/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revision - Al-Mandhoomatul Bayqooniyyah

Mawaddah
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Bismillah.

Insha'allah in this thread we will be revising the book :
Al-Mandhoomatul Bayqooniyyah along with the explanation of it which is At-Ta'leeqaat al-Athariyyah Ala Al-Mandhoomatul Bayqooniyyah.

You can listen to it's explanation by Ibn Uthaimeen rahimahullah here

http://www.sahab.fm/voice/voice.php?id=198&query=

So Lets get started!

The first question insha'allah :

What is the definition of "Isnaad" And what are the quotes of some of the Scholars concerning the importance of Isnaad?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
:sl:

And can you bare with me a Mo', Aslan Kitaabiy shak'luh Bazzahul Ginn! :mmokay:

Nawal89
02-08-2007, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

And can you bare with me a Mo', Aslan Kitaabiy shak'luh Bazzahul Ginn! :mmokay:

Keif bazzuh minnich wa ma dawwakhu awwal minal faja3?:rolleyes:

j/k :p

Lol
I answered to the question this mornign you know and then my whole post got deleted because my computer was acting crappy. I was so angry. imsad :mad:

Anyways. Isnad is the connection chain of the narrators to the hadeeth text.

I'm doing this from memory does that make any sense?:embarrass

Right now i only remember three sayings of the salaf about the isnad :embarrass :embarrass

Sufiyan athawree rahimahullah said that " Isnad is the weapon of the beleiver, if he does not have any weapons than with what shall he fight with? "

Ibnul Mubarak rahimahullah said: "The isnad is from the religion, if it wasnt for the isnad, anybody would say what ever they liked"

Muhammad ibn seereen rahimahullah said" in the early days people didnt ask about the isnad, but when the fitnah happened, people started to ask about it to differenciate between the hadeeths of the people fo the sunnah and the people of bidáh"
Please correct me if i made any mistakes.:embarrass

Umm Yoosuf
02-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

Here we go again the triplets start their own thread without informing me:mad: Amira I hold you accountabl! I guess I got to say Alhamdulilaah I caught just the beginning. I wil contact you personally Amira tomorrow regarding the book Insha Allah :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver Pearl
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89

Muhammad ibn seereen rahimahullah said" in the early days people didnt ask about the isnad, but when the fitnah happened, people started to ask about it to differenciate between the hadeeths of the people fo the sunnah and the people of bidáh"

:wasalamex

Mashallaah! Isn't the last hadeeth go along the lines of 'In the early days they didn't ask about Isnaad but when fitnah came they would say, 'Name for us your men'. so look at the ahlul sunnah and accept their hadeeth and look at the ahlul bid'ah and do not except their hadeeth'

Maybe I'm thinking of a different narration, that is what I remember. Allaahu'3llim

Mashallaah this is an excellent thread! May Allaah reward you sisters greatly!

I don't know if this a defintiion but Isnaad is chain of narration.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Bismillah.

Al-Mandhoomatul Bayqooniyyah along with the explanation of it which is At-Ta'leeqaat al-Athariyyah Ala Al-Mandhoomatul Bayqooniyyah.

You can listen to it's explanation by Ibn Uthaimeen rahimahullah here

http://www.sahab.fm/voice/voice.php?id=198&query=

So Lets get started!

The first question insha'allah :

What is the definition of "Isnaad" And what are the quotes of some of the Scholars concerning the importance of Isnaad?

as salaamu alaikum
isnaad is the chain of narrations of the hadith if i am not wrong

Nawal89
02-10-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Mashallaah! Isn't the last hadeeth go along the lines of 'In the early days they didn't ask about Isnaad but when fitnah came they would say, 'Name for us your men'. so look at the ahlul sunnah and accept their hadeeth and look at the ahlul bid'ah and do not except their hadeeth'

Maybe I'm thinking of a different narration, that is what I remember. Allaahu'3llim

Thats it sis, but since it isnt a saying of the prophet peace be upon him, its called an athar not hadeeth. :smile:

Why hasnt anyone else posted? Amy where are you gone?:muddlehea

I'll post the next question then.

What is the definition of the word hadeeth
Also what is the definition of a Saheeh hadeeth?

Amirah and maw if you want to add the first few bayts of the shi3r where these questions come from than please do. Arabic fonts dont turn up on my computer for some reason. It just looks like some gibberish.:'(

amirah_87
02-10-2007, 11:31 PM

Why hasnt anyone else posted? Amy where are you gone?
Oh man, please excuse me, I cannot find my Bayquuinyyah .. and it's drivin me proper barmy! :cry:

Can you guys scan like the first couples of chapters over to me for now till i find it! Pleasee.. Jazaakillah khayr!

And I promise to make it up to you guys InshaAllah! :(

I'll post up the arabic bit for you Nawal ba'da shuwayy! ;)

amirah_87
02-10-2007, 11:39 PM

Here's the Abyaat, I'll put them in as we go along! so here's the first page for now:

format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

:arabic6:

AlBayquneeyah - by Mahmoud Ahmad Umar

Posted by a Sister over at Islamic Network forums.
http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=8185

Mawaddah
02-11-2007, 12:00 AM

GASP GASP GASP GASP AND DIES

BAYQOONIYYAH HAS A TRANSLATION? :eek: :eek: :eek:

MASHA'ALLAH!!!!!!!!!

:lol: coz I was dreading the translating part you know :p

Princess I'll see if I can scan it to you Insha'allah :D Can count on me :shade:

P.S. since when were you Amy? ;D Kay sounds much more cooler :p

Silver Pearl
02-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Thats it sis, but since it isnt a saying of the prophet peace be upon him, its called an athar not hadeeth. :smile:
Oooh Mashallaah! Barakallaahu feek! I didn't know, athar, i'll remember that Inshallaah:D .

Hadeeth are traditions relating to the deeds and words of the prophet (peace be upon him).

Saheeh is a hadeeth which has a continuous Isnaad. A saheeh hadeeth is free from irregularities in the text or a defect in its Isnaad.

I don't know how right this is, correct me where I've gone wrong please.

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Yeah...

Mawaddah
02-11-2007, 01:13 PM

Hadeeth are traditions relating to the deeds and words of the prophet (peace be upon him).

Saheeh is a hadeeth which has a continuous Isnaad. A saheeh hadeeth is free from irregularities in the text or a defect in its Isnaad.

I don't know how right this is, correct me where I've gone wrong please.
Masha'allah Masha'allah that's correct!! :D

Okay for the next Question :

Give an example of a Saheeh Hadeeth please (along with the Isnaad) And give the reason why that particular Hadeeth is Saheeh.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Why hasnt anyone else posted? Amy where are you gone?:muddlehea

I'll post the next question then.

Amirah and maw if you want to add the first few bayts of the shi3r where these questions come from than please do. Arabic fonts dont turn up on my computer for some reason. It just looks like some gibberish.:'(
in islamic tradition
hadith is the saying,acting and anything the prophet did during his life time
sahih hadith ,in other words are called authentic hadith
the hadith has two parts
1: the chain of narration ,isnaad
2: the content

the isnaad may be good but the content may be good also and sometimes a bit weak

Silver Pearl
02-11-2007, 01:58 PM

“None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”(Bukhari)

The Isnaad is as follows: Bukhari ---> Musadad ---> Yahya ---> Shu'bah ---> Qataadah---> Anas ---> prophet himself (Peace and blessing of Allaah be upon him).

There is 2 sectors to the structure of a hadeeth, sanad (I think this is also referred to as Isnaad, I'm not sure, May Allaah forgive me for my errors :embarrass ) wa matn (the text). This hadeeth is considered saheeh because it narrates back to the prophet (peace be upon him) and the narrators are trustworthy.

Allaahu'3llim

This is the best thread on this board subhanallaah, May Allaah grant you sisters jannat-ul-firdaus!

Nawal89
02-11-2007, 02:37 PM
ok! next question!

As we know the Saheeh hadeeth is a the hadeeth that its chain of narration is connected by the transmittance of a narrator whom is Adl , Dhaabit onto one like them till the end of the isnad without any shududh or 3Illah.

So the question here is:
Can anyone give an explataion for the words in bold above?

Who is one who is 3adl?
Who is the Dhaabit?
What is a Definition of a Shaadh hadeeth?
What is an 3illah?

baarakallah feekum :D

Silver Pearl
02-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Who is one who is 3adl?

One is trustworthy with a good character

Who is the Dhaabit?
One with an excellent memory who recalls things with great accuracy.

What is a Definition of a Shaadh hadeeth?
Isn't that a rare hadeeth, it contradicts with those that are more reliable and vast in their narration.

What is an 3illah?
Hidden flaw, so it can affect the aunthenticity of a given hadeeth although it may seem to be removed from having any defects. If that makes sense, lol.

Don't know if the last 3 are right.

Wa eyakee

Dhulqarnaeen
02-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Im still trying to find out wether the kitab has been translated or not imsad and my ustadh said hasnt been translated :cry: . But I will try to ask my friend who have salafy bookstore insha Allah.
But seeing your answers guys, is it mustalahul hadith's book? Lets say if this book not translated yet, can I answer your questions using the other book? :D Such as "mustalahul hadith" by Mahmud Thahan, or my ustadhs mustalahul hadith's book, can I?

Mawaddah
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
But seeing your answers guys, is it mustalahul hadith's book? Lets say if this book not translated yet, can I answer your questions using the other book? :D Such as "mustalahul hadith" by Mahmud Thahan, or my ustadhs mustalahul hadith's book, can I?
Yes it's a book on Mustalah al-hadeeth Brother. I guess that you can answer the general questions using any Mustalah book. Insha'allah.

Princess I scanned you a few pages already right? Masha'allah Silver Pearl has already answered so perfectly, so give us the next question from the book okay? :)

Oh and Btw, We are doing it Bayt by Bayt right? :?

Umar001
02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I didnt know if this is just quotes from the 'book' so I didnt respond but it seems to be a free for all.

Isnad or Sanad is linguistically something that props something up, within our discussion it is the chain of narration part of the hadith which informs those who took part in it's narration.

A comment on the Isnad, Ibn Sireen who died in 110 tells us that people did not used to ask who narrated such and such until the fitnah, the fitnah being reffered to is disputed but of course it would have to be a fitnah before his death. So we know that after that fitnah then people demanded to know, but this does not tell us that before the fitnah people didnt ask or people didnt name the narrators, but rather, that before the fitnah it was not as necccesary but after the people really started the early task of testing the chain of narration.

Hadith, linguisiticall is news or something new information, it is meanly used to refer to the Prophet's speech or actions or tacid approvals.

I do not know the isnads mainly cos the english writers do not write them!! Argh!!

Mawaddah
02-13-2007, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I didnt know if this is just quotes from the 'book' so I didnt respond but it seems to be a free for all.

Isnad or Sanad is linguistically something that props something up, within our discussion it is the chain of narration part of the hadith which informs those who took part in it's narration.

A comment on the Isnad, Ibn Sireen who died in 110 tells us that people did not used to ask who narrated such and such until the fitnah, the fitnah being reffered to is disputed but of course it would have to be a fitnah before his death. So we know that after that fitnah then people demanded to know, but this does not tell us that before the fitnah people didnt ask or people didnt name the narrators, but rather, that before the fitnah it was not as necccesary but after the people really started the early task of testing the chain of narration.

Hadith, linguisiticall is news or something new information, it is meanly used to refer to the Prophet's speech or actions or tacid approvals.

I do not know the isnads mainly cos the english writers do not write them!! Argh!!
Masha'allah Akhi! that was a really accurate explanation of the meaning of Isnad and Hadeeth.

This thread is about Mustalah, but we are following the book which is like considered to be the 'beginners guide' to Mustalah, so there will be referrals to particular sentences etc. in the Book, but insha'allah even those who dont have it can participate :) Since all mustalah terms are the same.

So...

Since we are going to be analyzing the book Verse by Verse of this Poem, I will post up the verses which we have already studied:

أَبدَأُ بِالْحَمْدِ مُصَلِّياً عـــــــــــــــــــــــــَلَى
وذِي مِنْ أَقْسَامِ الحَدِيثِ عــــــــــــــِدَّة
أَوَّلُها الصَّحيحُ وهْوَ ما اتَّصــــــــــــــــلْ
يرْوِيهِ عَدْلٌ ضَابطٌ عَنْ مــِثــــــــــــلهِ

The ones in Red are the Ones being Questioned right now.

Sis Silver Pearl already gave the Definition of the meaning of one who is Dhaabit masha'allah as :One with an excellent memory who recalls things with great accuracy.

So now the Question is :

How many types of 'Dhaabit' are there? And the explanation of them please.

:w: :)

amirah_87
02-13-2007, 11:30 PM

So now the Question is :

How many types of 'Dhaabit' are there? And the explanation of them please.
Ad-dhabt - linguistically means securing, and here it means strentgh in memorization, being precise and detailed being aware and havin good undertandin of the matters and also protectin what was written 9by a narrator) from the moment he heard it and carried it forth until the time of of puberty.

There are two types of Adh-dhabt:

-Dhabt Kitaab..

- & Dhabt Sadr.

Dhabt as-Sadr (precision/preservance of the chest) is when the narrator memorises and portects whatever he hears and he can bring it forth whenever he wills.

and Dhabtul-Kitaab is to protect the book his narrations in his book from the time he wrote until he passes it on, and not to pas it on to someone who will not protect it or distort it in any way,
it is also possible for this person to change somethings around.

Hope i have'nt missed anythin out InshaAllah...

Next question people , based on this part of the poem:

و الحسن المعروف طرقا و غدت **** رجاله ﻻ كالصحيح اشتهرت

Hasan Is that who's chain of transmission are repute ..

Though it's narrators are not as renowned as thos of the saheeh
Q: What is the correct defintion of a hadeeth that is Hasan, give me one example (of a hadeeth that's hasan) and state the reason as to why it is so!!

Allah Ma'akum!

btw: nice to see so many participants MashaAllah. :)

Dhulqarnaeen
02-14-2007, 12:43 AM

Q: What is the correct defintion of a hadeeth that is Hasan, give me one example (of a hadeeth that's hasan) and state the reason as to why it is so!!

Allah Ma'akum!

btw: nice to see so many participants MashaAllah. :)
Naam, linguistically hasan means good, or in Indo its name of my neighbour :D . And then Ibn Hajar said that hadith hasan actually fullfills the condition of hadith sahih except that the precision of one or more of its rawi just lesser standard. It is the same as for sahih but its just below hadith sahih in strength. (Is it correct?)

Next question: "What is the definition of hadith hasan li dhaatihi and li ghairihi?

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 12:43 AM

Masha'allah Princess!! :D

Baarakallahu Feeki

BTw I didn't get to scan the rest of the book to you, I was in a rush :-[

Okay peoples, answer!! :D:D:D:D

I'm off Princess :) Wassalammm

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 12:44 AM

Next question: "What is the definition of hadith hasan li dhaatihi and li ghairihi?
Nice answer Akhi.

But just to let you know that we are not just asking random Mustalah questions, We're asking according to the order of the Book.

amirah_87 already gave the next Question

:)

Dhulqarnaeen
02-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Ups.....the example???.......Mmmmm...I dont remember imsad :embarrass But its the hadith that harokah hizbut tahrir denied for aqidah ajee laah :D Maybe sis Nawal can give one or ten examples insha Allah

Silver Pearl
02-14-2007, 01:39 PM

Hasan means good, beautiful in terms of it linquistically.

Ad-Dahabi stated the following as to what hasan hadeeth is: " A hassan is a hadith which excels daif but, nevertheless, does not reach the standard of sahih hadeeth.” But it is agreed on that in order for a hadeeth to be classed as hasan it must not have any irregularities.

Malik, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and al-Hakim reported “A single rider is a devil (disobedient), two riders are two devils, but three makes a travelling party.”

The reason this hadeeth is considered hasan is because its isnad falls short for a saheeh hadeeth and thus can not be classified to the level of saheeh whilst it is above daeef.

Wa allahu'3llim

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Hasan means good, beautiful in terms of it linquistically.

Ad-Dahabi stated the following as to what hasan hadeeth is: " A hassan is a hadith which excels daif but, nevertheless, does not reach the standard of sahih hadeeth.” But it is agreed on that in order for a hadeeth to be classed as hasan it must not have any irregularities.
Yes, that's the definition of a Hasan Hadeeth, in Al-Bayqooniyyah there is another definition and it is :

A Hadeeth whose chain of narration is joined by the narration of one who is 'Adl but of a lesser level of Dhabt (precision)from one like him, and it (the chain) is without irregularites and faults.

Malik, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and al-Hakim reported “A single rider is a devil (disobedient), two riders are two devils, but three makes a travelling party.”

The reason this hadeeth is considered hasan is because its isnad falls short for a saheeh hadeeth and thus can not be classified to the level of saheeh whilst it is above daeef.

Wa allahu'3llim
Another example of a Hasan Hadeeth is the Hadeeth of Abu Hurairah, He said that Rasulullah said : "Increase in the saying of Laa Ilaaha Illallah before something comes between you and (saying) it, and do Talqeen with it to those of you who are close to death"

The reason why the Isnaad of this hadeeth is Hasan is because in it is Dhimaam bin Ismaa'eel.

An-Nasaa'i said concerning him : Laa ba'sa bihi (He is not bad)

Al-Haafidh ibn Hajar said concerning him : Sadooq wa rubbama Akhta' (Trustworthy, but May have made some mistakes)

Abi Haatim said : Sadooq Muta'3abbid (Trustworthy and a devout worshipper)

So if someone like him appears in a hadeeth, it does not cause the hadeeth to become weak, but it does cause the hadeeth to have a lower status than Saheeh.

Okay next question!:

وكلُّ ما عَن رُتْبَةِ الحُسْنِ قَصــــــــُر
فهو الضّعِيفُ وهْوَ أَقْسَاماً كُثرْ

This verse is concerning the Dha'eef (weak) hadeeth, So what is the definition of a weak Hadeeth and an example of a weak hadeeth please?

Princess I am SOOOOOOOOOOO going to get you

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

amirah_87
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Okay next question!:

وكلُّ ما عَن رُتْبَةِ الحُسْنِ قَصــــــــُر
فهو الضّعِيفُ وهْوَ أَقْسَاماً كُثرْ

Anything that falls short of the level of Hasan
is Dha'eef, whose subcatergories are numerous

This verse is concerning the Dha'eef (weak) hadeeth, So what is the definition of a weak Hadeeth and an example of a weak hadeeth please?

The defintion of a hadeeth that is Dha'eef (as said by the sheikh) is:

That which falls or lacks one of the conditons of the hadeeth that is Hasan.

an example of this is Hadeeth Abiy Sa'eed al-Khudri: " If you see a man frequenting the masjid then know that he is amongst those of Iman

This hadeeth is classified as being weak because in its chain of narrators is : Darraaj ibn Sam'aan.

Adh-dhahabiy said about him: He has alot of Manaakeer

And Imaam Ahmed said: His Ahaadeeth are all Manakeer..

And Bayhaqiy said: He is "Saduuq" trustworthy, but there's weakness in his narration from Abul-Haytham.

And the shiekh (abul haarith) went on to say: that that hadeeth is one of them!
(ie; one of the narrations that darraaj narrates from abul haytham)

Mawaddah
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM

Ahsanti Prince!! :happy:

So what is the condition which is lacking in this chain of narration which causes it to fall weak?

Nawal89
02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
So what is the condition which is lacking in this chain of narration which causes it to fall weak?
Darraj ibn sam3an in this chain of narration is not a rawi whom can be considered a dhabit or an Adil from what have been said about him. Also this is from one of his narrations from Abul Haitham which is known to have weakness in it.

next question:

What is the correct definition of a Marfu3 hadeeth?

barakallah feekum :)

Silver Pearl
02-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Darraj ibn sam3an in this chain of narration is not a rawi whom can be considered a dhabit or an Adil from what have been said about him. Also this is from one of his narrations from Abul Haitham which is known to have weakness in it.

next question:

What is the correct definition of a Marfu3 hadeeth?

barakallah feekum :)

Linguistically it means elevated/raised. However in terms of hadeeth clarification, it is a narration directly from Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa salam), and the isnad is traced back to him.

amirah_87
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM

MashaAllah Pearly! ;)

Next Question: How many types of Marfuu' are there, and give an example for each?

Allah Ma'akum.

ps: We are currently on "Bayt 7" of the Bayquuniyah:

و ما اضيف للنبي مرفوع

Ahaadeeth attributed to the Prophet are Marfuu'

Nawal89
02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
there are four types of Marfu3 hadeeth.

1- Qawli. And taht is for the Sahabi to say "Rasulullah peace be upon him said..."

2- Fi'li. For The narrator to say " I saw Rasulullah sallallah alaih wa sallam do such and such"

3- Wasfi. That is when the narrator describes the prophet's looks such as "The was light skinned and in medium height or character,for example"the prophet peace be upon him had the best of character."

4- Taqriri- when the hadeeth comes in the form "such and such was done in the precense of the prophet peace be upon him," and there is no narration that the prophet peace be upon him dissaproved or said anything about it.

next question:
What is the definition of a narration that is Maqtu3.
Also, who is the taabi'3i?

Jazakumullah khayran.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
:salamext:

Can I join?:D

al- Maqtoo ': It is what is attributed to the taabi'i or whoever is after him from sayings and actions.

at- Taabi'i : He is one who met a sahaabi and was a believer in the Prophet (SAW) without ever seeing him, and he died upon Islaam.

Am I right?:)

Mawaddah
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
^ Masha'allah Absolutely right :D

Since we're talking about Taabi3i I'll ask a bit offtopic question yea :

Who is the Mukhadhram?

Wassalam :)

seeker_of_ilm
02-15-2007, 03:59 PM
^ Masha'allah Absolutely right :D

Since we're talking about Taabi3i I'll ask a bit offtopic question yea :

Who is the Mukhadhram?

Wassalam :)

Is it someone who became Muslim at the time of the Prophet (SAW), died upon Islam, but did not meet him (SAW)?

Oh I just read....Who.. I think the name was Uwais Qarni or something?

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Is it someone who became Muslim at the time of the Prophet (SAW), died upon Islam, but did not meet him (SAW)?

Oh I just read....Who.. I think the name was Uwais Qarni or something?

:waslamext
Yep, mashaAllah. Some raise him to the level of the sahabi though?:?

What's the next question?

Mawaddah
02-15-2007, 04:08 PM
^ Masha'allah correct!! :)

I dont recall about Uwais al-Qarni though :-[

But for example the Najaashi, he became Muslim at the time of the Prophet but did not meet him and died upon Islam so he is a Mukhadhram.

Okay, so Umm Abdullah has already defined the term of Maqtoo', so now the question is :

How many types of Maqtoo' are there? Along with examples please.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2007, 04:15 PM
al- Maqtoo ' al- Qawli : the saying of al-Hasan al- Basri regarding salaah behind a mubta'di (a person of bid'ah : innovation): "Pray and upon him is his bid'ah "
al- Maqtoo ' al- Fa'li : The saying of Ibraaheem bin Muhammad bin al- Muntashir : "Masrooq used to place a barrier between himself and his family, and then he would begin salaah and leave them to their worldly affairs."

Right?:)

Mawaddah
02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Masha'allah right :D

However it's Maqtoo' Fi'li and not Fa'li :)

Since it seems like you have the book with you Umm Abdullah why dont you post up the next question?

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Erm, I only studied part 1.:-[ And I don't have the book.:X

Mawaddah
02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh you dont have the book? How'd you study part one then? Is it translated in English and I dont know!! :eek: If it is can you pleassssssse tell me I'd appreciate it sooooo much!! :'( :'( :'(

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2007, 04:58 PM

I got it on the net.:D

Here.

I can't find the rest though.:-\

Mawaddah
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Jazakillah Khair so much!!!

I really was looking for a translation, but how come there's only one part? :? Is there a book or did someone only translate this?

Anyway so the next Q will be :

وَالمُسْنَدُ المتَّصلُ الإِسنـــــــــادِ مــِن
رَاويهِ حَتى المُصْطفى وَلَمْ يَبنْ

In these verses there is mentioned the word Musnad

What is a Musnad?

And are there more than one meanings to this word?

Baarakallahu Feekum

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-15-2007, 05:15 PM

I don't know.:? I can only seem to get part 1 online.

http://www.ifol.org/e_library/bayqe....11c209beaace9a

Umm Yoosuf
02-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Anyway so the next Q will be :

وَالمُسْنَدُ المتَّصلُ الإِسنـــــــــادِ مــِن
رَاويهِ حَتى المُصْطفى وَلَمْ يَبنْ

In these verses there is mentioned the word Musnad

What is a Musnad?
Is a connection of chains from each narrator of a hadith reported from someone…until it refers back to the sahabi who reported it directly from the Prophet uninterrupted correct? :rolleyes:

I dunno :embarrass

amirah_87
02-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Is a connection of chains from each narrator of a hadith reported from someone…until it refers back to the sahabi who reported it directly from the Prophet uninterrupted correct?
Na'am Al-Mu'minah, that is correct.

The word Musnad can also be used for a book that has been compiled by the A'immah/Ulaamah stating the ahaadeeth of every sahaabiy.
like you have Musnad ibnu abiy Shaybah , and Musnad Al-Bazzaar , and Musnad Imaamu Ahmed.. etc

amirah_87
02-16-2007, 12:11 PM
:arabic6:

amirah_87
02-16-2007, 12:15 PM

We are currently on:

و ما بسمع كل راو يتصل *** اسناده للمصطفى فالمتصل

The Hadith whose chain of transmission connects to Al-Mustafa

by virtue of hearing of each narrator, is Muttasil

So The question is:

What does Muttasil mean here Or what is the meaning of the hadeeth that is Muttasil?

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-26-2007, 02:55 PM

Is it hadiths that are ascribed to Rasulullah (SAW) by an unbroken chain of transmitters, and not one of their transmitters is lacking?

Maimunah
02-26-2007, 03:23 PM
salaam

Muttasil (connected):

A Hadeeth with an unbroken chain traced back to the source. This has two kinds:

a) Muttasil Marfoo:

Chain goes back to Sayyidina Muhammad.

b) Muttasil Mauqooq (restricted):

Chain goes back to a Sahabi (companion).

wasalaam, lol don't ask where i got it from:)

amirah_87
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Is it hadiths that are ascribed to Rasulullah (SAW) by an unbroken chain of transmitters, and not one of their transmitters is lacking?
MashaAllah, That's correct.

Muttasil (connected):

A Hadeeth with an unbroken chain traced back to the source. This has two kinds:

a) Muttasil Marfoo:

Chain goes back to Sayyidina Muhammad.

b) Muttasil Mauqooq (restricted):

Chain goes back to a Sahabi (companion).
b) Muttasil Mauqoof*

Na'am you're also correct,Jazaakillaah for the extra bit Ruwaydah. :)

Do any of youse want to put up the next question InshaAllah?

Allah Yubaarik feekumaa!

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-27-2007, 02:12 PM

I can't, because I don't have the book.:-\

You are our teachers, so go ahead and teach us.:)

amirah_87
02-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Ookie dokes! La Ba's Ukhtiy.

Next Question: can you give an example of a hadeeth that Is Muttasil Marfuu' & another that is Muttasil Mauquuf?

ps: have youse clearly understood what muttasil is & the differences between the two?

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Sorry if I get this wrong.:-\

Mauquuf: al-Bukhari reports in his Sahih, in Kitab al-Fara'id (Book of the Laws of Inheritance), that Abu Bakr, Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn al-Zubair said, "The grandfather is (treated like) a father."

Marfuu': 'Alqamah ibn Waqqas al-Laithi, who said: I heard 'Umar b. al- Khattab saying, while on the pulpit, "I heard Allah's Messenger (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) saying: The reward of deeds depends on the intentions, and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended; so whoever emigrated for wordly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he migrated." (Bukhari)

amirah_87
02-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Na'am, MashaAllah Ahsanti! :)

so, we'd say: The sayin of Ibn Abbaas is "Atharun Muttasil" and That of the Prophet's "Hadeethun Muttasil!"

Moving on to the next batch:

مسلسل قل ما على وصف اتى **** مثل اما والله انباني الفتى

Musalsal, say it in whatever manner it was described,

For example: "Truly by Allah a young man informed me!...."

Q: What is The defefiniton of "Al-Musalsal"?

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-27-2007, 05:28 PM

Uniformly-linked hadiths; one in which all the reporters, as well as the Prophet (SAW), use the same mode of transmission. For example, “on the authority of,”, and repeat any other additional statement or remark, or act in a particular manner while narrating the hadeeth.:)

Right?

amirah_87
02-27-2007, 05:44 PM
^Na'am exactly..

So it can either be: "Qawliyy" (statement or remark) or Fi'liyy (an act).

So for example:

- Qawliyy: like you've said ; they could all use the same mode "on the authority of.." or they could "swear by Allah"

- &"fi'liy" an action of one of the transmitters whilst transmitting the hadeeth, Like he may smile at the end.. so All the narrators would do the same!! .......... :).. :) .. :)

cute hunh? :giggling:

Next Question: Give me a Hadeeth that this has occured from the beginning of the sanad till the end?
it could be either qawliyy or fi'liyy.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
^Na'am exactly..

So it can either be: "Qawliyy" (statement or remark) or Fi'liyy (an act).

So for example:

- Qawliyy: like you've said ; they could all use the same mode "on the authority of.." or they could "swear by Allah"

- &"fi'liy" an action of one of the transmitters whilst transmitting the hadeeth, Like he may smile at the end.. so All the narrators would do the same!! .......... :).. :) .. :)

cute hunh? :giggling:

Next Question: Give me a Hadeeth that this has occured from the beginning of the sanad till the end?
it could be either qawliyy or fi'liyy.

Yeah! I've seen ahadeeth like that. It's really cute. Sahaba would even laugh because the prophet (SAW) laughed! SubhanAllah. Ok i'll look for a hadeeth now. It's probably going to be wrong. But that's ok, you can learn from your mistakes.

I found this:

Al-Hakim said, Ahmad ibn Al-Husain Al-Muqri’ interlocked my fingers and said, Abu `Umar ibn Al-Hasan As-San`ani interlocked my fingers and said, my father interlocked my fingers and said, Ibrahim ibn Abi Yahia interlocked my fingers and said, Safwan Ibn Salim interlocked my fingers and said, Ayub ibn Khalid Al-Ansari interlocked my fingers and said, `Abdullah ibn Rafi` interlocked my fingers and said, Abu Hurairah interlocked my fingers and said, Abul-Qasim (the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him) interlocked my fingers and said, “Allah created the Earth on Saturday…”

I don't know what book it is reported in though.:-\

Mawaddah
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM

I'm Back!!

Didj'all Miss moi :shade:

:giggling:

But really, I apologize to Princess for not partaking in the thread for the past week, I'm just had sooooooooooooo many things to do :exhausted

Masha'allah Umm Abdullah you're Gooooooood :thumbs_up

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM

Lol it's a wonder what research can do.:X

Just wanted to add:

Al-Hakim gives eight examples of such isnads, each having a different characteristic repeated feature:

use of the phrase sami'tu (I heard);
the expression "stand and pour water for me so that I may illustrate the way my shaikh performed ablution";
haddathana (he narrated to us);
amarani (he commanded me);
holding one's beard;
illustrating by counting on five fingers;
the expression "I testify that ...";
and interlocking the fingers.

al-Hakim, pp. 30-34.

Maimunah
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
:( i wish i knew things

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
:( i wish i knew things

This is a chance for all of us to learn.:) Alhamdulillah i've learnt alot since these sisters opened up this thread. May Allah reward them immensely, ameen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-01-2007, 10:43 AM

Ok, next question please!

Maimunah
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
my plan is to print all this when u lot finish as i dont get it now:)

so yea next quetsion plz:)

wasalaam

amirah_87
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM

I'm Back!!

Didj'all Miss moi :shade:

:giggling:
Miss you? I'd forgotten who you were! :muddlehea

But really, I apologize to Princess for not partaking in the thread for the past week, I'm just had sooooooooooooo many things to do :exhausted
apologies apologies, maa baa yanfa3ik dil marrah ya bint!! :-\ .. siddqq!

Next question people:

What's the definition of the hadeeth that's 'azeez?

Silver Pearl
03-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Next question people:

What's the definition of the hadeeth that's 'azeez?

If at any part in the isnad, only two reporters are found to narrate the given hadeeth, then it is defined as 'azeez (rare,strong). An example of an 'azeez hadeeth is the following: Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessing of Allaah be upon him) said, "None of you (truly) believes until I become more beloved to him than his father, his son, and all the people."

Allaahu'3llim

amirah_87
03-03-2007, 01:47 AM
^ Na'am ahsanti! ;)

So why is that hadeeth from "qismul 'azeez" (catergory of al'azeez) ?

In the definition that you gave there Pearly: "If at any part in the isnad, only two reporters are found to narrate the given hadeeth, then it is defined as 'azeez (rare,strong)"

Meanin' that in any place of the sanad that it may occur two people narrate from two, this hadith is then classified as 'azeez (this however has nothin to do with the authenticity of a hadeeth).

You then quoted as an example the hadeeth: "None of you (truly) believes until I become more beloved to him than his father, his son, and all the people."

This hadeeth was narrated by :
-Anas (radiyallaahu 'anhu) and narrated from him were :
-Qataadah & Abdul 'Azeez!

-Narrated from Qataadah were two other taa'bi'ees:
-Shu'bah & Sa'eed.

& Narrated from Abdul Azeez were:
-Isma'eel ibn Haarith Al-'ulayyah & Abdul Waarith

Got that????

see this diagram InshaAllah:

Not much of a diagram expert *& i'm sleeeepppy!!* :blind:

..but I hope it helps InshaAllah. :)

amirah_87
03-03-2007, 01:52 AM

Next question InshaAllah:

Give the ta'reef (definition) of the Hadeeth Al-Mash'huur.

Wal-Allaah Ma'akum.

Silver Pearl
03-03-2007, 10:30 AM

Next question InshaAllah:

Give the ta'reef (definition) of the Hadeeth Al-Mash'huur.

Wal-Allaah Ma'akum.

Yeah I understood that amirah, jazakallaah khayr your diagram was very good mashallaah, it made sense.

Ok Mash-huur (‘famous’) is a hadeeth which has been narrated by more than two narrators. Some scholars are of the opinion that any hadeeth which later becomes widely known, whether it is authentic or inauthentic is addressed as a mash-huur hadeeth. With a mash-huur hadeeth it may be that only one or perhaps two people report it but later on it becomes widely known unlike the case of ‘azeez hadeeth which remains consistent on the amount of narrators who reported it throughout.

I don’t know if I explained that well or whether I made any sense, correct me where I got wrong please.

Mawaddah
03-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Miss you? I'd forgotten who you were! :muddlehea
:offended:

apologies apologies, maa baa yanfa3ik dil marrah ya bint!! :-\ .. siddqq!

Sidq?

imsad

Khayr Idhan...............:cry:

Mawaddah
03-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Yeah I understood that amirah, jazakallaah khayr your diagram was very good mashallaah, it made sense.

Ok Mash-huur (‘famous’) is a hadeeth which has been narrated by more than two narrators. Some scholars are of the opinion that any hadeeth which later becomes widely known, whether it is authentic or inauthentic is addressed as a mash-huur hadeeth. With a mash-huur hadeeth it may be that only one or perhaps two people report it but later on it becomes widely known unlike the case of ‘azeez hadeeth which remains consistent on the amount of narrators who reported it throughout.

I don’t know if I explained that well or whether I made any sense, correct me where I got wrong please.
Yes you were mostly correct there SilverPearl except you missed out : As long as it does not reach the level of a Mutawaatir Hadeeth.

So the definition would be : That hadeeth which has been narrated by three or more narrators in every level of the Sanad as long as it does not reach the level of a Mutawaatir Hadeeth.

And this is what you call "Mashhuur Istilaahi" (i.e. Mashhuur with the Technical meaning)

Example :

From Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) That Rasulullah (peace be upon him) said : Verily Allah will not remove the Knowledge from the hearts of the people in one grasp, But He will remove the Knowledge from them with the Death of the Ulama', until there will come a time when there no longer remains an Aalim, and the people will appoint for themselves Ignorant rulers, And they will give out Fatwas without knowledge, and thus they misguide themselves and misguide others "

So in this Hadeeth, There are three or more men narrating from Ibn Umar downwards.

This is Mashhuur Istilaahi

As for the Type of Mashhoor Hadeeth which is popular amongst people, then it is called " Mashhoor Ghayr al-Istilaahi" (i.e. Mashhoor without the technical meaning) And those are the type of hadeeth which are well known amongst the people, whether they are authentic or not, and at times they may be just sayings which are well known to the people without having any Isnaad.

Okay so next Question :

How many types of " Mashhoor Ghayr Istilaahi " are there ?

amirah_87
03-03-2007, 03:34 PM
:offended:
Sidq?

imsad

Khayr Idhan...............:cry:
Laa'.. bess anee muftaqidah lakum! :cry:

heyyaaaa ta'rifeen kam uhibbishh!! :statisfie :D

amirah_87
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Okay so next Question :

How many types of " Mashhoor Ghayr Istilaahi " are there ?
There are 6 Types of "Mashuur ghayral istilaahi"

1) The Mash'hur that is known between the people of hadeeth only!

2) The Mash'huur that is common between the people of hadeeth and the ulamaah.

3) that which is common between the "Fuqahaa"

4) ......................................... the "Usuuliyyeen"

5) ......................................... the Nuhaa' (people of an-nahw)

6) ........................................ the People, everyone.

sorry bout the dots :hiding:

Next question:

What is "Al-Mu'an'an"?

Nawal89
03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Al Mu'an'an:
It is the hadeeth in which one the narrators or more use the term "3an" (from). If the narrator is known for tadlees and does not make it clear that he heard the hadeeth, or that it was narrated to him, then the hadeeth is rejected. If the narrator is a person who is trustworthy (thiqah) and reliable(thabt) then the hadeeth is accepted, or if he made it clear that he heard the hadeeth in another narration.

A quick example is the one the author gave : mu'an'anun ka'an sa'eed 'an karam.

Next quetion :
What is the definition of tadlees?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Just wanted to share this link.:)

http://www.sultan.org/books/Mustalah.pdf

Is what's in there correct?:?

Tadlees: Linguistically means hiding the defect of an article being sold. Technically it means hiding the defect of an isnaad and makinf it appear to be sound?

Mawaddah
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
^ Masha'allah! I'm saving that link :happy:

and yes you're correct, Princess next quest?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Good to know it's saheeh.:shade:

Skillganon
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
HAve ypu read this, it is in arabic. Quite funny.

Mushaahadaatee fee Britaaniyaa

You will have to unzip it.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-07-2007, 04:39 PM

What's it about? My arabic is not fluent.

amirah_87
03-07-2007, 04:39 PM

MashaAllah that's a good link ukhtiy, jazaakillaahu khayr & ahsanti on the answer to the question!

Next question InshaAllah is:

How many types of tadlees are there?

this does'nt come up in the book, but i thought it'd be good to recall it inshaAllah. :)

amirah_87
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

What's it about? My arabic is not fluent.

It's a book by Our shiekh Yahya ibn Ali al-hujuuree, he wrote in it what he

witnessed in Britain when he came here a few of years back..

and yes it's really funny!! you should hear him talk about it! :giggling:

JazaakAllah for the link akhee. :)

Here's the book in english Shaheedah: http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/47.pdf

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Two types:
Tadlees ul isnaad

Tadleesush-shuyookh

amirah_87
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Na'am sis that's right..

but there's three more types left? :)

Mawaddah
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
HAve ypu read this, it is in arabic. Quite funny.

Mushaahadaatee fee Britaaniyaa

You will have to unzip it.
I was present for this talk of his when he returned to Yemen Hafidhahullah.

I found it quite humorous :D

And as these type of things are practically Alien to most Yemenies, you should have seen the looks on their faces whilst listening to him.

Hilarious :giggling:

Skillganon
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I was present for this talk of his when he returned to Yemen Hafidhahullah.

I found it quite humorous :D

And as these type of things are practically Alien to most Yemenies, you should have seen the looks on their faces whilst listening to him.

Hilarious :giggling:
It must be strange for you to hear all this stuff.

Well, for me living here in UK all my life it cracked me up, but at the same time it is soo true.

So it was funny to see the reality from a different perspective when I am so saturated (& sensitised) with it.

I read it in english.

Sorry for disrupting this revision. I accidently posted it in the wrong thread. Wassalam

Umm Yoosuf
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Subhan Allah isn't it amazing how many different perspective of living there is here. Some of the situations are just sad, may Allah guide us.

Khaldun
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM

May Allah reward sisters Mawwadah and amirah_87 and all the other members participating in learning the Bay
quniyah. I recorded something for you which inshAllah will be beneficial :) its by Shaykh Saleeh Al-Khazeem, I found it very helpful when memorising it, he recites old skool mashAllah.

http://download.yousendit.com/9B82F7CD05C3C7DB

JazzakAllah Khair to sister Jawhara too!

Nawal89
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Two types:
Tadlees ul isnaad

Tadleesush-shuyookh
The third type of tadlees is tadlees at taswiyah.
It is when a narrator narrates something from his sheikh, and then he drops a weak narrator between two men whom are both thiqah and met each other. The most known person for doing this type of tadlees is baqiyyah ibnul waleed.
( i hope thats clear:X )

How come we're skipping lessons? Isnt it Mubham after Mu3an3an? tadlees comes later on :P.

Ok so next question, what is the Mubham, and what are its types?

Skillganon
03-08-2007, 01:57 AM
The third type of tadlees is tadlees at taswiyah.
It is when a narrator narrates something from his sheikh, and then he drops a weak narrator between two men whom are both thiqah and met each other. The most known person for doing this type of tadlees is baqiyyah ibnul waleed.
( i hope thats clear:X )

How come we're skipping lessons? Isnt it Mubham after Mu3an3an? tadlees comes later on :P.

Ok so next question, what is the Mubham, and what are its types?
Mubham means obscure.

If one of the transmitter of the Hadith is not named then the Hadith is called "obscure" (mubham).

I don't know the types at the moment.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-08-2007, 11:08 AM

When a transmitter is named vaguely such as rajul (man) or ibn fulan (son of so and so) particularly when a father is not well known?

As to unawareness of the narrator it is, as well, a reason for faulting the Hadeeth since once his name and identity are unknown his state is unknown and whether he is trustworthy or untrustworthy like his saying “a man told me” and “a sheikh informed me”

And this is called Mubham and the Hadeeth of the Mubham is not accepted unless he is a sahaabi; because they are ‘Udool.

If the Mubhim brings words that indicate ‘Adaalah like saying “an upright person informed me” or “a trustworthy person told me” there is a difference of opinion.

That which is more correct is that it is not accepted because he could be upright in the persons view not in reality, but if a well-versed Imam says it, it is accepted.

Right?:)

Edit:

It's spelt like this right?

مُبْهَمًا

Mawaddah
03-08-2007, 12:21 PM
^ Masha'allah correct Umm Abdullah!

:thumbs_up

But we still need the different types now?

As'alullah an yubaarik Feekum

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM

I think I'll pass... I can't find the answer.:-\

amirah_87
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

May Allah reward sisters Mawwadah and amirah_87 and all the other members participating in learning the Bay
quniyah. I recorded something for you which inshAllah will be beneficial :) its by Shaykh Saleeh Al-Khazeem, I found it very helpful when memorising it, he recites old skool mashAllah.

http://download.yousendit.com/9B82F7CD05C3C7DB

JazzakAllah Khair to sister Jawhara too!
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Ameen, wa JazaakAllaahu khayral jazaa' for the recitation Akhee! :)

amirah_87
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM

But we still need the different types now?

1) Mubhamun Jaliyy.

2) Mubhamun Khafiyy..

I'm not too sure on that though, I havent revised so Dalaa dalaaa' if it's wrong tayyib?

but if it's right, next question:

Define the two types above? :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM

I pass again.:-\

Mawaddah
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM

1) Mubhamun Jaliyy.

2) Mubhamun Khafiyy..

I'm not too sure on that though, I havent revised so Dalaa dalaaa' if it's wrong tayyib?

but if it's right, next question:

Define the two types above? :D

Inside Bayqooniyyah it gives two types of Mubhamd :

1) Mubham al-Matn (Text) e.g. Hadeeth of Ibn Abbas : A man said to Rasulullah "Ya Rasullah! Is the Hajj prescribed every year?......"

2) Mubham as-Sanad e.g. Hadeeth of Raafi' bin Khadeej from his Uncle concerning the forbiddance of Mukhaabarah......

So here his uncle is unknown.

That's what you wanted Princess? :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM

Genius! :ooh: It's so simple, yet so brilliant. Ok i'm just a bit hyper.

Next question.:mmokay:

Mawaddah
03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
You fine Umm Abdullah? :D

Okay next Question :

The next two verses are :

وكُلُّ مَا قَلَّتْ رِجَالُه عَـــــــــــــــــــــلا
وَضِدُّهُ ذَاكَ الذِي قدْ نَـــــــــــزَلا

I want to know, what is the Meaning when we say a Particular Hadeeth has an 'Aali (high) chain of narration?

And also, what does it mean when we say that a Hadeeth has a Naazil (lower) chain of narration?

amirah_87
03-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Inside Bayqooniyyah it gives two types of Mubhamd :

1) Mubham al-Matn (Text) e.g. Hadeeth of Ibn Abbas : A man said to Rasulullah "Ya Rasullah! Is the Hajj prescribed every year?......"

2) Mubham as-Sanad e.g. Hadeeth of Raafi' bin Khadeej from his Uncle concerning the forbiddance of Mukhaabarah......

So here his uncle is unknown.

That's what you wanted Princess? :?

Naah that ain't what i wanted.. but this is something else, I think the types I stated are in Baa'ith al-hateeth. hmm! .. la ba's.

amirah_87
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
You fine Umm Abdullah? :D

Okay next Question :

The next two verses are :

وكُلُّ مَا قَلَّتْ رِجَالُه عَـــــــــــــــــــــلا
وَضِدُّهُ ذَاكَ الذِي قدْ نَـــــــــــزَلا

I want to know, what is the Meaning when we say a Particular Hadeeth has an 'Aali (high) chain of narration?

And also, what does it mean when we say that a Hadeeth has a Naazil (lower) chain of narration?

These two took me a while to get when i was studyin them cause they're like the opposite of what they are? lol well anyways.. :D

The Isnaad that is 'Aali/ High in it's chain of narrators means that there are a few narrators in this chain so the number of the rijaal are closer to the prophet 'alayhis-salaam or to one of them Imaams.

and the Isnaad that is: Naazil/ lower in its chain of narrators. is the opposite of that ; meaning there are more narrators in its sanad.

amirah_87
03-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Next question:

Give an example of a chain that is 'aali/high in its chain of narrators & one that is Naazil/ low in its chain of narrators.

& it can't be one's that have been made up.. search for the real ones ;)

amirah_87
03-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Ok, was that ^ too hard guys?

Nawal89
03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I didnt have time to do any revision :p

One comes to my mind, but nto from bayquniyyah tho. Isnad Aali :

from A'mash, From Abi Waaíl, From Ibn masúd.
As for naazil i remember anything atm :D

amirah_87
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Ahsanti. that's alright then, give the next question!

jus outside this: I was tryin to remember bukhari's silsilatud-dahab .. it's an isnad that is 'aali and of of the most authentic..

was it: Maalik 'an Naafi 'an ibn umar ? :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM

A lil bit.:X

amirah_87
03-12-2007, 02:52 PM

A lil bit.:X
wa alaykum as salaam,

I'm sorry sis! :-[

if anyone can confirm that "silsilatud-dahab" please do so.. im rackin my brains out here! :blind:

wa jazaakumullaahu khayran.

Nawal89
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
^Yes thats right. You know they have it all in the Baa3ith haashiyah. In the first few pages. I was reading it last night but i cant seem to remmeber a thingggggggg now.

amirah_87
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM

Ok so its that!? Kool.. alhamdulillah.. :)

I see the bits in the commentary of the Baa'ith.. but it does'nt clearly say that that Isnaad is kadhaa wa kadhaa..
It just has : Asa77ul-asaaneed 'indal bukhaari / the most authentic chain with in Bukhari's opinion.. Maalik 'an Naafi 'an Ibn Umar.

I think it must've been given to us as one of the fawaa'id.

but anyways that's such a neat isnaad :shade:

like 'Amr ibn Shuaib 'an Abeehi 'an Jeddihii Or Hammaad ibn Zayd 'an Thaabit 'an Anas orrr Al-'amash 'an Ibraaheem 'an 'Alqamah 'an Qataadah :statisfie

amirah_87
03-12-2007, 04:27 PM

We are currently on:

و ما اضفته الي اﻻصحاب من *** قول او فعل فهو موقوف زكن

Whatever you attribute to the companions regarding..

.. a statement or deed is Mau'quuf
So next question is:

What is the definiton of Al-Mau'quuf?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Finally, something I can answer.:mmokay:

Mawqoof is when the Hadith is related by the Sahabi, but the isnad does not reach Rasulullah (SAW). So it stops at the sahabi.:)

amirah_87
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Lol ..Corrrrrect!! :)

Next Question:

Give the different types of Al-Mau'quuf.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM

This is a complete guess, and i'm going to try and answer this based on previous questions:p, but is it....

Mauqoof Qawliy, and Mauqoof Fi'li?:p

I can't be bothered to do my homework.:mmokay:

amirah_87
03-13-2007, 04:46 PM

MashaAllah ahasanti, Good guess Shaheedah!! :giggling:

but you forgot one more type and that is...

3) Mau'quuf Taqreeriy.

Next question:

Give an example for each type. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-13-2007, 04:50 PM

Can I make it up?:-[

amirah_87
03-13-2007, 04:59 PM

Yeah sureee! Tafad-dhaleee!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Ok... i'm guessing again.:-[

Qawliy:

Fulan ibn Fulan, said that Fulan ibn Fulan said that ...etc... said that Ibn 'Abbas said '.....'

So it it stops at the saying of a sahabi.:)

Fi'li:

Fulan ibn Fulan, said that Fulan ibn Fulan said that ...etc... said that Ibn 'Abbas did '....'

Similar to the saying of Ibraheem ibn Muhammad ibn al-Muntashir about Masrooq, except stopping at the action of a sahabi. I think.:?

Taqreeriy...:hmm:... I can't guess.:X

amirah_87
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM

Na'am , & Taqreeriy is: The saying of a Taa'biyy .. I done that & that in the presence of so & so RadiyaAllaahu 'anhu (a sahaabiy) and he did not reject it or denounce it.

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Next question?:)

amirah_87
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM

Lol MashaAllah!!

و مرسل منه الصحابي سقط *** و قل غريب ما روى راو فقط

Mursal lacks a companion amonst its narrators

and say: Gharib is that which only a single narrator relates

Q: What is Al-Mursal?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-13-2007, 06:07 PM
It is if the Hadeeth has an omission from the end of the chain; then if it is after the the Taabi’ee is Mursal, and this action Irsaal, like the Taabi’ee saying “The messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him said…”

Mursal ahadith are da'eef in principle, since we do not know the person from whom the tabi'ee related from is a sahabi. Although there is some ikhtilaaf on this issue, as there is an opinion that they are saheeh on the condition that the tabi'ee is thiqqa, and also a third opinion which is somewhere in between the two - that it is accepted after certain other conditions are met.

Sorry if I don't make sense, and I messed it all up.:X

amirah_87
03-15-2007, 03:33 PM

I'm sorry for not postin in earlier.. I thought either Maw or Naw would get to it but... :rollseyes :p

Anyways that's correct sis.. I'll try my bestest to go into detail about the ikhtilaaf of the mursal as-sahaabah later on..

next question ukhity:

Give an example of a hadeeth that is Mursal, and explain where the ommision occured?

Wal-laah yubaarik feek. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM

A real one?

amirah_87
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM

^ Na'am. :)

Silver Pearl
03-15-2007, 07:43 PM

‘No marriage is valid except by the consent of the guardian,’ Al-Khatib gives two Isnad going back to Shu`bah and Sufyaan al-Thauuri. I don’t remember the rest of the Isnad but I know Abu Burdah is the successor whom narrated directly from the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) hence why it has been credited as being a Mursal?

Maimunah
03-16-2007, 02:48 PM
If the link between the Successor and the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) is missing, the hadith is mursal ("hurried"), e.g. when a Successor says, "The Prophet said ...".

*additional info:)*
However, if a link anywhere before the Successor (i.e. closer to the traditionist recording the hadith) is missing, the hadith is munqati' ("broken"). This applies even if there is an apparent link, e.g. an isnad seems to be muttasil ("continuous") but one of the reporters is known to have never heard ahadith from his immediate authority, even though he may be his contemporary. The term munqati' is also applied by some scholars to a narration such as where a reporter says, "a man narrated to me ...", without naming this authority.

If the number of consecutive missing reporters in the isnad exceeds one, the isnad is mu'dal ("perplexing"). If the reporter omits the whole isnad and quotes the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, directly (i.e. the link is missing at the beginning, unlike the case with a mursal isnad), the hadith is called mu'allaq ("hanging") - sometimes it is known as balaghah ("to reach"); for example, Imam Malik sometimes says in Al-Muwatta', "It reached me that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said ..."

Maimunah
03-16-2007, 02:53 PM

‘No marriage is valid except by the consent of the guardian,’ Al-Khatib gives two Isnad going back to Shu`bah and Sufyaan al-Thauuri. I don’t remember the rest of the Isnad but I know Abu Burdah is the successor whom narrated directly from the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) hence why it has been credited as being a Mursal?
i know it.
“No marriage is valid except by the consent of the guardian”; Al-Khatib gives two isnads going back to Shu`bah and Sufyan Ath-Thawri; the remainder of each isnad is: Sufyan Ath-Thawri and Shu`bah --- Abu Ishaq --- Abu Burdah --- the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). This isnad is mursal because Abu Burdah, a Successor, narrates directly from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-16-2007, 04:34 PM

Ok clever girls, the question was addressed to me.:cry:

Maimunah
03-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Ok clever girls, the question was addressed to me.:cry:
sorry:-[ geuss u were too lazy n how can i sit around while u learn elm:omg:

Maimunah
03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
this is my first attempt of joinin this thread *tnx to faiza*, but no one is payin no attention:mmokay:

next quetsion teachers:cry:

amirah_87
03-18-2007, 06:06 PM

MashaAllah, that's correct sisters.. :shade:

Next question: what is the ruling of the "mursal as-sahaabiy"?

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-19-2007, 11:09 AM

Just want to say... i'm out.:) I'll still view though inshaAllah. I'll leave it to the dammaaj crew and Ruwaydah!

amirah_87
03-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Shaheedahh!! *sobs* why?? why you gonna leave me here all alone with mean maw!! :cry: J/K!!

Lol, I really reaally appreciate the contribution that you've put into this thread . We wouldnt have gotten this far without you Ukhtee sa7eee7!! ( and Pearly n' Ruwaydah).

... Knowing us, We'd probably still be on Saheeh, Hasan & Dha'eef!! :blind: :p

Jazaakillaahu Khayr for all the effort and hardwork you've put in to this. :)

Much aprectiated, hope you can pop your head in once ina while atleast? *InshaAllah*

Jazaakillaahu Khayral Jazaa' wa As'al-Allaahu an Yazeeduki 'ilman naafi'an. :statisfie

Take Care Sis ;)

Mawaddah
03-19-2007, 05:10 PM

:eek: Umm Abdullah is gone??

Oh why oh why, you've left me alone with *cough*Princess???

:cry:

But Jazakillah khair for all the effort you've put in the thread, masha'allah, you might just be our next Muhadditha :D

Princess check out this link I found for the Matn of the Bayqooniyyah, it's by a little boy though :-\

http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Lesson...&lesson_id=446

amirah_87
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM

Princess check out this link I found for the Matn of the Bayqooniyyah, it's by a little boy though :-\

http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Lesson...&lesson_id=446
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Jazaakillaah for the link Maw,

& Is it me or is he reciting some of the words differently? Like there's some Tas7eef fee ba'dal kalimaat :?

Like in.. Yushaddu aw yu'all.. he goes yashidda.

and in: Mithl amaa wallaahi an'ba'anil fataa' ... he goes amaa wallaahi anbaanil

Lol @ the birds tweetin in the background? .. Aaah Ya Rabban-naaas! Limah!? :giggling:

it's by a little boy though :-\
Why the sad face? Man kunti tabghayn? :p

Mawaddah
03-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Jazaakillaah for the link Maw,

& Is it me or is he reciting some of the words differently? Like there's some Tas7eef fee ba'dal kalimaat :?

Like in.. Yushaddu aw yu'all.. he goes yashidda.

and in: Mithl amaa wallaahi an'ba'anil fataa' ... he goes amaa wallaahi anbaanil
I guess it's just one of those words where you can play around with the Harakaat innit and it'll not change such a big meaning? :?

Lol @ the birds tweetin in the background? .. Aaah Ya Rabban-naaas! Limah!? :giggling:
Well it's a likkle walad reciting, gotta make it cute :p

Why the sad face? Man kunti tabghayn? :p
Inti Daariyah :rollseyes

;D

amirah_87
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I guess it's just one of those words where you can play around with the Harakaat innit and it'll not change such a big meaning? :?
I guess so!!.. but it's messing with my head! cause you see when you memorise something in one way, and then you hear another!! .. it's like.. Ah! :heated:
but anyways...... :X

Inti Daariyah :rollseyes

;D
Aywaaaa..!! :giggling: la'aabah wa7deh!!

BTW You guys found your book yet? :?

If not I might just be forced to answer my own question! :blind:

Khayr InshaAllah.

Mawaddah
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
^ Yes I found my book alhamdulillah! :D

But i'm at work now so I have to sign off soon :(

INsha'allah later okay?

amirah_87
03-20-2007, 01:12 PM

Alhamdulillah!

Okay then InshaAllah, La ba's bi'dhaalik..

thing is wallaahi maa anaa daariy ayn haqqanaa! :hiding: :hiding:

wallaah khazaaa'!! ;D

Mawaddah
03-20-2007, 01:20 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT?????????

Hey is this a hide and seek game going on or something??

I find mine and you lose yours???

;D;D

Yallah find it quick!!! :anger:

amirah_87
03-20-2007, 01:30 PM

Hahaaa.. Maw,A Major "Tandheef wa Tarteeeb " ocuured to our sad excuse of a "Maktabah" lol .. Now I don't know where's what!?! :hiding:

Maa liy illaa an ab7ath lahuu wa a7firhu min baynal kutub al-ukharr.. but inshaAllah I have a rough idea of it's whereabouts, dont worry! :D

This always happens with us though Lol, even in the Qawlul Mufeed Muraaja'ah!! :heated: .. Must be contagious :omg: :omg:

Khayr inshaAllah!! ;D ... You just get to answering the question wa da'nee ab7ath li-haqqiy! :p

Mawaddah
03-21-2007, 08:37 PM

MashaAllah, that's correct sisters.. :shade:

Next question: what is the ruling of the "mursal as-sahaabiy"?
I dont know if the definition of Mursal as-Sahaabiy has been given? :?

It is : What has been narrated from the Sahaabi from the Prophets sayings or actions which he (the Sahaabi) did not hear or witness from He (peace be upon him), It may have either been due to youngness of age, or Because he accepted Islaam late, or because he was not present.

The ruling of this type of Mursal is that it is accepted because it is a General ruling that all of the Sahaabah are 'Udool (trustworthy)

Next Question Yaa Ahibaa'ee :)

What is the Definition of the Ghareeb Hadeeth, and why was it named with the term Ghareeb?

Atrukukum fi Amanillah

amirah_87
03-25-2007, 12:58 AM

Next Question Yaa Ahibaa'ee :)

What is the Definition of the Ghareeb Hadeeth, and why was it named with the term Ghareeb?

Atrukukum fi Amanillah

The Ghareeb hadeeth is:

A hadeeth that's occured in it's sanad tafarrud by one of the narrators, this tafarrud can also be in any part of the sanad.

(i cannot find the exact word for tafrrud in english at the moment, please bear with me.. n if i forget about it, please post it up naahiy? BaraakAllahu feekum)

Wal-Ghareeb summiya bi'dhaalik li'annahu kal'ghareeb al-waheed alladhee laa' ahla lahuu.

(aywaa aywaa 3adanee kasalaa maa qadart 'alat-tarjemeh dal7eeneh, da'nee wa sha'nee mon! :rollseyes )

An example of a hadeeth that's ghareeb:

Hadeeth: Innamall 'amaalu binniyyaat / Actions are but by intentions.

Mukhtasar jiddan sa7, namshee 'alaa barakatillaah. :D

Next:

In the Hadeeth above explain how the taffarrud occured.

Maimunah
03-25-2007, 09:59 PM
i was thinking if u can also post the arabic verson of what ur sayin aswell. that is if u can:)

amirah_87
03-30-2007, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah
i was thinking if u can also post the arabic verson of what ur sayin aswell. that is if u can:)

Wa alaykum as salaam,

You mean just the Abyaat / poems or the actual texts and explanations of them?

Maimunah
04-03-2007, 12:11 PM

post the daleel in arabic plus the translation in english please sister:)

:W:

amirah_87
04-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Oooh ok then InshaAllah.

Since Shaheedah's left we aint gotten nowhere man! :-[ :heated:

Here's the next question Guys:

Next:

In the Hadeeth above explain how the taffarrud occured

Maimunah
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM

ave been tryin to answer it but its toooooooooo hard.

sorry

amirah_87
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

You'd have to look at the Sanad/ chain of narrators for it...

amirah_87
04-05-2007, 10:37 AM

Ok, here goes the answer to the question:

Next:

In the Hadeeth above explain how the taffarrud (possesion) occur?
Hadeeth Umar: "Innamal 'amaalu bin-niyyaat".. Actions are but by intentions..

تفرد بروايته عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عمر ابن الخطاب , ثم علقمة عنه , ثم محمد ابن ابراهيم التيمي عنه, ثم يحيى بن سعيد اﻻنصاري , ثم اشتهر بعد ذلك
Ibn Umar radiyalAllaahu 'anhu narrated it from the Prophet salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam alone and narrated from him only was 'Alqamah and from 'Alqamah.. Muhammed ibn Ibraaheem At-Taymiy and from Muhammed..Yahya ibn Sa'eed Al-Ansaariy and from Yahya the Taffrud (possesion of one) stopped and it became Mash'huur/wide spread between the narrators.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
:salamext: girls
I made these notes after listening to Yasir Qadhi's explanation of the sciences of hadeeth (part 1). Can you check if I put it down right, and correct any mistakes... or possibly help me to make it easier to understand.

Sciences of Hadeeth

Categories of hadeeth:

Acceptable:
- Saheeh lidhaatihi (Authentic according to its own merit)
o Complete Isnaad.
o ‘Adl – trustworthy narrators. The definition is: A Muslim person who is sane and of age, and avoids the major sins and also avoids continuing minor sins.
o Dhabt – highly accurate narrator.
o It cannot be shaadh – meaning a hadeeth that contradicts something stronger than it, i.e. the Qur’an or a hadeeth stronger than it.
o The hadeeth cannot have an ‘ilah (a hidden defect that only a muhaddith can spot), e.g. a narration from ibn Mas’ood. 10 people in the chain said that the narration was from ibn Mas’ood (e.g., “ibn Mas’ood said…”). One person forgot it was from ibn Mas’ood, and raised it to the saying of the Prophet (SAW) by accident, yet all the other conditions are there. This is the most difficult condition to spot.
o When you have two or more hasan hadeeth, with the same matn (text), but with two different isnaad (chain of narrations), it is raised to the level of Saheeh lighayrihi (Saheeh according to supporting evidences).

- Hasan lidhaatihi (Good according to its own merit)
o Fulfills all of the five criteria of a Saheeh hadeeth, except that in condition three, instead of the narrators being Dhabt, they are average in their memory.
o When you have two or more da’eef hadeeth, with the same matn (text), but with two different isnaad (chain of narrations), it is raised to the level of hasan lighayrihi (good according to supporting evidences).
o Anything below this, it is not acceptable to act upon this, according to the vast majority of scholars. As for mawdoo’, all of the scholars agree that this cannot be acted upon.

Da’eef (weak):

1. The isnaad is not continuous or complete:

o Mursal:- The isnaad is broken, the companion is missing , e.g. ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar is missing from the chain, and Naafi’ (a tabi’ee) reports directly from the Prophet (SAW), thought he never met him. This is the strongest type of mursal hadeeth, since only the companion is missing, and all of the sahaba are ‘adl and Dhabt, as Allah has praised them in the Qur’an and stated that He is pleased with them, so they do not lie about the Prophet.
o Mu’allaq:– when the primary shaykh of the author or more people are missing from the end of the chain. For example, Bukhari reports from Imam Malik, though he studied under his students, but he never met Imam Malik. The gap has to be continuous. For example, He misses his shaykh, the shaykh’s shaykh, and that shaykh’s shaykh. Even if, for example, Bukhari directly quoted the Prophet, this is still mu’allaq, as the gap is continuous.
o Mu’dhal :- Two consecutive people are missing. For example, Bukhari said, that ‘Abdullah ibn Maslamah said, that ibn ‘Umar said, that the Prophet said.
- Mu’allaq Mu’dhal: Two consecutive people are missing, and the primary shaykh is also missing, e.g. Bukhari said, that Naafi’ said, that ibn ‘Umar said, that the Prophet said.
o Munqati’ – Any other break in the chain is Munqati’, this is in the specific sense. However, some scholars of hadeeth generally refer to any break in chain as Munqati’.
o Mudallas: Normally, the scholars would use specific language such as, ‘I heard’, or ‘So-and-so narrated to me’. However, sometimes the word ‘an is used, which means ‘from’. It is not clear if they heard these words directly. Certain narrators were known for using these terms, though they never met the person whom they heard from. The scholars of hadeeth hated tadlees, and specific books were written on those who performed tadlees on purpose.

2. The narrators are not ‘Adl:
o If his ‘adaalah is impugned, his hadeeth will always be either da’eef jiddan or mawdoo’. For example;
o Major innovators of the deviant sects, e.g. a raafidhee.
o Liar. However, if he used to lie against the Sunnah, his hadeeth will be classified as fabricated. If he lied about worldly affairs, his hadeeth will be classified as da’eef jiddan.
o Committed major sins.
o If the narrator is unknown (majhool person), and there’s no biography of him, then we don’t know if he was a liar or pious person. This hadeeth is da’eef. However, if only one person narrated from them, it is da’eef jiddan. If two or more narrators narrated from him, it is da’eef.

3. The narrators are not Dhabt.
o There are various levels of Dhabt.
- If you have the highest quality, your hadeeth are Saheeh.
- If you are average, your hadeeth are hasan.
- If you are below average, then it is da’eef.
- However, if you’re really below average, your hadeeth are da’eef jiddan.
- Mawdoo’ does not fit in to this category, as the ‘adl is checked before the Dhabt.

4. Shaadh hadeeth.
o A hadeeth that contradicts something that is stronger than it. The outer isnaad looks authentic (meets the first three conditions), but in the matn contradicts something that is stronger than it.
o E.g., ‘Aisha (ra) narrated that the Prophet would lie on his right side after praying two raka’ah of Sunnah for Fajr. However, one of the narrators made a mistake, and said that the Prophet (SAW) said when you pray two raka’as of Sunnah for Fajr, then lie down on your right hand side. So he changed the action in to a statement. In order to correct this you need to compare it to stronger ahadeeth, e.g. the narrators have more Dhabt.
5. Mu’allal.
o Has a hidden defect. Example was given in the Saheeh category.

Da’eef jiddan (very weak):
o If the narrator is unknown (majhool person), and there’s no biography of him, then we don’t know if he was a liar or pious person. This hadeeth is da’eef. However, if only one person narrated from them, it is da’eef jiddan.
o Liar. If he lied about worldly affairs, his hadeeth will be classified as da’eef jiddan.
o Committed major sins.
3. The narrators are not Dhabt.
- If your strength of memory is really below average, your hadeeth are da’eef jiddan.

Mawdoo’ (fabricated):

o If his ‘addaalah is impugned, his hadeeth will always be either da’eef jiddan or mawdoo’. For example;
o Liar; if he used to lie against the Sunnah, his hadeeth will be classified as fabricated.
o Committed major sins.

The Classification of a Hadeeth depending on its final authority:

o Marfoo’: Linguistically this means ‘raised’. If the hadeeth goes back to the authority of the Prophet (SAW).
o Mawqoof: Goes back to a companion.
o Maqtoo’: Goes back to the successors (tabi’een and tabi’ tabi’een), e.g. Ikrimah, Mujaahid, ‘Alqamah, etc. These last two are more appropriately named ‘athaar’. These are based on their knowledge.

Definition of a sahaabi: A person who saw the Prophet (SAW), in the Prophets lifetime, and believed in the prophet, and died upon eemaan. He/she also died within 100 years of the Prophet’s death. This is due to the hadeeth:

‘The Prophet prayed one of the ‘Isha prayed in his last days and after finishing it with Tasleem, he stood up and said, “Do you realise (the importance of) this night? Nobody present on the surface of the earth tonight would be living after the completion of one hundred years from this night.”
[Al Bukhari, Vol.1, Book 10, No. 575]

Definition of a Mukhadram: A person that lived at the time of the Prophet (SAW), and met the conditions of a companion, except that he never saw him.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Part 2.

The science of Al Jarh wa At-Ta’deel

Jarh: To accuse the narrator of being unacceptable in his transmission of hadeeth. So you are either accusing his ‘adl (trustworthiness) or his Dhabt (strength of memory).

Ta’deel: To make the narrator trustworthy and of an acceptable memory.

This was performed by a special category of muhaditheen of every generation, by the form of testing.

Important Note: The Companions are above jarh wa ta’deel, as they are companions of the Messenger of Allah, and Allah has praised them. So if a tabi’ee were to mention that he heard a hadeeth from ‘a sahaabi’ without mentioning his name, the hadeeth would still be Saheeh as all the sahaaba are trustworthy. In fact, Bukhari has a hadeeth where this occurs in Saheeh al-Bukhari.

Many scholars wrote books on jarh wa ta’deel. There are more than 70-100 in print and available in our times. Later scholars had an advantage over earlier scholars, as they had access to books that earlier scholars did not have access to. So they compiled the earlier works of scholars.

o Imam Bukhari wrote a book at the age of 18 on Jarh wa Ta’deel, named at-tareekh al-kabeer (the big history). This is published in about 8 volumes. This was his first book.

o ‘AbdulGhaniy al-Maqdisee (D.610) wrote a book called al-Kamaal fee Asmaa wa Rijaal. This book was so thorough and so comprehensive, that every scholar after him had to rely on his book. He chose in this book to compile the names of narrators of six books of hadeeth. Till this day, when we refer to ‘the six books’, we refer to the books of hadeeth that he used. They are Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, at-Tirmidhi, An-Nasaa’ee, Ibn Majah. These six books became better known after he chose them, so that is why they are famous. This book is not in print today.

o Jamal-ad-Deen al-Mizee (D.720) (one of the students/teachers/close friends of ibn Taymiyyah) took Al Kamaal fee Asmaa wa Rijaal and added to it, subtracted unnecessary information and compiled another book named tahdheeb al-Kamaal. This is the standard major reference of the muhaditheen of our time. So the reason al-Kamaal fee Asmaa wa Rijaal is not in print is because Jamal-ad-Deen al-Mizee reorganising it so well, that al-Kamaal fee Asmaa wa Rijaal became ignored. This book is published in 38 volumes, and is the biggest encyclopaedia of jarh wa ta’deel in existence.

o Ahmad ibn ‘Ali ibn Hajar (D.854) took this book tahdheeb al-Kamaal and condensed and compressed it in to a smaller work. This book was called tahdheeb at-tahdheeb (the summary of the summary). This book is available in four or five volumes. However he felt that this was also too big, so he wrote a book called taqreeb at-tahdheeb (condensing of the summary). This is available in one volume. All it contains is his name, his kunyah, his father’s name, grandfather’s name, tribe, his date of death and his degree or level of jarh or ta’deel. This was one word at the end, e.g. da’eef, kadhdhaab, Haafidh or Imaam.

These are the more important works of jarh wa ta’deel.

Categories of jarh wa Ta’deel:
From highest to lowest;
Ta’deel
o Extreme words of praise, e.g. Imaam of the Dunyaa, shaykh-ul-Islaam, Imaam-ul-Muhaditheen, Haafidh-ad-Dunyaa or ‘I don’t know anyone of his status’, etc. This is very rare and limited to the highest scholars such as Sufyaan ath-Thawree, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Imam Bukhari, Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyainah.
o High words of praise, such as ‘He is not one that is asked about’, i.e., his ‘adl and Dhabt is so high that you should not even question it – there is no doubt.
o To repeat a phrase of ta’deel twice. For example, Imaamun Haafidh, Thiqqatun ‘adl, thiqqatun Haafidh, thiqqatun Hujjah, etc.
o To use one word of ta’deel. For example, thiqqah. So all of the above, their hadeeth are Saheeh, as long as there is no shaadh or ‘ilah.
o When you use average phrases, e.g. ‘he has no problem’
o Lowest category of praise, e.g. ‘InshaAllah he’s thiqqah’, ‘thiqqah but makes some mistakes’. With these last two categories, their hadeeth are hasan.

Jarh
o The slightest term for weakness, e.g., ‘people talk about him’ (meaning the scholars of hadeeth), ‘we have our doubts’.
o To be explicit, e.g. ‘Da’eef’, ‘Cannot memorise his hadeeth’, ‘has some strange hadeeth’. These two categories will be classified as da’eef.
o Severely dispraise, e.g. ‘Da’eef jiddan’, ‘rejected’, ‘it is not permissible to narrate from him’.
o To accuse him of lying, e.g. ‘He was accused of lying’. Both of these hadeeth are da’eef jiddan.
o To explicitly accuse him of lying, e.g. ‘he was a kadhdhaab!’, ‘so-and-so stole hadeeth’, ‘fabricated hadeeth’.
o The worst category, e.g. ‘Fulaan Dajjaal’, ‘the leader of the liars’. These last two are mawdoo’.

Types of Hadeeth Books, and Examples

Jawaami’ (comprehensive): These would include fiqh, Tafseer, history, qasas of the anbiyaa, ‘aqeedah. An example of this would be;
o Al Muwatta of Imam Malik ibn Anas (D.179).
o Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Musnad al-Mukhtasar min sunan ar-Rasoolillahi sal-Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam min sunan wa af’ali wa ayaamihi (Saheeh al-Bukhari) by Muhammad ibn Isma’eel al-Bukhari (D.260).
o Saheeh Muslim by Muslim ibn Hajjaaj al-Qushayri (D.261).

Sunan: Concentrated on fiqh, and this was the primary purpose.
o Sunan Abee Dawood, by Abu Dawood Sulayman ibn ‘Ash’ath as-Sijastaanee (275). This is the most authentic of the sunan works.
o Sunan at-Tirmidhee, by Muhammad ibn ‘Easa at-Tirmidhee (D.279). However, this work is closer to being a jaami’, and this is how many scholars refer to it.
o Sunan ibni Maajah, by Muhammad ibn Yazeed ibn Maajah (D.279).
o Sunan an-Nasaa’ee, by Ahmad ibn Shu’ayb an-Nasaa’ee (D.303). He was the last of the six muhaditheen to die.
o Sunan ad-Daaraqutnee.
o Sunan ad-Daarimee.
All of these are in print, and all except ad-Daarimee have a sharh (explanation).

Musnad: Arranged according to the sahaabi.
o Musnad of Ahmad ibn Hanbal (D.241). This is the most prominent of the Musnad books.

Mu’jam: Arranged alphabetically based on the shaykhs of the student.
o Mu’jam of at-Tabaraani (D.370). He had three mu’jams;
- Mu’jam al-Kabeer
- Mu’jam al-Awsad
- Mu’jam as-sagheer

‘Ilal: Books describing the ‘Ilal of hadeeth.
o The most famous being that of ad-Daaraqutnee. This is comprised of 11 volumes.

Ajzaa': Small books on a small topic, similar to a pamphlet.

seeker_of_ilm
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM

On the topic of Hadith Sciences, an excellent set of 20 lectures on the topic can be found here:

http://islamlecture.com/mustalah.htm

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM

I don't get it. How do you download it?

Umm Yoosuf
06-08-2007, 11:53 AM
:wasalamex :muslimah:

I was wondering the same thing!

Al Muwahhidah Masha Allah. Keep them coming :)

seeker_of_ilm
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Just right click the Windows Media Player logo, for the lecture you want, and click "Save target as..." and Save.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM

But when I try to save... it says htm. document.:?

seeker_of_ilm
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM

I found this http://www.islamicboard.com/581917-post1.html the links are all there, and they save in the mp3 format.

seeker_of_ilm
06-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Accompanying notes to the above lectures:

http://islamlecture.com/documents/mustalah.pdf

Umar001
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Muwahhidah
Definition of a sahaabi: A person who saw the Prophet (SAW), in the Prophets lifetime, and believed in the prophet, and died upon eemaan. He/she also died within 100 years of the Prophet’s death.
I don't know if you were asking the sisters only, but just a point, maybe you could mention the part as to why the 100 years death, I mean what the teacher mentions, I believe it's a hadith or something.

The way you used Dhabt is abit confusing.

Pretty nice though

amirah_87
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Definition of a sahaabi: A person who saw the Prophet (SAW), in the Prophets lifetime, and believed in the prophet, and died upon eemaan. He/she also died within 100 years of the Prophet’s death.
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Hey there sis.

I'd just like to add that I've never really heard of that part before (in the bold).
The Ta'reef (definition) that's commonly used is:

A person who saw the Prophet (Salallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) in the Prophets' lifetime, and believed in the prophet, and died upon that state (of Eemaan).

Wallaahu a'lam. You may want to re-check that sis?

If that's what the sheikh gave then, I'd really like to know why? hmmm.

amirah_87
06-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Ajzaah: Small books on a small topic, similar to a pamphlet.
Ajzaa' is with an alif Mamduudah at the end (The alif with the stick and after it is a hamzah).

Not, a haa or taa Marbuutah.

hope that helps.

Umar001
06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
The speaker mentions of a I believe hadith or statement in which it says that everyone then will die within 100 years, I dont recall if it was everyone as in in the whole world or just of the companions.

Anyhow, it is then said that there was this man from india, old man, who claimed to be a companion, lol, and he came some long long time, and this statement or hadith was used to disprove him.

I dont recall if it was 100 years though but I recall listenin and writin this down as a codition, never heard anyone else mention it either though.

Was there also not an extra one, that he must follow the shariah of the prophet? I remember hearing this somewhere, I am not sure if this was in the above talk, but that obviously if this was not a condition then all the other prophets that saw him in miraaj would be sahabi, whilst only Eesa will be, since he will follow the sharia.

amirah_87
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Interesting... Allahu a'lam. First time I'm hearing of this too.

Hey Shaheedah, I skimmed through the two chapters N' all seems good alhamdulillah (wallaahu a'lam).

Although with the Dhabt, I'm a lil conufsed too.

Mawaddah
06-12-2007, 01:49 AM
The speaker mentions of a I believe hadith or statement in which it says that everyone then will die within 100 years, I dont recall if it was everyone as in in the whole world or just of the companions.

Anyhow, it is then said that there was this man from india, old man, who claimed to be a companion, lol, and he came some long long time, and this statement or hadith was used to disprove him.

I dont recall if it was 100 years though but I recall listenin and writin this down as a codition, never heard anyone else mention it either though.

Was there also not an extra one, that he must follow the shariah of the prophet? I remember hearing this somewhere, I am not sure if this was in the above talk, but that obviously if this was not a condition then all the other prophets that saw him in miraaj would be sahabi, whilst only Eesa will be, since he will follow the sharia.
Yes I know who you are talking about. This man was named Ratin Al-Hindi and there is a famous saying about him it goes :
Ratinun al - Hindi..wa Maa Adraaka Man Ratin?
Dajjalun min ad-dajaajilah, idda3aa as-suhbata ba3dannabi bithalaath mi'at sanah.

Ratin al-Hindi, and what do you know of Ratin? Verily he was a Dajjal (liar) amongst the liars, he claimed Companionship of the Prophet after his death by 300 years.

But that definition of the 100 years is extra to me also.

Umar001
06-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Lol that is some wierdo, imagine he musta claimed to be like 300+ years old, he must have been ill, SubhanAllah.

Can someone please just spell out Shadh in arabic, and Illa, and dhabt and Adil. Thanks.

.:Umniyah:.
06-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Lol that is some wierdo, imagine he musta claimed to be like 300+ years old, he must have been ill, SubhanAllah.

Can someone please just spell out Shadh in arabic, and Illa, and dhabt and Adil. Thanks.
شذ
عل
ضبط
عدل

i think...

amirah_87
06-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes I know who you are talking about. This man was named Ratin Al-Hindi and there is a famous saying about him it goes :
Dajjalun min ad-dajaajilah, idda3aa as-suhbata ba3dannabi bithalaath mi'at sanah.

Ratin al-Hindi, and what do you know of Ratin? Verily he was a Dajjal (liar) amongst the liars, he claimed Companionship of the Prophet after his death by 300 years.

Iyyy Sa7 Sa7!! I was thinking about it alll yesterday, and all I could recall was Al-Hindiy.

Jazaakillaah Khayr Darl' ;)

ps: Shaadh & Illah are spelt like this:

شاذ ~ Shaadh.

علة ~'Illah.

06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
ps: Shaadh & Illah are spelt like this:

شاذ ~ Shaadh.

علة ~'Illah.
i knew that :rollseyes :rollseyes :p:p

:D gacious senorita!:thumbs_up

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't know if you were asking the sisters only, but just a point, maybe you could mention the part as to why the 100 years death, I mean what the teacher mentions, I believe it's a hadith or something.

The way you used Dhabt is abit confusing.

Pretty nice though

He didn't give a reference, so that's why I didn't include it. I'm very fussy about the references.

Should I take that bit out? Oh, and jazakAllah khayr for the spelling corrections sisters.

Btw Umniyyah... I even knew those spellings were incorrect.:p

Dhulqarnaeen
06-14-2007, 03:17 AM
Masha ALlah, been long time not entering this thread. Great works guys masha Allah. Mmm...can someone write it in Arabic for me please, and tell me what it means:
"Ataanii hawaahaa qobla an a'rifal hawa, fashaadafa qalban khaaliyan fatamakkana".
Sukran jazilan wa jazakumullah khair

Dhulqarnaeen
06-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Hey there sis.

I'd just like to add that I've never really heard of that part before (in the bold).
Na'am...Im wondering about that too...whose definitions is that? :rollseyes

Guys...can we do something which the rewards that we can have can be more than sahabah? :) Can you mention the hadith? Insha Allah khayr

06-14-2007, 07:20 AM

Btw Umniyyah... I even knew those spellings were incorrect.:p
:p:p so did I...its a shame innit, rushing like that :enough!: *and whats worst is im studying the book and see the words all the time* *gasps and dies of embarrassment* :blind:

Mawaddah
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Masha ALlah, been long time not entering this thread. Great works guys masha Allah. Mmm...can someone write it in Arabic for me please, and tell me what it means:
"Ataanii hawaahaa qobla an a'rifal hawa, fashaadafa qalban khaaliyan fatamakkana".
Sukran jazilan wa jazakumullah khair

أتاني هواها قبل أن أعرف الهوى

فصادف قلبا خاليا فتمكنا

Real pretty poem Masha'allah :)

Princess do you remember taking a poem like this whilst learning Kawaakib or something? It sounds reallllllll familiar to me.....

And what about this one :

سلام على دنيا إذا لم يكن بها : صديق صدوق صادق الوعد متصفا

Salaamun 'Ala dunya idhaa lam yakun Bihaa

Sadeeqin Saduuqun Saadiqal Wa'di Muttasifaa...

Arent they both so lovely :statisfie

Umar001
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM

He didn't give a reference, so that's why I didn't include it. I'm very fussy about the references.

Should I take that bit out?
Wa aleykum salam wa rhametullahi wa berekatu,

I was thinking the same, i.e. that I dont remember a reference, what I was saying was that you could include a note next to it saying something like "The speaker mentioned such and such but I have not been able to locate the hadith"

So you'd mention the incident that the speaker spoke of, and then say you cannot find the hadith mentioned within that incident.

I see that happens in some books where the translators cannot find a hadith. I personally find that helpful, so I know what was said, and I know the quote, I just need to find the source, so I can ask a student of knowledge around my area if they have heard of it.

amirah_87
06-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Hey guys,

Question: When are we going to start up the bayquuniyah revsion again Ppl?

Heyya binaa yaa 'azeezaatee :statisfie

Princess do you remember taking a poem like this whilst learning Kawaakib or something? It sounds reallllllll familiar to me.....
I can't recall the first, but the second I know. It's from Shaawhid qatr orr shawaahid al-kawaakib *hmpft* :mmokay: I dunno but it's from shawaahidu summin ,Lol.

:sl: Masha ALlah, been long time not entering this thread. Great works guys masha Allah
Wa alaykum as salaam, Welcome back. :)

Umar001
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't know who has mod powers, if noone has then give me a bell when you all decide, if you all decide to keep this strictly for the revision thing. You can create other threads for other things, seems pretty disorganised in here.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-15-2007, 04:07 AM

أتاني هواها قبل أن أعرف الهوى

فصادف قلبا خاليا فتمكنا

Real pretty poem Masha'allah :)

And what about this one :

سلام على دنيا إذا لم يكن بها : صديق صدوق صادق الوعد متصفا

Salaamun 'Ala dunya idhaa lam yakun Bihaa

Sadeeqin Saduuqun Saadiqal Wa'di Muttasifaa...

Arent they both so lovely :statisfie
I dont find any answer on my question :X :raging:

Mawaddah
06-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Na'am...Im wondering about that too...whose definitions is that? :rollseyes

Guys...can we do something which the rewards that we can have can be more than sahabah? :) Can you mention the hadith? Insha Allah khayr
Minta Maaf ya Akhi, semalam saya tidak berapa faham soalan kamu ini.....but I did some research, and this is the hadeeth for you :

"سيأتي قوم بعدكم لهم أجر خمسين منكم لأنكم تجدون على الخير أعواناً ولا يجدون على الخير أعوانا "
صحيح الجامع

Rasulullah said to his Sahaabah: " There will come a people after you who will gain the reward of fifty of you, and that is because you find people to help you in the performance of good, and they will not find anyone to help them with the performance of good"

Hadeeth is in Saheeh al-Jaami'

Hey guys,

Heyya binaa yaa 'azeezaatee :statisfie

Princess please bring the next Question, we will resume again today Insha'allah!! :)

I dont find any answer on my question :X :raging:
So sorry again! I did not realize that you wanted a translation to the poem which you asked for :(

So it means :

Love for her came to me when I did not know (true) love
This Love came into my empty heart and stayed within it

umm-sulaim
06-16-2007, 12:31 PM

maasha'Allaah thanks for that i was stressin over that guy's name! jazaaki Allaahu khayraa

wassalamu alaykum

Dhulqarnaeen
06-18-2007, 03:25 AM
Minta Maaf ya Akhi, semalam saya tidak berapa faham soalan kamu ini.....but I did some research, and this is the hadeeth for you :

"سيأتي قوم بعدكم لهم أجر خمسين منكم لأنكم تجدون على الخير أعواناً ولا يجدون على الخير أعوانا "
صحيح الجامع

Rasulullah said to his Sahaabah: " There will come a people after you who will gain the reward of fifty of you, and that is because you find people to help you in the performance of good, and they will not find anyone to help them with the performance of good"

Hadeeth is in Saheeh al-Jaami'

Princess please bring the next Question, we will resume again today Insha'allah!! :)

So sorry again! I did not realize that you wanted a translation to the poem which you asked for :(

So it means :

Love for her came to me when I did not know (true) love
This Love came into my empty heart and stayed within it
Oooh...terima kasih ukhti :D But finally I found it in ushulusunnah Imam Ahmad bin Hambal. About the hadith that we can do something which bring more reward than sahabah. The hadith explain that if we can istiqomah in this kinda day which is full with fitnah, and we can be sabr facing it, then we can have 50 or 100 rewards of someone who is saheed. Then sahabah asked:"yaa Rasulullah, do U mean this saheed is from them self or even from us", and then Rasulullah said "whoever sabr and istiqomah in days of fitnah, they will have rewards 50 or 100 rewards of someone who is saheed even from you. Cause if you have problems, then you have me who will protect you, but they have no one to hang on to".....yee kurang lebih begitulah hadithnye...masha Allah, my worse English :-[ :cry: But you can check it your self, its hadith from At Thabrani.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Hey..where are we in this kitabul karim? :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM

Face it gals, you guys are nothing without me. :shade:

:X

Yeah it is pretty disorganised in here. Sorry for taking the thread off track.

vpb
06-19-2007, 11:17 AM
is this book anywhere in English???

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM

You can only get part of it online in english. Flick through the first few pages of this thread to get the link for that.

vpb
06-19-2007, 12:08 PM

found them:
http://www.ifol.org/e_library/bayqe....11c209beaace9a
http://www.dkh-islam.com/Content/Art...x?ATID=24&PG=1

if u find the other parts, don't hesitate to post the links. LI offers free posts.

amirah_87
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM

ook after alot of digging up, i finally figured out where we left off from..

We're currently on:

و كل ما لم يتصل بحال *** اسناده منقطع اوصال

Any interepted chain of transmission, regardless of its circumstances,

Is cut off (Munqati') from continuity.
Question is:

What's the definiton for the hadeeth that its Sanad's "Munqati"?

And give an example please. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2007, 12:35 PM

From what I understand, Munqati' can be used in a general sense and a specific sense. In its specific sense it refers to any type of break in the chain, apart from mursal, mu'allaq and mu'dhal. However, in its general sense, it refers to any break in the chain.

This is what I learnt from Yasir Qadhi's talk. I might be wrong though.:-\

Example.... someone in the middle of the chain is missing.:uhwhat

Silver Pearl
06-19-2007, 12:55 PM

In addition, Munqati is a 'broken' hadeeth, where a link is missing. Imam as-suyuti (rahimullaah) was one of the scholar whom termed munqati to a narration where a reporter says " A man narrated to me..." without stating the authority. The hadeeth by Al-Hakim (the one about the prophecy of fatimah radiallaahu anha having Huseein or to that affect, can't remember its wording) was deemed a munqati and da'eef by Ad-dhahabi (rahimullaah) in his Talkhis Al-Mustadarak for the reason being that Shaddad had never met Umm Al-Fadl while Muhammad Mus'aab was da'eef.

Allaahu'3llaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Imam as-suyuti (rahimullaah) was one of the scholar whom termed munqati to a narration where a reporter says " A man narrated to me..." without stating the authority.
Isn't that a form of tadlees, i.e. tadlees-ul-Isaad? (I think)

Silver Pearl
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Isn't that a form of tadlees, i.e. tadlees-ul-Isaad? (I think)

Tadlees al-Isnaad, As far as I know yep, Allaahu'3llaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Well... were we correct? Please tell us Ustaadhah wa Mu'allimah (sp?:X).

Umar001
06-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Yea, we been waiting for ages.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2007, 02:25 PM

I found the hadeeth last night!

‘The Prayed one of the ‘Isha prayed in his last days and after finishing it with Tasleem, he stood up and said, “Do you realise (the importance of) this night? Nobody present on the surface of the earth tonight would be living after the completion of one hundred years from this night.”

I feel like i'm following in the footsteps of shaykh al-Albaanee... searching for days and days for a single hadeeth.:p

Umar001
06-28-2007, 02:29 PM

I found the hadeeth last night!

‘The Prayed one of the ‘Isha prayed in his last days and after finishing it with Tasleem, he stood up and said, “Do you realise (the importance of) this night? Nobody present on the surface of the earth tonight would be living after the completion of one hundred years from this night.”

I feel like i'm following in the footsteps of shaykh al-Albaanee... searching for days and days for a single hadeeth.:p
Wa Aleykum Salam Wa Rhametullahi Wa Berekatu,

MashaAllah!!!!!!! I had no clue it was in Bukhari.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM

...we're going off-topic.

Amirah and Mawaddah... this is a cry for help. Please teach us! Next question please.

amirah_87
06-28-2007, 05:25 PM

From what I understand, Munqati' can be used in a general sense and a specific sense. In its specific sense it refers to any type of break in the chain, apart from mursal, mu'allaq and mu'dhal. However, in its general sense, it refers to any break in the chain.

This is what I learnt from Yasir Qadhi's talk. I might be wrong though.:-\
Na'am that's it. :)

Q:

Sheikh Uthaimeen mentions in his sharh (explanation) 4 types of The Munqati', State them all.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-29-2007, 12:05 PM

Mursal

Mu'allaq

Mu'dhal

Mudallas

:? I'm not sure about the last one.

Umm Yoosuf
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM

This thread really does move slowwwwwwwww doesn't it?

Next question Insha Allah?

amirah_87
07-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Mursal

Mu'allaq

Mu'dhal

Mudallas

Wa alaykum as salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Na'am that's correct.

Sorry for the late reply, I hadnt realised the asnwer was posted up.

Next question:

The definiton of Al-Mu'dhal?

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-03-2007, 12:06 PM

Mu'dhal: When two consecutive people are missing in the isnaad.

amirah_87
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Ahsanti..

Hmm whats the next set of poems..

Wa Mu'adhalus saaqid minuthnaani ** wa maa ataa mudalassun naw'aani.

Al awwalul isqaati lish-shakykhi wa an ** yunqalu 'amman fawqahuu bi'an wa an

wath-thaaniy la yusqiduhu laakin yasif ** awsaafahuu bimaa bihii laa yan'arif

(Imma post that in proper arabic when i get home inshaAllah)

Mu'adhal is that from which two narrators ommited,
And Mudallas has bene narrated in two ways;

The first is an ommision of the shiekh and then
attributing it to one above him saying "according to".. or "that he said.."

The second is by not omiting him but rather by describing
him with charesterics for which is not known.
So the next question is in the second shatr of the poem & beyond;

What is Mudallas (it's definiton) and state the different types of tadlees?

Give an example.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-03-2007, 12:55 PM

I think linguistically tadlees means 'hiding the defect of a product from the purchaser'. But in mustalah it's basically when you try to improve the appearance of the hadeeth’s isnaad. There are three types:

Tadlees at-Tajweed/at-Tasweeyah: This is where a later narrator of a hadeeth fails to mention the name of a weak narrator who comes between two reliable narrators, who have both met each other (so there is a chance that they could have reported from each other), which gives the appearance that the chain of narrators are all thiqqah. While in fact, the thiqqah reporter heard it from a weak reporter. So in this way, the chain would be considered Da’eef.

The word 'an is often used between the two reliable narrators, which is similar to 'he quoted".

Tadlees al-Isnaad: This is where the narrator quotes from someone something that he had heard from him indirectly, but uses ambiguous language (like 'an) to hide the fact that he actually heard it indirectly. He might simply say things like: “So and so said…”

Just quickly searching, I found out that there are a number of definitions given by earlier scholars:

--The narrator reports from his teacher [whom he has heard some hadeeth from]

other hadeeth which he has not heard directly from his teacher;

but he has actually heard it through a third party –

and he uses an expression (such as Qaala: he said or ‘An: from)

which gives the impression – without actually saying it –

that he has heard it directly from his teacher.

--The narrator reports from a contemporary scholar [whom he may or may not have met]

Hadeeth which he did not hear from him,

Using an expression (such as Qaala: he said or ‘An: from so-and- so)

Giving the impression – without actually saying it –

That he has actually heard it directly from that contemporary scholar.

[Some scholars view this second definition as al-Mursal al-Khafee]
Tadlees al-shuyookh: This is where the narrator refers to his shaykh (or the person who he heard the hadeeth from) by a name,kunyah, title other than the one the sheikh is commonly known by, e.g. 'Abu Fulaan', yet no one knew him by that kunyah.

Do you want me to give you a real example, or make one up?

Dhulqarnaeen
07-09-2007, 02:15 AM
I heard theres somali sisters here right. Just in case they dont know, these are salafy website in Somalis language.
www.maktabada.com
www.ahlulxadith.com
www.somalisalafi.com
www.qurancomplex.com

And the language is....funny :D

umm-sulaim
07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
walaykum assalaam wa Rahmatullaah

jazaaka Allaahu khayran Dhul

Dhulqarnaeen
07-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Mmmm....searching knowledge when its hot ajee...when its cold, bubar semuaa...:uhwhat (Please translate ukhti Maw/naw)

Ummu Sufyaan
08-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Is it possible to buy this book.
jazakallahu khair.

amirah_87
08-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

I dont think its availabe for purchase in the west. However you can buy it online inshaAllah.

There are a few explanations to the book; One by Sheikh Uthaimeen rahimahullaah, Another by Sheikh Al-Halabee (or Al Hilaalee; thats slipped my mind I'll confirm it later).

For online purchase check this link inshaAllah:

http://alkindi.ideo-cairo.org/contro...d=8710&lang=en

Ummu Sufyaan
08-24-2007, 07:04 AM
groovy.
jazakallahu khair.

Dhulqarnaeen
08-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

I dont think its availabe for purchase in the west. However you can buy it online inshaAllah.

There are a few explanations to the book; One by Sheikh Uthaimeen rahimahullaah, Another by Sheikh Al-Halabee (or Al Hilaalee; thats slipped my mind I'll confirm it later).

For online purchase check this link inshaAllah:

http://alkindi.ideo-cairo.org/contro...d=8710&lang=en
Maybe you mean Syaikh Ali Hasan Al Halaby, he is the most knowledgable student of syaikh Albani in hadith. He studied with syaikh Nashir for almost 25 years

amirah_87
08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

Na'am that's right, JazaakAllaah khair for the confirmation akhee.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-02-2007, 04:12 AM
can anyone who has studied this book please advice someone who has decided and/or plans to study this book, such as is thier anything that the person who intends to study this book should do/study before/during/after studying this book. how can one revise what they have learnt, and is their an exam when finished this book.
please note that this person does not have a teacher, and intends to study by themselves.
jazakallahu khair.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM

So... when are we going to start this up again?

amirah_87
09-04-2007, 01:24 PM

^ Does that mean you're back? ( :p ) hehe.

InshaAllah soon sis.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Yep, I'm back to learn inshaAllah!

Silver Pearl
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
can anyone who has studied this book please advice someone who has decided and/or plans to study this book, such as is thier anything that the person who intends to study this book should do/study before/during/after studying this book. how can one revise what they have learnt, and is their an exam when finished this book.
please note that this person does not have a teacher, and intends to study by themselves.
jazakallahu khair.

It would be best to find a teacher. If you want to teach yourself then you need to know arabic well or have good understanding of nahw, buy either the shar7 Mawaddah mentioned or the shar7 by Uthaymeen, you can find that online (the Uthaymeen's one rahimullaah) so you don't have to buy it considering you only find it in arab countries. You should study it on a regular basis and revise your notes regularly. Memorise the Shi3r. The link Mawaddah gave you has a good site, search for mandhoomat and there will be a link for the shi3r being sung by a little kid and use that as a way to memorise it. May Allaah make it easy for you habibti. Best of of luck!

Ummu Sufyaan
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM

It would be best to find a teacher. If you want to teach yourself then you need to know arabic well or have good understanding of nahw, buy either the shar7 Mawaddah mentioned or the shar7 by Uthaymeen, you can find that online (the Uthaymeen's one rahimullaah) so you don't have to buy it considering you only find it in arab countries. You should study it on a regular basis and revise your notes regularly. Memorise the Shi3r. The link Mawaddah gave you has a good site, search for mandhoomat and there will be a link for the shi3r being sung by a little kid and use that as a way to memorise it. May Allaah make it easy for you habibti. Best of of luck!
jazakllahu khair for your reply. your the only one that did. inshallah, reps going your way. i'll see you in about 3 years, when my arabic has picked up dramatically. lol. still learing the basics.
Also, where is this sharah that sis mawaddah mentioned??

Silver Pearl
09-12-2007, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
jazakllahu khair for your reply. your the only one that did. inshallah, reps going your way. i'll see you in about 3 years, when my arabic has picked up dramatically. lol. still learing the basics.
Also, where is this sharah that sis mawaddah mentioned??

Wa eyakee. Mawaddah states the title of the Shar7 as "At-Ta'leeqaat al-Athariyyah Ala Al-Mandhoomatul Bayqooniyyah." Look at her first post, she gives you a link by Uthaymeen rahimullaah. You can use that bi'idnillaah. Aww from what I have seen you know quite a bit of arabic mashallaah so it won't take you 3 years, much less. They study it for a year and a half in Al Fajr Institute in Misr and Cairo institute for science of language takes about a year, discluding the balaqha book you study. So Inshallaah we will see you in a year and a half's time lol.

Oh and the best thing is to stick to one set of books. Don't jump from Nahw waadih to Kitaabul Assassia to Madinah Books, if anything you will learn less and waste alot of money, not to mention time. Kitaabul Assassia is really great because it builds up your vocubalry well and you learn conversations. I don't know about Madinah Books but Nahw waadih makes you a nahw master with less vocub than a 5 year old lol. Just my 2cents. You can PM Amirah and Mawaddah if you have further queries. They have finished studying the bayqooniya Mashallaah.

May Allaah increase you in ilm and taqwa!

Ummu Sufyaan
09-13-2007, 04:07 AM
jazakallahu khair.

thirdwatch512
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Just a quick question.. Why does Dawud's hadiths skip here and there?

Like for example, there might be hadith number 101,102,103,104 but then it skips and goes to 107, leaving out 2 hadiths! Not only that, but on all sites, it shows "partial collection of Dawud."

Were some of them taken out because they were not authentic, or does anyone know why? It has always bugged me!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.