/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Heaven and hell

SairaxXx
02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Salaam:sl:

i myself am a sunni muslim and my best friend is a shia. When it comes to practising islam we at times get into disputed arguments which i hate. Most of the time i feel weak to answer to some of the things she says and it makes me feel like am really dumb and that i dont know anything about my religion.

I would like help on a point we recently argued about wich is that does every muslim go to heaven. I read in a book once that some people who commit sinns do go to hell first then go to heaven. But eventually every muslim who believes in the shahada will go to heaven.

Please could any1 jus give me any info on this topic, if u understand wat am sayin, i dont mean to confuse you.

thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SairaxXx
Salaam:sl:

i myself am a sunni muslim and my best friend is a shia. When it comes to practising islam we at times get into disputed arguments which i hate. Most of the time i feel weak to answer to some of the things she says and it makes me feel like am really dumb and that i dont know anything about my religion.

I would like help on a point we recently argued about wich is that does every muslim go to heaven. I read in a book once that some people who commit sinns do go to hell first then go to heaven. But eventually every muslim who believes in the shahada will go to heaven.

Please could any1 jus give me any info on this topic, if u understand wat am sayin, i dont mean to confuse you.

thank you
Wa Aleykum Salam Wa Rhametulah Sister,

I hope your fine.

So what your asking for is proof for the belief that the sinful person whose bad deeds outwegih his good deeds although Muslim will go to hell and then later paradise?

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SairaxXx
But eventually every muslim who believes in the shahada will go to heaven.
:sl:

That isn't completely true... well it is true in the more specific meaning, but on the general meaning.

For example, someone might believe the shahadah, but disbelieve in the Angels, or say that the Quran is fake, or say that there is no such thing as the Day of Judgement...

Even though this person believes in Allah and His messenger in a general sense, the person doesn't believe in the specific sense because he is saying that something mentioned in the Quran is not true, therefore saying that Allah swt lied to us and that the Quran isn't true... this is an act of disbelief that makes a person non-Muslim, meaning the person will enter hellfire.

You will notice with the example I gave, when you think about it, the person doesn't really believe in Allah does he? Because if he believed in Him, He would have to believe everything that Allah swt taught it is true, but he doesn't... so his shahadah is baseless.

I hope that makes sense, if you have any other question, please ask. :)

- Qatada -
02-09-2007, 12:45 PM
:wasalamex

If the person really believes in the shahadah - then they believe that None is worthy of worship except Allaah Alone, and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His final messenger.

If we believe in this sincerely - then we have to fulfill the conditions which need to be met. So a person needs to keep up with their 5 daily prayers, pay zakaah etc. [i.e. the 5 pillars of islaam.]

They also have to fulfill the following conditions:

1. Knowledge: 47:19, 43:86

2. Certainty: 49:15

3. Sincerity: 39:3, 98:5

4. Truthfulness: 29:1-3, 2:8-10

5. Love: 2:165, 5:54

6. Submission: 39:54, 4:125

7. Acceptance: 25:23-25, 37:35-36

8. Al-Kufraan (Disbelieving in the Taaquut - other false deities): 2:256

If the person truely believes that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, then they should work hard to surround their life according to the way of the final Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

(Say: ‘If you do love Allah follow me, Allah will love you and forgive your sins for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.) Qur'an (3:31)

We follow the way of the Messenger of Allaah, his sunnah. We don't follow the way of the imaams according to other sects, yes we can follow their way if their way is in accordance to the final messenger, Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him.) And it has to be from authentic sources [i.e. Sahih Al-Bukhari, Sahih Al-Muslim etc.] We have the right to follow scholars, but at the same time we should ask them for their proofs according to how the Messenger of Allaah and his companions lived islaam.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said:

"Indeed those from before you from the People of the Book [christians and jews] divided into seventy-two groups. And, indeed, this group (Muslims) will divide into seventy-three. Seventy-two groups will be in the Hellfire and one of them will be in Paradise. And it is the Jamaa'ah (group)."(recorded in Ahmad)

And in another narration, he (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said:

"Everyone of them in the Hellfire, except for one group that which I and my companions are upon." (recorded in Tirmidhi)

So we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah according to how the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) understood it. We don't take verses/ahadith out of context, because we can only follow it according to how the Messenger of Allaah taught them. Allaah is pleased with the companions, like He says in the Qur'an for instance:

Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquillity on them and rewarded them with a near victory, [Qur'an Al-Fath 48:18]

And from among these companions were Abu Bakr, Umar, Ali, and the famous companions, according to some narrations there were 1500 believers who pledged allegiance under that tree. So if Allaah is pleased with them, they are promised paradise.

So we should follow their way because they are on the right path, on the guidance revealed to the final Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him.) If we follow their way - we are successful insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.