/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things!

Batoota
07-17-2005, 11:34 AM
:sl:

Here's the game- you ned to write 3 isalmic facts that none of us have ever heard of before ...that's right...3 facts!:omg:

*This will only work if we have lots of participants- because the larger the number, the harder and funner it becomes :D

If you do write a fact and we already know it you don't have to start all over with 3 new facts- you just replace the fact with a different one....

Insha Allah we will all benefit by learning more and more!! If you can, please list a website or a source of where you got your information. Also, be sure to label your facts with numbers and remember to say if you already knew anybody's fact. *Also, in case you feel like you don't have any facts, you can still partipcate by just telling us if you already knew the fact!"

I'll start.

Did You Know?

1. That Muadh bin Jabal, Radiya Allahoo Anhoo is the companion who will be the leader of all scholars on the Day of Judgment.

You can check that out in the following website (which is actually a forum :huh:) ) http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=8148

2. That in times of war some amount of people should stay behind to seek knowledge….

"And the believers should not all go out to fight. Of every troop of them, a party only should go forth, that they (who are left behind) may gain sound knowledge in religion, and that they may warn their folk when they return to them, so that they may guard themselves against evil."[Al-Tauba 9:122]

you may learn more here:

http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/edu/edu_seek.htm

3. That Prophet Mohammed Sallahoo Alyhee wa salam’s name appears only 4 times in the Quran (not including the Sura Name):

You can use this http://islamicity.com/QuranSearch to check what I wrote…

So did you know any of these facts? Whose up to the challenge? :shade:

(warning: people who are participating in this game on IF, please stay away :p cause I really won't be able to come up with 3 new facts all over again!! Plus I'm using some of the old facts in the beginning..:confused:. but don't worry, I won't use any of your facts, insha Allah!:-[ )

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Batoota
07-17-2005, 01:59 PM

saw this at IF too
well as long as you don't nick any of the facts there, that's fine :p. JK. Jazak Allah koli khair for participating :D

btw i knew just the third one !
Good, so i only have to replace that one.

*This means I have fact number 1 and 2 until somebody else comes along and says they knew them ???*

ummnoura
07-22-2005, 11:34 PM
I knew the second one!

Batoota
07-23-2005, 11:31 AM

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new participator! Jazak Allah koli khair :D

Okay, so you knew number 2, and zAk knew number 3. Great! that means i have to replace those two facts! No problem, here we go:

Did You know?

4. That it is actually one of the signs of the nearness of Hour when Muslims restrict their salams to only people they know….

It is narrated on the authority of `Abdullah ibn Mas`ood: The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said, what means: "Verily, in the presence of the Last Hour, giving salam would be limited to those known, trade would spread, until even a wife assigns her husband to trade for her, ties of kinship would be broken, and false testimony, concealing evidence and the calligraphic style (reed pen) would appear." (A sound hadith related by Ahmad and Hakim).

`Abdullah ibn Mas`ood reported: The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: Verily, among the signs of the Hour is that greeting (of Islam) is limited to those known only. In another report: A man will greet 'salaam' only to his intimate fellow. (A sound hadith narrated by Ahmad)

5. That the Sahabi (Companion) Abu Dharr al-Ghifari Radiya Allahoo anhoo was the first person to greet prophet Mohammed (Sallahoo alyhee wa sallam) with the greeting of :sl:wa rahmat Allahi wa barakatoo?

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/A...al_ghifari.htm

With that, i am left with fact number 1, 4, and 5 unless somebody knew any of these ???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummnoura
07-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Im sorry to say that as a relatively new muslim i didnt know those! Darn.... I hope someone else comes and knows them!

Halima
07-24-2005, 01:24 AM
That's ok ummnoora I got your back

Did you know?

1) Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world

2) All muslims will go to paradise

3) The majority of converts are women (mashallah)

ummnoura
07-24-2005, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
That's ok ummnoora I got your back

Did you know?

1) Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world

2) All muslims will go to paradise

3) The majority of converts are women (mashallah)
I knew 1 and 2 but i could ask some questions about #2!

#3 i did not know.

Batoota
07-24-2005, 08:36 AM

HEY! Ummnoura: u're a new Muslimah! That is super! :D:muslimah: :awesome: :rock: :wub: :love:

I knew 1 and 2 but i could ask some questions about #2!

#3 i did not know.
^ditto!! :thumbs_up :shade: I've seen a lot of debates about number 2...any sources?

So Halima you knew any of the facts I posted? If you could tell me which ones so that i know how many to replace....that would be great!

jazak Allah koli khair,

May Allah increase us all in knowledge!

ummnoura
07-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Can i say i knew #4 just to move on............. I just learned it lol

Batoota
07-31-2005, 11:34 AM

^^ LOL!! :D well the game would "move on" by itself if we had more participators, but since we don't, we can change the rule to having more than 3 facts: you need to come up with 6 facts that nobody knows-- that should make it more complicated.

I hope not too complicated :confused: but Jazak Allah for trying to help it move!

:w: :sister:

del_piero
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
all muslims do go to jannah.. but not all go directly.. some of them have to be purified in jahanam first, then that river which i don't know the name, then they go jannah.

oh and i dind't know anything that other people didn't already know.. and can't think of my own facts. i'll post when i think of something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.