/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Town Observes "Palestinian Genocide Day"

babagrr
02-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Written by Ezra HaLevi, Israel National News

Thursday, 01 February 2007

A Spanish town has cancelled its observance of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, preferring to highlight the “genocide of the Palestinian people”
by the Jews.

This past January 27th, the municipality of the Madrid suburb of Ciempozuelos announced that all ceremonies and public events scheduled for the day would
be dedicated to the atrocities committed by the Jews, rather than those committed by the Nazis.

The town, home to 20,000 people, attracted global attention as a result. Israel’s Ambassador to Spain Victor Harel asked town mayor Susana León to recant.
Jewish organizations also issued condemnations of the move.

"Your attempt to equate the industrialized mass murder of six million Jewish women, men and children, as well as millions of others, with the situation
of the Palestinian people is shameful,” wrote Anti-Defamation League Director Abraham Foxman in a statement. “It reflects an extremely disturbing tendency,
which is particularly visible in Europe, to dishonor the memory of the victims of the Holocaust and de-legitimize the State of Israel by seeking to eradicate
the clear moral difference between the Holocaust and the loss of Palestinian lives as a result of the Arab-Israeli conflict."

The decision caused heated debate within Spain, and finally the national government stepped in to pressure the town to cancel the public Palestinian Genocide
observances. The town cancelled all public observances on January 27, including Holocaust memorials, to protest the move.

Ignacio Russell Cano, a Spanish journalist,
wrote in Front Page Magazine,
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=26669 -

“Those studying the transformation of Europe into Eurabia will surely see the case of Ciempozuelos as the first warning of the Islamification of Spain.
However, the picture is slightly different.”

Cano goes on to cite similar behavior within Spain’s central government. “In a country whose citizenship leaped into the streets to protest the Lebanon
war, carrying swastikas to denounce Israel’s existence as part of the [only] western government congratulated by [Hizbullah chief Hassan] Nasrallah himself
in one of his fatwa-speeches… no one in Spain – Osama, Chávez, Castro, Putin, and Ahmadinejad – is so heavily attacked by [the government] as Israel.”

Meanwhile, Spain’s Foreign Ministry is making great efforts to organize an Oslo Accords-style conference within its borders. Cano posits that such a conference
is being pursued as it “would signal to Arab countries that when it comes to pressing for Israel’s disappearing, Spain is the right place to begin pouring
petrodollars.”

Source:
Israel National News -
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=120674

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AQSA
02-04-2007, 12:22 AM
:bravo:

FBI
02-04-2007, 12:27 AM
:sl:

funny how the victims turn into the oppressors.

Keltoi
02-04-2007, 12:36 AM
This might make sense if there was actually a Palestinian genocide going on....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AQSA
02-04-2007, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
This might make sense if there was actually a Palestinian genocide going on....

Maybe if you got yourself to turn to altrernate forms of news & broadcastings apart from fox news, you would se the picture alot clear

Keltoi
02-04-2007, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AQSA
Maybe if you got yourself to turn to altrernate forms of news & broadcastings apart from fox news, you would se the picture alot clear
Oh, you're so right. That is the reason I didn't know it was genocide...because I watch FOX news! Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Look, I know many Palestinians have died, and so have alot of Israelis. That isn't in question. However, calling the situation with the Palestinians a "genocide" does a disservice to the true genocides around the globe. In my opinion, this Spanish town would have done more good to have a "Darfur Genocide Day"...or even a "Rwandan Genocide Remembrance Day". There is no genocide against the Palestinians. That is word play meant for dramatic effect. Not saying bad things don't happen to Palestinians, I just don't agree with the usage of the word genocide in this situation. Not even close.

AQSA
02-04-2007, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Oh, you're so right. That is the reason I didn't know it was genocide...because I watch FOX news! Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Look, I know many Palestinians have died, and so have alot of Israelis. That isn't in question. However, calling the situation with the Palestinians a "genocide" does a disservice to the true genocides around the globe. In my opinion, this Spanish town would have done more good to have a "Darfur Genocide Day"...or even a "Rwandan Genocide Remembrance Day". There is no genocide against the Palestinians. That is word play meant for dramatic effect. Not saying bad things don't happen to Palestinians, I just don't agree with the usage of the word genocide in this situation. Not even close.

Ok, so genocide is not the correct word... what is more appropriate then, mass murder? pogrom? Either way innocent Palestinians are killed literally on a daily basis which little around the world care to shed light on. The terminology here is not the issue or is it of that much of any importance. The point is for one members of a western nation care enough to raise awareness and express their concerns about what the innocent palestinians are being afflicted with by the jews.

Its a good sign that westerners are opening their eyes to this crisis and its only a shame when others deny to give recognition to this. As for holding rememberances for the 'real' genocides as you put it, for darfur for e.g... this is something that has not only been accepted, recognised by the international community but also the advancement is taken on how to stop it and improve the situation. That is absolutly great... mashallah and i salute world leaders for taking initiative and intervening and doing whats morally right, now the quetion is why is that right denied for the people of palestine?

eagleye
02-04-2007, 02:07 PM
and the world is in silence

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.