/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab (the liar!)

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 01:43 AM
:sl:

Some of you might have heard of Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab (Musaylimah the liar), a man who claimed to be a Prophet himself during the Prophet's (pbuh) time.

Well, here is an example of his 'Quran' which he made up, is this hilarious or what. :D

They have mentioned that `Amr bin Al-`As went to visit Musaylimah Al-Kadhdhab after the Messenger of Allah was commissioned (as a Prophet) and before `Amr had accepted Islam. Upon his arrival, Musaylimah said to him,

"What has been revealed to your friend (Muhammad ) during this time''

`Amr said, "A short and concise Surah has been revealed to him.''

Musaylimah then said, "What is it'' `Amr replied;

﴿وَالْعَصْرِ - إِنَّ الإِنسَـنَ لَفِى خُسْرٍ - إِلاَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ الصَّـلِحَـتِ وَتَوَاصَوْاْ بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْاْ بِالصَّبْرِ ﴾

(By Al-`Asr. Verily, man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience.)

So Musaylimah thought for a while. Then he said, "Indeed something similar has also been revealed to me.''

`Amr asked him, "What is it''

He replied, "O Wabr (a small, furry mammal; hyrax), O Wabr! You are only two ears and a chest, and the rest of you is digging and burrowing.''

Then he said, "What do you think, O `Amr''

So `Amr said to him, "By Allah! Verily, you know that I know you are lying.''

The Wabr is a small animal that resembles a cat, and the largest thing on it is its ears and its torso, while the rest of it is ugly. Musaylimah intended by the composition of these nonsensical verses to produce something which would oppose the Qur'an. Yet, it was not even convincing to the idol worshipper of that time.

(From Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surat al-Asr)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ehha
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
interestting :D

- Qatada -
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
:salamext:

lol subhaan Allaah!

this is a hyrax by the way:

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 12:05 PM

aw it's cute... honestly... that was the lamest attempts of a forging a surah I've ever seen... he has some others too that I heard, they were just as silly, but I haven't got them on my at the moment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
02-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah I remember learning this before.

The whole class was laughing when the teacher read it off ;D

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 12:14 PM

Did you hear it in Arabic? It must have sounded so much funnier! :D

I love when he said: Verily, you know that I know you are lying.

lol how embarrassing.

- Qatada -
02-09-2007, 12:14 PM

I think his others were about food, and people said it's like he thinks using his stomach.. there was one about a frog too. Not sure about the sources but i heard Anwar al-Awlaki mention them in the Abu Bakr Series i think.

Malaikah
02-09-2007, 12:16 PM
^Oh yeh! I remember someone made a comment him about his "Quran" being revealed to his stomach or something like that LOL.

Mawaddah
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Did you hear it in Arabic? It must have sounded so much funnier! :D

I love when he said: Verily, you know that I know you are lying.

lol how embarrassing.
Ye! It was a poem like in Arabic, I'll see if I can find it insha'allah.

I mean, at least come up with something that makes sense, why talk about something like that?:rolleyes:

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-09-2007, 02:00 PM

:lol: I heard that one about the frog aswell.^^^

Mawaddah
02-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I found something interesting about him :D

Here :

فأظهر الله كذبه ولصق به لقب الكذاب، وأراد إظهار كرامات تشبه معجزات النبي ، فقد ذكر ابن كثير في البداية أنه بصق في بئر فغاض ماؤها، وفي أخرى فصار ماؤها أجاجاً، وسقى بوضوئه نخلا فيبست، وأتى بولدان يبرك عليهم فمسح على رؤسهم فمنهم من قرع رأسه ومنهم من لثغ لسانه، ودعا لرجل أصابه وجع في عينيه فمسحهما فعمي.

Allah exposed his lies and from then on the title of 'The Liar' has always been associated with his name. He wished to show miracles (to the people) similar to the Miracles of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

Ibn Katheer has mentioned in His Book Al-Bidaayah that he (Musailimah) Spat in a well, and its water dwindled and dried up. And he spat in another well and that water turned to bitter salty water.
He watered a date tree with the excess water from his Wudhoo' and the tree dried up and died.
Two boys were brought to him so that he may bless them and so he wiped their heads with his hand, as a result of that, the head of one of them became bald and the other developed a speech defect.
A man who was suffering from an ailment in his eyes came to him (for a cure) but when he wiped them, the man became blind

Amazing or what :eek:

Malaikah
02-10-2007, 01:02 AM

Wow!! Those poor misguided people, I hope after that they realised that Musaylimah was a liar!

- Qatada -
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
:wasalamex

I read a hadith that a man was executed under Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood when he was governor of Kufa or something.. so some people still may have still claimed to believe in him due to assabiya [nationalism, tribalism etc.] Allaahu a'lam.

Malaikah
02-10-2007, 10:28 AM

Yeh, that is true. In fact there was one guy who said to him something like: I know you are a liar, but a liar from so-and-so tribe is better than an honest man from Quraish.

Can you believe someone would actually say that.:uuh:

- Qatada -
02-10-2007, 10:32 AM

Probably because the 'arabs had never heard of the concept of a Prophet before, but now that they realised that not even kings have been able to gain so much power & unite the arabs, so the only thing left is to be a prophet.

I think it was Bani Hanifa where Al-Khadhaab was from so they probably wanted strong power/authority aswell instead of the Quraysh. Allaahu a'lam.

Dhulqarnaeen
02-12-2007, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Probably because the 'arabs had never heard of the concept of a Prophet before, but now that they realised that not even kings have been able to gain so much power & unite the arabs, so the only thing left is to be a prophet.

I think it was Bani Hanifa where Al-Khadhaab was from so they probably wanted strong power/authority aswell instead of the Quraysh. Allaahu a'lam.
:w:
You wanna laugh more? :D Try to read At Tadhkiroh, holebook (I dont like to say "hollybook") of Ahmadiyah Al Qodyany, its so funny and also disgusting :mad: .

amirah_87
02-15-2007, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

"
He replied, "O Wabr (a small, furry mammal; hyrax), O Wabr! You are only two ears and a chest, and the rest of you is digging and burrowing.''

Then he said, "What do you think, O `Amr''

MashaAllah this is a funny story..

I cant seem to remmeber how the arabic bit went, I think it went somethin like:

Yaa wabar ya wabar innamaa anta udhnaanun wa dhafar..wa saa'iruka hafrun wa nafar!

Lol ;D

Jazaakillah khayr for postin this up cheesie!

Is that what you were lookin for Maw?

Mawaddah
02-15-2007, 01:44 PM
^ Yea it went something like that :p and I found another one about a frog too but I lost the website :-\

amirah_87
02-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Lol One about a frog? I don't think I've heard of that! :eek:

^ Yea it went something like that :p
I double checked in Tafseer Ibn Katheer & It is like that :p

Lol

S_87
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM

heres another

Allah has been gracious to the pregnant woman;
He has brought forth from her a living being that can move;
from her very midst
this and the one on first post. hes just stating the obvious really :lol:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.