/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Martyr... ?

JimMorrison
02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi, i don't know if i post in the correct section sorry if not.

Some muslim think they will go to heaven if they kill women, children. They said, We are martyr that's why we suicide bombing and kill innocent people in subway.
You think they are martyr? I don't think so...

Peace

Old Hippies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al_Imaan
02-05-2007, 09:50 PM
niether do I think so. commiting suicide is not the same as dying as a martyr. Muslims who commit suicide r punished...unlike a martyr...which is someone who dies fighting in the way of G-d....

Fishman
02-05-2007, 09:50 PM
:sl:
Lots of things make you a martyr (even things that are not to do with battles or persecution, like being killed by a mugger), but killing innocent people isn't one of them. That makes you a murderer or a war criminal.
:w:

Al_Imaan
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Lots of things make you a martyr
^^just wanted to keep it simple....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-05-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JimMorrison

Some muslim think they will go to heaven if they kill women, children. They said, We are martyr that's why we suicide bombing and kill innocent people in subway.

Peace

Old Hippies.

It's ironic you say that, let's see what the Messenger of God (peace be upon him) says:

The Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Do not kill any old person, any child, or any woman.” (Abu Dawud)

“Do not kill the monks in monasteries,” or “Do not kill the people who are sitting in places of worship.” (Musnad of Ibn Hanbal)

And that was in the context of fighting against those who fight the believers. :)

Peace.

aamirsaab
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM

They're fools, not martyrs.

JimMorrison
02-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Jesus Christ was a martyr?

- Qatada -
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Jesus (peace be upon him) never died, and anyone who claims he died has no solid proof to prove that.

And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary ا ) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);

: And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ]:

But Allah raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever All*Powerful, All*Wise.

[Qur'an 4:153-158 - Muhsin Khan translation]

Peace. :)

snakelegs
02-05-2007, 10:59 PM
actually, you will find very few muslims who support that stuff.

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 06:12 AM
It's still insane to kill people and think you are a Martyr...Don't care if they kill, jew, christian or any other no muslim, it's still insane. :thumbs_do

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 06:16 AM
So what happens if that person will kill you if you don't kill him first? And not only that, but he will continue to kill others, not caring if they are women or children?

Should we let that evil person (or army) just kill us with out resistance and and become tyrants over the people? :?

Oh, and by the way, you don't become a martyr by killing people, you become a martyr by dying yourself.

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Well i start to thinking Islam its religion based on violence,not peace. Sad. Don't ask you why people want to kill you.. huh...

The violence engenders the violence ...

And suicide you will not give you a place in heaven -.-

syilla
02-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Well i start to thinking Islam its religion based on violence,not peace. Sad. Don't ask you why people want to kill you.. huh...

The violence engenders the violence ...

yeah....and we muslims get fed up with these kinds of misconceptions...

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Well i start to thinking Islam its religion based on violence,not peace. Sad.
I think the truly sad thing here is that you are basing your conclusion on nothing but ignorance.

Guess what? Suicide is a major sin in Islam. Makes you think, doesn't it?:rolleyes:

We never said that people who do that you claimed they do is martyrdom. You said:
Those Muslims are ignorant, such a person is not a martyr. What they did is sinful.

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Well... If killing people and suicide you for go to heaven its not violence, what is that?

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 06:54 AM
What do you think war is about? Tea parties??

If any enemy is attacking you with a huge army what are you going to do? Give yourself up to them, thereby betraying the whole nation and putting them at risk of being mistreated by the invaders??

Or do you fight them for the sake of God, to establish justice and defend the weak? And if you happen to die while risking your own life to protect the population against and evil invading force, does that make you an evil person?? Or someone worthy of praise?

(p.s. did you miss the part where I said that suicide is not allowed in Islam??)

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 06:58 AM
War is a product made by people like you Malaikah. People how think they will result problem whit violence. We not in the Middle Age sister, we are in 21 century.
Does United-States came to Afganistan for kill innocent people or find the chief of Al-Quaida who killed thousand of people in 9/11. Innocent people.

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
(p.s. did you miss the part where I said that suicide is not allowed in Islam??)
Yes lol

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Where did I say The US was the best example of proper warring etiquettes.:rolleyes:

Please do not accuse me of foolish things.

syilla
02-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Please do not accuse me of foolish things.
oh my sis...you can create violence :rolleyes:

:p

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Seriously, if a guy want to kill me for no reason. Its ok for me then i will die. I love life, i'm happy and i have alot of fun. But die.. i don't fear about die... My religion is mine, i created the way i want to live for the rest of mine. So yes if a army want to kill me i don't will try to kill him before he catch me. Because i love him. Yea i'm maybe weird, but its the way i choose to live. God doesnt give me life, my mom did.

north_malaysian
02-06-2007, 07:27 AM
You think they are martyr?
Nope.. they're not...

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 08:23 AM
JimMorrison,

I'm sorry for what happened to your thread. If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask here in order to bring this thread back to its purpose, but please also keep in mind that the way you phrase your questions should be in a way that would not be considered attacking our beliefs as Muslims, because Islam is the number one most important thing to us.

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 08:23 AM
So sad to see those comments imsad

SilentObserver
02-06-2007, 08:26 AM
JimMorrison,

I'm sorry for what happened to your thread. If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask here in order to bring this thread back to its purpose, but please also keep in mind that the way you phrase your questions should be in a way that would not be considered attacking our beliefs as Muslims, because Islam is the number one most important thing to us.
Much better. Thank you.

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Seriously, if a guy want to kill me for no reason. Its ok for me then i will die. I love life, i'm happy and i have alot of fun. But die.. i don't fear about die... My religion is mine, i created the way i want to live for the rest of mine. So yes if a army want to kill me i don't will try to kill him before he catch me.
Well that is fair enough for you to believe that, but what if that person, after killing you continued to kill other people, so he just keeps killing and killing... and if most people have your mentality, then no one will ever be able to create a force strong enough to stop this guy (and his 'army') from taking over and becoming tyrants over the people.

So maybe you might have loved your life, but everyone who came after you, who is forced to live under tyrannical rule will hate their lives, and injustice will be prevalent in the land and misery will take over.

Because i love him. Yea i'm maybe weird, but its the way i choose to live.
Don't you love all other people who will also be murdered by this person? And if you do, why do you prefer to save one person, but let so many other people suffer? Do love the murderer more than you love other humans?

This isn't meant to be an *attack* against you, in case someone gets that impression... but a genuine question.

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't care about those thing, the life is too short to start to think about that.

The day i will die, i will be so happy. Finally, i will know what die is. (Hope i don't will burn,cry and suffer in hell lol) I hope its just sleeping forever. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sleeping forever, what a good deal. :okay:

Malaikah
02-06-2007, 08:44 AM
If you don't care about death and look forward to it and don't care that you did nothing to stop a murder from murdering people after you, then why did you say killing people for any reason insane??:confused:

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, i dont say the dude who will kill me is a good guy, he is insane. lol

Pk_#2
02-06-2007, 09:45 AM

Peace
No, don't be shilly! :D

Old Hippies
:muddlehea:offended: What Muslims? :-\

I don't like the way you phrase things, imsad you should have begun, 'one or two ignorant Muslims...' Not all of us, we really are nice people you know, hmm... Peace!!

Umm Khalid06
02-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Muslims who die in a legitimate jihad bis saif (struggle with the sword, or Islamic holy war) are typically considered shahid. This usage became controversial in the late 20th century (due to the Islamic strictures against suicide), when it began to be applied to suicide bombers by various groups. There a huge controversy about the meaning of jihad in Islam, since Muhammad never claimed that suicide is equal to jihad; Jihad is an act of fighting for the Dar al Islam, either to defend it against an aggressor or to bring about its expansion. Where Muhammad explained, in hadith, that those who commit suicide are forbidden to even smell heaven. Some contend that these murders are contrary to the spirit of Islam, while many other Muslims argue they are fighters who "kill and are killed" in Jihad bis saif, the victims being legitimate targets. The concept of heroic martyrdom is termed "Istish-haad".

Snowflake
02-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't care about those thing, the life is too short to start to think about that.
So if someone attacked your home/country you'd sit there and let them kill you, even though they'll probably wipe your whole family off the face of the earth after you?

And sorry, but your mother didn't give you life. God did. Can your mother bring you back to life after death? No she can't even save herself from it.

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Very sad to see those post.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
So if someone attacked your home/country you'd sit there and let them kill you, even though they'll probably wipe your whole family off the face of the earth after you?

And sorry, but your mother didn't give you life. God did. Can your mother bring you back to life after death? No she can't even save herself from it.
1- No one will attack me at my home cause i do anything, i do my simple life and thats its. If someone attack you its because they have a reason or they are insane and they need help.

2- God bring us life after death... Huh... I don't think so... lol Well its my idea. Who can know that?

Fishman
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
:sl:
To Jim Morrison:
Do you actually think that most Muslims support terrorism and the killing of innocents? If so, what proof do you have? The people that you see on TV who are supporting terrorism do not amount to a significant number.
:w:

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think all muslim are terrorism.

Muezzin
02-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Peace

Old Hippies.
I think they're fools and are in for one hell of a surpise in the hereafter.

Suicide is forbidden in Islam, as is killing the elderly, women and children. Deliberately killing such people while committing suicide is utter stupidity.

Pk_#2
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't think all muslim are terrorism.
:rolleyes: Terrorists bro?

Erm....

Reminder to the ummah and non-Muslim folks: DON'T GENERALISE :mad: :mad:

lol thank you :)

JimMorrison
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
:rolleyes: Terrorists bro?

Erm....

Reminder to the ummah and non-Muslim folks: DON'T GENERALISE :mad: :mad:

lol thank you :)
huh?

Pk_#2
02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Nevermind-Be GoOoOoD hAhA! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.