/* */

PDA

View Full Version : this is gna sound weird....

Helena
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
:w:

as i was using kings cross station, as am walking pretty fast and my gaze are lowered as usual....as i dnt look around much.....without noticing....

policemen about couple of men standing in the middle between the two platforms grabbed my attention my a flash...

as u've might've guessed....they were taking pictures......but why me?.....and started to look at me in a weird way and left my sight...

as i was waiting reading my book waiting for the train..another person dressed casually trying to take another pic of me...in my front...i moved away...

weird or wot?.......

am soo worried....trying to show a multicultural society or wot?...i wonder....

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Were you wearing a hijab or niqaab? Any ''muslim'' clothing?

It is indeed weird though.

Helena
02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
i was wearing jilbaab and hijab...a woolly scarf around my neck....black coat...shopping bags in my hand.....

Jibril
02-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't worry sister,..if anyone is following you they will soon realize what a waste of time it is. Just relax.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
02-09-2007, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jibril
Don't worry sister,..if anyone is following you they will soon realize what a waste of time it is. Just relax.
following me...ya Allah..my concern has risen.....but why the police out of all ppl? and another weirdo...taking pic right in front of me.....

Idris
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Why didn’t you shout at him?

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM …. ANIMAL IN A ZOO? :mad:

Has the world gone mad, by Allah if this guy tried this to my mom or sister or any Muslim on the road I would have garbed that camera and sticked it up where the sun don’t shine.:mad: :mad:

Jibril
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
following me...ya Allah..my concern has risen.....but why the police out of all ppl? and another weirdo...taking pic right in front of me.....
Who knows. Look, you're probably imagining it. If you're not, on the small chance that law enforcement is interested in you, they'll soon realize that you're not a threat and you'll be ok. Either way, take a deep breathe and relax. As muslims we are sometimes scrutinized and that happens in every community. I know it happens in the states all the time, I imagine in happens in England too.

Jibril
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris

Has the world gone mad, by Allah if this guy tried this to my mom or sister or any Muslim on the road I would have garbed that camera and sticked it up where the sun don’t shine.:mad: :mad:
No i disagree. As Muslims we have to watch our cool and make sure we don't give them any excuses. I advise all my brothers and sisters here, if they are approached by law enforcement be polite and courteous. Even if you feel discriminated against, be polite then get yourself a shark of a lawyer.

Helena
02-09-2007, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris

erm...shout at somebody me....cant possibly even do that.....ya Allah..

am trying to take deep breath and relax...but its not wrking......

Jibril
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
erm...shout at somebody me....cant possibly even do that.....ya Allah..

am trying to take deep breath and relax...but its not wrking......
whatever you do, don't watch "road to guantanimo" lol.

Seriously, relax. We deal with this stuff all the time,..FBI talking to brothers, phones bugged. Take it in stride.

Helena
02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jibril
whatever you do, don't watch "road to guantanimo" lol.

Seriously, relax. We deal with this stuff all the time,..FBI talking to brothers, phones bugged. Take it in stride.
actually have seen that already......

may Allah(swt) guide us all inshAllah....

am sure its nothing or is it?.....

Jibril
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM
actually have seen that already......

may Allah(swt) guide us all inshAllah....

am sure its nothing or is it?.....
its nothing

Helena
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
true..have got nothing to hide or be miserable or be worried....just place my trust in Allah(swt)....

it just how things are seen and dealt diff way towards us....taking a pic is freaky,shouldve asked them directly?....silly me....

Sabbir_1
02-09-2007, 06:20 PM
nothing to worry about, they couldnt see your face u where wearing the hijaab/ and jilbaab..

another person dressed casually trying to take another pic of me...in my front...i moved away...
Probably a reporter, or journalist.. taking some pic of sis wearing hijaab...

Jibril
02-09-2007, 06:22 PM
true..have got nothing to hide or be miserable or be worried....just place my trust in Allah(swt)....

it just how things are seen and dealt diff way towards us....taking a pic is freaky,shouldve asked them directly?....silly me....
No, if you see those kind of things don't ask them anything just be on your way.

Maarya
02-09-2007, 06:22 PM
you know you are innocent and havent done anything wrong so just chill - they cant touch you if you have Allah's protection.

Pk_#2
02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Astaghfirullah x a million!!

I duno what i would do, most probly snatch the camera and smash it,

But then again i duno if i would realise...

unless they were right infront of my face!

Peace! :)

H4RUN
02-09-2007, 06:34 PM
hmmm not your average day out eh?...Must be erm the gucci erm hijab? lol If u suspect anything again...direct them to Luton, tell them my name, and come find me....i'll be more than happy to say 'cheeeeeese' and pose leanin against the WALL with a sandwhich in one hand and the miswaak in the mouth :D...
Well most probably a coincidence about the two people taking pics...im sure it's nothing, unless u tried to pull a scam to get through the station without using a ticket :p i would neva eva do that......................
every day

Helena
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
am okay......unless am not any papers 2moro...imagine...lol....

Helena
02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
hmmm not your average day out eh?...Must be erm the gucci erm hijab? lol If u suspect anything again...direct them to Luton, tell them my name, and come find me....i'll be more than happy to say 'cheeeeeese' and pose leanin against the floor with a sandwhich in one hand and the miswaak in the mouth :D...
Well most probably a coincidence about the two people taking pics...im sure it's nothing, unless u tried to pull a scam to get through the station without using a ticket :p i would neva eva do that......................
every day
erm actually am out and about everyday...as am a traveller....

it has happ to me already after 7/7..i was stopped by the police in a train station again to check me tickets....instead of checking other whom rushed by me....i guess i was the suspect in there eye...

gucci hijab me....that wud create attention....not a designer person...

next time.....i'll keep that in my mind...as my boss harun....is controlling me....let me go plz...lol...

H4RUN
02-09-2007, 06:50 PM
well as you are the traveller, maybe they realised that you were a traveller aswel, and they could have been making a documentry on people that travel? It's a possibility..but naaa really shouldn't be anything to worry about unless as i mentioned before, u tried to pull a fast one out of the station with no ticket lol

deen_2007
02-09-2007, 07:09 PM
they shud ask 4 ur permission....my advice....query it with the police department....& that specific stations management...they must have cameras...so thats proof enough 4 u!...

btw...which train station?

H4RUN
02-09-2007, 07:28 PM
yeeeeaaah good advice sis^... have a word with them, and if oyu have time ask to see CCTV footage, [ get a copy of it, show your mates, your famous:p ]
And i think Kings Cross station was mentioned...in London if im correct

deen_2007
02-09-2007, 07:39 PM
king cross......not far from me! if that was me sis....i wud hav done dat b4 i return home! sometimes its gud to speak up (in a polite way)......but its never too late! ...... go 2mrw...infact phone ur local metropolitan police staion for advice about this ....(NOT 999 lol)....and then go to king cross station 2mrw (with someone tough) & query it.(i wud hav com wiv u...had i known u...but i no dats not realistic)

....ask them, if they knew if polices, reporters wer taking pic & reports yes2day...cos ur pic was taken.....demand a query...in fact...take a formal letter with you 2mrw...so if they say they cnt do anything or they'll get back to u....u leave them with your formal letter. (get a reciept of the letter & the name of the person)

if matters get worse...visit the citizen advice centre....they will sort the stuff out! (n remember...report it to the police too: get ref number too)

AabiruSabeel
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
قال ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما: كنت خلف النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يوما فقال :«يا غلام، إني أعلمك كلمات: إحفظ الله يحفظك، احفظ الله تجده تجاهك، إذا سألت فاسأل الله، وإذا استعنت فاستعن بالله، واعلم أن الأمة لو اجتمعت على أن ينفعوك بشيء لم ينفعوك الا بشيء قد كتبه الله لك، وإن اجتمعوا على أن يضروك بشيء لم يضروك الا بشيء قد كتبه الله عليك، رفعت الأقلام وجفّت الصحف»
On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas who said: One day I was behind the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and he said to me,

“Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.” (At-Tirmidhi)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
just say "yeh i no im buff, but allow it wid da pics yeh, im a little camera shy :p"

or

"wha u lukin at? nice 2 know iv fascinated u"

but dats really random, why wud sum1 randomly take pics of sum1 dey didnt kno :?

snakelegs
02-09-2007, 09:39 PM
that would give me the creeps. if i was a muslim, it would give me the super-creeps.

Jibril
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
that would give me the creeps. if i was a muslim, it would give me the super-creeps.
Now you know what we have to deal with. On multiple occassions I have been stopped at the airport and delayed and questioned for 1 hour or more. Only because of my name.

snakelegs
02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
i'm very uncomfortable about "racial profiling". it reminds me of jews having to wear a yellow badge in nazi germany.

Pk_#2
02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
True snakelegs, it would give me the creepz...poor baby! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.