/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Difference Between 'Ar Rahmaan' and 'Ar Raheem'

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-05-2007, 11:58 AM
The Difference Between 'Ar Rahmaan' and 'Ar Raheem'

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen

When combined 'Ar Rahmaan' and 'Ar Raheem' mean that the Rahmah (mercy) of Allaah is expansive / wide-spreading and it reaches [all] the creation, this is what some [Scholars] alluded to by saying:

'Ar Rahmaan' is a universal mercy [to all the creation] and 'Ar Raheem' is a mercy that is specific to the believers.

The mercy of Allaah upon the disbelievers is specific to the life of this world only, so it is as if there is really no mercy upon them because in the after life when they ask Allaah to take them out of the Hellfire seeking to get close to Allaah through His Lordship and by confessing upon themselves saying:

{Our Lord! Take us out of it [Hellfire] If ever we return (to evil), then indeed we are Dhalimoon (polytheists, oppressors, unjust, and wrong doers)} [Al Mu-minoon: 107]

They will not find mercy, rather they will find justice, Allaah ‘Azza wa Jall will say to them:

{Remain in it in humiliation! And speak not to Me!} [Al Mu-minoon: 108]

Sharhul ‘Aqeedah Al Waasityah: 1/38

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
SUbhanaAllah jazakaAllah khayr sis

thats was nice, may Allah reward you

wasalaam

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-05-2007, 03:28 PM
:salamext:

Wa iyakkum, dear ukhtee.:)

FatimaAsSideqah
09-06-2008, 05:41 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

What is the difference between Ar-Rahman & Ar-Raheem?

Well first let me offer a reflection!! In several hadith, The Prophet, (PBUH) used the analogy of a mother loving her child as a way to reflect on how much Allah, Taala loves the believer. We are told Allah Taala loves us MORE than a mother loves her infant child!!! But there is something extra in this statement....A mother is, generally speaking, kind and loving towards all children. But she loves her own children more than any other child. We all know that parents think THEIR kids are cutest, sweetest, best, etc...SO, what about Allah Taala!!

Ar-Rahman = The Mercy which Allah Taala has has given to his entire creation. the 1 part of the 99 parts of His Mercy that was sent down upon the creation. He is Ar-Rahman to everyone, including the disbeliever. For even though someone commits shirk, or is ungrateful, or denys Allah Taala, out of His Rahmah, he still gives them shelter, food, health, time, and the opportunity to repent up until their last breath. For MERCY = the forbearance of punishment even when justice demands it!!

Ar-Raheem = The Mercy Allah Taala showers on the believers. For example, The Qu'ran says, "wa kana bil-mu'minina Rahiman, " "He is compassionate and beneficient (only) to the believers..." (33:43)

So, one reflection of this Attritbute is that in our next life, another portion, another concept of Mercy will be for the believers!!! SubhanAllah! What more could we ask for? So, the next type you recite Surah Al-Fatihah, think about how you are callin o, and conversing with teh Merciful of this dunyah, and the Merciful of the Akhirah! And in each is a special love and mercy! It has certainly changed my understanding of Al-Fatihah once I learned it this way.

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faith.
09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Subhanallah
Jazakallah Sis
I've always wondered what the difference between the two were
Now i know:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.