/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do all Christians believe only they are saved?

GreatLoveJesus
02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Salam Alaykum

We met many types of Chrstians, some of them saying that it does not matter which religion we belong to as long as we pray to God and are good people.

Where does this idea come from?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreatLoveJesus
02-10-2007, 03:41 AM
:sl:

From other places I have posted this thread, some say yes, and some say no, and sometimes Christins start arguing with one another about it :p .

Eric H
02-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Greetings and peace be with you GreatLoveJesus, welcome to the forum from a Christian.

We cannot know the mind of God, but I hope and pray that people of all faiths and no faith can find salvation.

I have family and friends outside of my Catholic faith and they will probably remain that way. We pray to a loving and merciful God and I hope and pray that they can all achieve salvation.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

duskiness
02-10-2007, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreatLoveJesus

We met many types of Chrstians, some of them saying that it does not matter which religion we belong to as long as we pray to God and are good people.

Probably from compassion and love to those who are not Christians.
Or indifference.
Or both.
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
02-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Salam Alaykum

"Great Love for Jesus led me to Islam"

http://www.lulu.com/content/267651
salamualikum.
you know the other day on Thursday i was talking about this issue with my friend as she is a christain && she said the same thing, even though i converted to islam i asked her what do you belive as a christain to pray to God && have a good role model or what? && she said the same thing yes thats what i belive even when me nan was alive she even used to tell me the same thing. But i don't think nowadays people are acting as such a role model (talking from my own familes, it's a shame actually:cry: )
ma'assalama

AvarAllahNoor
02-10-2007, 01:40 PM
God is one. We all will find salvation if we worship him

Grace Seeker
02-10-2007, 05:45 PM
:sl:

From other places I have posted this thread, some say yes, and some say no, and sometimes Christins start arguing with one another about it :p .

Yep. That is sort of the way it is.

There are some verses such as John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'." that are understood by many Christians to be very exclusivistic. That is, when they read this verse, they see it saying -->> the only way to be saved is through Jesus, i.e. becoming a Christian.

And yet, others read the same verse and don't see it as exclusivistic at all, but a statement that all who are eventually saved, whether they are Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or whatever in their belief are saved by the work of Christ, not their own works. Add to this that there are some who don't really bother to actually read the Bible but still try to tell others how to think and believe, and a classic concept of many of these people is that you can get to God by just being a good person and then God has to let you in, regardless.

So, ask enough people and eventually you will get every answer imagninable.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Salam Alaykum

"Great Love for Jesus led me to Islam"

http://www.lulu.com/content/267651
they are more atheist than christian now

brenton
02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I am a devout, conservative, evangelical, Bible-believing Christian who does not believe in the American dispensationalist place of Jews. But I believe that faithful Jews also go to heaven. Unless they are Christians, they aren't "saved" in the Christian sense--they probably wouldn't want to be. But being saved and going to heaven are different things.
I also think people who don't hear about Jesus but are righteous toward God may go to heaven, but I don't know.
I'm probably wrong, but there you go.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brenton
I am a devout, conservative, evangelical, Bible-believing Christian who does not believe in the American dispensationalist place of Jews. But I believe that faithful Jews also go to heaven. Unless they are Christians, they aren't "saved" in the Christian sense--they probably wouldn't want to be. But being saved and going to heaven are different things.
I also think people who don't hear about Jesus but are righteous toward God may go to heaven, but I don't know.
I'm probably wrong, but there you go.
Welcome
In the Quran Allah says that in Chapter 2:284- 286
All the believers believe in angels ,books and messengers
we do not differentiate between prophets

from this verse ,it is clear that we follow all prophets

the first question I have to ask u is where does the prophecy stop ?

brenton
02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
What prophecy?

Alexius
02-12-2007, 03:37 AM
If any Christian believes that all will be saved, then they are sorely mistaken. The only thing we can do is to pray for all souls. We can pray that God will have mercy on us...

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius :shade:

Skillganon
02-12-2007, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alexius
If any Christian believes that all will be saved, then they are sorely mistaken. The only thing we can do is to pray for all souls. We can pray that God will have mercy on us...

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius :shade:

I think the question was:
Do all Christians believe only they are saved?

north_malaysian
02-12-2007, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brenton
But being saved and going to heaven are different things.
another point of view... but it's kinda cool...

Alexius
02-12-2007, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I think the question was:
Do all Christians believe only they are saved?
No, they don't - I think that's pretty clear...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.