/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

YoussefinOrange
07-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I just joined the forum, and this is my first post.

My mom was in the US Military, she is not Muslim, and I was raised Catholic (living with her). Less than one year ago I moved in with my father, and after nearly 6 months of struggling with some aspects of Islam I didn't understand (because of the lack of understanding that comes with being raised a non-Muslim), I am happy to say that I am a convert to Islam, who loves this religion (deen) very dearly.

One point about those topics in the Holy Qur'an that I found especially difficult to grasp was understanding the context of the deliverence of the holy verses about unbelievers. There are many, as you might know, that refer to idolators, Christians, Jews, and other non-Muslims, and these verses often at first seem overwhelmingly cruel and unfair. I encourage you to explore very the beginning of Islam, when the Prophet (Peace be upon him and his progeny) first started proclaiming the religion of the One, Allah, God Subhana wa ta'Allah (Praise be to God, the Highest).

Study the way his neighbors, many members of his powerful family, and basically his whole home town abused him. Study the way he reacted. You will then begin to see Islam as I do, true Islam. The religion of endurance, patience, acceptance of duty to one's Creator, community, and own religious needs.

Maybe a bit long for my first post, but hey, what the heck.

As the Prophet (PBUHAHP) encouraged us,
Assalamu alaikum.

Peace be upon you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YoussefinOrange
07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Alhamdulilah, I felt much more lonely as a Non Muslim.

To be honest, I feel like I became a "real" Muslim only less than 6 months ago, although I have been praying the salat for perhaps 10 months. Once I divorced myself from my old life style, that of a teenager starting college, I learned a lot about Islam very rapidly, reading the Holy Quran and the often very helpful footnotes in it helped me see the truth about our religion, and most importantly, the amazing mercy of Allah (SWT - praise be to Allah, the Highest) for sending all of the blessed Biblical prophets, and finally the most blessed Prophet Muhammad, Peace be upon him and his progeny.

Thanks be to God for the salaat, the zakaat, the hijab, our delicious halal food, and the peace of mind that comes with the total submission to Allah (SWT)- None of which could be available to us without Allah's mercy in sending us Islam.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-15-2005, 07:24 PM
:sl:
Thread split.

Welcome Br. Youssef. I hope you have a beneficial stay here with us. You mentioned the verses of the Qur'an that seem harsh - I hope the following article helps:
http://www.load-islam.com/c/rebuttals/Misquoted

:w:

07-15-2005, 08:54 PM
mashaalah :welcome: brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A7med
07-15-2005, 09:08 PM
:sl:
MASHA'ALLAH WELCOME!!! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.