/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Bombings

KAding
02-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Hello,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6327057.stm
Baghdad market bomb 'kills 102'
At least 102 people have been killed and 215 injured in a lorry bombing at a market place in Baghdad, Iraqi security officials have said.

The attack, the worst this year, took place at the market in central al-Sadriya district.

Earlier, a series of car bombs exploded in the northern city of Kirkuk, killing five people and injuring 40 others.

The Iraqi violence continues despite a new US initiative that will see an extra 21,500 troops deployed.

The BBC's Mike Wooldridge in Baghdad says police sources are now correcting initial reports of a suicide attack at the market and say the lorry had been parked.

The attack is the worst this year - 88 people died in the bombing of the Haraj market on 22 January.

Only the co-ordinated bombings in Baghdad's Sadr City in November, which killed more than 200 people, caused more deaths.

Markets, with their increased potential for casualties, have become a regular target for bombers over recent months.

'Destabilising'

In the Kirkuk attacks, seven bombs - one said to be a suicide blast - went off in different parts of the ethnically mixed city over a two-hour period.

Two of the bombs targeted the headquarters of two Kurdish parties - the Kurdish Democratic Party led by of Massoud Barzani, head of the northern Kurdish region, and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, headed by Iraq's President, Jalal Talabani.

Others hit a petrol station, Kirkuk's commercial district and several other locations, reports said.

Razqar Ali, a Kurdish leader and head of Kirkuk provincial council, accused militants of trying to destabilise the city amid efforts by some Kurds to include it in the autonomous Kurdish region.

A curfew was imposed after the blasts and would run from 1600 (1300 GMT) to 0600 on Sunday, AFP news agency said.

Earlier, police said gunmen attacked a checkpoint near Samarra, killing six police and injuring another six.

Samarra is a mainly Sunni town 125km (80 miles) north of Baghdad where an attack on an important Shia shrine last February sparked Iraq's current sectarian violence.
Wow imsad. Who is doing this? You know what I find so odd about this conflict, that nobody seems to care to find out who is perpetrating these acts. The press no longer even seems to bother to speculate on who is doing it, they don't even bother to say "the perpetrators are unknown". It's as if these massive collosal suicide attacks/car bombs are a natural phenonemon. Who is commiting these acts? The bloodshed IMHO is unparalleled anywhere in the Muslim world.

As far as bloodshed goes in a civil war, Iraq is absolutely amazing. Have there been attacks that are comparable to attacks like these in other civil conflicts in recent history? And on this scale, this is happening almost on a weekly basis, with smaller attacks on civilian targets daily. Compare this to for example the Sarajevo (Bosnia) shelling of a market, in which 66 people died in 1994. The international outcry was massive, the press talked about this for weeks. There was even an international intervention.

Compare that to the apparent complete disinterest in both the Western and Muslim press and public concerning Iraq. Heck, this is Muslims dying by the thousands and its apparently a complete non-starter on this Muslim forum even. It's at least as bad among non-Muslims I sometimes get the sense they just shrug and think something along the lines of: "well, if they want to slaughter each other thats up to them".

Something must be done to stop this senseless carnage. Anyone have any ideas, because frankly, I am completely clueless on this. Do people here think it will help if the Americans get out ASAP? Will that stop this carnage or make it worse? To answer that question it kinda matters to know who is actually doing most of the attacks in Iraq. Do people here have anymore of a clue about that than I do? Perhaps Muslim news sources go into more details than the Western press? Why are they attacking markets? What is the rationale behind it?

Anyway, I feel this needs to be discussed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
02-03-2007, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Hello,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6327057.stm

Wow imsad. Who is doing this? You know what I find so odd about this conflict, that nobody seems to care to find out who is perpetrating these acts. The press no longer even seems to bother to speculate on who is doing it, they don't even bother to say "the perpetrators are unknown". It's as if these massive collosal suicide attacks/car bombs are a natural phenonemon. Who is commiting these acts? The bloodshed IMHO is unparalleled anywhere in the Muslim world.

As far as bloodshed goes in a civil war, Iraq is absolutely amazing. Have there been attacks that are comparable to attacks like these in other civil conflicts in recent history? And on this scale, this is happening almost on a weekly basis, with smaller attacks on civilian targets daily. Compare this to for example the Sarajevo (Bosnia) shelling of a market, in which 66 people died in 1994. The international outcry was massive, the press talked about this for weeks. There was even an international intervention.

Compare that to the apparent complete disinterest in both the Western and Muslim press and public concerning Iraq. Heck, this is Muslims dying by the thousands and its apparently a complete non-starter on this Muslim forum even. It's at least as bad among non-Muslims I sometimes get the sense they just shrug and think something along the lines of: "well, if they want to slaughter each other thats up to them".

Something must be done to stop this senseless carnage. Anyone have any ideas, because frankly, I am completely clueless on this. Do people here think it will help if the Americans get out ASAP? Will that stop this carnage or make it worse? To answer that question it kinda matters to know who is actually doing most of the attacks in Iraq. Do people here have anymore of a clue about that than I do? Perhaps Muslim news sources go into more details than the Western press? Why are they attacking markets? What is the rationale behind it?

Anyway, I feel this needs to be discussed.
It does need to be discussed, but the answers you will get will range from conspiracies involving Israel and the U.S., to "this is what the Americans want", etc. It isn't talked about much in the media, but the U.S. and others are coming to the conclusion that Iran is behind many of these high profile attacks, whether directly or indirectly. I have a hard time believing that native born Iraqis would involve themselves in this sort of carnage against their own country. I could be wrong.

lavikor201
02-03-2007, 07:49 PM
If Israel did this, there would be about 50 pages of hate in this thread already.

starfortress
02-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow . Who is doing this? You know what I find so odd about this conflict, that nobody seems to care to find out who is perpetrating these acts. The press no longer even seems to bother to speculate on who is doing it, they don't even bother to say "the perpetrators are unknown". It's as if these massive collosal suicide attacks/car bombs are a natural phenonemon. Who is commiting these acts? The bloodshed IMHO is unparalleled anywhere in the Muslim world.
Hi

May i ask you who is the Boss overthere(Bush,Nuri,Moqtada,Muslim world etc),yes all Muslims are Brothers.The killing in Iraq is just like a stripes pattern,done by terrorist then another casualties done by US then suspected terrorist victims got killed done by Iraqis troops then the list go on and repeats,there to many of killing has happened everyday.And of course the perpetrators are unknown because Mr Bush had already declared Mission Accomplished onboard the USS Lincoln.

IMO I says there are thousands of psychological,emotional disorder peoples in Iraq as a direct results of wars have to dealing with these feeling desperate,dissapointed,sadness,misery,hopeless,rev enge(anykind of sad words) and all of them are ready without hesitation to participated in any movement that will fills their emty heart or atleast will say a hopes to them,plus they have nothing more to lost.Looks how easy a mans commited a suicides because of broken heart,imagine in Iraq million+ heart had been broken by Saddam,Bush,sectarian etc

As far as i know US is the first government introduced the Domino Theories,its weird when they couldn't expects what will happen after the collapsed of Saddam Regimes.Now the theories has becoming reality.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
02-03-2007, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Hi

May i ask you who is the Boss overthere(Bush,Nuri,Moqtada,Muslim world etc),yes all Muslims are Brothers.The killing in Iraq is just like a stripes pattern,done by terrorist then another casualties done by US then suspected terrorist victims got killed done by Iraqis troops then the list go on and repeats,there to many of killing has happened everyday.And of course the perpetrators are unknown because Mr Bush had already declared Mission Accomplished onboard the USS Lincoln.

IMO I says there are thousands of psychological,emotional disorder peoples in Iraq as a direct results of wars have to dealing with these feeling desperate,dissapointed,sadness,misery,hopeless,rev enge(anykind of sad words) and all of them are ready without hesitation to participated in any movement that will fills their emty heart or atleast will say a hopes to them,plus they have nothing more to lost.Looks how easy a mans commited a suicides because of broken heart,imagine in Iraq million+ heart had been broken by Saddam,Bush,sectarian etc

As far as i know US is the first government introduced the Domino Theories,its weird when they couldn't expects what will happen after the collapsed of Saddam Regimes.Now the theories has becoming reality.
I might be willing to accept your theory about Iraqis being so "shell-shocked" or "hopeless" as to carry out attacks, but would the average Iraqi, regardless of their past, participate in killing women and children at a market? How is that giving them "hope"? Most evidence points to a concentrated effort by some entity to keep the violence going, regardless of what the Iraqis want.

As for the Domino Theory, I'm not sure how that is related to this situation at all. The Domino Theory was based on Communists taking over vulnerable governments if a stand wasn't taken to stem the tide.

starfortress
02-03-2007, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I might be willing to accept your theory about Iraqis being so "shell-shocked" or "hopeless" as to carry out attacks, but would the average Iraqi, regardless of their past, participate in killing women and children at a market? How is that giving them "hope"? Most evidence points to a concentrated effort by some entity to keep the violence going, regardless of what the Iraqis want.

As for the Domino Theory, I'm not sure how that is related to this situation at all. The Domino Theory was based on Communists taking over vulnerable governments if a stand wasn't taken to stem the tide.
Thats why i said those Iraqis having these psychological,emotional disorder simply lost their mind balancing in making a decision and the terrorist will seek an advantage upon their weakness by giving them maybe psychotherapy or brainwash.Then slowly switch the sadness feeling to emerge as revenge person,fighting person and highly spirit persons.At this stage they wouldn't realize which right or wrong.

I was referring Iraq's and Bosnia's situation,where in Bosnia you got Serbs,Croats,Bosnian and yugoslavian,that weren't many items need to be collapse. While in Iraq you got Sunni Arabs,Sunni Kurds,Shiite Arabs ,Terrorist,Baath Party,Iraqis Troops,unknown elements etc all of them fighting for their dominance.One thing not to forget, not only the US want it(play domino),but everyone too.

IzakHalevas
02-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Any updates on that people who did this?

KAding
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
Any updates on that people who did this?
Nope, nothing whatsoever.

Incidently, today there was a similar attack on a market today.
Dozens killed in Baghdad bombings
At least 55 people have been killed in three bomb attacks in market areas of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.

Two bombs went off in quick succession at the Shorja market, killing more than 46 people and wounding about 150.

Half an hour earlier a parcel bomb exploded at the Bab al-Sharqi market, killing about 10 people.

The blasts came either side of a 15-minute pause to commemorate a bomb attack on an important Shia shrine in Samarra one year ago.

The Samarra attack - on 22 February, but a year ago by the Islamic calendar - triggered an upsurge in sectarian violence which still grips the country costing thousands of lives a month.

Shorja market was once Baghdad's main shopping area, but amid the violent division of Iraq's religious communities it is now mostly a Shia Muslim area, and a target for Sunni extremist groups.

One report said two cars packed with explosives were detonated in quick succession, collapsing a building and setting shops on fire.

Iraqis had been urged to stop what they were doing for a quarter of an hour at midday (0900 GMT) on Monday to mark the attack on Samarra.

Bab al-Sharqi is a rare phenomenon in Baghdad, correspondents say, in that it is still frequented by Sunni and Shia traders and customers.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...st/6353487.stm

Published: 2007/02/12 11:12:36 GMT

© BBC MMVII
This time "Sunni extremist groups" are blamed. But who are they exactly?

imaad_udeen
02-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Sounds like Al Qaeda or a copycat homegrown group.

To build bombs big enough to cause that sort of damage must have involved a high degree of knowledge.

north_malaysian
02-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm fed up of these daily bombings.... I just wonder how the Iraqis can live in this kind of situation... :'(

May God forbid this thing to happen elsewhere...

AHMED_GUREY
02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
imsad imsad imsad imsad imsad imsad

KAding
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
And another one, this time a suicide bomber at a university:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6356339.stm

KAding
03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Another update, unfortunately.

Many dead in Baghdad market bomb

A car bombing has killed 30 people and injured at least 65 in the historic booksellers' district of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.

The attack was near Mutanabbi Street, a busy area lined with book shops and open-air book stalls.

Witnesses said many shops were set on fire and more than a dozen cars were burnt out by the explosion.

Iraqi and US security forces are in the third week of a major operation to try to stem the violence in Baghdad.

The blast was the first major attack in Baghdad for several days and the most deadly since a female suicide bomber killed 40 people at a Baghdad college on 25 February.

Correspondents say the increase in checkpoints and troop numbers on the streets appear to have reduced death squad killings, but US military officials say car bombs remain a risk.

Thick smoke

Monday's explosion sent a huge column of black smoke into the sky over Baghdad's commercial centre.

Papers from the book market were floating through the air like leaflets dropped from a plane
Eyewitness Naim Daraji
Several witnesses were quoted as saying that a suicide car bomber carried out the attack.

Mutanabbi Street - named after a renowned classical Arabic poet - is an area of mixed Shia- and Sunni-owned businesses and customers.

A witness quoted by Reuters news agency said there were women and children among the casualties. People drove the injured to hospital in private cars without waiting for ambulances.

"There was so much smoke that I was vomiting," said the witness, who was in a bookshop when its windows were blown out by the blast.

"Papers from the book market were floating through the air like leaflets dropped from a plane," said Naim Daraji, a civil servant quoted by Associated Press.

"Pieces of flesh and the remains of books were scattered everywhere," he said.

In other reported violence, gunmen killed five people when they opened fire on Shia pilgrims in two separate incidents around Baghdad.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6423633.stm
Scores of Iraqi pilgrims killed

Up to 90 Shia pilgrims have been killed and more than 150 wounded in a double suicide bombing in the central Iraqi town of Hilla, police said.

Two bombers wearing explosive vests blew themselves up in a large crowd.

It was the deadliest in a number of attacks against pilgrims heading to the city of Karbala for a religious event.

Iraq has seen a sharp rise in violence between Sunni and Shia Muslims since an attack on a key Shia shrine in Samarra just over a year ago.

MAJOR ATTACKS
3 Feb 2007: 130 killed in lorry bomb in Baghdad's market in mainly Shia area
2 Dec 2006 : More than 50 killed in car bombs in same Baghdad market
23 Nov 2006: 200 killed in wave of car bombings and mortar blasts in Baghdad's Shia Sadr City
7 April 2006: 85 killed in triple suicide bombing at Shia mosque in Baghdad
Baghdad has been at the centre of a three-week-old US-Iraqi security push, and US military commanders have been warning that militants may focus their efforts on launching attacks outside the capital.
Some commentators have suggested that the Baghdad security push, which has weakened Shia militias, has had the effect of leaving them unable to protect their communities from Sunni militants, the BBC's Andrew North reports from Baghdad.

In other attacks on pilgrims, at least 10 people were killed in car bombings and shootings in Baghdad while three were killed in two separate shootings in Latifiya, to the south.

Shia ceremony

The attack in Hilla happened in the late afternoon.

ARBAEEN CEREMONY
Arbaeen ends 40 days of mourning for Imam Hussein, grandson of Prophet Mohamed
It follows Ashura, which commemorates his slaying by Muslim rivals in 680
Imam Hussein's shrine is at Karbala
Shias were discouraged from visiting during Saddam Hussein's rule
At one local hospital, Dr Mohammed Timini told AFP news agency: "Among the wounded, there are 50 in a critical condition. Eighty percent of the casualties are young men, but there are women and children among the dead."
The attack was one of the deadliest single incidents in Iraq.

The worst single attack since the 2003 invasion was in Baghdad early last month, when at least 130 people were killed in a lorry bombing.

Thousands of pilgrims are heading to Karbala, 100km (70 miles) south of Baghdad, to attend the Arbaeen religious ceremony.

An Iraqi woman taking part in the pilgrimage, Eman Hussein, said news of the Hilla attacks had given pilgrims a greater determination than before to reach Karbala, her son told the BBC News website from London.

Arbaeen marks the end of 40 days of mourning for Prophet Muhammad's grandson, Imam Hussein, who was killed along with his family in 681, by the Muslim ruler of Arabia, Yazid.

The day is one of the most solemn in the Shia calendar.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6418809.stm
The perpetrators think they are going to heaven for this act. Who has taught them that?

AHMED_GUREY
03-06-2007, 08:22 PM
the descendants of the Babylonians and Abbassids could easily govern themselves

- Close the border with Iran and other bordering states to prevent weapon smuggling
- Put Sunni/Shia Islamists in power
- Get foreign troops out
- stimulate Iraqi culture and Islam so that the people reject a return to chaos and are pre-occuppied with more fruitfull day to day stuff
- pay for the reconstruction and maintain good relations
- Start a programe which will spark the return of Iraq's scientists,entrepreneurs and doctors who have left in large numbers since 2004

from there we could see a new beginning and Iraq might enter a new prosperous era Insha-allah

Keltoi
03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY

- Close the border with Iran and other bordering states to prevent weapon smuggling
- Get foreign troops out
- stimulate Iraqi culture and Islam so that the people reject a return to chaos and are pre-occuppied with more fruitfull day to day stuff
- Start a programe which will spark the return of Iraq's scientists,entrepreneurs and doctors who have left in large numbers since 2004

from there we could see a new beginning and Iraq might enter a new prosperous era Insha-allah
How do you propose to close the borders with Iran and Syria without the presence of U.S. and Coalition forces? The Iraqi Army isn't up to the task of doing that and maintaining some semblance of security in Baghdad.

The other ideas make sense though, except for "putting" Shia and Sunni "Islamists" in power...there is a democratic process at play here.

AHMED_GUREY
03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
How do you propose to close the borders with Iran and Syria without the presence of U.S. and Coalition forces? The Iraqi Army isn't up to the task of doing that and maintaining some semblance of security in Baghdad.

The other ideas make sense though, except for "putting" Shia and Sunni "Islamists" in power...there is a democratic process at play here.
Recruit the former Iraqi soldiers(what happened to them?) to secure the borders, if that's impossible let the Coalition troops settle on these borders and away from the interior

Healthcare,Education and basic things like electricity and clean water should be made the nr 1 priority and real improvements should be made (cause if this continues to be neglected it will only cause more frustration)

Keltoi
03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Recruit the former Iraqi soldiers(what happened to them?) to secure the borders, if that's impossible let the Coalition troops settle on these borders and away from the interior

Healthcare,Education and basic things like electricity and clean water should be made the nr 1 priority and real improvements should be made (cause if this continues to be neglected it will only cause more frustration)
It is hard to concentrate on infrastructure when there is a segment of the population who would do anything to damage any improvement to infrastructure. Progress can't occur until there is enough security in the country for engineers and civil service people to work without fear for their lives.

MTAFFI
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Recruit the former Iraqi soldiers(what happened to them?) to secure the borders
This is actually a very good question, I know some of the troops and police of Saddams reign were corrupt but surely not all of them, why not try to re-recruit them through series of screenings, etc to established significantly larger numbers of police and Iraqi military

Also, why does the Shia militia not support the US? They have many of the same goals, except the Mahdi army is trying to wipe out all Sunni's and the US is not. Seems like if they chose to fight with the US it could solve some problems, I personally think the Sunni groups are far more brutal and care much less about life than anyone else in Iraq

Keltoi
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
This is actually a very good question, I know some of the troops and police of Saddams reign were corrupt but surely not all of them, why not try to re-recruit them through series of screenings, etc to established significantly larger numbers of police and Iraqi military

Also, why does the Shia militia not support the US? They have many of the same goals, except the Mahdi army is trying to wipe out all Sunni's and the US is not. Seems like if they chose to fight with the US it could solve some problems, I personally think the Sunni groups are far more brutal and care much less about life than anyone else in Iraq
Actually you sort of hit the nail on the head. Many of the former Iraqi soldiers either joined Sunni or Shia militias.

Joe98
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Healthcare,Education and basic things like electricity and clean water should be made the nr 1 priority and real improvements should be made (cause if this continues to be neglected…….
It was not neglected, it was the no 1 priority.

It was the no 1 priority as soon as Saddam was toppled

The US hired hundreds of civilian contractors to work on these things. However the insurgents attack the contractors and then US soldiers need to protect the contractors until ultimately the project is cancelled.

Then some blame the US for lack of education, healthcare, electricity and water.

The blame should be sheeted home where it belongs – with the insurgents!

KAding
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM

- Get foreign troops out

I agree, except about the "put Sunni/Shia Islamists in power". There were elections more than a year ago in which the majority of the Iraqis participated. Besides, Shia Islamist are already in power. The party that is supported by the highest Shia cleric, Al-Sistani is in power. Who are the Sunni Islamists anyway in your opinion? Aren't they the ones that are attacking these Shiites pilgrims?

I am personally quite confused about the people that are committing these acts. Are this the 'Muhajedeen'? Can anyone call himself a Muhajedeen? Are martyrdom bombings like these valid methods for Muhajedeen? Surely Islamic scholars have an opinion on this?

Akil
03-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Are martyrdom bombings like these valid methods for Muhajedeen
No

I am not Muslim but I can easily tell you no.

It's not hard to find the ayats that explicitly forbid suicide and others the killing of innocents.

The sole basis for the legitimacy of these kind of attacks are in weak hadith and misguided and corrupt fatwa, and probably the Muslim equivalent of fatalistic post-modernism.

AzizMostafa
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
1. The Shiite Hizbullah that successfully defended lebanon against US+Zionists.
2. The Sunni Hamas that successfully united Palestinians against US+Zionists.
3. The Islamic Republic of Iran that has been crippling US+Zionists.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...ml/default.stm
are 3 good examples for Iraqis to live side by side under the umbrella of Islam. How? By:
1. Remembering the Black Stone, not the white house.
2. Watching the slightest night movement of the enemy that do corruption and say peace.
3. Quitting parties and uniting under One + Only leader chosen by wise+God-fearing scholars.
4. Not running after the mirage of Democracy +
5. Fighting in the way of Allah to cleanse their homeland of US+Zionists.

Those who are flaming the differences among Muslims are of the same kind as those who begun to waver about belief in the Unity of Allah even in the lifetime of Moses. Thus, when, on becoming free of the slavery of the Egyptians, they reached the other side of the river and saw the figure of a calf in a temple in Sina, they asked Moses to get a similar figure for them, whereupon Moses rebuked them for being still as stubborn as they were in Egypt. They were so immersed in desire for idol-worship that even after being initiated into the belief in the Unity of Allah, they became restless on seeing an idol and made the request for a similar idol to be made for themselves had no right to criticise any difference among Muslims.

Talha777
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Subhan Allah brother AzizMostafa

Muslims, whether Sunni or Shia, need to realize that our enemy is America not eachother. America is the one that invaded a Muslim country for absolutely no reason except to plunder our resources, kill our elderly and our children, and cause further divisions among us to realize their diabolical agenda. America has made it crystal clear that they are invading Muslim countries to spread their Satanic idealogy of secularism and root out in elements that are working to transform Muslim countries into Shariat abiding states. With these facts in mind we now know why America is so hell bent against Iran, they cannot bear to have Muslims defiantly stand up against them and support their repressed Muslim brothers in Palestine who are being massacred by Zionist devils every hour of every day.

MTAFFI
03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
^^ both of you sound crazy to me, take a look at yourselves

Akil
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Talha777 and AzizMostafa
When you can manage to stop killing each other get back to me (which will be hard giving the anti-shia proclivity of the Salafi and the nationalism of the farsi shia).

wilberhum
03-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Talha777,
You missed the main reason for the invasion. :raging: Raping Muslim women.

Are all your posts, “Hate Messages”?
Have you replaced all the love in your life with hate?
I hope you find a way to deal with life other than hate?

Peace
Wilber

KAding
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6428451.stm

Many die in Iraq cafe bomb attack
A suicide bomber has killed at least 26 people in an attack on a cafe in a town north-east of Baghdad, police say.

The attacker is reported to have walked into the cafe in the town of Balad Ruz and then detonated the device.

At least 29 other people were also injured in the incident, a police spokesman told the AFP news agency.

In a separate development, three US troops were killed by a roadside bomb attack in the capital, Baghdad, the US military said in a statement.

The soldiers were hit as they were patrolling a well-used route in the city, checking it for hidden explosives, the statement said.

A fourth member of the patrol was injured in the incident.

Balad Ruz is approximately 70km (45 miles) north-east of Baghdad. The part of the town where the bomb attack occurred is described as being populated by members of the region's Shia Kurd minority.

Pilgrims attacked

Earlier on Wednesday, at least nine people were killed as Shia pilgrims made their way to the holy city of Karbala.

Seven policemen deployed to protect pilgrims were killed by a car bomb in Doura in southern Baghdad. One pilgrim also died.

In central Baghdad, one person died when gunmen opened fire on pilgrims.

It follows a double suicide bomb attack in the central Iraqi town of Hilla on Tuesday in which at least 90 Shia pilgrims were killed and more than 150 wounded.

Two bombers wearing explosive vests blew themselves up in a large crowd of pilgrims heading to the city of Karbala for religious ceremonies marking Arbaeen - the end of 40 days of mourning for Imam Hussein, a grandson of the Prophet Mohamed who was killed in the year 681.

Iraq has seen a sharp rise in violence between Sunni and Shia Muslims since an attack on a key Shia shrine in Samarra just over a year ago.

Baghdad has been at the centre of a three-week-old US-Iraqi security push, and US military commanders have been warning that militants may focus their efforts on launching attacks outside the capital.

KAding
03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Subhan Allah brother AzizMostafa

Muslims, whether Sunni or Shia, need to realize that our enemy is America not eachother.
The strange thing is that the US would leave as soon as Muslims stop killing eachother. Quite a paradox, uh? :)

Ninth_Scribe
03-08-2007, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
If Israel did this, there would be about 50 pages of hate in this thread already.
Relax Lavikor... not everything that goes bump in the night is Israel's fault. This one is Maliki's un-doing. He and Bush should stop bragging about their new 'security plan' and what a fantastic success it is.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
03-08-2007, 01:12 AM
This is exactly the type of spoon-fed BS I mean. They repeat this event in everything like a deranged mantra... but it's a lie. That was not the cause of the sectarian conflict. Tel Afar, the year before was the cause of the sectarian conflict...and that's coming straight from the guys who are in the conflict, but heaven forbid anyone publish info that would prove the Sunnis were justified in the anger toward the Shia.

The shrine, by the way, was not destroyed by either of them. That was outside interference.

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
03-08-2007, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
This is exactly the type of spoon-fed BS I mean. They repeat this event in everything like a deranged mantra... but it's a lie. That was not the cause of the sectarian conflict. Tel Afar, the year before was the cause of the sectarian conflict...and that's coming straight from the guys who are in the conflict, but heaven forbid anyone publish info that would prove the Sunnis were justified in the anger toward the Shia.

The shrine, by the way, was not destroyed by either of them. That was outside interference.

Ninth Scribe
Of course all of this is coming from you without any source or documentation to back up your claims.

Joe98
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Tel Afar, the year before was the cause of the sectarian conflict...

The shrine.....was not destroyed by either of them. That was outside interference.

Could you please advise the Shiia and Sunni that it was destroyed by outside interference. If they learn that then perhaps they will stop killing each other and the US can go home.

MTAFFI
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM

Ninth Scribe
what a load on non sense, provide some proof for these claims, if it were the truth it wouldnt be coming out on this website. Why do you pretend to know such things and then post it to this site as if it is the irrefutable truth? What a bunch of garbage

Ninth_Scribe
03-08-2007, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Could you please advise the Shiia and Sunni that it was destroyed by outside interference. If they learn that then perhaps they will stop killing each other and the US can go home.
I have advised the Shia in Iraq, and they did halt attacks, but some of the Sunnis groups were not satisfied with that (too little too late) and kept on fighting. The first shooter strategy is actually a matter of record, since it is hardly a new tactic, and I know the motive for why it was used. I'm just waiting for the evidence to fall into place... and it will. It always does.

But I do think it's 'telling' that both MTAFFI and Keltoi would produce such an empassioned challenge to my assessment, while saying absolutely nothing against western media, who've published their Al Qaeda 'theory' as fact, worldwide. I also think it's weird that western media doesn't mention the Battle of Tel Afar as having any place in the great sectarian divide but I've learned from experience, it's what the media doesn't say, that says the most.

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I have advised the Shia in Iraq, and they did halt attacks, but some of the Sunnis groups were not satisfied with that (too little too late) and kept on fighting. The first shooter strategy is actually a matter of record, since it is hardly a new tactic, and I know the motive for why it was used. I'm just waiting for the evidence to fall into place... and it will. It always does.

But I do think it's 'telling' that both MTAFFI and Keltoi would produce such an empassioned challenge to my assessment, while saying absolutely nothing against western media, who've published their Al Qaeda 'theory' as fact, worldwide. I also think it's weird that western media doesn't mention the Battle of Tel Afar as having any place in the great sectarian divide but I've learned from experience, it's what the media doesn't say, that says the most.

Ninth Scribe
:rollseyes ...let me get this straight. You "advised" the Shia and they stopped their attacks? As for "impassioned" challenges...that was hardly impassioned, it was dismissive.

KAding
03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I have advised the Shia in Iraq, and they did halt attacks, but some of the Sunnis groups were not satisfied with that (too little too late) and kept on fighting.
Who are 'the Shia'? What groups did you advice? You are making me curious :).

MTAFFI
03-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Ninth Scribe
Oh so you told the Shia this, huh? And by the way I noticed a post of yours probably over a month ago about it not being the Sunni who blew up the Shia shrine and the truth would come out soon.. Where is the truth? Why hasnt it come out yet? I believe alot of what the media says because they are there experiencing it while you sit on your computer probably playing some World of Warcraft game and making up bogus nonsense about what is happening in the real world.. What is the Shia's name you told to halt attacks? SO you are the reason they halted and not Maliki and al-Sadr? I think you live in a dream world and try to impress it on everyone here, really the mods should remove half of your posts since they are based on nothing...

Keltoi
03-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh so you told the Shia this, huh? And by the way I noticed a post of yours probably over a month ago about it not being the Sunni who blew up the Shia shrine and the truth would come out soon.. Where is the truth? Why hasnt it come out yet? I believe alot of what the media says because they are there experiencing it while you sit on your computer probably playing some World of Warcraft game and making up bogus nonsense about what is happening in the real world.. What is the Shia's name you told to halt attacks? SO you are the reason they halted and not Maliki and al-Sadr? I think you live in a dream world and try to impress it on everyone here, really the mods should remove half of your posts since they are based on nothing...
Maybe this individual is Al-Sadr....lol

MTAFFI
03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe this individual is Al-Sadr....lol
LOL

Hey Hey be careful what you say he might advise them to attack you! :D :lol:

Ninth_Scribe
03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
:rollseyes ...let me get this straight. You "advised" the Shia and they stopped their attacks? As for "impassioned" challenges...that was hardly impassioned, it was dismissive.
Well, of course. I use the internet for communications almost all the time. Prior to the wars, I'd been researching the history of Ezra (since September of 1999). That's how I got caught up in this mess to begin with. The tomb of Ezra was located in Al Uzayr (aka: Al Ezra), Iraq. Because I was stupid enough to believe western media, I feared the tomb wouldn't last long, so I raced like the wind to document as much of it as I could, before it became a target. I mean, for someone like Zarqawi who, according to western media, hated both the Jews and Shia, no place would make a more juicier target, since that tomb is honored by them both. Blonde episode, and a very humiliating one at that, so I've learned to ignore the media since then.

The Shia were contributing to the work I was doing and their formal statements were added to the history I'd published. I'm nowhere near finished with the piece and I have alot of correcting to do concerning the issue of Surah 9:30, but the official statement was published by the office of the Grand Ayatolla Ali Al Sistani (Board of Istifa). I turn to him whenever I have questions concerning the Shia.

Prior to all this, I was involved in shedding light into the sex-abuse scandal here in Boston in which Cardinal Bernard Law was forced to resign. He would have faced legal prosecution, but Pope John Paul had him reassigned to Rome as an arch priest, effectively removing him from our legal juristiction. I'm still annoyed over that, by the way. How a man who helped pedophile priests destroy some 400 families could be promoted by the Vatican. But since the churches here were closed and sold off to pay for all the abuse settlements, I've learned to let it slide.

You guys make it sound like it's impossible to use a computer for anything but games, and while I do enjoy games (like Flight Simulator 2002), I hardly have the time these days. Basically it's a daily hunt for information not covered by western media, like the prison break in Mosul just the other day. I've also taken an interest in reviewing U.S. casualty reports that are in dispute. Let's just say, I'm very well connected and informed, but the information I collect and share is judged on it's own merit, not by who sent it.

I'm just a humble messenger.

Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, of course. I use the internet for communications almost all the time. Prior to the wars, I'd been researching the history of Ezra (since September of 1999). That's how I got caught up in this mess to begin with. The tomb of Ezra was located in Al Uzayr (aka: Al Ezra), Iraq. Because I was stupid enough to believe western media, I feared the tomb wouldn't last long, so I raced like the wind to document as much of it as I could, before it became a target. I mean, for someone like Zarqawi who, according to western media, hated both the Jews and Shia, no place would make a more juicier target, since that tomb is honored by them both. Blonde episode, and a very humiliating one at that, so I've learned to ignore the media since then.

The Shia were contributing to the work I was doing and their formal statements were added to the history I'd published. I'm nowhere near finished with the piece and I have alot of correcting to do concerning the issue of Surah 9:30, but the official statement was published by the office of the Grand Ayatolla Ali Al Sistani (Board of Istifa). I turn to him whenever I have questions concerning the Shia.

Prior to all this, I was involved in shedding light into the sex-abuse scandal here in Boston in which Cardinal Bernard Law was forced to resign. He would have faced legal prosecution, but Pope John Paul had him reassigned to Rome as an arch priest, effectively removing him from our legal juristiction. I'm still annoyed over that, by the way. How a man who helped pedophile priests destroy some 400 families could be promoted by the Vatican. But since the churches here were closed and sold off to pay for all the abuse settlements, I've learned to let it slide.

You guys make it sound like it's impossible to use a computer for anything but games, and while I do enjoy games (like Flight Simulator 2002), I hardly have the time these days. Basically it's a daily hunt for information not covered by western media, like the prison break in Mosul just the other day. I've also taken an interest in reviewing U.S. casualty reports that are in dispute. Let's just say, I'm very well connected and informed, but the information I collect and share is judged on it's own merit, not by who sent it.

I'm just a humble messenger.

Ninth Scribe
personally I think you are a fraud, by the way I dont mean that as trash talk, I just dont think you do everything you say you do

Ninth_Scribe
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
personally I think you are a fraud, by the way I dont mean that as trash talk, I just dont think you do everything you say you do
Well, fortunately for me, I don't have to convince you, lol. But I do like my studies, and have learned alot here.

Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, fortunately for me, I don't have to convince you, lol. But I do like my studies, and have learned alot here.

Ninth Scribe
you are right, you dont have to convince anyone! There is one thing though, one of the rules on this site is that faulty or unfounded information presented as facts is prohibited, this may be where you find it handy to convince someone of your posts

Ninth_Scribe
03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
you are right, you dont have to convince anyone! There is one thing though, one of the rules on this site is that faulty or unfounded information presented as facts is prohibited, this may be where you find it handy to convince someone of your posts
My bad. Apologies :-[

Ninth Scribe

KAding
03-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Twin bombings hit Iraqi capital

Two bomb attacks in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, have left at least 29 people dead, police said.

Nineteen people died in the Karrada district when a car bomb exploded near a truck carrying Shia pilgrims.

In a separate incident, a suicide bomber blew himself up on a minibus in eastern Baghdad, killing 10 people.

The latest violence comes a day after Baghdad hosted a conference on security, attended by world powers including the US, Syria and Iran.

In Karrada, a car bomber drove into a truck that was bringing about 70 men and boys home from the holy city of Karbala, south of Baghdad.

Hundreds of thousands of pilgrims had gone to Karbala to mark the Arbaeen ceremony, one of the holiest events in the Shia calendar.

"I blame the government," the Associated Press news agency quoted one man injured in the blast as saying.

"They didn't provide a safe route for us even though they knew we were targets for attack."

Last week, in the run-up to the ceremony, scores of pilgrims were killed in bomb and gun attacks across Iraq.

Sunday's separate suicide attack happened in Baghdad's Shia stronghold of Sadr City, injuring at least eight people.

'Positive trend'

Both of these attacks appear to have been aimed at killing Shia civilians, as has been the case with most of the recent bomb outrages, says the BBC's Jim Muir in Baghdad.

These have continued virtually unabated despite the current security surge by US and Iraqi government forces in Baghdad.

The Shia militias have stood down in deference to that security plan but their compliance is bound to be strained by these continuing highly provocative attacks on their community, our correspondent says.

On Saturday, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki appealed to Iraq's neighbours to help tackle the sectarian and insurgent violence.

The one-day conference brought together envoys from the US, Iran and Syria for the first time in years.

The US blames Iran and Syria for stoking the violence, but the meeting was said to be constructive and positive.

Speaking on Sunday, a spokesman for the Iranian foreign ministry, Mohammad Ali Hosseini, called it a good first step.

"If another conference at foreign ministers level was held in Baghdad there could be more hope that a positive trend has started that will go on," he said.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...st/6439165.stm

Published: 2007/03/11 12:22:06 GMT
Maybe some cross-sect conference must be organized in the Muslim world? This disunity is complicating matters for everyone.

abdulhakim55
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
I have advised the Shia in Iraq, and they did halt attacks
whon are you??????????????????? :exhausted

KAding
03-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow, this is getting nasty. Apparently there is enough friction within even the Sunni community for some to blow themselves up with chlorine gas.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iraqis killed by chlorine bombs

Iraqis killed by chlorine bombs. Three chlorine gas attacks in Iraq are reported to have killed eight people and left hundreds injured, including six US troops.

Two of the attacks were near the city of Falluja, the third near Ramadi, west of Baghdad. Both areas are hotbeds of al-Qaeda militants.

Chlorine gas can cause severe burns to the throat and lungs and can kill after only a few breaths.

There were at least three such attacks in Iraq in February.

'Vomiting'

The heaviest casualties were in a suicide attack on Friday evening at the entrance to a housing estate south of Falluja in which six people were reported to have been killed. The injured included at least 27 children.

Shortly before that another attack in the same area killed two Iraqi policemen.

Officials say that in both attacks the assailants drove dumper trucks containing the bombs at their targets. One of the trucks is reported to have contained a 200 gallon (900 litre) tank of chlorine and explosives.

The third attack was at a checkpoint near Ramadi.

"Approximately 350 Iraqi civilians and six coalition force members were treated for chlorine gas exposure," Lt Roger Hollenbeck of the US-led forces based near Ramadi said, AFP news agency reported.

He said that victims were treated locally "for symptoms ranging from minor skin and lung irritation to vomiting".

The BBC's Hugh Sykes in Baghdad says that two of the bombers are thought to have been targeting tribal leaders who have spoken out against al-Qaeda in Iraq.

Easily obtained

Our correspondent says that chlorine is easy to obtain as it is widely used as a cleaner and a water purifier.

After an explosion outside a restaurant near Baghdad last month, as well as the six people killed, dozens of others were left coughing and choking and needing medical treatment.

In February the United States military reported finding a bomb factory near Falluja, where chlorine car bombs were being constructed.

In another attack near Falluja last month, not involving chlorine, more than 35 people were killed when a conventional truck bomb exploded near a mosque where the imam had criticised al-Qaeda and Iraq.

Some tribal leaders in the area have openly complained about al-Qaeda's activities.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...st/6461757.stm

Published: 2007/03/17 13:53:53 GMT
© BBC MMVII

Keltoi
03-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I've heard many reports about insurgents using gas in some bombing attacks lately.

ManchesterFolk
03-19-2007, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulhakim55
whon are you??????????????????? :exhausted
LOL!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.