PDA

View Full Version : * Stop It...! *



Abdul-Raouf
02-06-2007, 04:53 PM


















Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SATalha
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
That is a really good way to give this message, may Allah make the people who are in poverty suffer no more in the after life.
Reply

tomtomsmom
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I have seen this many times before and it still makes me cry. All of those poor children. It breaks my heart.
Reply

Al_Imaan
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
i will always be very thankful for what I have.......those pics are very sad:(
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
sojourner
02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Thank you for that reminder...i may print it off for my own children to see.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Good message. It kills me seeing it :cry: JazakAllah Khair for sharing.

:sl:
Reply

England
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
We used to donate money to them all the time. Now I've stopped. Their leaders, such as Mugabe pockets the money so that he can purchase on weaponry and build a palace for himself. So unfortunately all we can do for them is pray.
Reply

deen_2007
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by SATalha
That is a really good way to give this message, may Allah make the people who are in poverty suffer no more in the after life.
i second that
Reply

Durrah
02-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by England
We used to donate money to them all the time. Now I've stopped. Their leaders, such as Mugabe pockets the money so that he can purchase on weaponry and build a palace for himself. So unfortunately all we can do for them is pray.
i dont think he was nesscarly saying 'empty your pockets please'

its more to get people to reflect on themselves, what they have and to be more grateful as some are in a better position then others.

as for actually donating cash, most big world charities do not fund leaders! I've never known Oxfam or Save the Children to be directly feeding the mouth of Mugabe or his ilk. Best look at Haliburton and other big mutlitnational corps (many western) about arming despotic leaders in africa!


anyways, thanks to the bro that put this up. definatly reminded me that i should keep saying alhmdualiah for all the blessings i have.
Reply

Keltoi
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
The only thing that can work is a U.N. operation with full oversight by the new Secretary-General of the U.N. All the international aid has been squandered or stolen. It is pitiful that anyone in this world should be starving, and everyone is responsible, not only the rich nations.
Reply

England
02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Durrah
i dont think he was nesscarly saying 'empty your pockets please'

its more to get people to reflect on themselves, what they have and to be more grateful as some are in a better position then others.

as for actually donating cash, most big world charities do not fund leaders! I've never known Oxfam or Save the Children to be feeding the mouth of Mugabe or his ilk. Best look at Haliburton and other big mutlitnational corps (many western) about arming despotic leaders in africa!


anyways, thanks to the bro that put this up. definatly reminded me that i should keep saying alhmdualiah for all the blessings i have.
I remember watching the news and listening to the fact that the money was donating was given to their governments to help feed and look after their people but they ended up spending the money on weaponry and, as with the case of Mugabe, a palace.


"Let's complain less and give more......"
Reply

Durrah
02-06-2007, 11:08 PM
well england, if you dont feel comftable giving charity abroad, nothing stopping you giving some here (if you dont already).

You know what they say, charity begins at home. Theres plenty of people in U.K that are in dire conditions and organisations that could use some extra funds to help relieve some of the social porblems we have.

And if money is tight, you can always donate some of your old goods which are not needed. Theres alot of charities which leave binliners (with their logos etc) at the front door or through the letterbox and they collect second-hand clothes, shoes, books, cd's etc.. you got charity shops too.

we all have something we proabably dont need or havent used lying around the house.
Reply

deen_2007
02-06-2007, 11:12 PM
true...........the way i see it somtimes.....@ d end of the day there are a lot of bad government ppl out there that will keep some of the money in their pockets.......(they r poor themselves, so it must be tempting)...........but atleast that little is used on the ones in need...........even better....why not look for charaties (4rm UK) that actually do the job them selves wen we donate........so the ppl in d middle dnt get hold of the money...hence it is used 100% on the ones who desrve it
Reply

England
02-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Durrah
well england, if you dont feel comftable giving charity abroad, nothing stopping you giving some here (if you dont already).

You know what they say, charity begins at home. Theres plenty of people in U.K that are in dire conditions and organisations that could use some extra funds to help relieve some of the social porblems we have.

And if money is tight, you can always donate some of your old goods which are not needed. Theres alot of charities which leave binliners (with their logos etc) at the front door or through the letterbox and they collect second-hand clothes, shoes, books, cd's etc.. you got charity shops too.

we all have something we proabably dont need or havent used lying around the house.
I am a donater to cancer research. I have been since I was 17, having set up a direct debit to them to take my donations out every month. I'm happy to donate to charities that I know would make a difference, such as this cancer research.
Reply

Durrah
02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by England
I am a donater to cancer research. I have been since I was 17, having set up a direct debit to them to take my donations out every month. I'm happy to donate to charities that I know would make a difference, such as this cancer research.
Thats great :)

I used to donate monthly to amnesty international but had to stop when i quit my job. Now, im just giving out my old clothes, shoes and other bits and bobs that i dont need. Best they go to some use then rot in my wardrobe or bedroom floor lol.
Reply

England
02-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Durrah
Thats great :)

I used to donate monthly to amnesty international but had to stop when i quit my job. Now, im just giving out my old clothes, shoes and other bits and bobs that i dont need. Best they go to some use then rot in my wardrobe or bedroom floor lol.
I should really do that :eek: I got so many clothes that I struggle to fit them in the drawers. Half of them I don't even wear but I just like to keep them for some unknown reason :rolleyes: I got a couple of t-shirts from when I was 14! :uuh:
Reply

akulion
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
excellent reminder
Reply

M-U-S-L-I-M
02-06-2007, 11:52 PM
That is so so sad but good message
Reply

cihad
02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
seen this many times before ,but each time it serves as a fresh reminder to me as to what i have and others don't.

Idea for yall:visit an african country for a holiday instead of going westwards, itll help the economy as well as the people, and you will really see and learn
a lot
Reply

England
02-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by cihad
seen this many times before ,but each time it serves as a fresh reminder to me as to what i have and others don't.

Idea for yall:visit an african country for a holiday instead of going westwards, itll help the economy as well as the people, and you will really see and learn
a lot
NO WAY. I am not going to Africa. they're killing whites in Africa for no reason at all. They have tribes and they massacre their own people.
Reply

Sabbir_1
02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
NO WAY. I am not going to Africa. they're killing whites in Africa for no reason at all. They have tribes and they massacre their own people.
Noone kills anyone for no reaosn, theres a reason...

Message is deep, really affects a person when he sees it, should be grateful for what he have...
Reply

England
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by khalil27
Noone kills anyone for no reaosn, theres a reason...

Message is deep, really affects a person when he sees it, should be grateful for what he have...
The blacks in Africa are killing the whites. It's down to racism. I don't think that would be an acceptable reason...
Reply

Sabbir_1
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
OK so its racism, why dont the whites leave Africa then.?..
Reply

England
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by khalil27
OK so its racism, why dont the whites leave Africa then.?..
because they belong there.... :rolleyes: That's the exact same as if I wass to ask British born muslims why don't they leave Britain?
Reply

Sabbir_1
02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
because they belong there.... That's the exact same as if I wass to ask British born muslims why don't they leave Britain?
its not the same, britisah born muslioms are not being killed, we are not facing racism, we are facing islamphobia....If it was racism like how its like in africa, i think we'll all leave by now..
Reply

aamirsaab
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
:sl:

Stay on topic folks.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2015, 07:07 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 09:23 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:17 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!