View Full Version : Valentines Day

muslimah_786
02-09-2007, 03:08 PM
:sl:

What is the muslim view of this day??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FA68
02-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Salam, i think that muslims dont agree with valentines day as it all about showing love and kindness on that day whereas muslims show they care for each other in other ways not by buying presents and saying things if you know what i mean? i dont have evidence yet but i will find some if you want sister? Allahafiz

aamirsaab
02-09-2007, 03:26 PM
If you love someone, you don't love them for one day - that aint love, that's pimping. Which is haram. Nay, Bidah!

FA68
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Salam yes brother you are right, that is what i was trying to say but did not come out righht. Allahafiz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SophiaCroft
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I agree with you all. It is totally waste of day. I know some Muslims who say that it ok celebrate. They say that it make them realise that how someone is special to them or how special they are to someone but they are wrong. I say No! its all just fake and just waste of money. All the money they waste on gifts and chocolates to impress someone. Can be used in zakat charity etc.

FA68
02-09-2007, 03:44 PM
salam yes i think sooo i know alot of people that do i think it is HARRAM, its the western people who believe in that not muslims
Allahafiz

Kittygyal
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
If you love someone, you don't love them for one day - that aint love, that's pimping. Which is haram. Nay, Bidah!
salamualikum.
well said akhi, so true you wouldn't by your 'love' one just for one day some bunch of roses or whats so not, why not every day why just on 14th? :thumbs_do
Ma'assalama

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-09-2007, 04:07 PM

See this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ne-s-day.html?

Also search the forum, you'll find other threads as well.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.