/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Destruction of Al Aqsa Mosque: Result of silence over Israeli crimes

sonz
02-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Addressing worshipers during his sermon after Friday’s prayers, Tehran's Interim Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati said that Israel’s ongoing efforts to destroy Al Aqsa Mosque are the result of the silence of Muslim states who have so far failed to confront Israel.

"They destroy the first Keble of Muslims while they are surrounded by half a billion Muslims, and Muslims waited and observe how the al-Aqsa was destroyed without showing any action," Jannati told a large congregation of worshipers on Tehran University campus yesterday.

The cleric further warned against the enemy’s plot to sow hatred and conflict between the Shias and Sunnis, adding that such plots endanger the entire Muslim world and the unity of the Muslim Ummah, as they would push the world Muslims into civil war.

Yesterday witnessed one of the fiercest clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police that took place at the Holy Al Aqsa mosque in recent years.

At the yard of the holy mosque, Israeli occupation soldiers and policemen stormed the mosque before thousands of them coiled it before using stun grenades and tear gas canisters that were fired at the Muslim worshippers.

Palestinians began throwing stones and shoes and the occupation soldiers.

The Israeli authorities deployed 3,000 additional policemen in the vicinity of the holy mosque and old town to quell possible demonstrations by Palestinians protesting recent excavation works by the Israeli authorities at the Magharba Gate of the Old City, which leads to the Aqsa Mosque Compound.

50 Palestinians were wounded in the Israeli attacks yesterday at the holy mosque, said Adnan Al Hussinei, director of Jerusalem's endowment.

Also 17 Muslim worshippers were reportedly arrested by the Israeli police.

The raid by Israeli forces at Al Aqsa mosque, came almost before worshipers finished Friday prayers, Mohammed Hussein, the top Muslim cleric in Jerusalem told Al Ayam newspaper.

" Muslim worshipper had barely finished their prayer when we heard the sound of firing stun grenades, tear gas canisters and rubber coated steel bullets towards the worshippers at the yards of Al Aqsa mosque then afterwards large troops stormed into yard, the worshippers run into the mosque to seek shield, " Hussein added.

Malaysia issued an official condemnation of Israel’s actions on Saturday, saying that the excavation work at Al Aqsa mosque hurts peace efforts.

Malaysia's foreign ministry issued a statement accusing Israel of deliberately destroying religious, cultural and heritage sites in the occupied Palestinian territories, and of direct aggression toward Al Aqsa mosque.

"We denounce this blatant act of provocation and the complete disregard for the sanctity of the holy mosque, this act will ignite the feelings of Muslims all over the world and is in fact a retrogressive step in the efforts to achieve peace in the region " the statement said.

-- AJP and agencies

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
02-10-2007, 03:21 PM
How is replacing a ramp the "destruction" of a Mosque? This wasn't an act of "Israeli aggression", it was a mob hurling stones.

Bittersteel
02-10-2007, 05:46 PM
okay what exactly has happened?and what has been destroyed?

Ninth_Scribe
02-10-2007, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
How is replacing a ramp the "destruction" of a Mosque? This wasn't an act of "Israeli aggression", it was a mob hurling stones.
It's not, but the Muslims are very sensitive about the security of the mosque and the Jews aren't being very up-front in their efforts, which doesn't help. It's not just the replacement of a ramp, but it's only fair to replace what they destroy.

Ninth Scribe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SilentObserver
02-10-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
It's not, but the Muslims are very sensitive about the security of the mosque and the Jews aren't being very up-front in their efforts, which doesn't help. It's not just the replacement of a ramp, but it's only fair to replace what they destroy.

Ninth Scribe
Clearly the muslims are very sensitive, but what is the reason that caused you to state that the jews are not being up-front about their efforts (other than muslims claiming so)? I have not been able to find evidence of this, I have tried to find if this claim is true. A link perhaps, if you don't mind. I like to get all information for the 'big picture'. Thanks.

So far, my understanding is that the ramp is becoming unsafe and needs renovation, and the muslims are upset at what might happen during renovation.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-10-2007, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
Addressing worshipers during his sermon after Friday’s prayers, Tehran's Interim Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati said that Israel’s ongoing efforts to destroy Al Aqsa Mosque are the result of the silence of Muslim states who have so far failed to confront Israel.

"They destroy the first Keble of Muslims while they are surrounded by half a billion Muslims, and Muslims waited and observe how the al-Aqsa was destroyed without showing any action," Jannati told a large congregation of worshipers on Tehran University campus yesterday.

The cleric further warned against the enemy’s plot to sow hatred and conflict between the Shias and Sunnis, adding that such plots endanger the entire Muslim world and the unity of the Muslim Ummah, as they would push the world Muslims into civil war.

Yesterday witnessed one of the fiercest clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police that took place at the Holy Al Aqsa mosque in recent years.

At the yard of the holy mosque, Israeli occupation soldiers and policemen stormed the mosque before thousands of them coiled it before using stun grenades and tear gas canisters that were fired at the Muslim worshippers.

The Israeli authorities deployed 3,000 additional policemen in the vicinity of the holy mosque and old town to quell possible demonstrations by Palestinians protesting recent excavation works by the Israeli authorities at the Magharba Gate of the Old City, which leads to the Aqsa Mosque Compound.

50 Palestinians were wounded in the Israeli attacks yesterday at the holy mosque, said Adnan Al Hussinei, director of Jerusalem's endowment.

The raid by Israeli forces at Al Aqsa mosque, came almost before worshipers finished Friday prayers, Mohammed Hussein, the top Muslim cleric in Jerusalem told Al Ayam newspaper.

" Muslim worshipper had barely finished their prayer when we heard the sound of firing stun grenades, tear gas canisters and rubber coated steel bullets towards the worshippers at the yards of Al Aqsa mosque then afterwards large troops stormed into yard, the worshippers run into the mosque to seek shield, " Hussein added.

Malaysia issued an official condemnation of Israel’s actions on Saturday, saying that the excavation work at Al Aqsa mosque hurts peace efforts.

Malaysia's foreign ministry issued a statement accusing Israel of deliberately destroying religious, cultural and heritage sites in the occupied Palestinian territories, and of direct aggression toward Al Aqsa mosque.

"We denounce this blatant act of provocation and the complete disregard for the sanctity of the holy mosque, this act will ignite the feelings of Muslims all over the world and is in fact a retrogressive step in the efforts to achieve peace in the region " the statement said.

-- AJP and agencies
as salaamu alikum
u are right
this also shows how muslims are weak
many are talking of jihaad while such a small case cannot be resolved

SilentObserver
02-10-2007, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaki.aumeerudy
as salaamu alikum
u are right
this also shows how muslims are weak
many are talking of jihaad while such a small case cannot be resolved
What if the case is making a big deal of nothing? If the ramp needs renovation to make it safe, and muslims are concerned that damage will be done to their interests because of the close proximity, then perhaps a different approach is required. What I mean is this; the israelis are used to violent protests from the palestinians about all issues. They are unlikely to listen. If a constructive approach is used, such as a political solution, in which a muslim engineer/cunsultant is proposed to oversee the project, then they would more inclined to listen.
This would get better results than just saying "no renovations at all". It also would make any future renovations needed for muslim interests be met with reduced protests from jews. It's called co-operation.

Agnostic
02-10-2007, 07:16 PM
I found this link, it has a map of where the construction is.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17062810

zaki.aumeerudy
02-10-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz

-- AJP and agencies
in 40 years of war we are still in a dead end
there are some solutions
1: all muslims leave the country i.e palestine
2: jihaad like in afghanistaan against Russia
3:stop all and continue to suffer
4: use same strategy when israel enters lebanon

but nothing is our hand

Ninth_Scribe
02-10-2007, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
but what is the reason that caused you to state that the jews are not being up-front about their efforts (other than muslims claiming so)?
Something I found a couple years back that named the location they happen to be digging at.... Perhaps. I'm not entirely clear on that. I'm checking the location now to be sure it's an exact match. If it's what I think it is, it's not a big deal. They could have had the Muslims do this for them, but there are acusations that the Muslims have not been fair when it comes to returning items of antiquity. I'm pulling the data now... will let you know.

Flash Update: My bad. It is not the same location... and King Abdullah of Jordon is really pissed off.

Ninth Scribe

SilentObserver
02-10-2007, 07:54 PM
It just seems to me that some muslim leaders are being irresponsible and stirring anger just to cause trouble. The Israelis have promised to not cause any damage to the compound which is 60 yards away. Thats 55 meters. Honestly, I think the muslim leaders are being unreasonable here. My more cynical side says they are being more than unreasonable, they are looking for something to 'stir the pot' about.

“The aggression happening now is a tragedy, a crime,” Raed Salah, a leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel, told The Associated Press. He accused Israel of declaring “a regional religious war.”
These words are chosen to stir anger and hatred. It is a 'crime' to do work 55 meters(even further away is the mosque) away from the compound?

On Thursday, U.N. ambassadors from the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference called on the U.N. Security Council “to take immediate and urgent action in order to bring an end to Israeli intransigence and violations against the blessed Al Aqsa mosque.”
Again, irresponsible and misleading. There are no violations against the mosque. The compound itself is 55 meters away. The work will not affect the mosque.

IzakHalevas
02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
The work being done is 60 yards away. Stop freaking out guys. Scared we may find some Jewish history when digging? :rolleyes:

Ninth_Scribe
02-10-2007, 08:11 PM
There are no violations against the mosque. The compound itself is 55 meters away. The work will not affect the mosque.
Beats head onto table... why couldn't they just sit down and discuss this first? There's a very nagging question here, because there is no real reason I can see why the people at Al Aqsa couldn't do this work themselves. So the new question is: Why didn't the Israelis just ask them to?

Does anyone know if meetings concerning this project were held in advance?

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
02-10-2007, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
The work being done is 60 yards away. Stop freaking out guys. Scared we may find some Jewish history when digging? :rolleyes:
That would actually be very cool... but I'm putting my money in the Judean desert ;)

Ninth Scribe

SATalha
02-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Are you telling me that the complex is of no intrest to the jews? I dont think so, the destruction of the Al-Aqsa Masjid is somthing that many of you's want and are planning for it as well.

SATalha
02-10-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.aqsa.org.uk/leafletsdetails.aspx?id=20

Check this link out and tell me that the ultimate destruction of the Masjid is not the aims of certain Jews? It should be stated that this is an issue that will not only have reprecution is that Arab/Muslim world but in the far easter region as well.

Agnostic
02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
http://www.aqsa.org.uk/leafletsdetails.aspx?id=20

Check this link out and tell me that the ultimate destruction of the Masjid is not the aims of certain Jews? It should be stated that this is an issue that will not only have reprecution is that Arab/Muslim world but in the far easter region as well.
As far as I can tell this is about the current project to rebuild the ramp, not "the aim of certain Jews"

SATalha
02-10-2007, 09:00 PM
The ramp is just one part of the project. It will continue with more building work. Its a very dangerous game they are playing, Muslims are not dumb we can see the long term goals of the Isrealis.

IzakHalevas
02-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Are you telling me that the complex is of no intrest to the jews? I dont think so, the destruction of the Al-Aqsa Masjid is somthing that many of you's want and are planning for it as well.
No we are not. We know when the Moshiach comes he will rebuild the Holy Temple, but we can not do this without him, and when he comes, we believe you will know the truth then, and not care what he does!

The ramp is just one part of the project. It will continue with more building work. Its a very dangerous game they are playing, Muslims are not dumb we can see the long term goals of the Isrealis.
No it is not "one part" of anything. It was damaged, and new one was needed. Not a big deal.

Agnostic
02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
The ramp they are rebuilding is outside the compound and has nothing to do with the Mosque. Everything inside the compound is controlled by the Waqf.

Those who are spreading conspiracy theories and trying to stir up violence over this construction are playing a more dangerous game

jello
02-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Salam

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/articl...ArticleID=5531

The Haram Al-Qudsi (Noble Sanctuary) housing the Al-Aqsa Mosque was invaded and occupied by Israeli police yesterday. Stun grenades were fired by Israeli forces at worshippers. Live ammunition was also used.

And the Muslim world slept.

Israeli forces told the media that they had reinforced an already existing police presence in the area with an additional 3,000 troops.

Why? Israeli authorities feared Palestinian worshippers, who numbered in the tens and hundreds were expected to demonstrate against the Israel excavations near the Noble Sanctuary.

The Israel Antiquities Authority said the excavations, expected to take months, is to strengthen an access ramp to Dung Gate for the "benefit and safety of visitors" after damage caused by an earthquake and snowstorms in February 2004.

The clerics in the mosque urged the Israelis to stop firing at the demonstrators, but to no avail.

Not only did the Muslim world sleep, but the two usurpers of Palestine, Hamas chief Khaled Al Meshaal and Fatah President Mahmoud Abbas hugged and kissed in Mecca on Thursday, congratulating each other for having petty turf wars which killed off nearly 60 of their supporters.

Including women and children.

And the Muslim world slept. Careful sleeping giant, for as you slumber others will steal your prayer rug right from underneath you.

And that is what has happened. The Palestinians brutally took arms against one another and while the upper echelons of the rival factions journeyed to Mecca, Jerusalem was the target of an insidious plot.

Divide and conquer, old chaps, divide and conquer.

But it is of no concern to the leaders who rested on finely made Italian furniture shaking hands with those who would wear elegant silken robes worth thousands of dollars.

On Al-Jazeera, Mohammed Hussein, mufti of Jerusalem, called for medical assistance for wounded Palestinian worshippers.

When ambulances arrived, Israeli troops refused to grant them entry. As I write this, I am watching a Palestinian man receiving urgent medical aid for a severe head wound that is too gruesome to describe on these pages.

Mohammed Hussein and the rest of the Muslim clergy then resorted to calling members of the diplomatic corps in Israel begging them to exert pressure on Israeli authorities to allow the ambulances in.

Palestinian civilians who scrambled to rush first aid equipment to the Al-Aqsa Mosque were pushed back by Israeli troops.

Why is this happening now?

First off, the divide and conquer axiom is not to be underestimated. Second, the Al-Aqsa Mosque — and the threats it faces under a brutal Israeli occupation — reverberates with Muslims. Therefore, if you want to provoke Muslims plan your Shavuot outing in the Noble Sanctuary.

And third, which most local experts tend to agree on, is Israel’s attempt to derail mediation and reconciliation in Mecca.

Fatah will be soft on Israel regarding today’s violation. Hamas will not. The two will disagree. A suicide bombing here, a few dead Palestinian children dead there, and Ariel’s your uncle.

Bravo, Mahmoud.

Bravo, Khaled.

You have handed Israel its greatest victory.

The Mosque is built of cement and brick. Human lives are much more expendable. Once, Muslims marched in outrage when holy sites were violated, ignoring that tens of thousands of their brothers and sisters were killed in conflicts partially of their making.

Seven hundred thousand dead Iraqis – no one marches for them, but cartoons and brick are reason for outrage.

But now, even the desecration of holy sites is no longer sancrosanct.

IzakHalevas
02-11-2007, 04:18 AM
housing the Al-Aqsa Mosque was invaded and occupied by Israeli police yesterday.
After Muslims hurled rocks at old mean praying to G-d. Of course the police came!

SilentObserver
02-11-2007, 07:33 AM
The sensationalism to stir hatred in this report is nauseating. The writer is clearly a tabloid type writer, and deserves no respect as a 'reporter'.
format_quote Originally Posted by jello
Live ammunition was also used.
Was somebody shot? And killed?

Why?
Does this guy really need to ask? Isn't it obvious? Certain muslim leaders called for violence, and got what they asked for. The Israelis would be stupid to not boost security.

And the Muslim world slept. Careful sleeping giant, for as you slumber others will steal your prayer rug right from underneath you.
This is not credible reporting, it's fear mongering, and hate mongering.

Seven hundred thousand dead Iraqis – no one marches for them, but cartoons and brick are reason for outrage.
Seven hundred thousand? There goes his last shred of credibility.

Guys like this, along with the leaders that are spreading this fear and hatred, should be arrested and imprisoned for inciting hatred, and causing more violence and bloodshed.

SilentObserver
02-11-2007, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
okay what exactly has happened?and what has been destroyed?
Nothing. Nothing has been destroyed. What has happened is that the Israelis have decided to fix a ramp that is 55 meters away from the compound, and even further from the mosque. Some muslim leaders have jumped to the conclusion that the israelis will damage the mosque from this great distance. They have used this "possibility" as an excuse to cause more violence by stirring more anger, by lying about the incident. They are claiming that something is being done to the mosque, which it is not.

Bittersteel
02-11-2007, 10:54 AM
its distrust and hatred and this all occurred due to that unfortunate incident(the burning of the al-Aqsa by that stupid Australian).I think Muslims should be involved to oversee everything's alright.
and at how many places are they working?
Is it just one ramp or will there be others?will there be harm done by an accident?these I guess is in the mind of the Palestinians and other Muslims.

Skywalker
02-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know if meetings concerning this project were held in advance?
I think that's the main problem right there. From what I read, there is an agreement that any work done in that area by any party would have to be discussed with the other parties responsible for that area, and they have all stuck to this agreement until now. The Muslim representative for that area was NOT consulted before this new project had taken place, and they themselves found out about what's going on through the media! So of course they're outraged at what the Israelis are doing, and they have a right to be, no matter how insignificant the Israelis are claiming that this renovation is. They had an agreement that served everyone's best interests, and they broke it.

The funny thing is...that this renovation happened at the EXACT same time that the leaders of Hamas and Fatah went to Mecca.

Coincidence?

...I think not ;)

Nuseyba bintkab
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
al-Aqsa will not finish like that allah is Protecting the mosque alhamdu-lillah

Trumble
02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
A huge fuss over nothing. It just shows how easy it is to for some people to manipulate the masses - and sometimes get people killed - by pulling the right religious strings.

Bittersteel
02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
I guess ;but the same could be said for other peoples.

SATalha
02-11-2007, 07:39 PM
No we are not. We know when the Moshiach comes he will rebuild the Holy Temple, but we can not do this without him, and when he comes, we believe you will know the truth then, and not care what he does!

No it is not "one part" of anything. It was damaged, and new one was needed. Not a big deal.
Many things have been started without him? so whats to stop you guys.

IzakHalevas
02-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Many things have been started without him? so whats to stop you guys.
Not the Temple Mount. To rebuild the Holy Temple without the Messiah would be blasphemy.

SATalha
02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
I hope so, coz it looks as if this is what the zionist are planning. The reason iam saying this is becuase i heard a Rabbi once on the radio talking about the Messaih. And she was saying that the Messiah is not a person but a consensus of jews who have the right mind state. So this could be used as a justification for the rebuilding of the temple. I know she maybe unorthodox, but the creation of isreal was unorthodox as well?

IzakHalevas
02-11-2007, 08:04 PM
And she
She?

She as in the Rabbi was a girl?

Your probably hearing from a "Rabbi" who was from the Liberal Judaism movement, which is no authority of Jewish law. They have strayed and eat pork. They are disgusting.

SATalha
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
I know that why thought her views where very Un-jewish

Ninth_Scribe
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
I guess ;but the same could be said for other peoples.
True. There could be just as much fuss over the danger to the wall of tears, but so far so good. I still think the Israeli government should have met with them and discussed all this first. I hate to use the term "landlord' because it sends the wrong signal, especially in light of the newly formed Council at Jerusalem, but even with the replacement or refurbishment of my humble kitchenette, I'd still feel weird if the landlord just came in to do the work, with no notice or anything. I mean, it's just rude.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
02-11-2007, 08:42 PM
She?

She as in the Rabbi was a girl?

Your probably hearing from a "Rabbi" who was from the Liberal Judaism movement, which is no authority of Jewish law. They have strayed and eat pork. They are disgusting.
Um. Lashon Hara? Or is that now permitted as well?

9th

Ninth_Scribe
02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I know she maybe unorthodox, but the creation of isreal was unorthodox as well?
I'm still trying to figure out how the tribal laws were dismissed until the coming of... No one seems to be willing to cite the Chapter and Verse on that deal for me. But... I'll get to the bottom of it.

Ninth Scribe

SilentObserver
02-12-2007, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
A huge fuss over nothing. It just shows how easy it is to for some people to manipulate the masses - and sometimes get people killed - by pulling the right religious strings.
Exactly. These leaders should be punished for inciting hatred and causing trouble.

wilberhum
02-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Exactly. These leaders should be punished for inciting hatred and causing trouble.
I thought your conclusion was accurate from the start. This whole thing was just another excuse to justify hatred. :mad:

IzakHalevas
02-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Um. Lashon Hara? Or is that now permitted as well?

9th
"You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your fellow.."
(Leviticus 19:17)

If one does not rebuke, then he is responsible for the other's sin (Sefer HaMitzvoth, Positive 205; cf. Shabbath 54b).

This "Rabbi" was saying something completly different then what Judaism teaches. I therefore, rebuked her. Rather well, eh?

Definition of rebuke: an act or expression of criticism and censure

Skywalker
02-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately, that's not the truth. Israel broke the agreement that they had with the Islamic Waqf, that they would consult with them before engaging in any construction or deconstruction activity at the holy site, which justifies their outrage as well as the people's. If they were really doing something so simple as just replacing a ramp, why couldn't they just tell them they were doing it instead of having them find out through the news? But anyways, this isn't the first time Isreal's broken a deal so it's no surprise.

Plus given that the Israeli interior minister himself is asking for the construction to be halted and them pushing forth anyway, doesn't really make them look all that great to me.

The funny thing is...that this renovation happened at the EXACT same time that the leaders of Hamas and Fatah went to Mecca.

Coincidence?

...I think not ;)

SilentObserver
02-13-2007, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
Unfortunately, that's not the truth. Israel broke the agreement that they had with the Islamic Waqf, that they would consult with them before engaging in any construction or deconstruction activity at the holy site
A link will be needed for evidence of this agreement, and also another link showing that the agreement was broken, please.

which justifies their outrage as well as the people's.
Honestly, it doesn't take much for these people to "justify" their outrage. Alot of people are getting a little impatient with all this 'outrage'. We see people willing to take to the streets and express their outrage, burn flags, destroy property, attack tourists, and work themselves into a frenzy over construction that is 'near' a mosque. Yet when a suicide bomber blows himself up in a Haifa or Bagdad market killing dozens of women and children, we don't see this same kind of outrage. The priorities are a little bit off.

But anyways, this isn't the first time Isreal's broken a deal so it's no surprise.
To be fair, it would not the first time either side broke a deal. Israel has become accustomed to waiting to see how long before palestinians break the lastest deal made.

SilentObserver
02-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Why would palestinians attack canadian tourists? They had nothing to do with any renovations. Honestly, this behaviour is just uncivilized. There is no justification.

Skywalker
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
A link will be needed for evidence of this agreement, and also another link showing that the agreement was broken, please.
Here are a couple of links that clearly state that the "Waqf" was given administration rights to the Temple Mount by the Israeli government.

http://www.jcpa.org/jcprg10.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jerusalem

I'm still trying to find the old article that I read that says how the Waqf found out about to construction through the media, but either way, any article you read about the construction clearly shows that the Waqf is in disagreement.

Honestly, it doesn't take much for these people to "justify" their outrage. Alot of people are getting a little impatient with all this 'outrage'. We see people willing to take to the streets and express their outrage, burn flags, destroy property, attack tourists, and work themselves into a frenzy over construction that is 'near' a mosque. Yet when a suicide bomber blows himself up in a Haifa or Bagdad market killing dozens of women and children, we don't see this same kind of outrage. The priorities are a little bit off.
To be perfectly honest, I do think that the Muslims are over-reacting a bit, however, like I said before, the Temple Mount is a very sensitive issue for both Jews and Muslims and each side should be very careful when planning any work in that area. I know that the Waqf took the Israeli government's permission to build a minaret on the site a few years back, so why couldn't the Isrealis at least mention that they're gonna do something to the Waqf? I think it was pretty irresponsible (or arrogant) of them to go forth the way they did, because everyone KNOWS that it's a very sensitive subject for a lot of people.

Why would palestinians attack canadian tourists? They had nothing to do with any renovations. Honestly, this behaviour is just uncivilized. There is no justification.
Yeah that's pretty stupid. Maybe they thought it was an Israeli troop carrier bus bringing in reinforcements??

Salah-Ad-Din
02-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Remember The Days Before Us....destroyed Thee And Thee Will Be Destroyed....patience Brothers The Truth Will Come To Them Like The Spear Of An Arrow...

Goku
02-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Not the Temple Mount. To rebuild the Holy Temple without the Messiah would be blasphemy.
Thats interesting, but unfortunately this Jewish terrorist group didnt agree with you:

Israeli authorities have foiled the terrorist organisation Makhteret's plans to blow up the al-Aqsa Mosque, Makhteret is a branch of the right-wing Jewish organization Kach.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kach

Izak, i understand that Prophet Jesus PBUH fortold the destruction of the Jewish temple, but you dont believe in Jesus PBUH. Do you have Jewish sources which base your claim that the Massiah will rebuild the temple and was its destruction prophesised in Jewish scriptures?

SilentObserver
02-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Here are a couple of links that clearly state that the "Waqf" was given administration rights to the Temple Mount by the Israeli government.

http://www.jcpa.org/jcprg10.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jerusalem
Thanks.

I'm still trying to find the old article that I read that says how the Waqf found out about to construction through the media, but either way, any article you read about the construction clearly shows that the Waqf is in disagreement.
I look forward to it.

To be perfectly honest, I do think that the Muslims are over-reacting a bit, however, like I said before, the Temple Mount is a very sensitive issue for both Jews and Muslims and each side should be very careful when planning any work in that area. I know that the Waqf took the Israeli government's permission to build a minaret on the site a few years back, so why couldn't the Isrealis at least mention that they're gonna do something to the Waqf? I think it was pretty irresponsible (or arrogant) of them to go forth the way they did, because everyone KNOWS that it's a very sensitive subject for a lot of people.
If it is true, then I would agree that they should have let them know.

Yeah that's pretty stupid. Maybe they thought it was an Israeli troop carrier bus bringing in reinforcements??
Yes very stupid. I don't think that they looked like Israeli soldiers. I have seen a picture of the bus, it is clearly a tourist bus with large windows to view both in and out of the bus.

IzakHalevas
02-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Izak, i understand that Prophet Jesus PBUH fortold the destruction of the Jewish temple, but you dont believe in Jesus PBUH. Do you have Jewish sources which base your claim that the Massiah will rebuild the temple and was its destruction prophesised in Jewish scriptures?
I would suggest reading Ezekial, chapter 40.

http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...showrashi=true

sudais1
02-16-2007, 04:38 PM
There are no way that some people on here would ever understand whats going on, Your not admitting the truth

Abdul Fattah
02-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Selam aleykum
You know what really troubles my mind. If there are truly people who wish to destroy teh mosque and rebuild the temple that once stood there, then I can understand on one hand why muslims should try to defend the mosque. But on the other hand, I once read a hadith that the dajjal will appear in that temple. So any muslim who obviously believes in teh prophesy of Muhammed peace be upon him and believes in teh accuracy of the hadeeth also believes that at some point in the future it will be rebuild in order for that prediction to come true. So should we put our effort in trying to stop something we know is destined to happen either way? On one hand you could say that it is our responsibility to try, even if we know we'll fail; on the other hand we could argue that the prospect of failure should tell us we're better off investing our efforts in other projects that might work.

Ninth_Scribe
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
[I]

If one does not rebuke, then he is responsible for the other's sin (Sefer HaMitzvoth, Positive 205; cf. Shabbath 54b).

This "Rabbi" was saying something completly different then what Judaism teaches. I therefore, rebuked her. Rather well, eh?
I'm not going to split hairs on the argument concerning the female. Though I've yet to see this written as a forbidden...it does not follow tradition. My concern was over this portion of your statement: 'They are disgusting'. The language was a bit strong, unless you happen to know each and every one of them has committed sins that would make them disgusting.

Example: The Jews call Ezra the Son of God. Do you enjoy being lumped in with this accusation?

Off topic though. No one has told me if the Israeli government had discussed this repair work with the Muslims at Al Aqsa in advance. It seems to me, judging from the Muslim complaint, there is a common courtesy that went missing and the workers and security just showed up without notice. The common courtesy could have spared us all this topic discussion.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
02-16-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
There are no way that some people on here would ever understand whats going on, You're not admitting the truth.
Sudais, I'm not denying that there are some who would relish in tempting fate. On this forum alone I came across a thread concerning a person who thought about suicide because they were curious about God (we know what the result of that would be). I know of two Jewish groups that are attempting to produce red heifers (guaranteed the same result). They scare me. But they also scare the Israeli government, and while they've pulled some 'questionables' themselves (I'm trying to be nice), there are some lines that simply cannot be redrawn just for the h-ll of it, with no respect for appointed times and places. The Temple mount is 'non-negotiable' unless Allah himself says otherwise. Good luck with that, by the way.

Al Aqsa is protected by God - and the only problem I can find here is in the form of a lack of faith. If Allah tells you that you'll burn your hand if you stick it in the fire... and you do it and get burned... you suffer because you did not have faith in his words. It's his word that protects Al Aqsa. It's good enough for me. It should be good enough for everyone else.

It was so written.

Ninth Scribe

zaki.aumeerudy
02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
Selam aleykum
You know what really troubles my mind. If there are truly people who wish to destroy teh mosque and rebuild the temple that once stood there, then I can understand on one hand why muslims should try to defend the mosque. But on the other hand, I once read a hadith that the dajjal will appear in that temple. So any muslim who obviously believes in teh prophesy of Muhammed peace be upon him and believes in teh accuracy of the hadeeth also believes that at some point in the future it will be rebuild in order for that prediction to come true. So should we put our effort in trying to stop something we know is destined to happen either way? On one hand you could say that it is our responsibility to try, even if we know we'll fail; on the other hand we could argue that the prospect of failure should tell us we're better off investing our efforts in other projects that might work.
the hadith that dajjal would appear in that temple is not known to me though i read a lot about dajjal better get the reference b4 otherwise we may debate on something which may befalse

Ninth_Scribe
02-16-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaki.aumeerudy
the hadith that dajjal would appear in that temple is not known to me though i read a lot about dajjal better get the reference b4 otherwise we may debate on something which may befalse
Would love to see this: The House of Abraham... all of his strong and noble sons, standing together as one man.

The Crown and the Glory would be yours!

Ninth Scribe

sudais1
02-16-2007, 10:56 PM
We need to resolve this problem civilized. If nothing is found peacefully i doubt it will be found forcefully. The Turkish government understand this so they are sending a delegation of experts to oversee the construction and whats it causing

Turkey to send delegation to study Al Aqsa mosque situation
There has been an outcry from the Muslim world over the construction work being carried out by Israel near the historic site in Jerusalem.

ANKARA - Turkey is to send a delegation to Jerusalem to examine them controversial construction work being carried out by Israel in the vicinity of the Al Aqsa mosque.

The proposal to send a team of Turkish experts came during a meeting between Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Israeli counterpart Ehud Olmert in Ankara Thursday.

Israel is currently rebuilding a ramp leading to the site of the mosque which collapsed three years ago.

The work has angered many in the Muslim world, with claims that the project is damaging the heritage of the area, one of the most important religious sites in Islam.

Speaking at a press conference in Ankara, Erdogan said that he had proposed that a technical delegation from Turkey examine the construction activities around the Al-Aqsa mosque, an offer he said Olmert had accepted.

‘Olmert informed me about the construction activities in the region and showed me some pictures. I have seen that region only once, and I don’t know the region well, however, I am not satisfied with the photographs,’ said Erdogan.

Olmert said that the impact of the construction work around al-Haram al-Sharif have been exaggerated in the international and that the work was being undertaken to give better access to the site to the hundreds of thousands of people who visit the area.

Its better than fighting:D

Cognescenti
02-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Does anyone else despair over the likelihood of peaceful settlement of the Jerusalem question?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.