/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith is found dead

mohammed farah
02-09-2007, 12:28 AM
The flamboyant former model Anna Nicole Smith has died near Miami, Florida at the age of 39, her lawyer has said.
Smith, a former Playboy bunny, married Texas oil billionaire J Howard Marshall II in 1994 when she was 26 and he was 89. He died a year later.

She spent years in court fighting his son for a share of his estate, and won a victory at the Supreme Court in 2006.

She was found unconscious in a hotel room and could not be resuscitated. No cause of death has been announced.

US media have reported that an autopsy will be conducted on Friday.

One of Smith's lawyers told Reuters news agency her husband Howard K Stern was "speechless and grieving".

Family tragedy

Her son Daniel, the product of a short-lived youthful marriage, died at the age of 20 in September, just days after Smith's daughter was born.

Smith's son Daniel died only months ago

The baby girl is the subject of a paternity suit, with Smith's former boyfriend Larry Birkhead saying he is the father of the child.

He sued Smith in Oct 2006, shortly after the baby was born.

Smith said Mr Stern, who is also her lawyer, was the father of the child.

A former topless dancer, Smith modelled for Guess Jeans and Playboy before marrying Marshall.

She also appeared in films including one of the Naked Gun movies.

She had her own reality TV show, The Anna Nicole Smith show, from 2002 to 2004.

Smith was born Vicki Lynn Hogan in Mexia, Texas, on 28 Nov 1967.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
02-09-2007, 01:05 AM
RIP -She led a tormented life! - Money does not buy happiness!

Muezzin
02-09-2007, 11:48 AM
The circumstances of her death bear similarities to the death of Marilyn Munroe...

Mawaddah
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
:eek: I saw the headlines just now but I thought they were talking about her son! I was thinking ' only now the autopsy? '

Silly me :D

But really, it's tragic. A'udhubillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
02-09-2007, 12:14 PM
:sl:

I feel sorry for the baby... they better do some genetic testing or something to figure out who her father is...

chris4336
02-09-2007, 12:28 PM
While it is a tragic death, the fact that this was the lead story on the morning news (in America) makes me so mad!!!! I mean with all that is going on in the world...grrrrr

ACC
02-09-2007, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chris4336
While it is a tragic death, the fact that this was the lead story on the morning news (in America) makes me so mad!!!! I mean with all that is going on in the world...grrrrr
Agreed. This being a lead story is rediculous. News is predicated on ratings though, so it is what it is.

FBI
02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
I hope justice is served now, and the her step son gets his fathers money.

AvarAllahNoor
02-09-2007, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
I hope justice is served now, and the her step son gets his fathers money.
lol he died when he was 69, during the court battle, She made that old man happy, She deserved his money.

Malaikah
02-10-2007, 01:00 AM
^No amount of money is going to help them now though... in the grave... I don't expect that Munkar and Nakeer take bribes (the angels who visit the graves). :uuh:

How temporary is the life of this world...

Strzelecki
02-10-2007, 07:29 AM
I was so surprised when I heard this. Definitley didn't see it coming.
I feel terrible for her 5 month old daughter.

E'jaazi
02-10-2007, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chris4336
Tragic? It was Allah's Decree. Her death was not tragic, but her dying upon Kufr was.

Strzelecki
02-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Playboy model Smith autopsy due

A post mortem examination is due to be carried on the body of Anna Nicole Smith, an ex-Playboy model and widow of an octogenarian oil tycoon.

There will also be an emergency hearing into her baby's paternity, disputed by her partner and an ex-boyfriend.

The 39-year-old was rushed to hospital late on Thursday after she collapsed in a hotel in the US state of Florida.

The model spent much of the past decade in the limelight in a bitter feud over tycoon Howard Marshall II's will.

DNA sought

Dr Joshua Perper said if Smith had not died of natural causes the findings of the post mortem examination would not be immediately announced.

"I am not a prophet, and I cannot tell you before the autopsy what I am going to find," Mr Perper said.

Larry Birkhead, a former boyfriend who says he is the father of Smith's five-month-old daughter has filed an emergency motion seeking DNA from the body of the former model to verify his claim.

Howard Stern, the model's lawyer and partner, says he is the father.

Smith's 20-year-old son died days after the girl's birth.

Courtroom battles

Smith was born Vicki Lynn Hogan in Mexia, Texas, on 28 Nov 1967.

A former topless dancer, she achieved considerable success as a model.

She was named Playboy's playmate of the year in 1993 and secured a lucrative contract with Guess Jeans.

In 1994, she married the 89-year-old Howard Marshall II after he repeatedly proposed to her.

His death just 14 months later triggered a long feud with his family over the inheritance of his estate which saw Smith make regular courtroom appearances.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6346201.stm

Strzelecki
02-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Model's death remains a mystery

An initial autopsy has failed to find the cause of Anna Nicole Smith's death, the doctor who carried it out has said.

No illegal drugs were found at the scene of her death, and her stomach did not contain pills, experts say.

But medical examiner Joseph Perper said he had not ruled out an overdose as a cause of death, and was waiting for the results of chemical analysis.

Ms Smith, a former Playboy model who fought a long battle for her late husband's estate, died on Thursday.

She was 39 years old.

There is "no evidence... to suggest a crime occurred," Police Chief Charlie Tiger told reporters in Florida.

But he said the investigation would remain open until Dr Perper, the Broward County medical examiner, completed his investigation.

Dr Perper said that could take from three to five weeks.

"It is a medical puzzle which we have to resolve to get a comprehensive picture of what happened," he said.

Custody battle

He said DNA samples had been taken from the late model.

"In every case in America, the examiner's office takes samples," he said.

Ms Smith died only five months after the birth of her daughter, Dannielynn - the subject of competing paternity claims.

More than one man claims to be the father of the child, who is potentially heir to a multi-million-dollar fortune.

Ms Smith married Texas oil billionaire J Howard Marshall II in 1994, not long after being named Playboy's Playmate of the Year.

She was 26 and he was 89.

He died 14 months later, setting the stage for a battle over his estate that pitted Ms Smith against Marshall's son.

The case has not yet been resolved, even though Marshall's son died last year.

Ms Smith's own son Daniel died in September, leaving her daughter as her only surviving offspring.

Both Ms Smith's lawyer and partner, Howard K Stern, and her ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead say they are the father of the baby.

Ms Smith said Mr Stern was the father, but Mr Birkhead was demanding DNA testing even before Ms Smith died.

A judge has ordered that Ms Smith's body be preserved until a paternity hearing later this month.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6348635.stm

FBI
02-10-2007, 10:23 AM
:sl:

I personnly could care less, it's just a shame no one gave her dawah

Tania
02-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Rest in peace :(
Her baby girl inheritaged the 80.000.000 dollars won in 2006 in court. I think thats why his ex boyfriend is asking the dna test to be carried away to can take the baby and money. If i am right, thats real sad to see no one cares about baby :( money, only money.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.