PDA

View Full Version : How muslims are to face today`s world

zaki.aumeerudy
02-11-2007, 03:08 PM
How should we behave and how to face day to day problem of muslim world

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Following Islam is not altered by time. We follow the Qur'an and sunnah as we always have or should had.

What was haram in the past is haram today.

the world may be easier or more difficult, but the sirat mustaqeem is always the same.

zaki.aumeerudy
02-11-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Following Islam is not altered by time. We follow the Qur'an and sunnah as we always have or should had.

What was haram in the past is haram today.

the world may be easier or more difficult, but the sirat mustaqeem is always the same.
u are right how would u instruct muslims to follow that . Example I have around 12 sects in my country everyone is on siratul mustaqiim if u ask them
I mean with what shall we begin

Skillganon
02-11-2007, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaki.aumeerudy
u are right how would u instruct muslims to follow that . Example I have around 12 sects in my country everyone is on siratul mustaqiim if u ask them
Start by calling them to tawheed. The implication and the meaning of tawheed e.g. shirk e.t.c

Look in the Multimedia section for some lectures and notes.

p.s. Akhi Woodrow I think it is "Siratul Mustaqeem."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shible
02-11-2007, 07:39 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by zaki.aumeerudy
There is a huge number of source on Internet as well as books visit the Islamic Libraries and Research centers.

to get the appropriate informations

:w:

Woodrow
02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Innovation (Bidah) has always been wrong. The problem is not the times, it is a problem of people desiring to tell Allah(swt) how to run the world. That is not a very wise decision.

The Qur'an and the Ahadith are the same today as they always have been. They apply today just like they applied yesterday.

I am very far from being a scholar, in fact I am very much a baby in Islam. As It is just going on 2 years since I reverted.

However, I would say stick with the teachings of the Qur'an and the ahadith and point out that just because we live in a modern world we do not get excused from the same beliefs and pillars of Islam that applied 1400 years ago.

Woodrow
02-11-2007, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Start by calling them to tawheed. The implication and the meaning of tawheed e.g. shirk e.t.c

Look in the Multimedia section for some lectures and notes.

p.s. Akhi Woodrow I think it is "Siratul Mustaqeem."
Correct.

cihad
02-12-2007, 10:54 AM
wow only 2 years muslim Woodrow?
you sound like a pro already, you sure have learnt a lot in 2 years

Woodrow
02-12-2007, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
wow only 2 years muslim Woodrow?
you sound like a pro already, you sure have learnt a lot in 2 years
It will be 2 years next month. I did have a bit of a head start, I have studied comparative religions for over 40 years and my Children have been reverts for at least 20 years, All of my Grand Children and great-grand children were born Muslim.

On an intellectual academic level I had a fair understanding of Islam. But,I was too stubborn to realise I was Muslim. there is a huge difference between text book knowledge of Islam and being a Muslim. Plus I am finding out that not all of the textbooks were correct.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.