/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Democrats wary over Iran claims

Idris
02-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Democrats wary over Iran claims

In pictures: US Iran evidence
Senior Democrats in the United States have urged the Bush administration to be cautious about accusing Iran of fomenting violence in Iraq.
They were speaking after US officials in Iraq said they had evidence that Iran was providing weapons to Shia militias who attacked the US military.

US claims the bombs were smuggled from Iran cannot be independently verified.

Democratic Senator Chris Dodd said the Bush administration had tried to falsify evidence before.

"I'm looking at this report with a degree of scepticism," he said.

"I don't doubt that Iran has been involved to some degree and clearly that's a problem that needs to be addressed, but I'm getting uneasy that they're trying to create a premise, set a premise, for some future, broader military action in Iran.

We assess that these activities are coming from the senior levels of the Iranian government

US official

"I think that would be a huge mistake at this point," said Mr Dodd.

Another senior Democrat, Senator John Kerry, said that people should "listen to those of us in Congress who have said we've got to engage in the region".

The Bush administration denies it is planning to invade Iran but has indicated it is willing to use military force to deal with any Iranian interference inside Iraq, says the BBC's James Westhead in Washington.

Tehran has denied any involvement.

'Senior levels'

US defence officials told reporters in Baghdad that the bombs were being used to deadly effect, killing more than 170 US troops since June 2004.

The US recently increased troop numbers to counteract the violence

The weapons known as "explosively formed penetrators" (EFPs) are capable of destroying an Abrams tank.

The US officials, speaking off camera on condition of anonymity, said EFPs had also injured more than 620 US personnel since June 2004.

They said US intelligence analysts believed the bombs were manufactured in Iran and secretly sent to Iraqi Shia militants on the orders of senior officials in Tehran.

"We assess that these activities are coming from the senior levels of the Iranian government," one official said.

He pointed the finger at Iran's elite al-Quds brigade, a unit of the Revolutionary Guards, saying that a senior commander from the brigade had been one of five Iranians seized by US forces in a raid in the Iraqi town of Irbil in January.

'Flushing the evidence'

The defence official said that when the men were captured they had been tying to flush documents down a toilet and that one of them had been contaminated with explosives residue.

They had also reportedly shaved their heads to alter their appearance - bags of their hair were found during the raid.

Tehran has denied that the captured Iranians are members of the brigade, which Iran does not officially recognise, but which observers say reports directly to Ayatollah Ali Khamanei.

The US officials also referred to a raid in Iraq in December in which the security forces said they found inventory sheets of weaponry and equipment that had been brought into Iraq.

Police have frequently been the targets of attacks in Iraq

The US officials said that as well as bomb-making technology Iran was supplying Shia groups in Iraq with money and military training.

The BBC's Jane Peel attended the briefing in Baghdad, at which all cameras and recording devices were banned.

Examples of the allegedly smuggled weapons were put on display, including EFPs, mortar shells and rocket propelled grenades which the US claims can be traced to Iran.

"The weapons had characteristics unique to being manufactured in Iran... Iran is the only country in the region that produces these weapons," an official said.

The Propaganda is in full swing. :D
I am surprised that they did not dig this up sooner. :p

Funny how they had to wait for

US Deaths: 3123 US Wounded:23417

Australia 2
Bulgaria 13
Denmark 6
El Salvador 5
Estonia 2
Hungary 1
Italy 33
Kazakhstan 1
Latvia 3
Netherlands 2
Poland 19
Romania 2
Slovakia 4
Spain 11
Thailand 2
Ukraine 18
United Kingdom 132

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6352899.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6353735.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris
The Propaganda is in full swing. :D
I am surprised that they did not dig this up sooner. :p

Funny how they had to wait for

US Deaths: 3123 US Wounded:23417

Australia 2
Bulgaria 13
Denmark 6
El Salvador 5
Estonia 2
Hungary 1
Italy 33
Kazakhstan 1
Latvia 3
Netherlands 2
Poland 19
Romania 2
Slovakia 4
Spain 11
Thailand 2
Ukraine 18
United Kingdom 132

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6352899.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6353735.stm
Afraid I don't get your point.

Cognescenti
02-12-2007, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
What's to get?

Bush is a liar.
Blair is a lap puppy.
Its all about oil
The moon landing was faked

yada, yada , yada

Idris
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Well they wait for that many to get killed and find stuff from Iran now?
Why it take so long to find?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
02-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Perhaps because the IED devices have been getting increasingly effective, meaning armor piercing munitions, which weren't in Iraq in the first two years.

MTAFFI
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM

are you suggesting Iran is not involved and this is somehow fabricated?

Alexius
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Same old arguments...People criticizing Bush. Bush proposed the war, Senate approved the war. People of US rejoice, but after some American deaths, people are against the war. What did you think was going to happen? We have a chit-chat with the terrorists, sign a truce, and come home? This is war! People are going to die! These are terrorists, not diplomats, and they are mad! Goodness... :rant:

Eric H
02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Idris;

They were speaking after US officials in Iraq said they had evidence that Iran was providing weapons to Shia militias who attacked the US military.
America has sold arms to just about every country in the world including Iran and Iraq at some point.

I am sure there must be many countries in the world that are against America because America has sold arms to their enemies.

Why should America act so hurt when Iran does as it has done by selling arms to Iraq? America does not have a just cause to be in Iraq.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Iran has just as much right to help freedom fighters in Iraq to expel US invaders, as the US had to help Al Qaiea expel Russian invaders from Afghanistan. What did the US have to say about Russian complaints about finding US weapons in Afghanistan? What goes around comes around.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
are you suggesting Iran is not involved and this is somehow fabricated?
They are involved, why shouldn't they be? Let dubya get his forces out of a country that has nothing to do with him, they'll be no problems then will there!

GO IRAN I SAY WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
:D

Cognescenti
02-13-2007, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Iran has just as much right to help freedom fighters in Iraq to expel US invaders, as the US had to help Al Qaiea expel Russian invaders from Afghanistan. What did the US have to say about Russian complaints about finding US weapons in Afghanistan? What goes around comes around.
The Russians were no doubt angered when US stinger missiles began bringing down Russian jets...the big difference is the Russians couldn't do anything about it because the big US and Russian nuclear arsenals prevented a direct confrontation.

That is not true with Iran (at least not yet :D ) Iran no doubt hopes for a proxy war because they get their hind quarters kicked when they attack US forces directly. We are not required to accept their plan. Also, you might be a little more circumspect about your cheerleading. If the US leaves, a bloody civil war or a regional war with the regional Arab states vs Iran may follow. Will that make you happy?

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Arab states? They'll not be concerend once the Iranians are defending themselves. I'm not a muslim, but I'm sure the Ummah will unite, once they see U.S is not a Godly invincible power. - You forget, U.S began this, and they shouldn't have. So stop your support of such invasions.

Why is America focusing on Iran when most of the fighting is being done by the Sunnis? Aren't the Sunnis being sent money and arms by citizens of Saudi Arabia? Officially, the Saudi government isn't sending anything but they seem to turning a 'blind eye' to the whole thing (kinda' like when the American citizens were sending money to the IRA??)

north_malaysian
02-13-2007, 04:07 AM
I thought most of the fatalities are caused by Sunni insurgents.... Iran supports the Sunnis too?

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
[B]They are involved, why shouldn't they be?
You say that now but you will eat your words when Iran is under attack, that is why they shouldnt be. Then you will say it is an illegal invasion and Iran did nothing wrong

Arab states? They'll not be concerend once the Iranians are defending themselves. I'm not a muslim, but I'm sure the Ummah will unite, once they see U.S is not a Godly invincible power. - You forget, U.S began this, and they shouldn't have. So stop your support of such invasions.
Do you think the US is weak? It would be easier if all of the Arab state declared war on the US, which wouldnt happen, but if they did it would be a much easier fight. Who would we go to war with, Syria? Iran? WOW what a threat, it would take a matter of weeks before their countries were reduced to pebbles. I am not saying this is what I want but I would much rather be fighting them than in Iraq where there is no clear enemy, and a brand it put on the US as the loser of the war. The only loser in that war are the Iraqis.

Bittersteel
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
I thought most of the fatalities are caused by Sunni insurgents.... Iran supports the Sunnis too?
there is competition.Sunnis are being backed by the Arabs and the Shiites receive help from next door Iran.so now KSA,and the Arabs are supporting US initiatives to contain Iran's power.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 04:03 PM
You say that now but you will eat your words when Iran is under attack, that is why they shouldnt be. Then you will say it is an illegal invasion and Iran did nothing wrong

Do you think the US is weak? It would be easier if all of the Arab state declared war on the US, which wouldnt happen, but if they did it would be a much easier fight. Who would we go to war with, Syria? Iran? WOW what a threat, it would take a matter of weeks before their countries were reduced to pebbles. I am not saying this is what I want but I would much rather be fighting them than in Iraq where there is no clear enemy, and a brand it put on the US as the loser of the war. The only loser in that war are the Iraqis.
LOL - Spoken (or written in this case) like a true yank. - U.S seem to think they are invincible. They are not! - You continue to live in this fake bubble of invinciblity. :D

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
LOL - Spoken (or written in this case) like a true yank. - U.S seem to think they are invincible. They are not! - You continue to live in this fake bubble of invinciblity. :D
LOL ok I sure will, and you do the same! I cant wait to see one of those armies man up actually fight with dignity rather than hiding amongst civilians like cowards, and blaming all of the deaths on the US.

(By the way I dont think the US is invincible, it is just a known fact that our military is far superior to any other in the world)

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 04:16 PM
by the way did you know the US has about 1.5 million active troops at any time and 2.5 million all together, whereas Syria and Iran put together only have about 800,000 active and 1 million all together.. I wont bother going into the superior air, water, missle, etc. I think that is pretty much a given. Tell me my friend what do you imagine a war between these countries would be like? or between the US and any country in that region for that matter

Eric H
02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Greetings and peace be with you MTAFFI;

I cant wait to see one of those armies man up actually fight with dignity rather than hiding amongst civilians like cowards, and blaming all of the deaths on the US.
How can the Iraqi militia fight man to man with the US army, they will get wiped out instantly and you know that. If the US army wanted to fight with dignity it would have to discard all its high tech stuff and so they would be fighting on fair terms.

But fighting bullies is never fair, they always want the edge so they come out on top.

If America was to be truly fair and just it would have to take into account the freedom that less powerful countries need. They did not have a just cause to invade Iraq in the first place.

It is unjust to blame the Iraqi people for entering into a civil war, This is more America's fault, and they should accept more responsibility.

Eric

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:18 PM
by the way did you know the US has about 1.5 million active troops at any time and 2.5 million all together, whereas Syria and Iran put together only have about 800,000 active and 1 million all together.. I wont bother going into the superior air, water, missle, etc. I think that is pretty much a given. Tell me my friend what do you imagine a war between these countries would be like? or between the US and any country in that region for that matter
True! - But when a person becomes a suicide bomber, (not that I condone it) but during a war any means necessary are used. - God forbid such a thing should take place, citzens of the U.S will not know if it's their last day or not on this eart. Wehn sucide bombers are deployed left right and centere. waht then? Think IRA in UK - Think Israel. - How would that be combatted?

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
True! - But when a person becomes a suicide bomber, (not that I condone it) but during a war any means necessary are used. - God forbid such a thing should take place, citzens of the U.S will not know if it's their last day or not on this eart. Wehn sucide bombers are deployed left right and centere. waht then? Think IRA in UK - Think Israel. - How would that be combatted?
More than likely a freeze on immigration, also do you remember what happened to the japanese after Pearl Harbor. They were placed in detention, do you really think the US would allow people in our country to create that sort of enviroment, I know I dont. Not only that but I think many of the Muslims in the US are not like that of the Muslims in the Mideast.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:25 PM
More than likely a freeze on immigration, also do you remember what happened to the japanese after Pearl Harbor. They were placed in detention, do you really think the US would allow people in our country to create that sort of enviroment, I know I dont. Not only that but I think many of the Muslims in the US are not like that of the Muslims in the Mideast.
lol yes throw that same japanese one again....

Like i say, dont be so sure of yourself. When a community/relgion is attacked the ones you least expect pick up the sword (or gun) and fight.

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

How can the Iraqi militia fight man to man with the US army, they will get wiped out instantly and you know that. If the US army wanted to fight with dignity it would have to discard all its high tech stuff and so they would be fighting on fair terms.

But fighting bullies is never fair, they always want the edge so they come out on top.

If America was to be truly fair and just it would have to take into account the freedom that less powerful countries need. They did not have a just cause to invade Iraq in the first place.

It is unjust to blame the Iraqi people for entering into a civil war, This is more America's fault, and they should accept more responsibility.

Eric

A better question eric would be why do the Iraqis even want to fight the Americans? Right now they really arent, they are fighting each other. No one is being bullied either, tell me what are the Iraqis being bullied into? Being peaceful with one another? The US had plenty of just cause to go into Iraq, however I am not going to get into that here, there is another thread on this forum for that but I will say Saddam indicated he had WMD's and he deserved what he got for that.

The US needs to show no responsibility for what is going on right now in Iraq, we didnt go there to fight with those people, we went there to topple the dictator, mission accomplished, we would be out by now if it werent for misguided individuals who want anarchy and war with anyone who doesnt share their beliefs.

In the spirit of keeping you quiet

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
lol yes throw that same japanese one again....

Like i say, dont be so sure of yourself. When a community/relgion is attacked the ones you least expect pick up the sword (or gun) and fight.

really? and who would that be the Christians? No we dont operate like that, I think the Muslims better be careful if that situation were to come to be, they may have more enemies in the world right now than the US

By the way, I can almost guarantee you that if that sort of offensive were brought into the US, it would be a sad day for civil rights

Keltoi
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
really? and who would that be the Christians? No we dont operate like that, I think the Muslims better be careful if that situation were to come to be, they may have more enemies in the world right now than the US

By the way, I can almost guarantee you that if that sort of offensive were brought into the US, it would be a sad day for civil rights
It would almost be worth it if the government actually secured the southern border....

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:32 PM

The US needs to show no responsibility for what is going on right now in Iraq, we didnt go there to fight with those people, we went there to topple the dictator, mission accomplished, we would be out by now if it werent for misguided individuals who want anarchy and war with anyone who doesnt share their beliefs.

If you really fall for this codswollop, you're as demented as some of the extremists who are fighting in the name of Allah!

Simple solution is, skedaddle with the troops and watch the region fall into place as it once was. US intervention is the whole cause of the conflict. And maybe benefical too I'd say if it continues, more reason to stay eh

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:33 PM
It would almost be worth it if the government actually secured the southern border....
If that situation were to become a reality, I dont think Muslims would want to come into this country. Americans have a history of witch hunts, I think after 4 or 5 of these sorts of attacks were to occur, people would take the law into their own hands. We do have the divine right to protect our children and families. I know I have a room dedicated to such a situation

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
If you really fall for this codswollop, you're as demented as some of the extremists who are fighting in the name of Allah!

Simple solution is, skedaddle with the troops and watch the region fall into place as it once was. US intervention is the whole cause of the conflict. And maybe benefical too I'd say if it continues, more reason to stay eh
i would love nothing more than to pull out of Iraq. The question then is who do you think would take the government and what would their stance towards our country be?

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Understandable, but under duress anything goes.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:39 PM
i would love nothing more than to pull out of Iraq. The question then is who do you think would take the government and what would their stance towards our country be?
It's all about how the foreign countries percieve the US. - Why do you care? Treat them fairly you'll have nothing to contend with!:D

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:43 PM
It's all about how the foreign countries percieve the US. - Why do you care? Treat them fairly you'll have nothing to contend with!:D
who were we not treating fair when the 9/11 attacks occured? who were we treating badly when our embassies were bombed? There are people who want to provoke a war because of their religious beliefs, and they will drag every other Muslim in that pit with them if they have to. The people that do these things have no concern for the people of the land or the land itself, the world doesnt need another Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong. I dont know about you but I wouldnt want someone to come to power in a country that wants to destroy my country before they are even in office

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Americans have a history of witch hunts,
The KKK you mean....:p

Something like 'The Siege' that was a great film!

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
The KKK you mean....:p

Something like 'The Siege' that was a great film!
yep just like the KKK, you see what happened to them when they went on their spree of violence. They went from 6 million to what maybe a few thousand nationwide... LOL you couldnt have given a better example.

The siege was a good movie, but it was a movie and I think in the real world the consequences of such events would be different than that of what a hollywood film writer can come up with.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 06:59 PM
yep just like the KKK, you see what happened to them when they went on their spree of violence. They went from 6 million to what maybe a few thousand nationwide... LOL you couldnt have given a better example.

Touche! - Such a sad history of what they did!! imsad

Cognescenti
02-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Exactly which part of Al Quaeda's demands should the US accept? Do tell.

Eric H
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
When this thread slows down a little and people take the time to reflect on peace; then I will be back.

In the spirit of speaking in whispers for justice and peace,

Eric

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:03 PM
very sad, and they got what they deserved, just as anyone else would

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:04 PM

When this thread slows down a little and people take the time to reflect on peace; then I will be back.

In the spirit of speaking in whispers for justice and peace,

Eric
LOL

Eric, that was just a joke, I notice that you put "In the spirit of" at the end of all of your posts. I didnt mean it offensively, I just forgot to put LOL at the end. Please speak freely, that comment was just for my own personal amusement

PEACE Eric:D

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Exactly which part of Al Quaeda's demands should the US accept? Do tell.
Don't use and abuse.

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:07 PM
you know they werent always so bad, it just goes to show what peoples intentions can do to a good thing. The same could be said of Islam

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:08 PM
very sad, and they got what they deserved, just as anyone else would
Think a couple of weeks ago a member who killed two teenage black lads was jailed. 64/65 I think he was!

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:10 PM
you know they werent always so bad, it just goes to show what peoples intentions can do to a good thing. The same could be said of Islam
We talking KKK here? What was good about them? Apart from preserving the cutlure etc.

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:21 PM
We talking KKK here? What was good about them? Apart from preserving the cutlure etc.
lol, my bad for some reason I thought they started out as some sort of political/christian organization that didnt advocate violence but later moved into that.... How incredibly ignorant of me was that?

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Think a couple of weeks ago a member who killed two teenage black lads was jailed. 64/65 I think he was!
yup I saw that, just goes to show justice does exist sometimes. Although I must say, I kind of felt bad for the guy since he was so old and now he is going to die in prison, I think I would rather get the death penalty than just have to literally rot in prison

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:34 PM
lol, my bad for some reason I thought they started out as some sort of political/christian organization that didnt advocate violence but later moved into that.... How incredibly ignorant of me was that?
Well you are a yank...so it's understandable LOL

What did you think I was referring to?

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:36 PM
yup I saw that, just goes to show justice does exist sometimes. Although I must say, I kind of felt bad for the guy since he was so old and now he is going to die in prison, I think I would rather get the death penalty than just have to literally rot in prison
That's becasue you're human, and have feelings, but I do not feel anything for him, just as he didn't when killing those poor lads just because they had a bit too much melanin in their skin!

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Well you are a yank...so it's understandable LOL

LOL I prefer to be called an redneck southerner, LOL, j/k but thanks for understanding

What did you think I was referring to?
I knew you were refering to the KKK, but the point I was trying to make was that these people believed that what they were doing was right in the eyes of God, etc. and they used religion to justify their behavior, much like some of the misguided Muslims out there that give their religion a bad name

cali dude
02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
There you have it. First they mess around with US and then they cry invasion...

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
just as he didn't when killing those poor lads just because they had a bit too much melanin in their skin!
yeah when you think of what those young fellas probably went through, it kind of removes the sympathy card and replaces it with a feeling of revenge doesnt it

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:43 PM
LOL I prefer to be called an redneck southerner, LOL, j/k but thanks for understanding

I knew you were refering to the KKK, but the point I was trying to make was that these people believed that what they were doing was right in the eyes of God, etc. and they used religion to justify their behavior, much like some of the misguided Muslims out there that give their religion a bad name
Indeed - Interpret something that only benefits themselves! - Oh well!

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Indeed - Interpret something that only benefits themselves! - Oh well!

You could use that statement to describe man in so many instances it is ridiculous, sad really

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 07:48 PM
You could use that statement to describe man in so many instances it is ridiculous, sad really
Hey we've become amicable....this isn't right.

*draws the sword* :p

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey we've become amicable....this isn't right.

*draws the sword* :p
LOL, isnt that odd

*draws M-16A4 assault rifle like a typical yank* :lol:

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 08:05 PM
LOL, isnt that odd

*draws M-16A4 assault rifle like a typical yank* :lol:
Hehehe!

On a serious note. Once U.S anounce the withdrawal It's inevitable that the sunnis and ****es will see sense. The conflict is fulled because of the occupation os a muslim land.

cihad
02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
off course they will, the US just needs to get their butts out of there!
i mean they've lived with each other like forever...

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Hehehe!

On a serious note. Once U.S anounce the withdrawal It's inevitable that the sunnis and ****es will see sense. The conflict is fulled because of the occupation os a muslim land.
ahh, so you really were drawing your sword!! lol... I am not so sure about this, I think that the Shia and the Sunni who are fighting in Iraq kind of forgot about the occupation a while back, dont get me wrong, either side I am sure is happy to kill an american, but I believe that their battle has become almost entirely political at this point. I dont think it will stop until the Sunni's control the government, almost entirely, again. However, without the US occupation, I think the conflict would end quicker than it would with the US there, simply because I think the country would fall into all out civil war and one side would probably dominate the other. Or it could end up like Somalia, I think the future is grim in any direction they take at this point.

Keltoi
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
ahh, so you really were drawing your sword!! lol... I am not so sure about this, I think that the Shia and the Sunni who are fighting in Iraq kind of forgot about the occupation a while back, dont get me wrong, either side I am sure is happy to kill an american, but I believe that their battle has become almost entirely political at this point. I dont think it will stop until the Sunni's control the government, almost entirely, again. However, without the US occupation, I think the conflict would end quicker than it would with the US there, simply because I think the country would fall into all out civil war and one side would probably dominate the other. Or it could end up like Somalia, I think the future is grim in any direction they take at this point.
I hate to be that pessimistic, but I'm inclined to agree. I don't see much in the way of a political option there.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 08:26 PM
What do you think is the solution then dude?

Keltoi
02-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Solution: Invent a time machine.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Solution: Invent a time machine.
Haha - Just don' go into Iran eh! Learn from the past....

Keltoi
02-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Haha - Just don' go into Iran eh! Learn from the past....
I don't think anyone wants to "go into" Iran. The only reason the U.S. occupied Iraq is because people in the Pentagon thought deposing Saddam and setting up democratic elections would be a cakewalk. There is a difference between defeating an enemy militarily and occupying a country. Any confrontation with Iran would be about massive destruction to its infrastructure and military capability, not occupation.

AvarAllahNoor
02-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone wants to "go into" Iran. The only reason the U.S. occupied Iraq is because people in the Pentagon thought deposing Saddam and setting up democratic elections would be a cakewalk. There is a difference between defeating an enemy militarily and occupying a country. Any confrontation with Iraq would be about massive destruction to its infrastructure and military capability, not occupation.
Saddam was doing fine without out us intervention. Sadly he killed people who apposed him. - But he was seen as a us allie, because suited requirements. Been said before tons of times.

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
A solution for Iraq?!?!? Now that is a toughy... I think I would start by pulling out troops, to show the US genuinely wants Iraq to be self reliant. Then I would offer amnesty to all of those who had commited any war related crimes, and have Maliki publicly call for a cease fire between the two factions and, at the same time, call for a meeting to at least try to sort out differences in an agreed upon place between al-zawahri and al-sadr. I think a meeting of this proportion would get the attention of many of the major players in Iraq. These two should put their reasons for fighting on the table and at least try to work them out, if they cant they should try to compromise for their people. They should know that at this point if they could stop the violence the US could remove 80% of its troops and the remaining troops would be only to train police and military personel and not to interfere with government or sectarian related disputes. US should only be there to help get the country on its feet.

I think this would be the best start, however I think it is far fetched. To get those two in one place would be a feat on its own, not to mention neither of these two would trust that the US would not interfere with the meeting.

On the other end of the spectrum the US could flood the land with a massive increase in troops and literally take the country by ultimate force. Close all borders, institute a curfew and do a nationwide disarming. There would be much bloodshed, however it could work. Right now there is less than 150,000 troops in Iraq, imagine if there were 500,000 or even 600,000... That is not even half the US military. Martial law could be instituted, if you are seen with a gun you can be shot on sight, turn over your weapons or die. It sounds incredibly barbaric but desperate times call for desperate measures. I would also put a stop on all transportation for 1 month, if you are seen in a car or even getting into a car, you should be considered a threat in this scenario, and subsequently shot.

Again I think this is far fetched, however instilling fear in people does work, but then how is that different than Saddams reign?

My real answer to your question is this, I do not know what I would do, the situation has spun so far out of control at this point that no matter the direction, the outcome will probably not be good. Basically nothing short of a true blue miracle or act of God will really help Iraq at this point, that is my opinion at least.

Keltoi
02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Saddam was doing fine without out us intervention. Sadly he killed people who apposed him. - But he was seen as a us allie, because suited requirements. Been said before tons of times.
Saddam was doing fine without U.S. intervention?....uh, yeah I guess so. Not sure what your point is there.

Saddam stopped being percieved as a U.S. ally after the Iran/Iraq War ended.

MTAFFI
02-13-2007, 09:32 PM
is your solution simply pulling out all troops and it will work itself out?

Eric H
02-14-2007, 07:18 AM

yeah when you think of what those young fellas probably went through, it kind of removes the sympathy card and replaces it with a feeling of revenge doesnt it
The need for revenge is a very human emotion and it often overlooks justice. Christ asked us to love and pray for our enemies, he asked God to forgive those who nailed him to the cross.

Amongst all this conflict there is the need to search for God, the same God who created Americans, Iraqi and Iranians. The same God who created all the Earth and all the things on the Earth for all men to use.

The Bible talks much about justice for the poor, the oppressed the widow and orphan. The Iraqi war has created a lot of these marginalised people. How are we going to answer to God if we have been involved in adding to the grinding misery of these people?

Where is God in out thoughts when we are looking for a solution to the Iraq crisis? From my perception we overlook God and only search for a strategic and political solution.

If we are sincerely looking for a solution, then we must put God at the centre of all our thoughts.

In the spirit of searching for God,

Eric

Zulkiflim
02-14-2007, 07:37 AM

The need for revenge is a very human emotion and it often overlooks justice. Christ asked us to love and pray for our enemies, he asked God to forgive those who nailed him to the cross.

Amongst all this conflict there is the need to search for God, the same God who created Americans, Iraqi and Iranians. The same God who created all the Earth and all the things on the Earth for all men to use.

The Bible talks much about justice for the poor, the oppressed the widow and orphan. The Iraqi war has created a lot of these marginalised people. How are we going to answer to God if we have been involved in adding to the grinding misery of these people?

Where is God in out thoughts when we are looking for a solution to the Iraq crisis? From my perception we overlook God and only search for a strategic and political solution.

If we are sincerely looking for a solution, then we must put God at the centre of all our thoughts.

In the spirit of searching for God,

Eric

Salaam,

Well interesting ..but again it is the Chrsitian religon that has brought upon the death and misery..

Look,,Bush say GOD TOLD HIM TO INVADE..

And when he mention God,,to which god did he refer to,the God in the Bible,Jesus..

So are you both listening to the same god?

Here you are preaching lovea nd forgivenenss,and here is bush and neocons and evangelist who spread the propehcies of the messiah return,and for that return war must happen in the middle east.

So tell me,while you debate this between evangelicals and so who control public opinion or rahter the powerful in the US,,,,who is listening to you?

While you debate,Bush will be sending more troops to murder Iraqis/Afghan to herald the RAPTURE>

[PIE]Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

[/PIE]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml

So who is right?

Not you,you are just a lone person,while the nuclear button is pushed by bush and his evangelical neocons..

So i ask you

[PIE]How are we going to answer to God if we have been involved in adding to the grinding misery of these people?[/PIE]

Tell me knowing that you religion is casuing the grief,should not Iraqis/Afghan solve the solution since you cant solve it?

As i have said before.

THE WEST TALK<MUSLIM DIE

Eric H
02-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Zulkiflim;, and thanks for your reply.

And when he mention God,,to which god did he refer to,the God in the Bible,Jesus..

I pray to a God who is kind and compassionate, who is fair and just, who is loving and merciful to all people.

I don't know what God Mr Bush prays to.

Sorry I am stuck for time.

Eric

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Of course President Bush never said "God told me to invade"....but the myth continues to grow.

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Of course President Bush never said "God told me to invade"....but the myth continues to grow.
It was on TV! Next you'll be saying he's the greatest intellectual in the history of mankind...:rolleyes:

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
It was on TV! Next you'll be saying he's the greatest intellectual in the history of mankind...:rolleyes:
October 7, 2005 During the October 6 press briefing, White House spokesman Scott McClellan denied comments attributed to President Bush in a forthcoming BBC television series. The three-part documentary, Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, includes an interview with a former Palestinian foreign minister, Nabil Shaath, where he recounts an incident at the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in June 2003. The series starts on Monday and documents the recent history of attempts to bring peace to the Middle East.

Mr. Shaath says that President Bush told a Palestinian delegation: "God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... and I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And by God I'm gonna do it."

At the briefing, a reporter asked if McClellan was aware of the comments ascribed to President Bush and McClellan replied, "No, that's absurd. He's never made such comments." Pushed further about the statements, McClellan responded, "No, I checked into that [BBC] report and I stand by what I just said."

Mr. Shaath provided further context to the statement saying, "It was really a figure of speech. We felt he was saying that he had a mission, a commitment, his faith in God would inspire him ... rather than a metaphysical whisper in his ear," he said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4320586.stm

So, no, he did not make this statement on "television".

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't believe a word by dubyas admin. They fabricate EVERTYTHING!

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Well interesting ..but again it is the Chrsitian religon that has brought upon the death and misery..
I believe it is the Islamic religion that has brought the death and misery

Please see Keltoi's post, it was no more than hearsay

Is this supposed to be a shot at Christianity for respecting Jesus as Gods only son? We as Christians believe in one God the father, the creator of heaven and earth

Everyone listens to the same God, some people just interpret what he says differently

Here you are preaching lovea nd forgivenenss,and here is bush and neocons and evangelist who spread the propehcies of the messiah return,and for that return war must happen in the middle east.
I have heard a lot of things but I didnt know that Bush was now spreading prophecies..LOL I also didnt know he was involved with evangelist (by the way, what is wrong with preaching the gospel anyways?) Please do tell who these evangelists are and provide proof that they are so

As for neocon, well, do you even know the meaning?

"Neoconservatism is the first variant of American conservatism in the past century that is in the 'American grain.' It is hopeful, not lugubrious; forward-looking, not nostalgic; and its general tone is cheerful, not grim or dyspeptic. Its 20th-century heroes tend to be TR, FDR, and Ronald Reagan. Such Republican and conservative worthies as Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Dwight Eisenhower, and Barry Goldwater are politely overlooked."

So that is a compliment if the President were hanging out with these respectable type people, thank you

So tell me,while you debate this between evangelicals and so who control public opinion or rahter the powerful in the US,,,,who is listening to you?
I dont know perhaps congress, who is listening to you?

While you debate,Bush will be sending more troops to murder Iraqis/Afghan to herald the RAPTURE>
Perhaps it is the people in Iraq and afghan that wish for the rapture, that sort of violence in that proportion doesnt exist in the US

[PIE]Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"
Again, hearsay, please show a video where these exact words spew from the presidents mouth. I can show you videos of Islamic leaders telling their followers that Allah has commanded them to go to war with the west and the Kuffar.. Please justify that

So who is right?
Not you

Not you,you are just a lone person,while the nuclear button is pushed by bush and his evangelical neocons..
The only person with their finger on a nuclear button is Iran, a so called Islamic state, so please again who is looking to see the Rapture? Who is the evil religion, this is a state based on religion and these are their ideas..

So i ask you

[PIE]How are we going to answer to God if we have been involved in adding to the grinding misery of these people?[/PIE]

Tell me knowing that you religion is casuing the grief,should not Iraqis/Afghan solve the solution since you cant solve it?
Why would they solve it? They started it

As i have said before.

THE WEST TALK<MUSLIM DIE
And you say this with just as much ignorance as the rest of your post.

Also please know, I would not typically say that I believe Islam as a whole is a violent religion or that it causes grief to anyone, I think aspects of it do and some people that practice it do. I just thought I would give you a taste of your own offensive medicine :D

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I also didnt know he was involved with evangelist (by the way, what is wrong with preaching the gospel anyways?) Please do tell who these evangelists are and provide proof that they are so
Would you want to live under such a regime, that ruled by the Bible?

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Would you want to live under such a regime, that ruled by the Bible?
No, I dont think the US does either. There is a separation of church and state, however if religion were to be used in the correct way to rule it would be ok, but man could and never will do this, for the simple reason that man is man and power corrupts. In true religion there is no corruption so the pieces just do not fit. Check out my signature

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
No, I dont think the US does either. There is a separation of church and state, however if religion were to be used in the correct way to rule it would be ok, but man could and never will do this, for the simple reason that man is man and power corrupts. In true religion there is no corruption so the pieces just do not fit. Check out my signature
Glad to hear it! :smile:

I thought you would be all for it, which would be unwise.

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Glad to hear it! :smile:

I thought you would be all for it, which would be unwise.
Dont get me wrong, I love my religion, but as far as I am concerned any religion mixed with politics will always be a bad idea, unless it is God himself on Earth.

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 04:55 PM
One can believe one's religion to be "perfect", but of course human beings are imperfect creatures. I in no way would want a government and a set of laws based on the Bible, that leaves too much room for false interpretation and abuse. In theory a wonderful idea, but we all know the difference between theory and reality.

Cognescenti
02-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah..that's it. Saddam was doing fine. He suppressed internal opposition at the point of a gun or with a little VX dropped from the sky. In Stalin's time the trains ran on time...ususally.

I suspect that sometime after thte start of Gulf War I, Saddam may have deduced he was no longer an "ally" of the US.

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah..that's it. Saddam was doing fine. He suppressed internal opposition at the point of a gun or with a little VX dropped from the sky. In Stalin's time the trains ran on time...ususally.

If us were so worried, why did they turn a blind eye at that time?!

Cognescenti
02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
It was on TV! :rolleyes:
The Muppets are on TV too. You do realize they aren't real don't you.

It seems to me the problem here is one of cultural misunderstanding. I don't think we are talking about God really appearing in the Lincoln bedroom and issuing instructions for the 4th Infantry Division

Cognescenti
02-14-2007, 05:49 PM
If us were so worried, why did they turn a blind eye at that time?!
You ask in jest, no?

Look at the kind of international grief we are getting now! It seems we are ****ed if we do and ****ed if we don't. You cant have it both ways, guy.

The US are hypocrites..they complain about Hussein's bad behavior but never do anything.

or

Look at Darfur...the US is not solving the problem

or

How could you let the Rwanda massacre happen? Shame on you.

vs

The US are bullies..enforcing their will on weaker nations.

or

The US created the mujahadeen

or

Iran has a right to have nukes

:rant:

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 05:52 PM
You ask in jest, no?

Look at the kind of international grief we are getting now! It seems we are ****ed if we do and ****ed if we don't. You cant have it both ways, guy.

The US are hypocrites..they complain about Hussein's bad behavior but never do anything.

or

Look at Darfur...the US is not solving the problem

or

How could you let the Rwanda massacre happen? Shame on you.

vs

The US are bullies..enforcing their will on weaker nations.

or

The US created the mujahadeen

or

Iran has a right to have nukes

:rant:
Jest? No i was being deadly serious. They turned a blind eye, because it suited them at that time. So all you say above is nonsense, They want domination in the middle east, They won't get it via these tactics.

Cognescenti
02-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Jest? No i was being deadly serious. They turned a blind eye, because it suited them at that time. So all you say above is nonsense, They want domination in the middle east, They won't get it via these tactics.
Ah...so its the old "its all about oil" routine?

Look, Mexico is an oil exporting nation...we could drive there and barely have to stop for potty breaks. They have a non-existant army. Don't you think it would make more sense for the US to take over Mexican oil fields instead of sailing half way around the world?

As for turning a blind eye toward Hussein, I can only guess you are talking about the Iran-Iraq War. If that is your point, you are mistaken. We didn't turn a blind eye...we actually wanted both sides to lose.

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
we actually wanted both sides to lose.
By funding Iraq......? LOL! - Great spin.

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Actually, the U.S. gave aid to both countries, depending on which side was winning at the time. If Iran was beginning to make gains, the U.S. would send aid to Iraq, and vice versa.

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aman4islam
Again once US and Israel attacks Iran ummah will be United and a big possiblity of guerilla warfare inside the United States. If you didn't know most of the Mujahideens fighting in iraq are from different countries, many are from America who were brought up in the usa but were from Iraqi muslim background. Many from saudi arabia, yemen,kuwait, and other countries.
A "guerilla" war in the U.S. is the worst possible scenario for American Muslims. Plus, it isn't as easy to hide and prepare attacks as it is in Iraq. My main concern with any significant terror threat within the United States is the effect this will have on moderate American Muslims, who will be caught in the crossfire, justly and unjustly. The one thing the U.S. will not tolerate is domestic terrorist threats, and the full power of the U.S. military and the FBI would be centered on the problem, so I'm not concerned with some theoretical "guerilla" war in the U.S. in the context of Iran.

Cognescenti
02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Funding Iraq? That is news to me. By far, the biggest lender to Iraq were the Soviets...because they sold them most of their military equipment.

The US chiefly aided one side or another by giving satellite intel. Are you talking about the Iran/Iraq war? I can't tell in the slightest.

Cognescenti
02-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Muslims used to rule this world, and we will crush anyone who comes in the way of islam like we crushed the crusaders InshaAllah. Make rooms yeah and make shaytani dungeons lol hehe but once the army of muhhamed drops by u better be hiding so we cannot see you. During witch hunt you people killed your own people lol. I am telling you dont support bush for attacking Iran it will be bad for the United States especially for the citizens. Attacks inside US will take place everyday not just 4 to 5 times, so dont wait for 5 attacks, just hide yourself. Only if the United States attacks IRAN.

Lets see how long this bit of hate-filled rant lasts. It won't be long before the mods come along and delete this without a trace....just like the guys with the scoops after an equestrian parade.

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 07:50 PM
When did Muslims rule the world exactly?

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Again once US and Israel attacks Iran ummah will be United and a big possiblity of guerilla warfare inside the United States. If you didn't know most of the Mujahideens fighting in iraq are from different countries, many are from America who were brought up in the usa but were from Iraqi muslim background. Many from saudi arabia, yemen,kuwait, and other countries.
All three of your posts are totally redundant and ridiculous... If you really think that the middle east would defeat the US you are in a dream world. If they could why would they not have already? They hate the US and if the US were defeated then so would Israel. Let me tell you why, because they cant, you speak of this Ummah uniting, what Muslim in their right mind would align themselves with Iran or Syria? They are worse than the US! Syria opens its borders to Iraqi women so that they can come in and be prostitutes, I am sure all of the Iraqis people love them for this. Iran is an oppressive regime that does not even govern with true Shariah law. As far as the other countries in the region, most of them dont have a problem with the US and would probably side with the US before those two maniacs

Also please see my post about the Mujahideen in the US, do you really think the US would let Muslims in our country run free if there truly were a religious war? That would mean every Muslim was an enemy, that would mean detention camps, that would mean martial law, that would mean citizens taking the law in their own hands, that would mean a big loss to Muslims. I promise you that not all Americans are not ready for that sort of fight. You are speaking to one right now that is ready for anything.

Aside from all of that, how do you expect to be taken seriously when the Muslims in Iraq cannot even unite to form a state of peace, much less a government? You talk a big talk my friend but I am afraid it is only big in your little ignorant world:okay:

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Muslims used to rule this world, and we will crush anyone who comes in the way of islam like we crushed the crusaders InshaAllah. Make rooms yeah and make shaytani dungeons lol hehe but once the army of muhhamed drops by u better be hiding so we cannot see you. During witch hunt you people killed your own people lol. I am telling you dont support bush for attacking Iran it will be bad for the United States especially for the citizens. Attacks inside US will take place everyday not just 4 to 5 times, so dont wait for 5 attacks, just hide yourself. Only if the United States attacks IRAN.
I hate to tell you pal but your goofy little comments like made above do not scare me in the least. Please be sure to stop by my place with your army, I would be more than happy to adjust your thought process

AvarAllahNoor
02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I hate to tell you pal but your goofy little comments like made above do not scare me in the least. Please be sure to stop by my place with your army, I would be more than happy to adjust your thought process
oooooh I say. :eek: :okay:

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
:D "Don't tread on me"

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
:Evil: :lol:

wilberhum
02-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow, what a hate monger. I’m not worried though, because my mom can whip his mom.

Keltoi
02-15-2007, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Wow, what a hate monger. I’m not worried though, because my mom can whip his mom.
Well, if your mom can beat up his mom, and my mom can beat up your mom...does that mean my mom is tougher?

Anyway, to return to the topic. I think Democrats are using this issue for political purposes, not on moral principle. There aren't many serious Democratic politicians who seriously believe that the U.S. is planning some sort of invasion of Iran. Perhaps that might be a concern if multiple carriers and major troop redeployment was going on, but that isn't the case. The U.S. is very much focused on Iraq, and any Iranian involvement in the issue is coming from Iran.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.