/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim vs college

sweetbanana86
02-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Salam alaikum

I was wondering what do you think are common problems face by muslims when they get to college

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker_of_ilm
02-03-2007, 08:50 PM
:sl:

I suppose the main one is Salaah timings. Because the timetables can be quite awkward at times.

Also the fact that we have to mix with the opposite sex, I mean its difficult, and its something a lot of Muslims fall prey to. (May Allah guide us all)

Oh, and I see a lot of Muslims feel pressured into doing things like listening to Music, smoking and chasing girls to fit in with the crowd (Again, may Allah guide us all and forgive us for our shortcomings)

I suppose thats the 3 main problems I see, being a Muslim at college.

Now, if the question was entitled "Lazy guy vs College", I could probably write a book on it :rolleyes:

:w:

jzcasejz
02-03-2007, 09:47 PM
In My College...Prayer Timings Happens To Be No Big Issue...Its The Second Point U Mentioned Bro...Da Mixing Of Sexes...It Happens Alot And Yes...ALOT Of People Do Fall Into It :-\ That's One Of The Biggest Problems Faced...

But Also...:Alhumdill There Is The Islamic Society In Our College Trying To Do Their Best In College And Sort Things Out :coolious:

EDIT:

alot problemz and stuff will arise when someone goes to college..its jus a matter of which crowd you hang around with...hand around with the right crown and InshaAllah everything will go well...

FBI
02-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Women that's probably the main issue for us guys and the amount of fitnah that's seen as being a right of passage.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Erm, prayer! But it's not that much of a big problem, most teachers allow you to go some don't,

Most of the time we can leave lesson, but some mean teachers say NO :(

But den you get these sweet non Muslim ones even reminding you! :D

cute ano!

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-03-2007, 11:11 PM
biggest problem is those exams man, takes away all time from studyin the deen or readin quran, and whats with the long homeworks.

The people are the best though!!! BEST!!! i love college islamic communities!

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-04-2007, 11:07 AM
uurrrrgghhh college!!! :cry: ...wait, i can write a whole book against college..especially my college.. it SUUXXX!! :rant:

Malaikah
02-04-2007, 11:09 AM

I hate to sound really lost here- but by college do you mean your last school years or university? :?

lolwatever
02-04-2007, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

I hate to sound really lost here- but by college do you mean your last school years or university? :?
salams

college, think of it as yr 11 n 12 in ur country

FBI
02-04-2007, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
salams

college, think of it as yr 11 n 12 in ur country

more like university, since american student s stay in school till they're 18, then they go to collage.

jzcasejz
02-04-2007, 11:39 AM
^^ Kool, Didn't Know That...
Ermm In The UK..Its Like...You Stay Into Secondary School (High School) Till You're 16...And Then You Go College From Then Onwards...And Then Its Uni...

Malaikah
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
So does college resemble high school more, or university more?

lolwatever
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
^ highschool... i.e. in UK you do IB in college (not uni..) so its more like highschool.

salamz

The Ruler
02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
So does college resemble high school more, or university more?
college...it was a guess...so dont screw me if i'm wrong :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.