/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Honoring Ones Mother After Her Death

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Honoring Ones Mother After Her Death

Shaykh Abdul-Azeez ibn Baaz

How can I honour and show righteousness towards my mother after her death?

All praise is due to Allaah.

It has been established from the Prophet (salAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that a questioner asked him: O Messenger of Allaah, is there anything left by way of honouring and showing righteousness towards my parents which I may honour them with and show righteousness towards them after their death? And the Messenger of Allaah (salAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘[sending] the prayers upon them, and seeking forgiveness for them, and the execution of their promise/ contract [that they may have] after them [i.e. their death] and showing respect and kindness towards their friends, and the ties of kinship which cannot be reached except by way of them [i.e. linked to them].’

All this is from honouring and showing righteousness towards the parents after their death.

And we advise you to make du’aa for your mother and seek forgiveness for her and to execute and carry out her legislated Will and to show righteousness and kindness towards her friends and (to maintain the) kinship with your maternal uncles and maternal aunts and the rest of your relatives from your mothers side.

May Allaah give you success and make your affair easy for you, and accept (the good actions) from us and from you and from all the muslims – and Allaah is the Successful.

www.sahab.com

Translator: Farhan Safdar, Abu Hudhayfah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
02-10-2007, 06:09 AM
:salamext:

JazakAllah!.

:wasalamex

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-12-2007, 02:23 PM

Wa iyakkum.:)

Snowflake
02-12-2007, 02:30 PM
MashaAllah. Nice reminder. We should also pray for their (father included) forgiveness in their life time. :)

Just in case we die before them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM

True sis.:) The question was specific to when the mother passes away though. There is so much we can do for our parents while they are alive.

Re.TiReD
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Salaam, SubhanAllah! Jazakillah for that sis :)

Maimunah
02-13-2007, 09:35 AM
jakaAllah khayr sis

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.