/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Al-Dajjaal alive right now? And what are his attributes?

- Qatada -
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Who is the Dajjaal

Question:

Who is the Dajjaal and what are his attributes?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Meaning of the word Maseeh (Messiah)

There are over fifty scholarly comments on the meaning of the word Maseeh (Messiah). They said that this word is applied both to the Truthful One [True Messiah, i.e., ‘Eesa (Jesus)] and to the misleading liar [the “antichrist” or Dajjaal]. The Messiah is the Truthful One, ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary), the Messiah of guidance, who healed those who were born blind and lepers, and brought the dead to life by Allaah’s Leave.

The false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal) is the liar who leads people astray, the messiah of misguidance who will tempt people by means of the signs that he is given, such as bringing down rain, reviving the earth to bring forth vegetation, and other “miracles.”

So Allaah has created two messiahs, who are opposites of one another.
The scholars said that the reason why the Dajjaal is called maseeh (a “messiah”) is because one of his eyes is mamsooh (lit. “wiped”; smooth or abraded, i.e., he will be blind or defective in one eye). Or it was said that it is because he will survey or travel throughout the earth (yamsah) in forty days…

The former view is more correct, because of what was said in the hadeeth narrated by Muslim (no. 5221) from Anas ibn Maalik, who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will be blind (mamsooh) in one eye, and between his eyes will be written ‘kaafir’…’”.

Meaning of the word Dajjaal

The word Dajjaal is taken from the expression “Dajjala al-ba’eer (he smeared the camel)”, referring to when they covered it with tar.
The root dajala means to mix. The word dajala is used to mean deliberately confusing matters and being vague and ambiguous, The Dajjaal is the one who speaks in vagaries, who tells many lies and deceives many people.
The word “Dajjaal” became a title given to the lying, one-eyed, false messiah. The Dajjaal is so called because he will conceal his kufr from the people by lying to them, deceiving them and confusing them.

Description of the Dajjaal, and the ahaadeeth narrated concerning him

The Dajjaal will be a man from among the sons of Adam. He will have many attributes which were described in the ahaadeeth to acquaint people with him and to warn them of his evil. So when he comes, the believers will know him and will not be misled by him; they will know his (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us about. These features will distinguish him from other people, so that no one will be deceived by him except those who are ignorant and whose doom has already been decreed. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. features which the Truthful One (the Prophet)

Among these attributes are:

He will be a young man with a ruddy complexion, short, with thick curly hair, a wide forehead, and broad upper chest, blind or defective (mamsooh) in the right eye. This eye will be neither prominent nor sunken, and will look like a floating grape.

His left eye will be covered with a thick piece of flesh growing at the edge of his eye. Written between his eyes will be “Kaaf faa’ raa’ (K-F-R)”, in separate (Arabic) letters, or “kaafir”, with the letters joined. This will be read by every Muslim, literate or illiterate.

Another of his characteristics will be that he will be sterile, with no children born to him.

There follow some of the saheeh ahaadeeth in which the above attributes are mentioned. These ahaadeeth form part of the evidence (daleel) concerning the emergence of the Dajjaal:

From ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whilst I was sleeping, I saw myself performing Tawaaf around the Ka’bah, when I saw a dark man with straight hair, standing between two other men, with water dripping from his head. I asked, “Who is this?” They said, “The son of Maryam.” Then I turned and saw a ruddy-complexioned man, well built, with curly hair, blind in his right eye, with his eye looking like a floating grape. I asked, “Who is this?” They said, “This is the Dajjaal.” The person who looks most like him is Ibnu Qatan.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 6508; Ibn Qatan was a man from Banu Mustalaq from Khuzaa’ah).

It was also narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned the Dajjaal to the people and said: “Allaah is not one-eyed, but the false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal) is one-eyed, blind or defective in his right eye, with his eye looking like a floating grape…” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 3184).

In the lengthy hadeeth narrated by al-Nawwaas ibn Sam’aan (may Allaah be pleased with him) it says: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned the Dajjaal one morning. Sometimes he described him as insignificant and sometimes he described him as so significant that we thought that he was in the cluster of date-palm trees…” One of the features of the Dajjaal that he described was: “He will be a young man with very curly hair, with his eye floating. It is as if he looks like ‘Abd al-‘Uzza ibn Qatan.” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5228)

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have told you so much about the Dajjaal that I fear you will not understand. The Dajjaal will be a short man, pigeon-toed, with curly hair. He will be one-eyed, with his eye neither prominent nor sunken. If you become confused about him, then remember that your Lord is not one-eyed.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 3763. This hadeeth is saheeh – Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, no. 2455).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘… as for the false messiah, he will be one-eyed, with a wide forehead and broad upper chest, and he will be hunchbacked…’” (Narrated by Ahmad, no. 7564).

Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will be one-eyed, blind or defective in his left eye, with thick hair. He will have with him a paradise and a hell, but his hell will be a paradise and hisise will be a hell.’” parad (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5222).

According to the hadeeth of Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No Prophet was sent but he warned his people about the one-eyed liar. He is one-eyed, but your Lord is not one-eyed, and between his eyes will be written ‘kaafir.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 6598). According to another report: “Written between his eyes will be ‘kaaf faa’ raa’.’”is will be read by every believer, literate or illiterate.” (Muslim, no. 5219) According to a report narrated by Hudhayfah, “Th (Muslim, no. 5223).

From the apparent meaning, this writing will be real, and the fact that some will see it whilst others will not, and that illiterate people will read it, is not problematic. “This is because Allaah causes people to understand something when looking at it, as He wills and when He wills. So the believer will see this with his insight, even if he is illiterate, and the kaafir will not be able to see it, even if he is literate. By the same token, the believer will see with his insight evidence that the kaafir will not see. Allaah will enable the believer to understand without him being literate, because at that time, extraordinary things will be happening.” (Fath al-Baari by Ibn Hajar al-‘Asqallaani, 13/100)

Al-Nawawi said: “The correct view according to those who studied thisissue is that this writing should be taken literally, as being real writing which Allaah will create as a sign, one of the definitive proofs that (the Dajjaal) is a kaafir and a liar, to expose his falsehood. Allaah will show this sign to every Muslim, literate or illiterate, and will conceal it from everyone whom He decrees is doomed or whom He wants to test. There is no reason why this should be impossible.” (Sharh al-Nawawi li Saheeh Muslim, 18/60).

Another of his attributes was mentioned in the hadeeth of Faatimah bint Qays (may Allaah be pleased with her), in the story of al-Jassaasah, in which Tameem al-Daari (may Allaah be pleased with him) said; “So we rushed to the monastery, where we saw the most enormous man we had ever seen, fettered with the most chains we had ever seen.” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5235).

‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘From the time of the creation of Adam until the Hour begins, there will never be a bigger creation than the Dajjaal.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 5239).

The Dajjaal will not have any children, as stated in the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him), who described what happened between him and Ibn Sayyaad, who said to him: “Did you not hear the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say that he will have no children? …” Abu Sa’eed said, ‘I said, ‘Yes…’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5209).

From the reports quoted above, we may note that some of them describe his right eye as being blind or defective, and some describe his left eye as being blind or defective. Both accounts are saheeh. Some of the scholars sought to reconcile these reports. Al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad said: “Both eyes of the Dajjaal will be defective, because all the reports are saheeh. His right eye will be the one that is abraded (mamsooh) and dull, unable to see, as stated in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar. And his left eye will be the one that is covered with a thick fold of skin, and will also be defective.” So he will have a defect in both his right eye and his left eye; each of them will be blind, i.e., defective, because the Arabic word used in the hadeeth, a’war, is used to describe anything that is defective and is especially used to describe the eyes of they are impaired. One eye will be non-functional and the other will be defective.”

Al-Nawawi agreed with this reconciliation suggested by al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad, and al-Qurtubi also approved of it.

Where the Dajjaal will emerge

The Dajjaal will emerge from the direction of the east, from Khurasaan, from among the Jews of Isfahaan. Then he will travel throughout the earth and will leave no city without entering it, apart from Makkah and Madeenah, which he will not be able to enter because the angels are guarding them.
According to the hadeeth of Faatimah bint Qays (may Allaah be pleased with her), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning the Dajjaal:

“He will (emerge) from the direction of the Syrian sea or from the direction of the Yemeni sea… No, rather from the east…” – and he pointed towards the east.
(Narrated by Muslim, no. 5228).

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us: “The Dajjaal will emerge from a land in the east called Khurasaan.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2163. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, hadeeth 3398).

Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will emerge from among the Jews of Isfahaan, and with him will be seventy thousand Jews, wearing crowns.’” (Narrated by Ahmad, no. 12865).

Places which the Dajjaal will never enter

It is forbidden for the Dajjaal to enter Makkah or Madeenah when he emerges at the end of time, because of the saheeh ahaadeeth narrated to that effect. As far as other places are concerned, he will enter them one after another.

In the hadeeth of Faatimah bint Qays (may Allaah be pleased with her), it says: “(He will say:), ‘I almost have permission to emerge. Then I will emerge and will travel throughout the earth for forty days, and I shall not leave any town without entering it, apart from Makkah and Madeenah, which I will be prevented from entering because every time I try to enter, there will be an angel with an unsheathed sword in his hand, preventing me from entering. On every gate there will be angels defending them.’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5228)

It was also reported that the Dajjaal will not enter the mosque of Sinai, or Masjid al-Aqsaa (at Jerusalem). Imaam Ahmad (no. 22572) narrated that Junaadah ibn Umayyah al-Azdi said: “I came to a man from among the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘Tell me a hadeeth that you heard from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the Dajjaal.’ He mentioned the hadeeth, and said, ‘He will stay among you for forty days, during which he will go to every place (on the earth) apart from four mosques: Masjid al-Haraam (in Makkah), the mosque of Madeenah, the (mosque of) Sinai and Masjid al-Aqsaa.’”

The followers of the Dajjaal

Most of the followers of the Dajjaal will be from among the Jews, Persians and Turks, and a mixture of other people, mostly Bedouins and women.
Imaam Muslim narrated in his Saheeh (5237) from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The followers of the Dajjaal from among the Jews of Isfahaan will number seventy thousand, wearing heavy, striped garments.” According to a report narrated by Imaam Ahmad, “Seventy thousand Jews, wearing crowns.” (hadeeth no. 12865).

According to the hadeeth of Abu Bakr referred to above: “He will be followed by people with faces like burnished shields.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2136).

With regard to the Bedouin being followers of the Dajjaal, this is because many of them are ignorant. With regard to women, this is because they are readily swayed, and because many of them are ignorant. It was reported that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Dajjaal will come to this pond in Marriqanaat – a valley in Madeenah – and most of those whois mother in law, hisis daughter, his sister and his aunt, and will tie them up strongly for fear that they will go out to him.” go out to him will be women, until a man will come to h mother, h (Narrated by Ahmad, no. 5099)

The fitnah of the Dajjaal

The fitnah of the Dajjaal will be the greatest fitnah from the time Allaah created Adam until the Hour begins. This will be because of the mighty miracles that Allaah will create with him, which will dazzle people’s minds and amaze them.

It was reported that he will have a paradise and a hell with him, but his paradise will be his hell and his hell will be his paradise. He will have rivers of water and mountains of bread. He will command the sky to send down rain, and it will rain, and he will command the earth to bring forth vegetation and it will do so. The treasures of the earth will follow him, and he will travel rapidly, like clouds driven by the wind. And he will do other extraordinary feats. All of that was mentioned in the saheeh ahaadeeth.

Imaam Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will be one-eyed, blind in his left eye, and will have thick hair. He will have a paradise and a hell with him, but hisise will be a hell and his hell will be a paradise.’” parad (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5222)

Muslim also narrated that Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘I know what the Dajjaal will bring with him: he will have two rivers flowing. One will clearly look like water and the other will clearly look like blazing fire. If any one of you sees that, let him choose the river which looks like fire, then let him close his eyes and lower his head and drink from it, for it will be cool water.’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5223)

In the hadeeth of al-Nawwaas ibn Sam’aan about the Dajjaal, it is reported that the Sahaabah said: “O Messenger of Allaah, how long will he stay on the earth?” He said, “Forty days: one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week, and the rest of the days like your days.” … They said, “How fast will he travel through the earth?” He said, “Like the clouds when they are driven by the wind. He will come to some people and call them, and they will believe in him and respond to him. Then he will command the sky to rain, and the earth to bring forth vegetation, and their cattle will come back to them in the evening, with their humps very high, and their udders full of milk, and their flanks stretched. Then he will come to another people and will call them, but they will reject him. So he will leave them and they will be stricken with famine, with none of their wealth in their hands. He will pass by ruins and will say, ‘Bring forth your treasure!’ – and the treasure will follow him like a swarm of bees. Then he will call a man who is brimming with youth, and will strike him with a sword and cut him in two, then (he will put the pieces apart from one another) the distance of an archer from his target. Then he will call him, and the young man will come forward smiling, with his face shining.” (narrated by Muslim, 5228)

Al-Bukhaari narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that this man whom the Dajjaal will kill will be one of the best people, who will go out to the Dajjaal from the city of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and will say to the Dajjaal, “I bear witness that you are the Dajjaal of whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us.” The Dajjaal will say (to the people): “What do you think – if I kill this man then bring him back to life, will you have any doubts?” They will say, “No.” So he will kill him, then bring him back to life. Then he (the believing man) will say, “By Allaah, I have never been more sure about you than I am today.” The Dajjaal will want to kill him but will not be permitted to. (al-Bukhaari, no. 6599)

According to the hadeeth of Umaamah al-Baahili (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said of the Dajjaal: “Part of his fitnah will be that he will say to a Bedouin, Do you think that if I resurrect your father and mother for you that you will testify that I am your lord?’ He will say, ‘Yes.’ So two devils will appear to him in the image of his father and mother, saying, ‘O my son, follow him for he is your lord.’” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, no. 4067. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, hadeeth 7752).

Protection against the fitnah of the Dajjaal

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has taught his ummah about that which will protect them against the fitnah of the false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal). He left his ummah on a path that is clear, and no one deviates from it except the one who is doomed. He did not leave any good thing without pointing it out to his ummah, or any evil thing without warning them against it. Among the things which he warned us against was the fitnah of the Dajjaal, because it is the greatest fitnah which the ummah will face until the Hour comes. Every Prophet warned his ummah against the one-eyed Dajjaal, but Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the only Prophet who warned his ummah more about him. Allaah told him many of the attributes of the Dajjaal so that he could warn his ummah. The Dajjaal will undoubtedly emerge among this ummah, because it is the last ummah, and Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the Seal of the Prophets.

There follow some of the Prophetic guidelines which the Chosen Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set out for his ummah so that it may be protected against this mighty fitnah, from which we ask Allaah to save us and grant us refuge:

Adhering to Islam, having the right faith and learning the Names and Most Beautiful Attributes of Allaah which are not shared by anyone else. One should know that the Dajjaal will be a human being who will eat and drink, and that Allaah is far above that; the Dajjaal will be one-eyed but Allaah is not one-eyed; no one can see his Lord until he dies, but the Dajjaal will be seen by all people, believers and kaafirs alike, when he emerges.
Seeking refuge with Allaah from the fitnah of the Dajjaal, especially in salaah (prayer). This has been narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth, such as that narrated from Umm al-Mu’mineen ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray in his salaah:

Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaab al-qabri, wa a’oodhu bika min fitnat il-maseeh il-dajjaal, wa a’oodhu bika min fitnat il-mahyaa wa fitnat il-mamaat. Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-ma’tham wa’l-maghram (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the torment of the grave, I seek refuge with You from the fitnah of the Dajjaal, and I seek refuge with You from the trials of life and death. O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from sin and debt).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 789)

Muslim narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘When any one of you says Tashahhud, let him seek refuge with Allaah from four things, and say: “Allaahumma inni a’oodhi bika min ‘adhaab jahannam wa min ‘adhaab al-qabri wa min fitnat il-mahyaa wa’l-mamaat wa min sharri fitnat al-maseeh al-dajjaal (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the torment of Hell, from the torment of the grave, from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the fitnah of the Dajjaal).”’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 924)

Memorizing aayaat from Soorat al-Kahf. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to recite the opening verses of Soorat al-Kahf against the Dajjaal. According to some reports, the final verses of this soorah was mentioned. This means reciting the first ten verses or the last ten. Among the ahaadeeth narrated concerning this was the lengthy hadeeth narrated by Muslim from al-Nawwaas ibn Sam’aan, in which it says: “Whoever among you sees him (the Dajjaal), let him recite against him the opening verses of Soorat al-Kahf.” (Hadeeth 5228).

Muslim (no. 1342) narrated from Abu’l-Dardaa’ that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever memorizes ten aayaat from the beginning of Soorat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjaal” – i.e., from his fitnah. Muslim said: “Shu’bah said, ‘from the end of al-Kahf.’ Hammaam said, ‘from the beginning of al-Kahf.’”

Al-Nawawi said: “The reason for this is because at the beginning of (this soorah), mention is made of wonders and signs, and whoever ponders them will not be deceived by the fitnah of the Dajjaal. And at the end of this soorah, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Do then those who disbelieve think that they can take My slaves as awliyaa’ (lords etc.) besides Me?’ [al-Kahf 18:102].” (Sharh Saheeh Muslim, 6/93).

This is one of the special features of Soorat al-Kahf. There are ahaadeeth which encourage reading it, especially on Fridays. Al-Haakim narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, it will be a light for him from one Friday to the next.” (al-Mustadrak, 2/368. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, hadeeth 6346)

Undoubtedly Soorat al-Kahf is of great significance, containing great aayaat, such as the story of the People of the Cave, the story of Moosa and al-Khidr, the story of Dhu’l-Qarnayn and his building the dam to hold back Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj, proof of the resurrection and the blowing of the Trumpet, and explanation of those whose deeds are most lost, who are those who think that they are guided when in fact they are misguided and blind.

Every Muslim should strive to read this soorah, and to memorize it and read it repeatedly, especially on the best day on which the sun rises, namely Friday.

Fleeing from the Dajjaal and keeping far away from him. The best way is to live in Makkah or Madeenah, and the places which the Dajjaal will not enter. When the Dajjaal emerges, Muslims should keep far away from him, because of the confusion he will cause and the mighty wonders that he will have with him, which Allaah will cause to happen at his hands in order to test mankind. A man will come to him, thinking that he is a strong believer, then he will follow the Dajjaal. We ask Allaah to grant us and all the Muslims refuge from his fitnah.

Imaam Ahmad (19118), Abu Dawood (3762) and al-Haakim (4/31) narrated from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever hears of the Dajjaal, let him keep far away from him, for a man will come to him and think that he is telling the truth because of the wonders that are sent with him.”

The death of the Dajjaal

The Dajjaal will die at the hands of the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him), as is indicated by the saheeh ahaadeeth. The Dajjaal will appear on earth and will gain many followers, spreading his fitnah far and wide. No one will escape his fitnah except a few of the believers. At that point, ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him) will descend to the eastern minaret in Damascus, and the believing slaves of Allaah will gather around him. He will lead them towards the Dajjaal, who at the time of the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) will be heading for Bayt al-Maqdis (Jerusalem). ‘Eesa will catch up with him at the gate of Ludd (Lod), a place in Palestine near Bayt al-Maqdis. When the Dajjaal sees him, he will start to melt like salt melting in water, but ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) will say to him, “I have some business with you, you will not get away from me.” Then he will catch up with him and will kill him with his spear. His followers will flee, pursued by the Muslims, who will kill them, and trees and rocks will say, ‘O Muslim, O slave of Allaah, there is Jew behind me – come and kill him!” – apart from the gharqad (box thorn), for it is one of the trees of the Jews.
There follow some of the ahaadeeth narrated about the death of the Dajjaal and his followers:

Muslim (no. 5233) narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will emerge among my ummah and will stay for forty… Then Allaah will send ‘Eesa ibn Maryam, who looks like ‘Urwah ibn Mas’ood, and he will pursue him and kill him.”

Imaam Ahmad (no. 14920) and al-Tirmidhi (no. 2170) narrated that Majma’ ibn Jaariyah al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘The son of Maryam will kill the Dajjaal at the gate of Ludd.”

Muslim (no. 5228) narrated a lengthy hadeeth from al-Nawwaas ibn Sam’aan (may Allaah be pleased with him) about the Dajjaal, in which the story of the descent of ‘Eesa and his killing the Dajjaal are mentioned. In this hadeeth the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “… Every kaafir who will smell the fragrance of (‘Eesa) will die, and his fragrance will reach as far as he will be able to see. He will then search for him (the Dajjaal) until he catches up with him at the gate of Ludd, where he will kill him.”

Imaam Ahmad narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will emerge at a time when religious commitment is low and knowledge has decreased… Then ‘Eesa ibn Maryam will descend just before dawn and will call people, saying, ‘O people, what is is evil liar?’ They will say, ‘This is a jinn’, then they will set out. When they reach ‘Eesa ibn Maryam, the time for prayer will come the iqqamah will be given, and it will be said to him, ‘Go forward (to lead the prayer), O Spirit of Allaah.’ He will say, ‘Let your imaam go forward and lead you in prayer.’ When they have prayed fajr, they will go out to meet him (the Dajjaal) and when they see the liar, he will start to dissolve like salt in water. ‘Eesa will go to him and kill him. Even the trees and rocks will call out, ‘O Spirit of Allaah, here is a Jew!’ And none of those who followed him will be left, they will all be killed.” stopping you from coming out against th man (Hadeeth no. 14426).

When he (may Allaah curse him) is killed, his great fitnah will come to an end. Allaah will save those who believed from his evil and from the evil of his followers, at the hands of the Spirit and Word of Allaah, ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him) and his believing followers. Praise be to Allaah and blessings be to Allaah's Messenger.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...20is%20dajjaal

Also read:

How was Eesa peace be upon him created:
http://www.islam-qa.com/special/inde...site=12&ln=eng

Will the Qur’aan disappear at the end of time?
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=3096&ln=eng&txt=

The Dajjaal (Anti-Christ), Al-Daabbah (the Beast) and Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj (Gog and Magog)
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=171&ln=eng&txt=

Is the Mahdi real or not?
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=1252&ln=eng&txt=

Signs of the Hour
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2281&ln=eng&txt=

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
subhanaAllah, may Allah protect us from his fitnah

jazakaAllah khayr brother

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Another of his characteristics will be that he will be sterile, with no children born to him.
this made me wonder... will he have wives? :uuh:

SATalha
02-13-2007, 12:48 PM
This thread is such a coincidence, just last Thursday Abdur Rahim Green came to our Uni to give the a talk on the 2nd comming of christ and Al-Dajjal. I heard a story that he is on a Island chained up to the max.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
:sl:

You know the fitnah of the grave is like the fitnah of Dajjal. :uuh:

May Allah swt protect us!

Re.TiReD
02-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Living to die?

Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu dear Brothers and Sisters in Deen.

Allah Subhanahu WaTa’ala says in the Holy Quran:

“Kullu nafsin dhaa’iqatul mawt” “Every soul shall taste of death” (Surah Aal-e-Imran)

But how many of us actually contemplate death? How many of us really realise that it could come to us at any time? Especially those of us who are young, we think we have plenty of time left, that death only comes to the old, but SubhanAllah, death is decreed and will come at Allah’s command.

Death and the Akhirah is the whole purpose of mans’ creation, this life is a test for the believers and what better way to be rewarded than with a garden in paradise Insha’Allah, however, for those of us who think we will live forever and that the world is their oyster, for them is Jahannam,

“Be on your guard against the fire of which men and stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the unbelievers” (Surah Al-Baqara)

Wa na’udhubillah min dhalik! But at the same time one must not despair of Allah’s mercy for;

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him:

"My mercy prevails over my wrath."(Bukhari)

SubhanAllah! The main purpose of my writing an article was to remind my Brothers and Sisters of death, for it is the only thing we know is definite, it’s a reality that nobody can escape.

So the topic today is Ad-Dajjal and the time of Prophet Isa Alayhissalam. Towards the end of the times we will see many blessings but also many trials and tribulations. The idea for this piece came when I was wondering weather I would like to be alive to see that time or not. Allahu A’lam nobody knows what it will be like.

However, the following is one of the reasons I would love to be alive during this period of time, despite the fitnah also present. It is beautiful SubhanAllah, such a pity we are being witness to times quite the opposite of what is being illustrated below.

Blessings at the time of Prophet Isa (as)

All types of spiritual and worldly blessings will descend on earth in his time. Wealth will flow like water, everyone will be independent and have surplus wealth and property to the extent that nobody will be in the need of Zakah and Sadaqah thus receiving of Zakah and Sadaqah will be discarded.

All hearts will be free from misery, envy malice and jealousy. Each harmful animal will be made harmless. Camels will graze with the lions and the cheetahs with cattle. A little girl will chase a lion and make it run away from her like children chasing a puppy, and the lion will not harm her.

Venom will be taken out from all venomous animals, a little boy will put his hand in a snake’s mouth, but it will not harm him. The Jackal will live with the sheep and protect them as if it were a sheep dog. Peace, harmony and tranquillity will prevail in the world.

People will be in complete agreement, wars will cease, the earth will be filled with peace like a silver basin and it will sprout with vegetation like at the time of Prophet Adam (as). The fertility of the land will increase to the extant that if a seed is planted in a rock it will sprout. 700 mud (I think that must mean stalks) of wheat will sprout without ploughing the land. The earth will produce so much fruit that a large group of people will sit to eat a bunch of grapes or a pomegranate and they will be satisfied and use its peel as an umbrella.

There will also be blessing in milk. The milk of a single she-camel will be sufficient to satisfy the hunger of a large group of people. A cow will produce what is sufficient for a tribe of people and a sheep will produce milk, which is sufficient for a family of people. Horses will be cheap as they will never be ridden in war, and bulls will be expensive as they will be used to plough the land.

However, the time before and after the reign of Hadhrat Isa (as khalifah) will also contain its fair share of trouble and fitnah, for example Dajjal and the tribe of Ya’juj and Ma’juj. Below is one of the reasons I would NOT like to witness the period leading up to the Last Day.

There are many Ahadeeth regarding Dajjal, one being that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said,

“Between the creation of Prophet Adam (as) and the coming of the last hour, there will arise no matter more serious than the Dajjal.” (Imam-b-Hussain/Muslim)

Na’udhubillah! The most frightening thing is the effect Dajjal will have on women.

The Dajjal will make a stop at a place called Markanat, near Taif. On hearing about his arrival the womenfolk will rush towards him, the men will be forced to tie their mother’s, daughters, and sisters fearing they will believe him and get caught up in his fitnah.

Now that is something to be worried about, but to be protected from the fitnah of Dajjal recite Surah-Kahf regularly Insha’Allah.

“Whoever memorises the first ten verses of Surah-Kahf will be safe from Dajjal’s fitnah.” (Abu-Darda/Muslim)

We should especially seek knowledge of Allah’s attributes because this knowledge teaches us that Allah is perfect, cannot be seen and is not in need of anything, while the Dajjal is imperfect, can be seen by all and is in need of food and water.

May Allah (swt) protect us if we live to see these times, because this is a time where even the ones who stand firm in faith will be shaken, SubhanAllah. Wassalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

- Qatada -
02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
:salamext:

This is even more shocking subhan Allaah!

Who was Ibn Sayyaad? Was he the false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal)?

Question:

I have read in some ahaadeeth about a strange person who appeared at the time of the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). His name was Ibn Sayyaad or Ibn Saa’id. Who was this man and what was he?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Ibn Sayyaad’s name was Saafi, or ‘Abd-Allaah, ibn (the son of) Sayyaad or Saa’id.

He was one of the Jews of Madeenah, and it was said that he was one of the Ansaar. He was a child at the time when the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Madeenah. It was also said that he became Muslim.

Ibn Sayyaad was a dajjaal (a liar), and he used to tell fortunes, sometimes what he said came true, and sometimes it did not. He became famous among the people, and it was rumoured that he was the Dajjaal. The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to find out about him, so he used to go to him secretly, without revealing his identity to him, hoping to hear something from him. He also asked him some questions directly, to find out what he really was. He outlived the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then he was lost on the day of al-Harrah. [comment deleted]

The story of the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and Ibn Sayyaad

‘Abdaan told us, ‘Abd-Allaah informed us, from Yoonus from al-Zuhri, who said, Saalim ibn ‘Abd-Allaah informed me that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) informed him that ‘Umar set out with the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to look for Ibn Sayyaad, and they found him playing with some boys near the battlement of Banu Maghaalah. At that time Ibn Sayyaad was on the threshhold of adolescence. He did not notice anything until the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) struck him on the back with his hand. Then he said to Ibn Sayyaad, “Do you bear witness that I am the Messenger of Allaah?” Ibn Sayyaad looked at him and said, I bear witness that you are the Messenger of the unlettered. Ibn Sayyaad said to the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), Do you bear witness that I am the messenger of Allaah? He ignored that and said, “I believe in Allaah and His Messengers.” Then he asked him, “What do you see?” Ibn Sayyaad said, (Sometimes) a truthful one comes to me and (sometimes) a liar comes. The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “You have been confounded.” Then the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “I am concealing something from you.” Ibn Sayyaad said, It is al-dukh. [Referring to Soorat al-Dukhaan]. The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “Be off with you! You will never go beyond your rank.” ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, “Permit me to strike his neck (kill him), O Messenger of Allaah.” The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “If he is he (the Dajjaal), then you will not be able to overpower him, and if he is not (the Dajjaal), then your killing him will not do any good.”

Saalim said, I heard Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) say: After that the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and Ubayy ibn Ka’b set off to go to some date-palm trees where Ibn Sayyaad was. The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concealed himself in order to hear something from Ibn Sayyaad before Ibn Sayyaad saw him. The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw him lying on his bed with a blanket around him from which was coming a murmuring sound. The mother of Ibn Sayyaad saw the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) hiding behind the trunk of the palm-tree and said, “O Saaf!” – which was his name – “Here is Muhammad

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!” Then Ibn Sayyaad jumped up and the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “If she had left him alone, things would have been made clear.(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1355).

“Battlement” refers to a structure like a fortress.

Maghaalah was a tribe of the Ansaar.

The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to talk to Ibn Sayyaad without him realizing who he was.

“from which was coming a murmuring sound” means, a low voice, or moving the lips as in speech, or speaking in an indistinct manner.
See Fath al-Baari for the commentary on the above hadeeth in Kitaab al-Janaa’iz of Saheeh al-Bukhaari.

· Was Ibn Sayyaad the great Dajjaal?
The hadeeth quoted above – which describes some of the features of Ibn Saayaad and how the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) examined him – indicates that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not pass judgement on the matter of Ibn Sayyaad, because it was not revealed to him (by Wahy) whether he was the Dajjaal or not.

Many of the Sahaabah thought that Ibn Sayyaad was the Dajjaal.

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sahaabah, and the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not disapprove of that. ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) swore that he was the Dajjaal in the presence of the Prophet Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir said, “I saw Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah swear by Allaah that Ibn al-Saa’id was the Dajjaal. I said, ‘Do you swear by Allaah?’ He said, ‘I heard ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab swear to that effect in the presence of the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not disapprove of that.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6808).

Ibn ‘Umar told a strange story about Ibn Sayyaad which was narrated in Saheeh Muslim from Naafi’, who said: Ibn ‘Umar met Ibn Sayyaad on one of the paths of Madeenah, and said to him something which made him so angry that he swelled up and filled the road. Ibn ‘Umar went to Hafsah and told her about this. She said, “May Allaah have mercy upon you! Why did you upset Ibn Sayyaad? Don’t you know that the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that he (the Dajjaal) will emerge when something makes him very angry?
” (Saheeh Muslim, 2932)

In spite of that, when Ibn Sayyaad grew up, he tried to defend himself and said that he was not the Dajjaal; he was apparently upset by this accusation, and he quoted as evidence the fact that the attributes of the Dajjaal described by the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not apply to him.

Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: “We went out for Hajj or ‘Umrah, and Ibn Saa’id was with us. We stopped at a place to camp, and the people separated and I was left with him (Ibn Saa’id). I felt very nervous and afraid of him, because of what had been said about him. He brought his luggage and put it with mine. I said, ‘It is very hot – why don’t you put your things under that tree?’ So he did that. Then some sheep appeared before us, and he went and brought a large vessel (of milk) and said, ‘Drink, O Abu Sa’eed.’ I said, ‘It is too hot, and the milk is hot.’ In fact (the only thing wrong was) that I did not want to drink from his hand, or take anything from his hand. He said, ‘Abu Sa’eed, I have been thinking that I should take a rope and suspend it from a tree, and hang myself, because of what people are saying about me. O Abu Sa’eed, does anyone know more about hadeeth than you Ansaar? Are you not one of the most knowledgeable of people about the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Didn’t the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say that the Dajjaal is a kaafir, and I am a Muslim? Didn’t the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say that he would be sterile, with no children, and I have left my child behind in Madeenah? Didn’t the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say that he will never enter Madeenah or Makkah, but I have left Madeenah and am headed for Makkah?’ … I was about to accept his excuses, then he said, ‘But, by Allaah, I know who the Dajjaal is, where he was born and where he is now.’ I said to him, ‘May you perish for the rest of the day!’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5211).

According to another report, Ibn Sayyaad said: “By Allaah, I know where he is now and I know his father and mother.” It was said to him, “Would you not be happy to be that man?” He said, “If it were offered to me, I would not refuse.” (Narrated by Muslim, 521)

The scholars were confused by the reports about Ibn Sayyaad. Some scholars said that he was the Dajjaal, and others said that he was not. Both groups had evidence (daleel) for what they said, and their views conflicted a great deal. Ibn Hajar tried to reconcile the two views by saying: the best way in which we may reconcile what is said in the hadeeth of Tameem al-Daari and the view that Ibn Sayyaad was the Dajjaal is to say that the Dajjaal is the exact same person whom Tameem al-Daari saw chained up, and that Ibn Sayyaad was a shaytaan (a devil) who appeared in the image of the Dajjaal at that time, until he went to Isfahaan, where he hid with his qareen, until the appointed time comes when Allaah will decree that he should emerge. Because the matter is so confusing, al-Bukhaari, instead of attempting a reconciliation, narrated the hadeeth of Jaabir from ‘Umar, believing it to be more saheeh, and did not narrate the hadeeth of Faatimah bint Qays about the story of Tameem. (Fath al-Baari, 13/328)

It was said that Ibn Sayyaad was one of the dajjaals or liars, but he was not the greater Dajjaal. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=8301&ln=eng

IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2007, 01:05 PM
:salamext:

ye bro i was shocked aswell!! i read all of that in ibn katheers "book of the end" its got more detail subhanALlah!

shible
02-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Since this description goes a bit lengthy i shall post it into two posts

here is part 1/2

From Abu Hurayra, may Allah be pleased with him:

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said:'The Prophets are like brothers; they have different mothers but their life transaction is one. I am the closest of all the people to Jesus son of Mary, because there is no other Prophet between him and myself. He will come again, and when you see him, you will recognize him. He is of medium height and his colouring is reddish-white. He will be wearing two garments, and his hair will look wet. He will break the cross, kill the pigs, abolish the jizya and call the people to Islam. During his time, Allah will end every religion and sect other than Islam, and will destroy the Dajjal. Then peace and security will prevail on earth, so that lions will graze with camels, tigers with cattle, and wolves with sheep; children will be able to play with snakes without coming to any harm. Jesus will remain for forty years, then die, and the Muslims will pray for him.' (It was related by Ibn Hanbal).

From An-Nuwas ibn Sam'an, may Allah be pleased with him:

One morning the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, spoke about the Dajjal. Sometimes he described him as insignificant, and sometimes he described him as so dangerous that we thought he was in the clump of date-palms nearby. When we went to him later on, he noticed that fear in our faces, and asked,'What is the matter with you?'

We said,'O Messenger of Allah, this morning you spoke of the Dajjal; sometimes you described him as insignificant, and sometimes you described him as being so dangerous that we thought he was in the clump of date-palms nearby.

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'I fear for you in other matters besides the Dajjal. If he appears whilst I am among you, I will contend with him on your behalf. But if he appears while I am not among you, then each man must contend with him on his own behalf, and Allah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf. The Dajjal will be a young man, with short, curly hair, and one eye floating. I would liken him to Abdal-'Uzza ibn Qatan. Whoever amongst you lives to see him should recite the opening ayat of Surat'al-Kahf. He will appear on the way between Syria and Iraq, and will create disaster left and right. O servants of Allah, adhere to the Path of Truth.'

We said,'O Messenger of Allah, for the day which is like a year, will one day's prayers be sufficient?' He said, 'No, you must make an estimate of the time, and then observe the prayers.'

We asked,'O Messenger of Allah, how quickly will he walk upon the earth?' He said,'Like a cloud driven by the wind. He will come to the people and call them (to a false religion), and they will believe in him and respond to him. He will issue a command to the sky, and it will rain; and to the earth, and it will produce crops. After grazing on these crops, their animals will return with their udders full of milk and their flanks stretched. Then he will come to another people and will call them (to a false religion), but they will reject his call. He will depart from them; they will suffer famine and will possess nothing in the form of wealth. Then he will pass through the wasteland and will say, "Bring forth your treasures", and the treasures will come forth, like swarms of bees. Then he will call a man brimming with youth; he will strike him with a sword and cut him in two, then place the two pieces at the distance between an archer and his target. Then he will call him, and the young man will come running and laughing.

'At that point, Allah will send the Messiah, son of Mary, and he will descend to the white minaret in the east of Damascus, wearing two garments dyed with saffron, placing his hands on the wings of two angels. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it, and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. Every kafir who smells his fragrance will die, and his breath will reach as far as he can see. He will search for the Dajjal until he finds him at the gate of Ludd (the biblical Lydda, now known as Lod) where he will kill him.

'Then a people whom Allah has protected will come to Jesus son of Mary, and he will wipe their faces (i.e. wipe the traces of hardship from their faces) and tell them of their status in Paradise. At that time Allah will reveal to Jesus: "I have brought forth some of My servants whom no-one will be able to fight. Take My servants safely to at-Tur."

'Then Allah will send Gog and Magog, and they will swarm down from every slope. The first of them will pass by the Lake of Tiberias, and will drink some of its water; the last of them will pass by it and say,'"There used to be water here". Jesus, the Prophet of Allah, and his Companions will be besieged until a bull's head will be dearer to them than one hundred dinars are to you nowadays.

'Then Jesus and his Companions will pray to Allah, and He will send insects who will bite the people of Gog and Magog on their necks, so that in the morning they will all perish as one. Then Jesus and his Companions will come down and will not find any nook or cranny on earth which is free from their putrid stench. Jesus and his Companions will again pray to Allah, Who will send birds like the necks of camels; they will seize the bodies of Gog and Magog and throw them wherever Allah wills.

Then Allah will send rain which no house or tent will be able to keep out, and the earth will be cleansed, until it will look like a mirror. Then the earth will be told to bring forth its fruit and restore its blessing. On that day, a group of people will be able to eat from a single pomegranate and seek shelter under its skin (i.e. the fruit will be so large). A milch-camel will give so much milk that a whole party will be able to drink from it; a cow will give so much milk that a whole tribe will be able to drink from it; and a milch-sheep will give so much milk that a whole family will be able to drink from it.

At that time, Allah will send a pleasant wind which will soothe them even under their armpits, and will take the soul of every Muslim. Only the most wicked people will be left, and they will fornicate like asses; then the Last Hour will come upon them.' (It was related by Muslim).

shible
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Here is part 2/2

From Ibn Mas'ud, may Allah be pleased with him:

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: 'On the night of the Isra (the Night Journey), I met my father Abraham, Moses and Jesus, and they discussed the Hour. The matter was referred first to Abraham, then to Moses, and both said, "I have no knowledge of it."

Then it was referred to Jesus, who said, "No-one knows about its timing except Allah; what my Lord told me was that the Dajjal will appear, and when he sees me he will begin to melt like lead. Allah will destroy him when he sees me. The Muslims will fight against the kafirun, and even the trees and rocks will say,'O Muslim, there is a kafir hiding behind me - come and kill him!' Allah will destroy the kafirun, and the people will return to their own lands.

Then Gog and Magog will appear from all directions, eating and drinking every-thing they find. The people will complain to me, so I will pray to Allah and He will destroy them, so that the earth will be filled with their stench. Allah will send rain which will wash their bodies into the sea. My Lord has told me that when that happens, the Hour will be very close, like a pregnant woman whose time is due, but her family do not know exactly when she will deliver."' (It was related by Ahmad. ibn Hanbal).

To conclude, Dajjal the individual [the Sick Man of Humanity] will be the final embodiment of all that denotes the way of kufr. The Mahdi will be the final human embodiment of all that it is possible to follow in the way of Islam - for only the Prophet Muhammad was in a position to be all of the Qu'ran walking, may the blessings and peace of Allah be on him. When these two opposites meet, everyone will have a choice - and when Jesus has come again, and the final conflict has been resolved, then the choice will be even clearer. All this, however, lies in the future, and in the meantime every-one has a choice, the same choice, between iman and kufr.

It is not possible to defer making your choice between the two alternatives until a later date, since once you know that you have a choice, it must be made. Right now the choice is yours. The Qur'an is crystal clear as to what will happen when the opposites meet: Allah gives victory to the ones who trust in Allah, over the ones who reject Allah. The Qur'an is crystal clear as to what will happen to you after your death. If you trusted in Allah and followed the way of His Prophet Muhammad, then you will be for the Garden. If you rejected Allah and refused to follow the way of His Prophet Muhammad, then you will be for the Fire. For ever. Right now the choice is yours.

Once you know about the way of Muhammad, the living life transaction of Islam, no other life transaction is acceptable to Allah. Surely the life transaction with Allah is Islam. Right now the choice is yours.

'Abd al-Baari
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Some good articles
Jazakllah Khair

zaki.aumeerudy
02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
[removed long quote]

ye she is alive
he is chained ,a hadith reported by tamiim ad daari in swahih muslim says that many people met him on an island in the time of the prophet

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.