped me to make a wise decision. I hope Allah gives us all streanght to do the right thing and help each other through difficulties.:statisfie

lyesh
02-05-2007, 06:20 AM
wa iyyaki sister!!! we all hope that you'll acheive success! :)
may Allah Help u in everything!
ameen :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-05-2007, 11:08 AM
:salamext:

Ukhtee I went through the same experience about a year ago. What helped me to start wearing it was gaining more knowledge about why Allah Ta'ala has ordered us women to cover up alhamdulillah. I read a few books on the topic of hijab and it opened up my eyes.

Perhaps this thread may be a stepping stone towards gaining more knowledge about how us sisters should cover up inshaAllah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ubstitute.html

:wasalamex

Snowflake
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Alhumdulillah go for it sis. It's very liberating mashaAllah. Personally I had no problem wearing jilbaab/abaya because I was used to wearing long dresses anyway. Now it was just looser ones.

There's advantages too.. like if I feel like lounging around in my PJs all day, I just throw my abaya on top when I go to drop my son off to school. Life is so much easier now. :giggling:

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-05-2007, 11:27 AM
:salamext:

The word jilbaab is very ambiguous nowadays. The link I provided explains clearly what the jilbaab is.:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.