/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions...

jasmine_c
02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
As salaamu alaikum everyone, hope you're all well :). So, I have a few questions and I thought I'd write them at once.

1. - Would I be allowed to pray at home or something? Cos I don't know any Mosques near my house, or even in town. There are two cathedrals and a synagogue in town, and a church very close to my house, but no Mosques. I asked my parents and they don't know where the nearest Mosque is either, so would I be allowed to continue praying at home?

2. - What's dua? I know what it is and stuff but I mean what sort of thing do you say? People say it's to thank Allah swt or just a sort of personal prayer. One person even said they asked Allah swt for for a parrot or something and a while later one flew through the window...so I'm kind of confused about that.

3. - Just a random question out of curiosity, what does akhi and habib/habibi mean?

If anyone can answer these questions then thanks a lot!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zaki.aumeerudy
02-13-2007, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jasmine_c
As salaamu alaikum everyone, hope you're all well :). So, I have a few questions and I thought I'd write them at once.

1. - Would I be allowed to pray at home or something? Cos I don't know any Mosques near my house, or even in town. There are two cathedrals and a synagogue in town, and a church very close to my house, but no Mosques. I asked my parents and they don't know where the nearest Mosque is either, so would I be allowed to continue praying at home?

2. - What's dua? I know what it is and stuff but I mean what sort of thing do you say? People say it's to thank Allah swt or just a sort of personal prayer. One person even said they asked Allah swt for for a parrot or something and a while later one flew through the window...so I'm kind of confused about that.

3. - Just a random question out of curiosity, what does akhi and habib/habibi mean?

Dua is supplication to Allah
akhi = brother
habib = sweet heart or dear one
habibi is the feminine of habib

Re.TiReD
02-13-2007, 04:25 PM
:sl:

women are allowed to pray at home Insha'Allah

Du'aa is asking from Allah for for guidance, help...or whatever you may need...but the parrot story seems a little farfetched! lol

Akhi- Brother
Ukhtee- Sister
Habeeb- Beloved Habibti- same but for a female :w:

jasmine_c
02-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh OK...thanks both of you :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
02-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah sis.

Well first of all it is not obligatory for the Muslim woman to go and fulfill her prayers in a mosque, so yes it is perfectly alright for you to pray at home Insha'allah. The prophet said that the best place for a woman is at her home.

Du'a means supplication. There have been many types of supplications which have been reported from the Prophet peace be upon him and we may take this supplications and act upon them as well. For example there are the ones which we say in times of distress or sadness or happiness etc.

However if you want to say your own du'a in your own words thats also fine, but Insha'allah one should know the proper etiquettes of going about making du'a to ensure that it will be answered Insha'allah.

As for the Parrot story..lol...I find that pretty amusing, but what's for us to say that Allah hadn't chosen to answer his du'a in that way! :D

But we must know that when making du'a, we not only ask Allah for something, but we must also strive for it so that we can acheive it.

The others already answered these :)

:w:

Mawaddah
02-13-2007, 10:07 PM
^ Ukhti, those are incorrect Baarakallahu Feeki. Yes, many people seem to beleive that there are differences in the way a man and a woman should perform Salaat however that is a huge misunderstanding.

Rasulullah said " Pray as how you see me pray"

And has there been reported any Daleel for the above differences in men and womens prayer? No there hasn't been. We just pray the same as a man prays sis :)

Maarya
02-13-2007, 10:14 PM
^^^
thats weird - i've heard the same as sis Muslimah_Sis . . .

Umu 'Isa
02-13-2007, 11:45 PM
:salamext:

The way in which women pray is the same as the way in which men pray

Is there a difference in the way men and women prostrate?

Dhulqarnaeen
02-14-2007, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal
:w:
Please tell me sis, tell me ulama hadith that said these hadith that you brought here is sahih. And then, these kitabs, whose kitabs is it? Are these kitab jamaah tabligh?
Theres no difference between men and men in salah, like sis MAwaddah explained above. And this is which ulama ahli hadith have explained to us according hadith sahih. And I understand maybe this is new to some of you, but IF its new, then is there any problem to accept it if this is the truth? Can we claim that if we hear something new then certainly its wrong? We cant say that, its as if we are so expert in hadith and know eeeeeeeeeverything in Islam.
And the hadith about salah (which is sahih), from niyah till salam is the same FOR men and women. Theres no difference, Noooooo difference. Just like raise the hand in takbiratul ihram, hadith said that Rasululah raised His hands about his ears or his shoulder, and theres no ziyadah "for women" :eek: .
And tell me who is this Shayk Mawlana Fadhlur Rahmaan Azmi? Tell me the recomendation of another ulama hadith about him if he is really syaikhul hadith. Maybe theres some qoul from syaikh Albani, or syaikh bin Bazz etc?
Insha Allah maybe sis mawaddah -hafidhahallah- can check the authentically of the hadiths that sis khayal brought. So she can understand that this article that she pasted is not right. Manfaat insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.