/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should Muslims support a Sikh State in northern Inida?

Dawud_uk
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Peace be upon those who follow righteous guidance,

When a non-Muslim i often admired the Sikhs as an honourable people and pitied how the Sikh youth seemed to have totally lost their way so badly.

But it seems to me to be a historical anomaly that the Sikhs are without a state. Yes there have been wars between Muslims and Sikhs in the past but is that really a cause for continued animosity and hatred?

Shouldnt Muslims as a matter of helping end oppression and injustice help those Sikhs who wish to establish a Sikhi homeland in northern India?

Whatever disputes over their origins, the Sikhs are a separate religion clearly by their doctrine and claims and not a rebellious sect like the Druze and Ahmadis and so couldn’t we as Muslims and Sikhs put those past wrongs (on both sides) behind us and agree to differ where we differ and cooperate where it is possible to cooperate?

What do people think?

Assalaamu Alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
No.
When you create a country based on religion, you have a massive problem that will last for ever. Just look at India and Pakistan, Israel and Palestine.
Every non-Sheik will become a second class citizen, just like it has been for every one who was not a member of the state religion.

snakelegs
02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
well, part of the sikh land is now in pakistan. (west punjab) - don't think you'll find any support for that!

Bittersteel
02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
yes exactly.and I don't know whether they want a country of their own.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
02-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I agree with Wilberhum to some extent, but I think you do have to give careful consideration to when the followers of a particular religion also are, or become a "people" rather than just followers of a particular faith - particularly when geographic boundaries are distinct. I don't really know enough about the the particular circumstances to comment in this instance.

Dawud_uk
02-08-2007, 10:24 AM
i've only been reading about sikhism in detail for a few days but there does seem to be a demand for this.

regarding the situation of western punjab then they'd have to try to resolve that as best they could.

the thing is the sikhs at different points in history controlled right up to pershawah but i think they should at least be given support for establishing their state in northern india as they got a raw deal from the british on partition.

Abu Abdullah

Zulkiflim
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Salaam,

I would say that the Sikh have a right of autonomy..if they wish it and if they have a large minority in the country.

In that they can implement their own laws and govern it as they see fit.

Look at Thai land,the southern thai are getting their own autnomy and even placing sharia in place BUT THEY ARE STILL PART OF THAILAND..

So perhaps autonomy is better,after that we should see..

Do you think Quebec should be its own country becasue of the French language?

Erundur
02-08-2007, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,
Do you think Quebec should be its own country becasue of the French language?
:salamext:

The french sold the land to the Brits after the French-Indain War. As part of a peace agreement.:playing:

:sl:

Dawud_uk
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erundur

The french sold the land to the Brits after the French-Indain War. As part of a peace agreement.:playing:

the the turks sold libya to the italians as part of a peace agreement so was omar muktar and the sanusiyyah wrong to rebel and demand freedom?

not that i am comparing british rule in canada to that of the italians in their colonies but the principle is the same i believe.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Erundur
02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
the the turks sold libya to the italians as part of a peace agreement so was omar muktar and the sanusiyyah wrong to rebel and demand freedom?

not that i am comparing british rule in canada to that of the italians in their colonies but the principle is the same i believe.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

They lived quite peacefully since many french married within the scope of the Indian tribes.

Its not like they set up shop to live there, canada was mainly colonized for trade.

Bittersteel
02-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Zulkiflim what you are referring to is federalism,I think.Both India and Pakistan have it.

chacha_jalebi
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
salaam

lol @ pity the youth :p

i have a lot of sikh friends and personally i think they r hevyyy :D if you go to the basics of their religion they shouldnt be drinkin and all that, but lol on topic i do believe that sikhs should get their own state, because they have been used big time :p 1st by the british, then the hindus :p

snakelegs
02-09-2007, 03:21 AM
some sikhs do want their own state. i think the muslims that support it do so mainly to destabilize india.[
if india granted sikhs independence many other states would want it too - so it's highly unlikely that it would ever happen. also, i think either most, or a large percentage of india's food is grown in punjab.
so...if it were to happen, it would be only at the cost of much blood.

lavikor201
02-09-2007, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
well, part of the sikh land is now in pakistan. (west punjab) - don't think you'll find any support for that!
So there all for it, if it is on Hindu land, but hate it if it is on "Muslim" land. Wow. :thumbs_do

I would say that the Sikh have a right of autonomy..if they wish it and if they have a large minority in the country.
If every "large minority" in a country declared to be its own country, you would have about 150 new countries.

Rabiyal
02-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Good Question, but since it doesn't effect me and I am neither a Sikh or an Indian and like most of you are in that position, then who are we to care about this??? when it's not your battle then why even bother?!?!

Bittersteel
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
when it's not your battle then why even bother?!?!
yes you are right.its none of Muslim business.
and as for Sikhs ,I know one who reportedly eloped with a married Muslim woman and another Sikh woman in school a teacher and some anti-Bangladesh anti-Muslim Sikhs in Bharat Rakshak forums.

PCJS
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aman4islam
From my point of view where I grew up in a Sikh community, Many people want a free state for the sikhs, but alot of those people are scared because oppression, torture, abductions took place in the 80's and early 90's of innocent sikhs as My dad tells me. 5 people were killed in a fake encounter only from my dads own village the rest you guys can imagine. Most of the supporters now days are internation sikh communities, but in the punjab region people are living a peaceful life as they are scared of another war taking place and scared of those tortures and terrorist acts by the indian government.

As a muslim I support the Sikh cause not because I was born into a Sikh family but just the oppression will shock you that took place in the punjab region by the indian government. Many muslim mujahids helped the Sikhs in the Khalistani cause during the 80's by providing guerilla triaing and other help, so I do support a sikh homeland and can at some point help them physically, spiritually or financially. Also as a Muslim I do support a free Kashmir, basically same thing is happening in Kashmir as well, so yeah. I believe any oppressed community deserve a independence state, muslim or non muslim.
Have you read Muslim oppression in Sikh History? I am not a Khalistani but I don't understand how Pakistanis could help get Khalistan when they lost East Pakistan.

aamirsaab
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by PCJS
Have you read Muslim oppression in Sikh History? I am not a Khalistani but I don't understand how Pakistanis could help get Khalistan when they lost East Pakistan.
Psha, pakistan? Don't get me started on that country.

OT: I think the question applies only to muslims living in northern India since those who don't will not be affected by a sikh state in any way shape or form, whether it is implemented or not.

In this case, it'd depend entirely on the laws being implemented by the Sikh state since religion, in this regard, is less important than the actual laws. Though I am aware that certain folk would just be ignorant and get TO'd that it's a sikh state and not an XYZ state.

chacha_jalebi
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
in a way i dont feel sikhs will ever get their country, because if India gives sikhs their land, then the muslims in kashmir will say give us our land aswell, and india is just gona be split into parts :D

but if the sikhs think that they will get Pakistans Panjab, then they are in a great misunderstandin :p

PCJS
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
aamirsaab, this is a fact that there were alot of Khalistanis trained in Pakistan. So there are people in Pakistan who support Khalistan.

Aman, you can't blame Hindu for what's happening in Punjab. It was Govt. v/s so-called Sikh leaders and most of the officials in Punjab killing innocents were Sikhs themselves.

chacha Jalebi,

I met this Pakistani Punjabi a few years and he was saying that they wanted United Punjab out of India and Pakistan.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me as I would never want to live in Khalistan or so-called United Punjab described by the Pakistani Punjabi.

chacha_jalebi
02-09-2007, 11:59 PM

chacha Jalebi,

I met this Pakistani Punjabi a few years and he was saying that they wanted United Punjab out of India and Pakistan.
well im a pakistan panjabi and im sayin i want the pakistani panjab to remain part of panjab :p

and come on man lol we know it will never happen, because its muslims in the pakistan panjab and sikhs in the panjab in india, there will be too much problems like in partition if they were to unite! so inshallah it will never happen :D

and pakistan probably did train the militants to establish khalistan, but i think that mite jus be like a sly plan to like divide up india :D

snakelegs
02-10-2007, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
and pakistan probably did train the militants to establish khalistan, but i think that mite jus be like a sly plan to like divide up india :D
i think so too - that the muslim/pakistani interest in khalistan is really more against india than for sikh independence.

PCJS
02-10-2007, 11:56 PM
It isn't Hindu Govt, instead Indian Govt..

I wish you Muslims would stay out of our business...

PCJS
02-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Yes Aman, you should really go to India and lead a Khalistani group if you are really concerned about Khalistan. Then we will see if you run or fight and die for the cause...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Brother, you have serious issues making blatant assumptions. It's getting really old. We could say the same about you. Don't think otherwise because he is a Muslim now. I see no other reason why you would say that. If not, then I apologize beforehand.

PCJS
02-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Tayyaba, what are you talking about?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Yes Aman, you should really go to India and lead a Khalistani group if you are really concerned about Khalistan. Then we will see if you run or fight and die for the cause...
How else would I take this as :? I'm not trying to argue or anything. Like I said, I apologize if I am misunderstanding you.

Peace :)

PCJS
02-11-2007, 06:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
How else would I take this as :? I'm not trying to argue or anything. Like I said, I apologize if I am misunderstanding you.

Peace :)
Well this guy, along with others, keeps talking about Khalistan and we know it's simple talk. None of these have guts to go there and do something. So, these people cry about Khalistan outside India and Sikhs in India have to pay the price as police find excuses to kill the innocents.

So that's why I am telling this go to India if he is serious about Khalistan and has any guts and then talk about Khalistan over there. What's point of arguing about Khalistan on the net. If he is truthful, he should go in India and fight for it.

PCJS
02-11-2007, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aman4islam
hey man chill lol. To start a movement support is needed and support is important then fighting. to achieve khalistan using violence isn't the only means. u should follow your sikhism i suppose lol instead of picking up a ak47 without thinking. None said to kill people to get khalistan, there are lega ways also okay. Support is very important rather then fighting for any movement if you didn't know. Yes I have the guts to pray to allah spiritually and I do have the guts to help the khalistani movement financially but I haven't tested the physical guts maybe InshaAllah in the future.
Then go there and do it. What's point of screaming here?

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
If you look at my avtar you'll see Sikhs want a homeland called KHALISTAN (Land of hte pure)

History shows mogals tried to eradicate hinduism, but the sikhs came to their rescue. But that was just against the moguls. - As been discussed before, sikhs and muslims have had great realtionships. We have muslims saints Sheikh Fareed Ji being one whose verses are contained within the SGGS. - Foundations of The Golden Gurdwara in indii being laid by Shiekh Mian Mir. so all this animoisty is fabricated mainly to fuel hatred amongst the two. - Guru Gobind Singh, Shah Shenshah had muslims within his army.

During the partion the British offered sikhs a homeland, but those who(insert swear words here) 'represented' sikhs were out to get what they could, nad declined. Well the result is 1984 - THE MASSACRE and attack on the holy shrine of the sikhs. Thousands were killed. - Then primeminister indira gandhi had allowed the attack to take place, and in return she was shot down dead like the DOG she was by her own sikh guards. - On the same day many sikhs were killed by setting them on fire whislt alive many htousnads were killed all led by the congress party who were hindus. - Many Gurdwaras were attacked and many women were raped murdered by these animals. -

To this day nobody has been charged with crimes against humanity, the world did not condemn such acts as they do for bosnia, rawanda dafur etc etc. But that does not bother us sikhs we are the khalas, pure ones of Allah and we don't need people to support us.

Also many sikhs today are being killed as many as 2 million sikh have been killed are ARE still being killed for no reason at all. Sikhs are a martial race and we fear nothing but God! - He has instilled the valour within us. Read the history of the sikhs, the british were godbsmacked by our bravery and recruited sikhs. We are brave and will continue to do so. If a Sikh is NOT KHALISTANI , then he is not a sikh!

Hindus kill sikhs for fun, but they shall perish too. Don't underestimate us. We shall be free from the shackles of slavery. - Pakistan has helped sikhs alot. we have our most sacred shrines in pakistan, and inidia are in fear of this growing relationship between the two. WE SHALL BE FREE!!

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA (THE PURE ONES SHALL RULE)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
As far as I know, if I'm correct, the Sikhs are living pretty peacefully with the Muslims in Pakistan. They showed it before on T.V. Living side by side.

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
aamirsaab, this is a fact that there were alot of Khalistanis trained in Pakistan. So there are people in Pakistan who support Khalistan.

Aman, you can't blame Hindu for what's happening in Punjab. It was Govt. v/s so-called Sikh leaders and most of the officials in Punjab killing innocents were Sikhs themselves.

chacha Jalebi,

Either way, it doesn't matter to me as I would never want to live in Khalistan or so-called United Punjab described by the Pakistani Punjabi.
I'm a Khalistani, and ALL Sikhs who attend Gurrdwaras in the UK, USA AND Canada are too supporters of the movement. Indii is at logger heads with the UK because of all protests against india that take place here in the UK! - We we want our homeland by peaceful means to begin with, then as Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Shanshah said, as a last resort picking up the sword and fighting is justified!

These so called 'Sikhs' are funded by hindu congress to stop the Khalistani independence. It'll never work - Don't forget we fought the moguls, the british...so what are a few pony tailed hindus to us.

Raj Karege Khalsa! (Pure Ones SHALL rule)

PCJS
02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Avar, let me ask you this...

What have you done, in last 10 years or so, to get Khalistan and what are your next 10 year plans to get Khalistan?

IzakHalevas
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
AvarAllahNoor, would you say the "Khalistani" movement is like a Sikh zionist movement, trying to create a state for your people?

The defintion would be:

Political and cultural movement calling for the return of the Sikh people to their home and to establishing a Sikh homeland.

Would this be correct?

Snowflake
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

Shouldnt Muslims as a matter of helping end oppression and injustice help those Sikhs who wish to establish a Sikhi homeland in northern India?

What do people think?

Assalaamu Alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Our priority should be helping oppressed muslims, not anyone else. And as far as India is concerned it isn't only sikhs who are opressed but also christians and muslims there.

Muezzin
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM

What have you done, in last 10 years or so, to get Khalistan and what are your next 10 year plans to get Khalistan?
What have you done to get Khalistan, ever?

Did I sound rude asking that? Perhaps that is how you sounded to Avar. Please be more respectful.

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
AvarAllahNoor, would you say the "Khalistani" movement is like a Sikh zionist movement, trying to create a state for your people?

The defintion would be:

Political and cultural movement calling for the return of the Sikh people to their home and to establishing a Sikh homeland.

Would this be correct?
Yes, but it will not be just for Sikhs. - Jains, Buddhists Christians Muslims are ALL gropus who are persecuted in india. Sikhs are tolerant. We never convert people like others. We're known as the jews of india. - All will be welcomed to live there as tehy are doing so now, even hindus. :smile:

PCJS
02-11-2007, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
What have you done to get Khalistan, ever?

Did I sound rude asking that? Perhaps that is how you sounded to Avar. Please be more respectful.
I have done nothing because I don't support Khalistan. No, it wasn't rude. I am simply trying to convey that most Khalistanis simply talk about Khalistan, no action.

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Read up on the Khalistani movement, and how the UN are now acknowledging the need for independence for the sikhs. The Sikh lobbies held by Sikhs who have had relatives killed by those congress animals. Have you had a family member have his legs pulled apart to the point they are ripped of his body whilst alive, and all this done for just having a long beard and turban, and Kirpan? Well I have!!! - Waheguru Waheguru!!!

May I ask are you a mona??

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Our priority should be helping oppressed muslims, not anyone else. And as far as India is concerned it isn't only sikhs who are opressed but also christians and muslims there.
lol how VERY islamic of you... :rolleyes:

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I have done nothing because I don't support Khalistan. No, it wasn't rude. I am simply trying to convey that most Khalistanis simply talk about Khalistan, no action.
NO ACTION>?? What the hell do you know about it? evidently zilch! - You need to do some fact checking before spouting rubbish!

PCJS
02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Read up on the Khalistani movement, and how the UN are now acknowledging the need for independence for the sikhs. The Sikh lobbies held by Sikhs who have had relatives killed by those congress animals. Have you had a family member have his legs pulled apart to the point they are ripped of his body whilst alive, and all this done for just having a long beard and turban, and Kirpan? Well I have!!! - Waheguru Waheguru!!!

May I ask are you a mona??
Yes I am mona and I have mentioned that before and that's what makes me a unbiased person.

Khalistan is simply not gonna happen and it's useless to talk about it.

Yes there were my people killed in Delhi. We lived in Delhi at the time and my cousin almost was attacked as well. But then, we have had Akali relatives killed by Khalistanis as well. Remember what Sikhs went through under Muslim rulers? You seem to forget that. Remember 1947? Muslims and Sikhs killed each other.

I don't understand why you think Muslims are any nicer to Sikhs than Hindus.

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes I am mona and I have mentioned that before and that's what makes me a unbiased person.

Khalistan is simply not gonna happen and it's useless to talk about it.

Yes there were my people killed in Delhi. We lived in Delhi at the time and my cousin almost was attacked as well. But then, we have had Akali relatives killed by Khalistanis as well. Remember what Sikhs went through under Muslim rulers? You seem to forget that. Remember 1947? Muslims and Sikhs killed each other.

I don't understand why you think Muslims are any nicer to Sikhs than Hindus.
lol - I see. It's al clear now. You're one of those misgided haircut Sikhs.

-------------(see reason for editing) Indian constitutin does not recognise sikhs as sikhs, but keshdhari hindus. (hindus with long hair) Because you're a mona, you can't understand what it is being a Amritdhari sikh. So best not to particpate in such debats. Mone are seen as hindus, becasue of their appearances. - You talk of the partion clashes, who instageted them? muslim leagures and hindus. - To me history is a big part, but what hindus are doing to sikh TODAY speaks volumes.

You carry on with your clubbing amd jatt culture. Untill you come and Accept the Khalsa way, you'll never know what Sikhi of Guru Nanak Mahraaj is!

Gur fateh!

PCJS
02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
lol - I see. It's al clear now. You're one of those misgided haircut Sikhs.

You're the ones who like to stir up trouble amonst sikhs and muslims. Hindus (not all) are out to eradicate sikhi, and claim we are part of hindusim. Indian constitutin does not recognise sikhs as sikhs, but keshdhari hindus. (hindus with long hair) Because you're a mona, you can't understand what it is being a Amritdhari sikh. So best not to particpate in such debats. Mone are seen as hindus, becasue of their appearances. - You talk of the partion clashes, who instageted them? muslim leagures and hindus. - To me history is a big part, but what hindus are doing to sikh TODAY speaks volumes.

You carry on with your clubbing amd jatt culture. Untill you come and Accept the Khalsa way, you'll never know what Sikhi of Guru Nanak Mahraaj is!

Gur fateh!
We are not misguided Sikhs. A Sikh is supposed to be most balanced person and fair to all, which we are. Humanity is best religion of all and even Sikhi believes that.

If you ask your elders, you will know that in 1947, clashes were between Sikhs and Muslims rather than Hindus and Muslims. My great grand father used live in Lahore before partition. They went to India via train. They heard that the Muslim who helped him get out of Pakistan was killed and everybody in trains before and after theirs was killed. If you ask someone, you will find out that Sikhs killed Muslims in Muslim villages and put them on fire and Muslims did the same to Sikhs...

Khalsa is spiritually perfected person and I don't think you are a spiritually perfected person. So, it doesn't make sense to call yourself a Khalsa :-)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2007, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^^It should be our priority sis, but we should also help those who are in need.

AvarAllahNoor
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
We are not misguided Sikhs. A Sikh is supposed to be most balanced person and fair to all, which we are. Humanity is best religion of all and even Sikhi believes that.

If you ask your elders, you will know that in 1947, clashes were between Sikhs and Muslims rather than Hindus and Muslims. My great grand father used live in Lahore before partition. They went to India via train. They heard that the Muslim who helped him get out of Pakistan was killed and everybody in trains before and after theirs was killed. If you ask someone, you will find out that Sikhs killed Muslims in Muslim villages and put them on fire and vice versa...

Khalsa is spiritually perfected person and I don't think you are a spiritually perfected person. So, it doesn't make sense to call yourself a Khalsa :-)
We have good and bad amonst all. All religions have a history, we're not immune to it. - Indai is not loyal to Sikhs, and Sikhs will not be loyal to india. Khalistan will be formed, just as the USSR was adamant they would not fall. :D

True and you'll know the meaning of the word Sikh - Learner. I'll never be perfect. If I said i was, i'd be caught up in haume (ego) :D

The cries of RAJ KAREGE KHALSA are those that Shah-A-Shanasha Guru Gobind Singh ji uttered and his word was God's word!

Snowflake
02-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
lol how VERY islamic of you...
Yup, very! The day I see muslims standing up for their own brothers and sisters, I'll have no problem with them helping anyone else. That is the meaning of priority. I'm sure muslims wouldn't mind signing petitions for your cause, if that's the kind of help you have in mind. But I'd be against muslims getting involved on a deeper level when their own brothers and sisters are waiting for their help.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
^^It should be our priority sis, but we should also help those who are in need.
well, I'm not dead against helping anyone but it could make matters worse for muslims, especially in India. I think enough muslim blood has been shed already. It's time muslims helped each other instead. And anyway, I can't see muslims helping sikhs when they can't even help each other.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Of course Muslims are number 1 on my list, SubhanAllah. And if anyone thinks thats a problem, then so be it.

thirdwatch512
02-13-2007, 02:54 AM
i am an extreme socialist liberal, and most extreme socialist liberals don't want any religious states.

however, i think that there should be one big shariah state, one big protestant nation, one big catholic nation, one big sikh, hindu, and so forth lol. and the rest of the earth would be secular. that way religious fundementalists could shut up and stop complaining lol.

anyways as for khalistan.. i don't see why not! the sikhs are some of the nicest people on earth. they're the majority in that area, so why not?

and for those of you muslims out there who said you didn't support it.. when pakistan became a nation, i'm sure you supported them, right? so what's the difference? this is just another religion being persecuted, and they should form their own nation if they want.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.