/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims show Americans honesty.

Jibril
02-08-2007, 06:45 AM
I recently read an article about a muslim cab driver in new york giving back diamonds he found in his cab. Out of curiosity I did a search of taxi drivers returning valuable items. All 4 instances I found, the taxi driver was Muslim!!

Chicago Muslim cab driver returns fortune worth $320,000
http://mesh.medill.northwestern.edu/...iver_retu.html

Los Angles Muslim cab driver returns diamonds worth $350,000
http://www.taxiblog.co.uk/1494/cab-d...-left-in-taxi/

New York Muslim cab driver returns cash $32,000
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/content/view/371/224/

New York Muslim cab driver returns diamond rings
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...est-Cabbie.php

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Now if only the world can see that those stories are more in line with what a Muslim is. Insahallah, as more people get to know us they will see what the real truth about us is.

north_malaysian
02-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I need those kind of cabbies ... I used to left lots of stuff in cab...:embarrass

Jibril
02-08-2007, 07:15 AM
The media needs to show this side of Muslims. We are overwhelming very honest, dedicated, disciplined and principled people. Yet we're treated like terrorists. I dropped 300$ cash in the back of a cab 1 day,..some white american guy was the driver I called the company,.....the guy denied it. He said he couldn't find anything. I was fuming but there was nothing i could do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
02-08-2007, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jibril
The media needs to show this side of Muslims. We are overwhelming very honest, dedicated, disciplined and principled people. Yet we're treated like terrorists. I dropped 300$ cash in the back of a cab 1 day,..some white american guy was the driver I called the company,.....the guy denied it. He said he couldn't find anything. I was fuming but there was nothing i could do.
not all white cabbies are bad.. only handful of them... and unfortunately .. you met one..

Jibril
02-08-2007, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
not all white cabbies are bad.. only handful of them... and unfortunately .. you met one..
I know not all of em are like that. But I sincerely think that a Muslim cabbie would have returned it.

Keltoi
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
What will get more attention? "Muslim returns money" or "Muslim suicide bomber kills 60 in Bagdad market"?

Jibril
02-08-2007, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
What will get more attention? "Muslim returns money" or "Muslim suicide bomber kills 60 in Bagdad market"?
I agree,..this is the same reason why the myth that moderate muslms aren't condemning terrorism still exists. Muslims condemn terrorism all the time,..only its not sexy enough for primetime.

- Qatada -
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
:salamext:

Insha'Allaah the muslim did it for the sake of Allaah so his reward is with Him. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
^^Insha'Allah, Ameen.

And thats the point we try to make. If people really had nothing against Islam or Muslims, they would show stuff like this too. I just saw the vid on this on Yahoo.

Keltoi
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
^^Insha'Allah, Ameen.

And thats the point we try to make. If people really had nothing against Islam or Muslims, they would show stuff like this too. I just saw the vid on this on Yahoo.
Doesn't that seem to suggest they have nothing against Islam, since the story is indeed being covered?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm not talking about this bro...:)

Keltoi
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I've been asking myself if I would have done the same in this guy's situation. I would like to think that I would.

- Qatada -
02-08-2007, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I've been asking myself if I would have done the same in this guy's situation. I would like to think that I would.

That's really kool. :)

Peace.

England
02-08-2007, 06:12 PM
I've found 2 mobile phones. I found one at work but despite a few of my phones being stolen from my bench I handed it in to the reception. I felt proud of myself doing it. I could have pocketed £50-£100.
The 2nd phone I found, well my sister found, was in a nightclub. I convinced her to text the person and arrange myself to hand it back over. I arranged a meeting place and met her personally at Victoria shopping centre and gave it her back. She thanked me and then I went home. I felt good doing it.

- Qatada -
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah, i've noticed that the reason why people keep things which aren't theirs for themselves is to get a sense of happiness that they got something.

But at the same time you get an even stronger feeling of happiness if you give the thing back, or even give something which God has given you to the needy. It makes you feel even more happier when you do that.. praise be to Allaah. :)

Peace.

England
02-08-2007, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Yeah, i've noticed that the reason why people keep things which aren't theirs for themselves is to get a sense of happiness that they got something.

But at the same time you get an even stronger feeling of happiness if you give the thing back, or even give something which God has given you to the needy. It makes you feel even more happier when you do that.. praise be to Allaah. :)

Peace.
It does feel alot better to give back something that isn't yours. The best thing I like to see if possible is the gratitude from the person.

- Qatada -
02-08-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
It does feel alot better to give back something that isn't yours. The best thing I like to see if possible is the gratitude from the person.

Yeah, i understsand. The thing is, people don't always be grateful which might make the person feel sad abit.. but not all of mankind is thankful, so we do things in order to please God instead. If we do it to please God, we want to do good even if the person doesn't thank us because if we doing it to please God, our reward is with Him.

They perform (their) vows, and they fear a Day whose evil flies far and wide. And they feed, for the love of God, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive, (Saying)"We feed you for the sake of God alone: no reward do we desire from you, nor thanks." "We only fear a day of distressful wrath from our Lord."

(Quran Al- Insan 7-10)

If we do good to please God, we will recieve God's Mercy, and gain the eternal reward of paradise insha'Allaah (God willing.) :)

Peace.

tomtomsmom
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
It is nice to know that there are still honest people in the world. It helps to restore my faith in humanity. Here in the US we have a day called black friday. It is the day after Thanksgiving and all of the stores have major sales to start the Christmas shopping season. Well this past year I was one of the crazies that got up at 4:30 in the morning to go shopping. So here I am putting around Wal-Mart in the boys department and kick something on the floor. I look down and it is a wallet. I picked it up and went straight to the service desk. There was a woman there in tears telling the lady that worked there that she lost her wallet and it had almost $2000.00 in it that she had been saving all year to buy her kids presents with. So I open up the wallet and sure enough the picture on the drivers license was the same lady that was crying. I walked up to her, hand her the wallet, and told her next time to please don't carry cash!! Then I just walked away. She was so shocked she couldn't even speak.

England
02-08-2007, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
It is nice to know that there are still honest people in the world. It helps to restore my faith in humanity. Here in the US we have a day called black friday. It is the day after Thanksgiving and all of the stores have major sales to start the Christmas shopping season. Well this past year I was one of the crazies that got up at 4:30 in the morning to go shopping. So here I am putting around Wal-Mart in the boys department and kick something on the floor. I look down and it is a wallet. I picked it up and went straight to the service desk. There was a woman there in tears telling the lady that worked there that she lost her wallet and it had almost $2000.00 in it that she had been saving all year to buy her kids presents with. So I open up the wallet and sure enough the picture on the drivers license was the same lady that was crying. I walked up to her, hand her the wallet, and told her next time to please don't carry cash!! Then I just walked away. She was so shocked she couldn't even speak.
It's something they will never forget. It's a deed everyone should be proud of doing. I found alot of pride for doing it even if she hadn't said "thank you."
I bet you went home with a smile on your face thinking of what you had done for the woman and how she would have felt about it.

tomtomsmom
02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
It's something they will never forget. It's a deed everyone should be proud of doing. I found alot of pride for doing it even if she hadn't said "thank you."
I bet you went home with a smile on your face thinking of what you had done for the woman and how she would have felt about it.
I did. And i still smile when I think of it. My only hope is that one day she will have the chance to help someone and will take it. And then that person will help the next. If everyone did this then the world would be much better. Not perfect, but better.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Same thing has happened with me. At college, this girl passed by me as I was waiting for my class to start. She dropped her class schedule and it was the first day of classes lol. I wasnt sure who it was exactly. I went up to this one girl who I thought it was and gave her her schedule lol. That woulda sucked if she couldnt get to class. Also last semester, there were these group up people anext to me. They left that area and went outside. One of the girls left her keys right in the open. She had like 10 diff keys loool. So im like omg she forget her keys. so i went to give it to her. I know i wouldnt want that to be me. Its pretty sad if people were to be shocked. It means people dont see much of this stuff, im guessing lol.

Skillganon
02-12-2007, 03:26 AM
When I was wee high, my mum use to tell me, that if you see some money outside on the floor not to pick it up (I am not talking about malls or anything) even though no one has come back yet to look for it, incase the person who lost it comes back looking for it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-12-2007, 03:41 AM
^^Same here.

Jibril
02-12-2007, 04:51 AM
I say losers weepers finders keepers. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-12-2007, 05:07 AM
^^ermm its the other way round ;D

Jibril
02-12-2007, 05:12 AM
^^ermm its the other way round ;D
losers finders keepers weepers?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-12-2007, 05:15 AM
^^ :lol: no bro! Finders keepers, losers weepers :p
neways, back to topic ;D

Jibril
02-12-2007, 05:22 AM
^^ :lol: no bro! Finders keepers, losers weepers :p
neways, back to topic ;D
haha, lets agree to disagree.:smile:

Musalmaan
02-12-2007, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jibril
I recently read an article about a muslim cab driver in new york giving back diamonds he found in his cab. Out of curiosity I did a search of taxi drivers returning valuable items. All 4 instances I found, the taxi driver was Muslim!!

Chicago Muslim cab driver returns fortune worth $320,000
http://mesh.medill.northwestern.edu/...iver_retu.html

Los Angles Muslim cab driver returns diamonds worth $350,000
http://www.taxiblog.co.uk/1494/cab-d...-left-in-taxi/

New York Muslim cab driver returns cash $32,000
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/content/view/371/224/

New York Muslim cab driver returns diamond rings
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...est-Cabbie.php
brother, you are giving wrong message by such title "Muslims show Americans honesty."
there are americans that are muslims and that muslim cabbie that show honesty was also an american. why creating strange gaps?

Alhamdulilah, that cabbie was honest as per the islamic teaching and we should be proud of it that he gave a good image of the religion Islam which is usually wrongly portrayed by most of our own people (by not practising it) and anti-islam (media etc) usually waiting for it exploit such incidents/cases.

that cabbie's honesty is a lesson for all of us.
I hope you understand. :)

:w:

cihad
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
when we were at the airport and my unc was changing money the dude at the counter gave him 1000 dollars more! and my unc didn't even notice!!

later my pa and him were comparing things and he thought that the man didn't give him enuf so they went back and then they realised what happened-they were like omg and they gave back the extra money, and the dude was so grateful cos if we hadn't he wud have been sacked!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.