/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Human rights in Chechnya monstrous

Chechen
02-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Chechnya continues to be plagued by abductions, torture, killings and other violations, a think tank said in a report published Monday, calling the scale of human rights violations there monstrous.

Despite the Kremlin's effort to portray the region, devastated by more than a decade of fighting between federal forces and separatist rebels as returning to normal, "nothing has really been normalized," said Tatiana Lokshina, head of Demos, a Moscow-based human rights think tank.

Some 3,000 to 5,000 people have been abducted since the start of the region's second post-Soviet war in 1999, mostly by federal forces or their local allies, Demos said in the 13-page report. Most abductions took place in Chechnya, but some in neighboring provinces such as Ingushetia.

The statistics were obtained by analyzing data provided by several human rights groups operating in Chechnya, Lokshina said. She contrasted the reported abuses with a rebuilding campaign that is transforming Chechnya's main cities.

"Yes, we can and we should be happy for the new freshly painted buildings and the clean streets and the fountains built in Grozny .... but despite all that the human rights situation there remains monstrous," Lokshina told The Associated Press.

Meanwhile, Dmitry Kozak, President Vladimir Putin's envoy to the part of southern Russia that includes Chechnya and neighboring provinces, acknowledged Monday that the region remains volatile and put much of the blame on corruption.

"The main factor destabilizing the situation in southern Russia today and containing economic growth is corruption," Kozak said at a meeting with scholars in the southern city of Rostov-on-Don.

"Nobody is concerned any longer about terrorist activity and crime levels -- everybody is afraid of extortion on the part of authorities, their prejudice, their bias," Kozak said.

But deadly violence persists in Chechnya and other parts of the poor, largely Muslim region known as the North Caucasus.

In Chechnya, three Defense Ministry troops on patrol in an eastern district were killed when they came under heavy fire from between eight and 10 militants, Chechen law enforcement officials said.

One of the militants later killed himself with a grenade blast that also fatally wounded another soldier, the Interior Ministry said. Troops were searching for the remainder of the group, it said.

In Dagestan, on the Caspian Sea adjacent to Chechnya, police and security agents clashed with gunmen holed up in a village early Monday, a law enforcement official said.

A group of two to four militants were believed to have entered Kosyakino from Chechnya, regional Interior Ministry spokeswoman Anzhela Martirosova said.

Fighting broke out before dawn when police and security agents confronted the gunmen and ordered them to surrender, she said. She initially said at least one gunman was killed, but later retracted that statement.

http://kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/.../31/7322.shtml

I can't believe the world is silent about what's going on in Chechnya! Nearly no one wants to do anything to stop this! imsad When is this going to end...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
02-03-2007, 03:38 PM
None of our business. Iraq isn't our business, nor is Afghanistan. We shouldn't be there. Chechnya is definately none of our business. What goes off there is their problem, it's not worth putting our troops lives in danger for their sake or spending our money on sorting out another region of the world.

Sabbir_1
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
None of our business. Iraq isn't our business, nor is Afghanistan. We shouldn't be there. Chechnya is definately none of our business. What goes off there is their problem, it's not worth putting our troops lives in danger for their sake or spending our money on sorting out another region of the world.
A bit too late to say that now, damage has been done, innoncent lives have been lost, and the peole responible need to be bought to justice.. blair and bush....war criminals.. they need to be executed like saddam....

England
02-03-2007, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
A bit too late to say that now, damage has been done, innoncent lives have been lost, and the peole responible need to be bought to justice.. blair and bush....war criminals.. they need to be executed like saddam....
Too late for what? People supported the war because lies such as "weapons of mass destruction" was brought about. I am for any war that poses a threat to our country. Your problem lies with the government and not with the people. Bottom line is Chechnya poses no threat to us therefore I and many others would oppose any involvement in that and we won't. I still support our troops. They are heroes. It's the government that have the blood on their hands. It reminds me the moderators haven't accepted a couple of threads I created last night. Nothing wrong with them :muddlehea

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sabbir_1
02-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I am for any war that poses a threat to our country.
Did you support the Iraq war?

Bottom line is Chechnya poses no threat to us therefore I and many others would oppose any involvement in that
Iraq didnt post no threat, why did britain get involved in iraq?

England
02-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Did you support the Iraq war?
Yes I did as I was told by my government that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction capable of causing danger and harm to my country. After I found out it was false and that the reason our troops are still there is "to make a better life for Iraqis, to rebuild their country" I am against it. As I stated I don't care about their country, their people, it's none of our business. I only care about the safety and welfare of my own.

Iraq didnt post no threat, why did britain get involved in iraq?
Ask Blair why we got involved in Iraq. He won't tell us. He says "to create a better life for Iraqis."

Leave the Iraqis to clean up the mess.

Muezzin
02-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Everyone, if you'd like to discuss the war in Iraq, please do so in one of the many other threads. This particular thread is about Chechnya.

Chechen
02-03-2007, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England

This isn't even a war, it's a genocide! A whole nation is being wiped out! 300 000 people and among them 45 000 children have been killed by the Russian army.

Keltoi
02-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I seriously doubt Russia would accept any international peace-keeping force inside Chechnya. That seems to be the only solution at this point, and I don't think Putin is interested in the humanitarian issues. Perhaps five years ago, before relations between Russia and the rest of the security council went sour something could have been done. Nothing short of a war is going to make Putin accept international troops in his country.

SATalha
02-03-2007, 07:49 PM
The human rights abuse is a fact that we must face. But what ibtrest me is the way in which the Russian guvernment used the appartment explosions as the excuse. Anyone trying to invetigate this is either killed or made to shut their mouth. Also a witness saw FSB agents plant the bombs is a appartment block in Moscow. If you dont believe me read Sabestian Smith's book called "Allahs Mountains, the battle for Chechnya".

lavikor201
02-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Whenever Putin needs more money to pay his soldiers all he has to do is sell his old equipment to Iran for billions of dollars that go straight into his armed forces which then proceed to kill more Chechens. The when he needs some good publicity in the Islamic world when he has murdered to many Chechen children then he will invite Hamas over and they will shake hands, hug, and Russia will be seen a supporter of the destruction of Israel and no Muslim will stand up to complain about his well conducted genocide.

Disgusting. Israel should arm the Chechens.

SATalha
02-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Look we know these backstabbing will occur just remember there are groups of Mujahideen in the world that will be ready to bring us in to the right path. Whether this happens with teaching of warfare than so be it. It will happen. I think that there is no doubt that there is wide spread curruption in some of the Islamic countries. We dont help each other out like we used to. But curruption will be replaced with ritiouseness.

England
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechen
This isn't even a war, it's a genocide! A whole nation is being wiped out! 300 000 people and among them 45 000 children have been killed by the Russian army.

It would turn into a war and the last thing we need is more enemies. The tensions between Britain and Russia are already high due to the poisoning of Litvinenko. There are loads of people being persecuted in Africa, especially whites being tortured by Mugabe's people. All that we can do for these people and the people of Chechnya is pray. We shouldn't get involved with anything that doesn't concern us, it's dangerous and could possible lead to World war III. The ONLY time we should intervene is when we ourselves are at risk. It isn't ignorance, it's common sense. We already have ourselves in a mess.

SATalha
02-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I think if the U.k and the U.S want to be doing this "freedom for the world" thing than they need to focus on Chechnya. You know what i just read what i said and its complete crazyyynesss. The U.S are only intrested in Islamic terrorist nothing else.

England
02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I think if the U.k and the U.S want to be doing this "freedom for the world" thing than they need to focus on Chechnya. You know what i just read what i said and its complete crazyyynesss. The U.S are only intrested in Islamic terrorist nothing else.
We should not even attempt to police the world. If it wasn't for the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and having to fight terrorism, focusing on Israel-Palestine tensions then I truely believe something would be sorted with Chechnya. I myself have no idea what is happening in Chechnya because all the focus is on Iraq, Afghanistan, terrorism and Israel-Palestine.
The UK should be an Independent country who should think of nothing but our safety and welfare. We're a small country.

SATalha
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah I think the US and UK will make a hash of it anyway. Dont worry our brothers will sort them drunk russians out anyway.

SATalha
02-03-2007, 08:26 PM
We should not even attempt to police the world. If it wasn't for the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and having to fight terrorism, focusing on Israel-Palestine tensions then I truely believe something would be sorted with Chechnya. I myself have no idea what is happening in Chechnya because all the focus is on Iraq, Afghanistan, terrorism and Israel-Palestine.
The UK should be an Independent country who should think of nothing but our safety and welfare. We're a small country.
If you want news about Chechnya go to this web page http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/

England
02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah I think the US and UK will make a hash of it anyway. Dont worry our brothers will sort them drunk russians out anyway.

Good. I hope they do. The last thing we need are Russian terrorists blowing up our country and people, fighting for what they believe in. We have enough on our shoulders. Include global warming and fossil fuel in that list too.

England
02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
If you want news about Chechnya go to this web page http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/
All that I found about Chechnya was
http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/cont.../31/7322.shtml :uuh:

SATalha
02-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah that web site is more about posting the activities of the Mujahideens in the Coucasus area. Also In the world.

Chechen
02-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Wait people are saying things like the Uk and US shouldn't go into war with Russia but I never said they should go into war with Russia I just meant that people should talk about Chechnya on the news, let people find out what's happening organise manifestations like they did for Iraq etc. Because the world is being silent and many people don't know while there is a whole nation being wiped out.

Keltoi
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechen
Wait people are saying things like the Uk and US shouldn't go into war with Russia but I never said they should go into war with Russia I just meant that people should talk about Chechnya on the news, let people find out what's happening organise manifestations like they did for Iraq etc. Because the world is being silent and many people don't know while there is a whole nation being wiped out.
You are correct, most of the world's attention is on Iraq at the moment, and the situation in Chechnya isn't mentioned much at all. I'm not sure Putin would give in to popular pressure outside Russia though, so I think a U.N. mandated peace-keeping force is probably the only real action that can be taken to stop the violence. The chances of that happening are slim at best. Unless the Russian people vocally protest the situation in Chechnya I don't see any change coming from within Russia itself...if even then.

Chechen
02-04-2007, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
You are correct, most of the world's attention is on Iraq at the moment, and the situation in Chechnya isn't mentioned much at all. I'm not sure Putin would give in to popular pressure outside Russia though, so I think a U.N. mandated peace-keeping force is probably the only real action that can be taken to stop the violence. The chances of that happening are slim at best. Unless the Russian people vocally protest the situation in Chechnya I don't see any change coming from within Russia itself...if even then.

Putin does everything to keep everyone silent. In Russia if there's a manifestation organised then the police arrives and chases everyone. If any journalists dare write articles about Chechnya they're sent to prison or killed, Anna Politkovskaya is an example. So I think it's impossible to do anything from inside Russia. But in the US or Europe people are supposed to have freedom of speech and they should be allowed to talk about Chechnya or protest about it. But everyone is scared for themselves so they try to stay silent. The result is Putin says the war is over, all the rebels surrendered, Grozny is being rebuilt and everyone in Chechnya is happy and is having a beautiful life. At the end people in the west think that the war is over and everyone is fine. But people should tell them that no the war is going on. There are military operations everyday, bombings, killings, tortures,rapes etc.

SATalha
02-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Anna Politkovskaya, i managed to get hold of her book. Its realy intresting and she is a example of how Putin is silencing people like her. Also the guy in the Russian Spy in London was silenced. I heard that he had information on some journalist that was killed in Russia, she was investigating the Moscow appartment bombings and it all was linked to the KGB. (by the way KGB actualy stands for KILLERS-GOING-BONKERS)

deen_2007
02-04-2007, 07:21 PM
The human rights abuse is a fact that we must face. But what ibtrest me is the way in which the Russian guvernment used the appartment explosions as the excuse. Anyone trying to invetigate this is either killed or made to shut their mouth. Also a witness saw FSB agents plant the bombs is a appartment block in Moscow. If you dont believe me read Sabestian Smith's book called "Allahs Mountains, the battle for Chechnya".
ur so right :D

SATalha
02-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks i am glad you believe me. The situation in Chechnya is still the same and no one talks about it. Make dwa for them.

deen_2007
02-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks i am glad you believe me. The situation in Chechnya is still the same and no one talks about it. Make dwa for them.
my dwa is wiv all..............

sister_fatimah
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
All that I found about Chechnya was
http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/cont.../31/7322.shtml :uuh:

i was reading the news:cry: :cry: :cry: always the same , im tired for read the same terrible new about my brothers and sisters ,This kufares are making me feel so tired each day , chechnya, palestina, somalia, iraq, guantanamo , what else? ...ya Allah ...
Anwar al Awlaki, said that Allah is preparing the victory for us ...but when? where are the brothers that fight fi_sabilillah? what i am doing for help my bro and sis? :cry: :cry:

SATalha
02-05-2007, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister_fatimah

i was reading the news:cry: :cry: :cry: always the same , im tired for read the same terrible new about my brothers and sisters ,This kufares are making me feel so tired each day , chechnya, palestina, somalia, iraq, guantanamo , what else? ...ya Allah ...
Anwar al Awlaki, said that Allah is preparing the victory for us ...but when? where are the brothers that fight fi_sabilillah? what i am doing for help my bro and sis? :cry: :cry:
Sis dont be sad. The things that happen in this world are sad but we must prepare for akhira. Many positive things happen everyday you just dont hear about it. Like in my hometown in Bangladesh they built a Madresha dedicated in making Hafeez's. Cheer up Allah is prepering the Ummah dont worry about that. We are getting organised maybe not in your area but in others. I can say for my area we are learning and bringing people back to the deen. :D smile our phrophet used to do that alot.

sister_fatimah
02-05-2007, 04:03 PM
:sl:

barakah Allahu fik bro :sunny:

yep , and Rasulullah (salla Allahu alayhis wa sallam ) was more beautiful that the full moon .masha Allah ...

:sl:

may Allah subhana wa ta'ala help u with the madrasa , ya Allah amin

hmm ok ...:X ....sorry :offtopic:

SATalha
02-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Remember everyone all this post is asking is that you do not forget our Brothers and sisters in Sheeshan. Make dwa for them as you would for the Palestinians and also spread the news to your close ones. If we cannot help the directly the least we can do is make dwa. Sometimes making Dwa is better because Allah is always listnning.

Chechen
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Yesterday a woman became shaheed (Insha Allah) while fighting alone against a horde of kafirs and munafiqs. May she find eternal peace in paradise.

http://kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/.../04/7355.shtml

SATalha
02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Ameen, Allah forgive her and let her enter paradise

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.