/* */

PDA

View Full Version : backbiting

AnonymousPoster
02-11-2007, 11:23 PM
:sl: i have a problem which is i backbite sometimes i am used to doing it i dont even think about it twice on top of that my friends do it so is hard to just sit there what can i do?:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:26 PM
:salamext:

occupy your mind with islamic stuff and try reading a lot of articles on backbiting. If you realise the severity of the sin then it will help you stop and last but not least:

MAKE DUA <-- It does miracles!!

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:31 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

May Allah (swt) save us from making this sin. Ameen

A beautiful saying of the Prophet (saw) that will ensure the protection of our tongue. The Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

"Whoever believes in Allah and the Last day, LET HIM EITHER SPEAK GOOD OR KEEP SILENT!" [Agreed upon]

Having said that,

Allah (swt) tells us in the Qur'an: "O my servants who have wronged themselves, never despair of the mercy of Allah - for truly He forgives all sins. He is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [al-Qur'an 39:53]

Instead of sitting there, there are other ways:

Allah says: "Who is better in speech than one who calls (people) to Allah and works righteousness and says I am one of those who bow down in Islam" [al-Qur'an 41:33]

All the best :)

AnonymousPoster
02-11-2007, 11:31 PM
:sl: ok thank you bruv:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
:sl: thank you sis i backbited a lot doez that mean i lost all my gd deeds?
also what do i do if my friends start backbiting?:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
:sl:

your welcome :)

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester

when one repents sincerely his bad deeds are converted into good deeds (ALLAHU AKBAR Allah is sooo merciful!!!) and bro just tell your friends not to backchat. Enjoining good and forbidding evil is part of our deen.

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:36 PM

BarakAllah fik

If they continue you can ignore them, or move away if you get tempted to follow :)

Just repent sister, we all make mistakes,

May Allah (Swt) forgive our sins. Ameen!

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:38 PM

"Beware of backbiting, for backbiting is more serious than adultery. A man may commit adultery, and drink [wine], and then repent, and Allah will forgive him. But, the backbiter will not be forgiven by Allah until his [backbited] companion forgives him." [Suyuti, Al-Jami` as-Saghir, 1/174, #2919, from Ibn Abid-Dunya, and Abush-Shaykh, Al-Tawbikh.]

Ask for forgiveness from the person inshaAllah!

Or make dua for them!

All the best :)

AnonymousPoster
02-11-2007, 11:39 PM
:sl: brother woooooooooow i did not know that! jazakallah kheir,tas ok i will ishallah thanx:w:

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

when one repents sincerely his bad deeds are converted into good deeds (ALLAHU AKBAR Allah is sooo merciful!!!) and bro just tell your friends not to backchat. Enjoining good and forbidding evil is part of our deen.
:eek: Really?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:45 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
:eek: Really?
i looked for the hadith, i read it in miskaat ul-masabih its sahih inshaAllah and ive heard it in quite a few lectures. sorry i searched but... meh..

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:45 PM
btw you have to be really sincere and fulfil all the conditions of repentance! its not an easy thing to do... it requires a true change of heart and perseverance.

May Allah help us all reach that state. Ameen

:wasalamex

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Ameen! to the dua bro,

I'm looking for it!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:49 PM
im still looking for it too, im sure fi-sab and them have heard it.

AnonymousPoster
02-11-2007, 11:50 PM
:sl: i am now lost ask for their forgiveness? i cant do that i am not even in contact with some does this mean that i will not be forgiven? i dont even know some i just backbited because they either done sometin to me or cuz of their looks i know is bad and childish but i am truly sorry:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
hadith?

Except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [al-Furqaan 25:68-70]
QURAN :D :D :D

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:52 PM
:sl: i am now lost ask for their forgiveness? i cant do that i am not even in contact with some does this mean that i will not be forgiven? i dont even know some i just backbited because they either done sometin to me or cuz of their looks i know is bad and childish but i am truly sorry:w:
is it something they cant forget? if it isnt perhaps its best that you back track and find them... the last thing you want is to go to the day of judgement and find a really angry person hungry for your good deeds :omg:

Pk_#2
02-11-2007, 11:53 PM
No you can make dua' for them wait lemme find a hadith or something

Read dis when you have time: http://www.islamfortoday.com/gossip.htm

It is reported from al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah have mercy on him) that a man said to him: "You have gossiped about me. He (al-Hasan) said: "You have not reached such a position that you can control my Hasanat!" [Translator's Note: The Islamic teaching is that the Hasanat (rewards) of the one who gossips will be awarded to the victim.]

"The expiation with regard to one who has been backbited is that forgiveness be asked for him." [Suyuti, Al-Jami` As-Saghir, 2/390, #6259]

Mujahid said : the expiation for eating the flesh of your brother is that you praise him and pray for good for him, and similar is the case if he has died.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-11-2007, 11:55 PM

i just realised theres three conditions to having your past deeds turned into good:

1. Repent
2. Do Good deeds
3. Have Firm Belief in Allah subhana wa ta'ala

may Allah make it easy for us
Ameen

AnonymousPoster
02-11-2007, 11:57 PM
:sl: Bruv they didnt know i was backbitin them tas thanx:w:

taqi
02-11-2007, 11:57 PM
the one ur back bitting about,his bad deeds go in ur account while your good deed is put into his account.
...is tht it?

AnonymousPoster
02-12-2007, 12:01 AM
:sl: god i was all happy now i feel hopeless i backbited so many people starting from the age of 13 das 9 years of backbitin dis means i got no good deeds and billlions of bad 1:cry: :cry: well i guess i deserve it thanx:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
:sl: god i was all happy now i feel hopeless i backbited so many people starting from the age of 13 das 9 years of backbitin dis means i got no good deeds and billlions of bad 1:cry: :cry: well i guess i deserve it thanx:w:

sis theres an abundance of hadith which state that NO SIN APART FROM SHIRK (associating partners with Allah swt) cant be forgiven, therefore it doesnt matter if you backchatted the whole of mankind as long as you "sincerely" turn in repentance to Allaah swt. Show him those tears and show him you've changed, if a man can murder a 100 times and enter heaven (from sahih hadith) then you can certainly be forgiven inshaAllah!

Skillganon
02-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Sis, I don't think you lose your other good deeds you did for the last 9 years.

Just repent to Allah(s.w.t) and all the "sin of backbiting" will be forgiven. Wiped of Inshallah. If you do it sincerely.

- Qatada -
02-12-2007, 12:07 AM

Thing is, if they don't know about the bad that you done and you think that if they find out things will get worse - then if you backbit about them for example infront of 20 people, then say good about them equally infront of 20 people etc.

Know what i'm saying? Insha'Allaah take the lesser of the two evils and repent, because masha'Allaah one part of the repentance process is to be regretful of what you done, then do good deeds to please Allaah because they remove evil deeds insha'Allaah, and have the intention not to do that sin again.

If you ever slip into it, then do the same - repent, regret, and have the intention not to do it again, and do good deeds sincerely for Allaah's sake. Even if you do this a million times, because if you are sincere, Allaah knows that you did it unintentionally and you will get alot of reward, and gradually hate doing it insha'Allaah.

Make lots of dua' to Allaah to make things easier for you, and so your heart is more towards Allaah. One prayer the Messenger of Allaah would recite is, Oh Allaah the turner of hearts, turn my heart toward your chosen way of life.

Listen to this insha'Allaah:
Oh Allaah Forgive Me!

Yasir Qadhi

Download Here

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

Allaah knows best.

Pk_#2
02-12-2007, 12:07 AM
It's a sis?

well all the best!

Ameen to all previous dua's

AnonymousPoster
02-12-2007, 12:12 AM
:sl: ok thanx i am going to repent ishallah thanks again!:w:

Skillganon
02-12-2007, 12:17 AM
:sl: ok thanx i am going to repent ishallah thanks again!:w:
Read the book.

aamirsaab
02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
:sl:
My advice: Don't join in with backbiting.

Kittygyal
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
salamualikum.
backbitting leads to alot, you know what just stay way from yh mates of if they do bacbite then you be quiet in other words if you have nothing good a say walk away or be quiet. Make dua'ah inshallah.
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.