/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For Muslims only:solutions to the Problems concerning Muslims in the West

Bittersteel
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
question for the British practicing Muslims:how do you think the issues concerning terrorism and radicalism be tackled in UK?this includes other social and domestic issues concerning the Muslim population.

there are allegations that young Muslims are radicalized,brainwashed this and that.are they all true?or just propaganda?or UK feels threatened by growing numbers of practicing Muslims?

there maybe more later.
reminder:I only want the Muslim viewpoints.This isn't a debate topic,so no arguments.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
02-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Educate fellow Muslims. We have to make sure that everyone understands no matter how wronged we may feel by the actions of certain countries, it does not give Muslims the right to kill civilians. We also need to make clear that by living in a Western state, for example, we agree to abide by its laws. If we do not like them, we should either seek to improve them through legitimate means, or move to a different country.

I think simply 'telling off' radicalised Muslims could worsen the situation - such people may well then think of the person telling them off as an enemy, and proceed with their plans regardless. By contrast, educating and persuading such people not to subscribe to ways of thinking that condone the killing of civilians, is a much more effective method of prevention.

It also goes without saying that should anyone meet someone who is planning to commit such acts, they should try to talk them down and call the police.

Fishman
02-11-2007, 08:03 PM
:sl:
I think a problem with Muslims in the UK, which is sometimes evident in some people on this forum, is politicization. This is when people forget about Iman, Aqeeda and all of the spiritual aspects of Islam, and just go on about Americans and Zionists all the time. I have noticed that whilst most of the older people and people who have recently immigrated to Britain are nice, spiritual people, their children tend to think of Islam not as a religion or way of life, but as an identity, to be argued about and 'defended' as much as possible.
:w:

strider
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
The answer is staring us in the face: get our own houses in order before butting into anybody elses business. Didn't Allah say that He will not change the conditions of Muslims if we ourselves do reform, first?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cihad
02-12-2007, 11:03 AM
it is a lot about politics. if you watched cnn so much like i used to you would go mad with frustration at the BS they spout. its got a lot to do with frustration, and seeing old ladies staring at you like you come from outer space. i think we need to change our character before anything else will change ie:patience and perserverence

Bittersteel
02-12-2007, 01:36 PM
when they say Muslims are being radicalized what exactly do they mean?
what is their definition of radicalization?
and how many people are like Gina Khan?

strider
02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but who exactly is Gina Khan?

Bittersteel
02-13-2007, 02:49 PM
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle1354063.ece

cihad
02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
she is such a sucker!!

Bittersteel
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
well not totally,though.so has there been any recent arrests or releases,or anything?have some been convicted of charges?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.