/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Relocate?

Z
07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

With the recent events just taken place in England, as a Muslim, would you relocate? The atmosphere now (for me) has changed. I no longer get the same responses and smiles.

Do you fear what may happen to you now because of a few? If so, would you relocate, fearing you will get hurt in society because of your identity?

I don't have much knowledge, but making hijra is important? We should move to a country where you can practice your faith more freely. Is now a good time to make hijra? Would you move?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
07-15-2005, 07:45 PM
:sl:

i do plan to move one day inshaAllah ...when i havent a clue...
i have always been given a few hostile looks yet this past week i have seemed to have had more, one sister in the burka was denied entry on a bus in dewsbury. a couple of muslims have been killed etc.

i dont think id relocate like asap but i would be much more careful and not go out too much on my own.

minaz
07-15-2005, 07:50 PM
NEVER If i did or even just the thought of it, i'd be lettign the terrorists win. Besides I am born here and like 4th generation British - lol the question should be have I decided which patch of green in the local cemetary would I want to be burried under :p

Muezzin
07-15-2005, 08:14 PM
'Relocation, Relocation, Relocation'

That is the name of the most annoying television program on the face of this planet.

It also has little or nothing to do with my point, which is no, I will not move because of this. I like this country, and I like the tolerant society living here. It's the leaders I have a problem with.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
07-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Tolerant society? Please elaborate.

mary
07-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Relocation, Relocation, Relocation'

That is the name of the most annoying television program on the face of this planet.

:omg: relocation relocation amazing homes is the best! i just cant believe people live in homes like that, its the most ott program i think i ever watch but hey the kewlest 2.

Sorry iv gone off the subject :-[

Muezzin
07-15-2005, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 350z
Asalamu Alaikum

Tolerant society? Please elaborate.
Tolerant in the sense I am able to practice my religion here freely, and though prejudice and discrimination do exist (as they will everywhere), for the most part one is free to follow one's own path without fear of persecution.

I'm not a blind hater of the West, since it does have benefits. I do not like Western leaders very much though. Or some Eastern leaders, for that matter.

Z
07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Part of making hijra is so that you can practice your faith and not be discriminated, right? Seen as though the country you relocate to will be somewhat ruled over according to the Islamic law.

So like wouldn't it be better to make hijra?

minaz
07-16-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm not familiar with the term "hijra" - does it mean migration?

Muhammad
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
:sl:

Yes that is what it means :) and that done for the sake of Allaah is one of the most rewarding things we can do. If we remain here, our duty is to give da'wah (teach others about Islam) by our speech and by our actions.

We should be patient at time like this, and use them as an opportunity to educate those who are ignorant of the truth Insha'Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!