/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Q-

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
:sl:
Are women permitted to have haircuts..? Lyk cutting them in different styles.
Please provide wid some hadiths..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ^..sTr!vEr..^
Are women permitted to have haircuts..? Lyk cutting them in different styles.
Please provide wid some hadiths..
"women cutting thier hair..."

http://behold--thepowerofcheese.spac...D7B!1468.entry

S_87
02-08-2007, 12:29 PM

in style as in the style thats in fashion or just cut? :p

cutting is allowed.....

lolwatever
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
"women cutting thier hair..."

http://behold--thepowerofcheese.spac...D7B!1468.entry

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
02-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Women cutting their hair

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We ask Allaah Almighty to increase you in faith and to make you content with the truth.

Your question includes two issues:

1 – the ruling on cutting women’s hair. Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

We do not know anything (to disallow) cutting women’s hair. What is forbidden is shaving it. You should not shave your hair but you may cut it and reduce its length or volume; we know of nothing wrong with that. But that should be done in a proper manner which will please you and your husband. You should come to some agreement with him on a kind of haircut that does not resemble kaafir women, because if you leave it long, it will be a lot of trouble to wash it and comb it. So if the hair is very long or thick, and the woman cuts it to reduce its length or volume, that doesn’t matter. Cutting some of it will make it more beautiful, which will please both the woman and her husband. So we do not know of any reason to disallow that. But shaving it altogether is not permissible, except in the case of sickness. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

See Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, part 2, p. 515

It was narrated in Saheeh Muslim that Abu Salamah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan said: “The wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to cut their hair until it came just below their ears.” (al-Hayd, 320)

Al-Nawawi said: this indicates that it is permissible for women to cut their hair short.

But women should avoid resembling kaafir women or immoral women when they cut their hair

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan said:

It is not permissible for a woman to cut her hair short in the back and leave the sides longer, because this involves disfiguring and fooling about with her hair which is part of her beauty, and it also involves imitating the kaafir women. This prohibition also applies to haircuts which are named after kaafir women or animals, like the “Diana” cut, named after a kaafir women, or the “lion” cut or “mouse” cut, because it is haraam to imitate the kaafirs or to imitate animals, and because that involves fooling about with a woman’s hair which is part of her beauty.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/516,517
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ln=...QR=13744&dgn=3

What I would like to know is how do we judge between that is imitation of the kuffar and what is not? :?

S_87
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

What I would like to know is how do we judge between that is imitation of the kuffar and what is not? :?

good question. would all fashionable styles be counted as kuffar style? :?
like sheikh fawzans ruling would count for most fashionable style. from what i understand that even includes a fringe. :?

Malaikah
02-08-2007, 12:41 PM

I think maybe he means haircuts which are specifically for a certain type of people? Like mohawk or something? :?

Because the reality is that fringe is NOT a non-Muslim thing, most haircuts are just a normal women thing that cross religious and cultural barriers...

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
It was narrated in Saheeh Muslim that Abu Salamah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan said: “The wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to cut their hair until it came just below their ears.” (al-Hayd, 320)

whaaattt..??!!!??...jus below their ears!!! ..n i heard that its must to have hair atleast till ur neck... :rolleyes:

Skillganon
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Of course one has to cover it also except when it is permissable to do otherwise.

ozzie
02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
yep--tru say, although i thought the same as striver, i thought it was as leats to your neck....

strider
02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
It's an old wives tale to say women should keep their hair long as on the Day of Judgement when everybody will be naked, their long hair will come in useful to cover themselves up. But on the Day of Judgement everybody will be too preoccupied with what is facing them to spare a thought about how others look.

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
It's an old wives tale to say women should keep their hair long as on the Day of Judgement when everybody will be naked, their long hair will come in useful to cover themselves up.

lol, how come the men don't have to cover up?:rolleyes:

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
please i want more anwsers... :muddlehea

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Sis, wasn't what I gave you enough? You are allowed to cut it, go nuts. :)

Is there anything else in particular you wanted?

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Of course one has to cover it also except when it is permissable to do otherwise.
errmm...wht does this mean :?

strider
02-09-2007, 10:48 AM

lol, how come the men don't have to cover up?:rolleyes:
That's my point. People can be biased like that.

Malaikah
02-10-2007, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ^..sTr!vEr..^
errmm...wht does this mean :?
I think he means that women are meant to cover themselves in front of men. :)

Skillganon
02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
I think he means that women are meant to cover themselves in front of men. :)
Yes, except when it is permissable to do otherwise. For example one's husband.

^..sTr!vEr..^
02-13-2007, 03:22 PM
ok jazakAllah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!