/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are vaccines Haram?

root
02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
"It is forbidden in Islam to have any of these haram substances in our bodies"

Abdul Majid Katme, head of the UK Islamic Medical Association, says that almost all vaccines contain products derived from animal & human tissue, which make them "Haram", or unlawful for Muslims to take, a view strongly criticised by the Department of health, the British Medical association and the Muslim Council of Britain.

Source:The Sunday Times, 28th January.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
lol. I am well aware what are vaccine. I can tell you it is not haram to do so.

Woodrow
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
There are times when a normaly haraam thing can be done. We are given strict guidlines, but the guidelines do include conditions under which they would not be haram. For example if there was a famine and the only food available was pork, we could eat pork under the condition it is the only choice to stay alive.

So it is with vaccines. We are not taking them as a desire to do something haram we are taking them as a necessity to preserve life.

root
02-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I thought Islam forbids the eating of any pig meat, which some vaccines contain or have been made using pork-based gelatine.

Is it OK on the basis that you are not actually eating it, but having it injected?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I thought Islam forbids the eating of any pig meat, which some vaccines contain or have been made using pork-based gelatine.

Is it OK on the basis that you are not actually eating it, but having it injected?
It is ok on the basis it is needed to preseve health and there are no other options. If there are other options then it would be haram

root
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
So it is with vaccines. We are not taking them as a desire to do something haram we are taking them as a necessity to preserve life.
I thought muslims believe the below text

“God created us perfect and with a very strong defence system. If you breast-feed your child for two years — as the Koran says — and you eat Koranic food like olives and black seed, and you do ablution each time you pray, then you will have a strong defence system,”.
Why would you think you can preserve your life, surely if Allah decides it is your time to go why try to cheat him?

Woodrow
02-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Why would you think you can preserve your life, surely if Allah decides it is your time to go why try to cheat him?
Allah(swt) has given us the ability to gather knowledge. To use this knowledge is a tool Allah(swt) has blessed us with. To use what Allah(swt) gives us and for the purpose it is intended, is acting in accordance with the will of Allah(swt).

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats not cheating. If and when its really our time, not even medicine will help us. I'm not sure if thats right even. My sister was very sick a long time ago. But even with treatment she didn't survive. Both my brothers were sick as well, but Alhumdulillah they are fine now. I guess thats why I could say that. But I'm still not sure thats right lol.

Maidah
02-07-2007, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't think this is called preserving life, it's just precaution.The human body has the ability to live for 200 years, but most of the death rate in the poupulation is somewhere between 70-80 yrs. If it was possible to preserve the body for that long we would, but we are meant to decay and the rate of this has somewhat increased due to other environmental factors. When it's our time to go we will but that don't mean that we cannot use other measures to keep ourselves healthy whilst we're alive, thats common sense.There would be no need for treatments or medecines, we could just all accept it's time for us to go when we fall ill!?:rolleyes:

Snowflake
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Is there any evidence on vaccines being halal?

I do understand the importance of staying healthy but there's a difference between pig meat being permissable if facing starvation and taking haram substances to prevent illness.

Skillganon
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Is there any evidence on vaccines being halal?

I do understand the importance of staying healthy but there's a difference between pig meat being permissable if facing starvation and taking haram substances to prevent illness.
Go into

"www.islam-qa.com" or "Islamonline.net" and do a search on vaccine.

It is permissable to use vaccine.

deen_2007
02-08-2007, 12:31 AM
i would have thought so too....cos if u gota save ur life....then im sure things that r haram is allowed to be used...if only it is the last thing around....

جوري
02-17-2007, 09:16 PM
lol
Root is a hoot ;D ;D
the authority on vaccinations from Salk to sabin from capsular to oral
from egg based to Cell culture vaccines --and has come to tell you all you are committing Haram to be vaccinated, in his new self-elected role on Islamic jurisprudence.

whatever laws apply to Muslims also apply to Jews by the way so I am not sure your purpose of posting this on an Islamic forum out of all else?--

NOT all vaccines manufactured are capsular. nor are those that are capsular necessarily from pig based products... from what esteemed medical journal have you brought this little fecund piece of yours? There are ALWAYS ALTERNATIVES in medicine.. even those with egg allergies (although chance of actually having a reaction is less than .05%) new techniques are always employed to cater to them, regular folks with no religious affiliations might themselves be afflicted by products manufactured in something seemingly as innocuous as eggs or even Ecoli gene recombinant therapy --- Let's all just die of various diseases because hoot here thinks we aren't following Islamic law in which he seems to be very well versed...... just to humor you with the very book you seem to quote as if a scholar
Pickthal 2:173] He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swineflesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

BTW if you want it to be more original you could have commented on Porcine valve replacement instead of resorting to something as negligible as obsolete forms of vaccinations just because some scholar who isn't very scholarly made a comment and your British system wants to take his word as if the word of G-D and augment it for seemingly obvious reasons! A Muslim has all the tools he needs to make his up his own mind......
so take a hike..

Abu Ilyas
02-17-2007, 09:23 PM
true it is no sin.

NoName55
02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
"It is forbidden in Islam to have any of these haram substances in our bodies"

Abdul Majid Katme, head of the UK Islamic Medical Association, says that almost all vaccines contain products derived from animal & human tissue, which make them "Haram", or unlawful for Muslims to take, a view strongly criticised by the Department of health, the British Medical association and the Muslim Council of Britain.

Source:The Sunday Times, 28th January.
Are vaccines Haram?
:sl:
No

:w:
edit:
This thing, this person has managed make us object of ridicule around the globe. this silly article is on every anti-muslim site and forum I visited to check on the damage he is doing. no sooner one contraversy subsides, these retards go out and provide them with a new stick to beat us with. :(

Muezzin
02-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Vaccines are not haram.

People who say they are need a good talking to for being daft.

Bittersteel
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
“God created us perfect and with a very strong defence system. If you breast-feed your child for two years — as the Koran says — and you eat Koranic food like olives and black seed, and you do ablution each time you pray, then you will have a strong defence system,”.
where in the Quran is this thing written?how is it written what does it really imply?can you show me root?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.