/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So, If i want to be a Muslim, i have no choice but to be a Salafi?????

al-fateh
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
So, If i want to be a Muslim, i have no choice but to be a Salafi?????

so according to this, Salaf is above Islam as it makes it seem, and makes it seem that Islam was based on being a Salafi.....
how is that?

http://www.myislamweb.com/forum/show...t=12427&page=5

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
02-05-2007, 09:18 PM
salamualikum.
Allah Hu Alim walahi i seriously get scared on your site sowiee to say but to much Hatred && arguing going there :(
Ma'assalama

Skillganon
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I just don't get the idea people arguing over things most muslims themself are ignorant about.

al-fateh
02-05-2007, 09:27 PM
like what bro??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al-fateh
02-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Thus the true Salafs are Ahl us-Sunnati wal-Jamaah. They are at-Ta'ifat ul-Mansurah (the Aided, Victorious Group) and al-Firqat un-Najiyah (the Saved Party) which have been described in several hadiths. The Messenger (S) said: A group from my Ummah (nation or community) will always be aided with victory as they continue to persevere upon the Truth; they will not be harmed by those who abandon them or those who oppose them. [Recorded by Muslim]. And he (S) said: This Ummah will split into seventy three parties, all of which will go to Hell - except for one party: the one which will follow the same path as what I and my companions are following today. [Authentic; recorded by Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidthi, and others]. In one report he (S) described this Saved Party as: ... except for one party, which is the Jama'ah.

Upon comprehending this, a Muslim has no option but to be salafi. In doing so he attaches himself to that group which has been guaranteed success, victory, salvation and safety from the Fire.
this is what the argument is about

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-05-2007, 09:31 PM
What is a Salafi exactly. Shouldn't we just be calling ourselves Muslim?

Skillganon
02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
like what bro??
I am going through the page, Stuff about W'ahhabi and people talking about it as if they know what it is or it something alien.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-05-2007, 09:35 PM
:sl:

There needs to be a distinction made between the general term Salafi, which means simply a person who follows the Salaf us Salih, the Pious Predecessors. However there has emerged a group today that calls themselves salafi's and have themselves fallen into the errors that the other groups have fallen into and that is arguementation, labelling etc. Shaykh Salih Al Uthaymeen clarifies this:
"Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis"."
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...tarianism.html

:w:

Ps - :threadclo

PPs- I advice you to close that thread on your forum because by leaving it open you are only allowing there to be a seperation of the Muslims. And the last people that should be discussing these matters are teenagers on the internet who are unaware of the fundamentals of the religion are out making Wala and Bara over any issue that other do not agree with them on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.