/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not a Coincidence!

Batoota
07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
:sl:

I've been searching the forum to see if a thread like this already exists, but I didn't find one(...whether that is because I didn't search enough or because there really isn't one, yet remains to be seen!) Insha Allah, if there is, the mods won't get too upset :-[

I thought I would share two stories that have personally happened to me yesterday and today (respectively) with you guys :)

The Sign ?

I was sitting down in the Quran class I go to and to tell the truth I was a bit distracted. See, our class is divided in to several different groups and the teacher was busy with a different group at the moment. Usually, I sit down and listen to the other groups too, so that I can learn, but yesterday, my attention was wavering a bit from the group to my teacher's baby girl and to the little girl sitting next to me...

As it was, one member from "the other group" was reciting some of surat Al Baqarah...I was half paying attention to her, but I was thinking of surprising the little girl next to me by giving her a drawing. As I opened my notebook to draw something quickly, the girl began to recite:

Surely Allah is not ashamed to set forth any parable-- (that of) a gnat or any thing above that; then as for those who believe, they know that it is the truth from their Lord, and as for those who disbelieve, they say: What is it that Allah means by this parable: He causes many to err by it and many He leads aright by it! but He does not cause to err by it (any) except the transgressors,

(2:26)

Right at the exact moment, a fly landed on my Quran.....on that ayah! :omg: Now, I'm not sure exactly how a gnat differs from a fly, but I thought that was a pretty unique way of returning my attention back to the ayaat...:)

A coincidence (sp?!)? I think not! :D

On the Stairs!

Usually when I go up to my room or down from my room on the stairs, I go holding my laptop in my hand. Today, just 20 minutes ago, I decided to leave my laptop in the laptop bag. For a split second, I debated on whether or not I should take it out of the bag, but then decided against it.

So there i was, climbing the stairs, not really paying attention, when i stumbled...............actually, more like fall.

I fell down!

Subhan Allah! If i hadn't had my laptop in the bag, I'm pretty sure it would have....well, let's just say my dad would have been suffering majorly.

But it had been in the bag-- safely protected- nothing had happened to it-Alhamdillah! (Well..let's jsut hope no damage happened to it that will appear months later :confused: ;) )

^ A coincidence? I don't think so!

Has anything like that ever happened to you? Did you dismiss it just as luck?

Jazak Allah for anyone who answers :D :applaud:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
07-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Nice thread. :)

Batoota
07-16-2005, 04:18 PM

Jazak Allah koli khair, :D

I'm going to share another story!

disclaimer: have told this story many times on previous forums, but I am going to share it again ;)

Protected

When I was about five years old, my big sis and me got into a fight. I was so angry I kicked the window (which was really big). What I didn't know, was that the window was actually open. so I flew out out of it (haha. ducks don't fly, do they? :confused:). Anyways, I fell down!!We were living in an apartment building at the time but luckily we were on the first floor. After I fell, my twin came running to the window and she was like" are you dead!!!" and i was like "Get Mamaaaaaaaaa. Get Mooooooooooooom!"She was like okay.- (this part is what she told me happened) she found my parents talking to each other. She didn't want to tell them that I had fallen out the window, cause she knew my mom would go crazy (i mean she goes crazy when we cough!)so instead she was like ermm Mom, "batoota" (not real name of course!) wants you! My mom was like "okay, where is she"?

- so then my twin says,"well she fell out the window." My mom came running out so fast and my dad was right behind her. They picked me up, put me in the car, and started driving to the hospital. Being the weird 5 year old I was, I refused to go the hospital with out my shoes. (when I had fallen I hadn't been wearing shoes) Of course, I did end up going to the hospital ( barefoot) and I was announced fine!

As a joke my big sis used to claim that I was trying to learn how to fly.

HELLO! I was running away from her-- ;)

I used to always find that story a funny story to tell people and a good theory explaining "me" :p, but one day, years later, I heard my dad telling the story, and he said something that made me realize something: the day before I fell, it had rained. That was why the ground had been muddy and soft when I fell. We lived on the first floor so obviously when I fell it wasn't that bad. I understood then, that what had happened had been a miracle. Allah protected me :shade: and it wasn't a coincidence after all :D :wub:

Arwa
07-17-2005, 11:01 AM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barkatu

masha'Allah batta :p

It's happened to me lot's of times .. I just can't remember anything right now :confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arwa
07-17-2005, 11:07 AM
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Ok .. I've remembered :p

I think this was aboooout 2 years ago. :D My family (apart from my Dad) went to Pakistan (cousin's wedding). In short .. my cousin's wedding got delayed and it hadn't been a week since we were there. During that period, my sister developed a blocked nerve in her arm :( and after some tests at the hospital (they were shock tests) my sister's arm really felt bad. :confused: .. she said that she wanted to go back to my Dad and back to the UK (cos the medical system and treatment is better). My Mum and her brother went to the travel agents to get the seats back the UK after consulting my Dad. Subhanallah, we got the seats for same days and there only 5 seats left and there were 5 of us!!!

:applaud:

Batoota
07-17-2005, 11:10 AM

^ You know what? i was listening to Amr Khaled once a long time ago and he was saying, one of Shaitan's best tricks is to make us forget. When we forget all that Allah has given us, the times He's protected us, the times He has given us victory, etc., then we forget to be grateful to Him and we forget to praise Him.

Not that I'm picking on you, arwa or anything!! :p Seriously, I'm not. I was just saying that you have just mentioned one of the reasons why I started this thread. Other than forgetting how many times He's helped us out, we often don't realize that He has...so many times we assume that we just got lucky or something...

*Lecture time is over*

Batoota
07-17-2005, 11:12 AM

OMG! You answered while i was writing!! LOL!

Subhanallah, we got the seats for same days and there only 5 seats left and there were 5 of us
Wow, subhan Allah!! :applaud: Allah is just the Best of PlannerS! :D

*I hope your sister was fine*

Arwa
07-17-2005, 11:12 AM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah

haha naah.. alhamdulillah we have always been thankful to Allah :D
..but yeah I understand what you mean .. it's a shame really :(

I mean .. when something good happens, people unfortunately forget Allah, and in bad times, people turn to Allah. :(

Arwa
07-17-2005, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Batoota

OMG! You answered while i was writing!! LOL!

Wow, subhan Allah!! :applaud: Allah is just the Best of PlannerS! :D

*I hope your sister was fine*

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

haha

yeah alhamdulillah she is fine now. :D

Batoota
07-17-2005, 11:17 AM

I mean .. when something good happens, people unfortunately forget Allah, and in bad times, people turn to Allah
So true!

10:12 When trouble toucheth a man, He crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!

Arwa
07-17-2005, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Batoota

So true!

10:12 When trouble toucheth a man, He crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!

So many ayaat showing this .. here's a coincidence ;)
In school, we were reading Qur'an and came across a similar ayah ..

We had GCSE Modular exams the next day and my friends goes 'Ima pray my fjr tomorrow!'
and I was like ??? why don't you usually pray it?
..and she was like nah not all the time but you know it's exmas tomorrow!
and I was :omg: ??? :mad:
and then my friend said 'remember this ayah .. Allah has described people like that as wrecthed people .

aaah well! *sigh*

Batoota
07-17-2005, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa

So many ayaat showing this .. here's a coincidence ;)
In school, we were reading Qur'an and came across a similar ayah ..

We had GCSE Modular exams the next day and my friends goes 'Ima pray my fjr tomorrow!'
and I was like ??? why don't you usually pray it?
..and she was like nah not all the time but you know it's exmas tomorrow!
and I was :omg: ??? :mad:
and then my friend said 'remember this ayah .. Allah has described people like that as wrecthed people .

aaah well! *sigh*

That's sad...about not praying fajr! But Ma sha Allah you and the girl told her! :) Guess what? You reminded me of something. This guy (I don't know if he was a sheikh or not) on an islamic channel was saying it's not a coincidence when you read some ayaat and they seem to be pointing righ at you. You know what i mean? Like it's happened to me before. I'll be sitting down for example, flipping through the channels on t.v. and then i reach this Quran channel (:love: )and the minute that i flip there, the aya that is on...it's like....talking to me! You know what I mean?

Or like for example, I would have gotten into a fight with my mom and yelled at her (isatfigr Allahoo Alazheem, and i know i shouldn't say my sins, but i just wanted to clarify this) and then i'll go and open the radio and it will be the ayaat "Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour..." (surat Al Isra )

I was thinking today, that subhan Allah, i got to meet all of you. Alhamdillah! If we think about it, Who planned that we would sign up and talk together? What journey did each of us have to take till we got here? What is a coincidence that i came and (for example,) met amani here (though i'd actually met her somewhere else!)? Or is it safe to say, that Allah brought us together. He put us in separate countries but subhan Allah Al Aleem, Al Hakeem, He still brought us together.

^ Something to think about the next time you're on LI.

Arwa
07-17-2005, 03:07 PM

subhanallah so true! :wub:

Yokozuna
07-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Sis batoota, mashaaAAllah you have a lot of insight into life and you probably reflect a lot on life and other stuff. Nothing ceases to amaze you. :thumbs_up

Batoota
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM

Sis batoota, mashaaAAllah you have a lot of insight into life and you probably reflect a lot on life and other stuff. Nothing ceases to amaze you
:omg: Wow!! Me have insight into life!! OMG! That's hilarious ;) LOL! Seriously, Jazak Allah for that but it is truly a great compliment that I do not deserve!!

Thing is, many things pass by without us noticing it- me included! I don't get amazed by a lot of things- I wish i did, because I'm sure I'd be a better Muslimah. To be able to see the extraordinary in the ordinary is something that I wish I could do....and that is something that I thought we could work on together, right? Hence another reason for the thread.

Seriously, thanks a lot! I never expected a comment like that in my life!!

:w: :-[ :sister:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.